Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

By Namifangurl07

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH3 - Like brother like sister
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH6 - The First Case
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
πŸ–πŸŽ¨ Drawings πŸŽ¨πŸ–
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH25 - What's important. . .?
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2
CH50 - Weird Days Happens
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck

347 20 5
By Namifangurl07

Yusuke's exhausted body was lying on the floor. As he was gritting his teeth a small amount of blood dripped out of the corner of his lips.

"Has Yusuke been beaten?" Botan asked shakily as Kazuma was trembling with anger and worry.

"What a shame." Kazemaru said smugly earning daggers from Miyuki for a split second before turning back to the two fighters. Shorin looked surprised while Genkai held a stone face, not showing any trace of emotions.

The male Spirit Detective forced one eye open to look at his opponent who was standing before him with his lips curled up into a cocky smirk.

"If you say you give up, I'll let you live." Kibano said chuckling inside.In the Spirit World Koenma and his ogres' watched the entire fight intensely. Yusuke struggled his way back onto his feet. As soon as he got up, he wiped the blood from the edge of his mouth. 

"Oh well, guess you'll just have to kill me. " Yusuke growled at the adult who smirked at the reckless punk boy.

"Ouuh, acting with reckless arrogance that only a kid could have." Kibano said with a mad grin as Yusuke shifted into a stance. "You lost a lot of energy. I know, cause it's hard to see you in my mask."

That small information made the fire inside Miyuki's eyes lit up with realization.

"Yusuke can't go on like this." Botan said.

"You better not die, darn it!" Kuwabara shouted at him as his hand balled up into a fist.

"Kibano is wrong about my brother." Miyuki suddenly said earning the teens and Genkai's attention, even though she didn't look at her new pupil directly.

"What do you mean?" The other water-bender besides Miyuki asked curiously.

"As you mentioned earlier Botan, every armour has its weak points." Miyuki began explaining. "With the helmet sure, he can see Yusuke still, but now it's clear that it's limited by what that fool expects."

"Correct theory Miyuki." Genkai continued on, now turning the kids' attention to the Master of the tournament. "In a normal person sure, power would have gone down such an attack, so that's what Kibano sees, but this brat's spirit energy has a very unique wavelength. It responds to desperation by getting stronger."

"In other words, there is a chance that he can win this, right Master?" Ruby asked with a small hint of hope in her eyes because she had been rooting for Yusuke to win this so in that way she can get to know him better along with his sister. Genkai nodded at the water bender girl before speaking up again. "He could win if he could see. . ."

"Yes, if he could see." Miyuki repeated the words under her breath as she looked at her brother than at his opponent. Then suddenly something caught her eyes. A small orb thing, glowing. She squished her eyes for a better look.

It was Genkai's cigarette. Yusuke noticed it too and soon the two siblings' minds clicked in sync. The two gasped silently at the idea that both their minds held at that very moment.

'Hang on, there is an idea.' Yusuke thought as he looked at the direction of the cigarette. "If only I can get him closer I-." As his hand managed to pick it up while looking at the darkness Kibano reappeared and sent another huge punch to Yusuke.

"I'll try to make this quick." The green haired man said as his fist made contact with the thug's cheek. However, he stood his ground and locked Kibano's arm with his own elbow.

"Now it's over!" Yusuke stated sternly.

"What?!" Kibano exclaimed slightly shocked.

"See, this is all a part of my plan. Next, I am gonna to break your arm." Yusuke began explaining as his free hand began to move toward his belt, placing the cigarette into it without anyone else's notice. All expect Miyuki who let the smallest hint of a smirk dance it's way up onto her lips.

"Yeah, do it! Then start with his face!" Kuwabara shouted excitedly, seeing how his friend finally managed to gain control. However, Kibano smirked smugly.

"Not such a bad idea." Admitted the man. "If I wasn't the master in every style of martial arts, including grappling." Then to Yusuke's surprise, Kibano grasped onto Yusuke's arm before pulling him and the boy's weight above his head before spinning the teen as a cowboy does with his lasso. "Here is my favourite throwing technique, the Banzai Misle!" And after a few more spins Kibano threw Yusuke away, spinning like he was inside a tornado. Everyone besides Miyuki gasped in surprise at the sigh or voices. The thug's spinning body bounced off of the floor, then hit the wall upside down. The impact caused the boy to cough out blood before hitting the floor once more.

"When he's far away he can't see, and when he is up close the guy does judo moves on him. What he is supposed to do?" Kuwabara asked worriedly.

"The only way I see Yusuke pulling this off is with the spirit, but that's still impossible. He'd never be able to make a direct hit." Botan said as he interviewed her fingers with each hand that she held up over her heart.

"Who cares!" Genkai exclaimed with a strong tone. "Stop dwelling on 'what ifs' the reality is that he can't see and he is about to get canned."

"You better get up Urameshi!" The orange-haired thug yelled. "I'm not going to let you run our on me again!"

"He won't." Miyuki said out loud, earning Kazuma's and Botan's attention.

"What do you mean?" Kazuma asked the girl with her usual hair bun and ribbon. "How can you be so sure of Yusuke's victory?"

"Aren't you even a bit worried about your own brother's well being?" Botan asked the female Spirit Detective with a little hint of disbelief.

"Believe me, when I say he is going to win it, then I am sure he will." Miyuki said with her face still as emotionless as ever. "Give it a few minutes to him."

"You sure have faint in your sibling. . . " Ruby stated out of the blue.

"Hn, I just only state the facts that I see." Miyuki said looking away with a huff. Kazuma looked at the Urameshi girl a bit lost while Botan felt her heart melt a little by the fact that Miyuki still does care for her loved ones, even though she never showed any sign of affection.

"I must admit, I'd feel guilty killing an amateur like you." Kibano said smoothly. "Please, tell me you give up and you can go back to your mother and little sister." I'll even open an ear plate so I can hear your actual voice. I could just feel out your vocal vibrations, but surrender has such a nice sound." The words made the young sister figure's fury grew even more.

"Then say it yourself, I'm winning this fight." Yusuke said with as much anger as his sister held. He was holding his left arm while stumbled his way forward, almost falling onto his butt. " Next time you attack me, I'm going to know that helmet off your head, and then I'll slap you around a bit if you can still move." The words that left Yusuke's mouth were nothing but a joke to Kibano, who laughed smugly.

"Don't you think it's a little too late in the fight for you to bluff?" The man with the helmet asked, sounding a bit bored. "We all know that you're blind."

"Maybe." Yusuke said before switching his face to a grinning. "But my sister and mom told me not to make excuses." He added cockily making Miyuki hum with a small smirk dancing on her lips.

"Ugh, fine." Kibano gave up playing 'nice' with the young teen boy. "Then I'll give you no more warning." He slapped the ear plate back to its place before raising up his right fist and make his entire arm grow bigger and stronger like in his previous attack.

"Farewell boy!" Kibano exclaimed before jumping back under the dark covers of the shadows. Yusuke looked around alarmed.

"I will admit, I am surprised about how long you lived, but now it's all over." The man said as he prepared for his last strike. Meanwhile, Yusuke lifted up his right hand and prepared his Spirit Bullet for shooting.

"I can feel you trembling." Kibano said out loud. "Your body is shaking with fear." He then jumped up in the air.

"It's over." Miyuki said out loud, with no emotion in her voice.

"Watch out!" Kuwabara yelled.

"Yusuke!" Botan cried out in worry.

"Farewell!" Kibano said as he was about to hit the boy, who in fact turned directly at his opponent.

"I am not trembling, dummy!" Yusuke told Kibano. "I am powering up!" He then pointed his gun finger at the man, taking him completely off guard. "SPIRIT GUN!"

The blue spirit energy exploded out of his finger. The energy bullet hit the helmet, splitting it apart and knocking the man to the ground.

"Oh yeah!" Kuwabara exclaimed happily while Botan laughed with joy. The leftover contestants gasped in surprise while Miyuki closed her eyes and lowered her head down a little.

"Hn." Miyuki hummed with a small smirk while her brother let out an exhausted breath. Kibano weakly lifted his head up and look at Yusuke with complete disbelief.

"I-I don't understand what happened." He grunted in pain. "You can't see in here. How did you hit me?"

"Why don't you look at your belt before your eyes roll back." Yusuke told him. Kinabo did as he was told and finally, he found that cigarette

stick, still glowing and sticking out of his belt.

"What is that thing?" Kibano demanded weakly yet angrily. "You tracked me down with that?"

"That's right." Yusuke admits it proudly. "It's the cigarette that Genkai was smoking. Remember, she threw it at me at the start of the fight. I saw it on the ground a few minutes ago, still glowing. And while you were busy teaching me your stupid kung fu moves, I slipped it under your belt and after that, well hell, you know the rest."

"You, tricked me." Kibano breathed out.

"Yeah, well, of course, I did, and with that mask, you couldn't see it." With those words from Yusuke, Kibano passed out.

"Winner: The Dimwit." Genkai announced as Yusuke walked up to his friends and sister.

"That was close." The male Spirit Detective said as he gave a tired smile.

"Hey, where did you learn to be so tricky anyway?" Kuwabara asked as he placed his hands inside his pockets.

"It's probably being a kid, trying to think up reasons why he didn't come to class." Botan concluded in a little joking matter.

"Maybe." Yusuke replied.

"Hn, who cares. " Miyuki said with her emotionless tone. "For once he managed to think with his brain instead of his fist."

"Hey, quit it sis! I did my best!" Yusuke snapped at her.

"Hm." Miyuki just hummed as she looked away.

"Wait, what was that glow ball you fired at him?" Kazuma asked.

"That's my spirit gun." Yusuke told him. "It's like this big explosion of my spirit energy."

"So you're using a gun and I've got a sword." Kuwabara said as he placed his hands onto his hips. "Don't you think we're cheating?" The question made Miyuki feel baffled.

"If that's the case then there wouldn't allow us to use weapons at all." Miyuki stated the obvious earning a nod of agreement from Ruby.

"Oh. . . right. . ." Kazuma turned his head away while rubbing the back of his hair in embarrassment , but Botan patted his arm to calm him down.

"Oh, don't worry Kuwabara, just think of these weapons as extensions of yourselves." The blue-haired girl reassured the thug.

"Alright kiddies, let's start the semi-finals." Genkai clapped her hands together. "The first match will be Kazemaru and Yusuke." Yusuke looked at the woman angrily while he held the urge to scream like a banshee.

"Woah, old lady!" The male Spirit Detective shouted in fury and disbelief. "Pick somebody who has had a chance to breathe, okay?"

"If you want to get mad, then get mad at the one who drew the lot, and that's you." The master pointed out the obvious making Miyuki let out a small snort.

"She has a point there brother dearest." The sister added earning a death glare from Yusuke while Botan laughed a little.

"You're not a very lucky person at drawing lots are ya Urameshi?" Kuwabara laughed as well while Yusuke just growled in reply, annoyed.

"Well can you at least throw another cigarette?" Yusuke exclaimed as he threw his arm in the darker side of the room's direction.

"No." Genkai replied with her stone face. "We won't be fighting the semi-finals in here." She explained before the door behind the now small group opened behind them, bringing the bright light inside and blinding almost everyone.

"About damn time you old witch." A new and cranky voice greeted the small group who was in the middle of the open door. Her entire figure as covered with the shadow, meaning her face cannot be seen. "Do you have any idea how long I had been waiting here?"

"Oh, dear." Ruby said nervously as a small drop of sweat rolled down from her forehead.

"Another old hag?" Yusuke asked under his breath.

"Who do you call an old hag you little dipstick?" The other old woman asked offended and angry at the same time. Yusuke was taken aback just like his orange-haired friend, who looked rather scared by the old lady in the shadows.

"Oh quiet you, Drama queen." Genkai snapped at the other elder woman who turned around with a small chuckle leaving her throat.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on to the next area, shall we?" The old lady exclaimed as she looked over her shoulder and then leave.

"Follow me." Master Genkai said as she also started to walk away. The Urameshi siblings, Kazuma and Botan looked at Ruby questioningly, who just shrugged her shoulders lazily.

"Well, you heard Master Yara and Genkai. Let's go." Said the Water-bender girl before following her other master along with the other contestants.

_________________________________________________________

While walking up, on the dirt path I took a look at the other old Lady who was beside Genkai. She was old like Genkai no doubt, just a big taller by like three feet. Her whole outfit shined with its green glory from different colour shades. A dark obijime like belt wrapped around her waist and her silver-like hair was tied up in a half-bun, held up with the help of a golden hair comb that had a jade flower decorating the middle area. When I looked down at the woman's feet I notice she wasn't wearing anything there at all. She was walking on bare feet. Since her back was facing me I couldn't see her face.

"Ruby, who is she?" I asked the water-bender politely.

"That's Master Genkai's sister, Master Yara. She is an Elemental." Ruby told me as she pointed her index finger at the woman in green dress.

"Elemental?" I asked a little puzzled.

"A bender who can bend all four elements." Ruby explained, earning a nod from me. "She was the one who taught me how to use my abilities for as long as I can remember. " All I did was nod my head at the answer. So she will be the one teaching me as well, besides Genkai and Ruby?

"Great, now I have to fight a dude who can shoot a giant energy blast out of his whole stinking palm and my spirit gun is all used up." I hear Yusuke behind me complain angrily to himself.

"And don't forget that one of those fighters might be Rando in disguise." Botan added, reminding me and my brother about the goal of this whole mission. I turned to the two remaining contestants but out of the two, Shorin caught my attention the most. Kazemaru is a decent fighter, no doubt, but he seems more like an overconfident fool just like that comrade of his, Broccoli-head. Shorin was a different story, however. Not to mention that he had travelled around the world in search of a teacher since he is a psychic in training.

I might be just jumping to conclusions, but I know one thing for sure, this is not a coincidence. Soon we all reached the top of the hill. A swamp that was covered mostly by grass and death plants. There were a few spots where there are swamp ponds or just simple mud.

"This will be your new fighting ground." Announced Master Yara as she and Genkai turned toward us. Now I was able to see the Elemental's face. Long oval head shape and jade green eyes, similar colour to the flower decoration of her hair comb, but they looked faded like most of the colour was sucked out of them. Is she blind? I can't help but wonder.

"Ugh, what is it?" Kuwabara asked as the colour on his face started to fade away.

"The site of an ancient battle." Genkai began as I lifted my gaze up to see what caused Kazuma that much distress. That's when I saw it.

"An entire army was overcome by madness." Genkai continued on. "Thousands of soldiers attacked their own men, restless souls fill this place." While looking at those lost souls I feel my left shoulder warm-up like in the forest or in that game room. I looked at my bandaged arm with interest but also puzzled on why does it do that. Again.

"I'm seeing things here I've never wanted to see, oh please! PLEASE! Someone take me home." The ugly carrot head cried out as his skin went even paler. I rolled my eyes at his behaviour.

"Hn, if I would know any better, I say you're scared." I said with my arms folded above my chest and look away from my friends.

"Me? Scared?!" Kazuma asked indisbelief as he got into a superhero pose, probably to impress the girls and I. "The one and only Kazuma Kuwabara?! NEVER!"

I just sighed and paid no mind to his stupid behaviour.

"On this hillside, spirit energy begins to overtake the body." Master Yara spoke up as she and Genkai turned toward our group. "It's perhaps the best place on Earth to use spiritual powers and so the best place for your fight."

"Excellent, their energy is circulating through me now. I feel stronger already. " Kazemaru exclaimed eagerly and happily. I turned to him to see his energy getting a big amount of boost like he just drank Energy Drink. I turned to Yusuke who was trying to summon enough energy for another spirit gun, however not the slightest hint of glow surrounded his figure, which was a bad sign for him and for us all.

"It's no use. I'm feeling some of my power coming back, but there's no way it's enough to use my spirit gun." Yusuke informed me and Botan. This doesn't sound good at all.

"Maybe you can use the surroundings to buy more time for yourself." I told Yusuke as I turned to him.

"Give me a break sis, I am not as creative as you are. Not to mention that I am way too tired for this new match." Yusuke whined, as usual, making me flick him in the forehead, hard.

"Hey, don't just wallop up an injured person?!?!" Yusuke whined as he rubbed his forehead while looking at me with an annoyed expression.

"Stop making excuses and try to figure something out." I told him sternly. "In a real fight like this, you have to think fast and fight like your life depends on it. So quit whining and use your brain. "

"Okay-okay, fine 'mom'! Jeez." Brother dearest told me before walking into the middle of the field, with Kazemaru who kept his distance.

"And the first match of the semi-finals, begin."

A small intense pause took over the entire atmosphere. I look at my brother who looked in alarm at his next opponent who by the looks of it looks so confident about winning this match.

"What a shame for you, fighting two battles in a row, both mismatched." Kazemaru said to my brother smoothly, making me feel sick. What a fool, already thinking that he got this in the bag when the future is so unpredictable.

"What?!" Yusuke exclaimed annoyed.

"Everyone knows Kibano would have defeated you it not for your little trick." The bodyguard said. "And as for my own advantage, you'll soon find out."

Within a blink of an eye, millions of punches began to rapidly make contact with my brother's face and body, all caused by the Ninja-guy. Yusuke did nothing but take those blows like a punching bag. He soon got to his senses, but Kazuma was faster and sent another blow to Yusuke with his feet this time, sending my brother into the bed of grass.

"I am surprised to find someone else in this contest who can use the Spirit Firing technique." Kazemaru said with that confident smile on his face. Something that I would gladly rip off.

"Yeah, I'm pretty awesome, huh?" Yusuke cockily asked as he got back to his knees.

"Of course, it's nothing compared to mine." Kazemaru added as he began to walk forward.

"Yeah, good point." Yusuke agreed as he raised up one fist. "Maybe we should agree not to use them and just play fair."

"Oh, don't worry, I'd rather use. . . My fist!" The bodyguard exclaimed the last part before charging at Yusuke with full speed. I see Yusuke brace himself, but he suddenly looked behind, making him vulnerable for that split second.

"BLOCK IDIOT!" I shouted at him, but it was too late. Kazemaru sent another good wave of furious punches. Yusuke didn't even have the strength and speed to dodge the impacts.

"You can't even fight back." Kazemaru stated as he was still punching my brother's face mercilessly.

"Do something!" Botan and Ruby exclaimed worriedly beside me.

"He is too tired to block a punch." Kazuma said earning a scoff from Master Yara.

"What a lame excuse." She huffed and looking rather unimpressed. Kazemaru delivered a right hook to Yusuke, sending the punk fly and slide into the mud.

"Don't give up Urameshi." Kuwabara shouted. "Put everything you got into one hit!" Yusuke sat up, but at the same time Kazemaru readied himself for another punch. This time, Yusuke managed to dodge it and then went for a punch of his own. Sadly however Kazemaru jumped away as he barely dodged the fist.

"Awh, perfect!" Yusuke complained, but then all of a sudden, a bleeding cut appeared on the ninja guy's felt cheek.

"What the-?!" Kazemaru exclaimed shocked.

"Damn!" Kuwabara shouted as he snapped his fingers. I let the edge of my lip curl up a little into a smirk. So he finally got the strength to do something. About damn time.

"That would have finished me if I hadn't dodged it." Said Kazemaru as he got back on his feet and wiped the blood away. "I can't get that close. Guess I'll have to fight long distance!" The ninja guy then pulled out two pair of throwing stars in each hands.

"So it's not just for trick or treat's purpose." I said out loud as my gaze fixated onto those ninja stars.

"You're joking." Yusuke breathed out.

"Shuriken throwing knives, my favourite." Kazemaru said as I see his energy began to posses those deadly weapons. Then as expected he threw them at my brother.

"Oh, give me a break ninja boy, I am not weak to dodge." Yusuke told him as he dodged each sharp stars easily. However as he turned to the bodyguard, he stood there, still with hat smug look on his face.

'He must have done something on those weapons.' I thought out loud mentally.

"Hello, I was expecting a more shocked reaction, did you not just see me dodge you toys?" Yusuke exclaimed, not liking the expression on Kazemaro.

"Hm, not quiet." The bodyguard replied confidently.

"What?!" Yusuke exclaimed. That's when I noticed those stars coming back like boomerangs.

"OUT OF THE WAY DUMASS!!!" I cried out loud enough to get my brother's attention.

"Those things are behind you!" Kazuma yelled beside me. Finally, the punk looked behind to see those sharp objects with his own eyes.

"Uh-oh." He breathed before diving out of the ninja-stars' way, almost getting him.

"Okay, they're like boomerang knives. That's a decent trick." Yusuke concluded as those stars again made their way toward my brother.

"Actually, they lock onto a person's spirit energy and they can stay up in the air for days before hitting their appropriate target." Kazemaru explained. The shurikens began to come closer but each time they did Yusuke managed to barely dodge them. He scrambled up from the ground and looked around for something. That's when he spotted one of the dead trees. Quickly he rushed over to the nearest one and stood there until those shurikens were close enough. Just as those flying weapons almost reached him, Yusuke jumped away in time, making them stuck into the tree trunk.

I can't help but feel a little relieved for once. Finally, he is playing sma-.

~BOOM!~

The three exploded as soon as the third star hit it, the impact sending Yusuke down to the dirt once more. That was not it, however, those cursed ninja stars survived the explosion in one piece and flew out of the smoke as nothing had happened to them. What the actual heck?

"Oh, perhaps I neglected to mention the gun powder stored in the tip of every blade. " Ninja guy mentioned smirking still. "Even if you manage to dodge every blade, you can't avoid the explosion. It's a done deal." Then the Baldy began to laugh maniacally, making my body shake with anger as my clutches began to turn white.

"How is he supposed to get out of this?" Kuwabara asked the question. My thoughts exactly.

"It might be a good time to tell him goodbye." Genkai suddenly spoke. I turned to the master's direction, completely flabbergasted.

No, I am not going to do this again.

"I've already done that once, okay?!" Kazuma shouted angrily, expressing my thoughts exactly. I turned back to Yusuke who began to run again. . . but toward our direction with the shurikens right on his tail. What the hell is he doing now?!

"I'm a good guy Urameshi!" Kuwabara freaked out while I braced myself in case something happens.

"You have to listen to me Kuwabara!" Yusuke yelled gaining my full attention. What is he planning to do? "You have to win the Tournament now! See ya!" With those words, he left us and charged himself at Kazemaru. That's when it hit me. 

"Yusuke, don't!" I shouted out worriedly, not caring if I show any emotion at this very moment. When he fought with Kibano I knew he was going to win because of that smart move he pulled off. But now with Kazemaru it was different because I find no way out of this one.

"What is it Miyuki?" Ruby asked me worriedly.

"Yeah, I mean what is he trying to do now?" Kazuma asked beside me but I said nothing and just followed my brother's move with my body trembling with anger and fear.

"Oh, dear." I hear my assistant breath out, catching up to the situation.

"He knows he can't escape, so he decided to make this explosion worth something by killing two birds with one bomb." The white-haired elder women explained it to them. My mind blocked the entire cries and shouts of my friends and focused more back on the fight. I saw their lips moving but I was only watching their moves silently. I see the ninja-guy preparing his spirit blast technique at my brother who kept running and running with those shurikens not far behind.

Before Kazemaru can even blast Yusuke, something unbelievable happened. My brother disappeared out of sight.

What?! Where is Yusuke!?

The shurikens were still flying but now they targeted their original owner. Kazemaru lifted his hand palm in order to block his own weapons, but it all backfired and soon the bodyguard was face to face with his doom that was caused by his own hands.

As the man's body hit the dirt, defeated, I feel the weight lift themselves up from my shoulders. But then I remembered Yusuke, who was nowhere to be seen. Botan, Kazuma, Ruby and I rushed into the area to look for that punk.

"See that? He is gone." Kuwabara said.

"Yusuke!" Botan called.

"Hello?!" Ruby shouted right after. I scanned every inch of the area but found no trace of my brother dearest.

"Hey, Urameshi! Are you playing around?!" Kuwabara shouted with a small hint of annoyance in his voice. "I am gonna be mad if he can turn invisible and nobody told me." At that Botan shook her head.

"Only the dead can do that." The blue-haired girl told him. Then I hear the bubbling sounds below my feet. I turned to see one of the puddles and now I saw a hand sticking out of it.

Did he hide in the mud? Impressive.

"Give me a hand Ruby." I asked her as I took Yusuke's hand and pull him out of the muddy water with some difficulty. Ruby moved her hands in a quick motion and soon my brother was pushed out of the water like a fish jumped out of a water.

Yusuke was coughing hard as his clothing was wet and covered with dirt.

"Yeah, pretty clever hiding in the mud like that." Kazuma commented just as impressed as I was, even though I didn't show anything on my face right now.

"I wasn't hiding. I slipped." Yusuke spat as he continued coughing. What did he say?!

"You weren't hiding?!" Kazuma asked, quite shocked. I can't blame him really, I am surprised as well, and here I thought my brother had a brain after all this.

"You weren't hiding?!" Ruby exclaimed shocked.

"Are you trying to tell me the whole thing was an accident?" Kuwabara asked incredulously.

"What whole thing?" My brother asked. I pointed one finger over my shoulder toward the fallen ninja guy, who was still laying on the ground.

"You mean I actually won the match?" Yusuke asked.

"Kazemaru's power up emitted so much spirit energy that it diverted the knives toward him when you fell." Genkai informed Yusuke as she, Master Yara, and Shorin approached us. "Your victory is a total fluke." At that the other old lady nodded in agreement.

"But then again, as Genkai has said before, anything goes as long as you can win the fight." Yara told him.

"It isn't fair." I hear Kazemaru grunt out before falling silent again.

"Life has never been fair, Baldy." I reminded the man bluntly as I turned to his now unconscious bald head.

"He's got a good point though." Yusuke said.

"Guess this makes up for the unluckiness you had drawing lots." Kazuma added as Yusuke wiped some dirt off of his left cheek.

"Works for me." He said with a grin before turning to my direction. "So what do you think Miyu?"I looked into my brother's eyes deeply didn't say anything. Instead, I hit him in the head, making the people around me gasp.

"HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!?" My brother shouted at my face as he rubbed the bump I had given him.

"Stupid." I told him in a soft voice. "You're just so reckless, idiot. What's your plan? To give us a heart attack?" My voice raised up a little but I kept it stern and steady as my stare lowered down to my lap. I suddenly felt a small weight placed on top of my head, making me lift my head up to see my brother smiling at me as his hand was patting the top of my hair.

"Sorry, sis." Yusuke said, sounding. . . genuine. "I didn't mean to give you this much trouble." He then began to chuckle a little.

"Hn." I hummed but let the edge of my lips curl up a little. "Now please get your hand off of my hair. I just washed it this morning." I scolded at him gently as I bat away his hand from me. 

Yusuke looked a little amused before laughing and sending me a playful glare. I returned the gesture with a playful eyeroll.

"Winner: Yusuke Urameshi!" Genkai announced as Ruby and I helped my brother up back to his feet. "Only three fighters are left, I hope you're excited."

Three fighters. Kazuma, Yusuke, and Shorin.

"Well, we narrowed it down." Botan whispered to me and my sibling. "Kazemaru must not be rando. If he was he would have shown his true form after being beaten. " I turned to the last contestant who just happened to turn to me with his black eyes.

Of course, he would be. The big question is what is going to happen next?

"Let's move to the second match of the semi-finals, it's not hard to guess: Kuwabara versus Shorin." Genkai announced.

We can only hope that everything is going to be fine in the end and no one is going to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 586 41
{Revision In process} [Warning] Early on you will most likely come across spelling errors and strange changes in the story. I may or may not go back...
19.3K 233 29
Loosing someone that meant everything to you is a hard obstacle in live. Sadness, loneliness, anger, and longing that fill the heart like water sp...
246K 11.5K 104
β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ π™’π™π™šπ™§π™š.. π™©π™π™š π™π™šπ™‘π™‘ 𝙖𝙒 𝙄? ❞ βˆ˜β‚Šβœ§β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€βœ§β‚Šβˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
10.5K 579 34
(Y/N)/Ghost Rider: "Look into my eyes...your soul stained by the bloods of innocent...Feel their pain.~" My name is (Y/N) (L/N) Blaze...and I am Ghos...