Playful Love

By Devilish_angelR

What happens when the college Nerd and Playboy falls in love because of a simple dare? Evander Arlette took a... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Epilogue
New story Alert

14

67.9K 1.9K 387
By Devilish_angelR

Violet~

Evander walked inside the presentation room and I can sense that he was furious.

"Hello Mr. Arlette." I said standing beside Nicholas "This is Nicholas Fernandez of Fernandez Industries and he's here for the same reason as you." I said introducing Nicholas to Evander.

"Hello Mr. Arlette." Nick said shaking hands with Evander, who mumbled a curt Hello.

"Shall we start the presentations." Evander said moving towards the presentation table without even waiting for us to join.

Soon the presentation began, Evander and Nicholas both gave their respective presentations. Most of the members liked Evander's presentation and wanted to go with that where as I liked both Nickholas's and Evander's presentation, and was in dilemma.

"I think you should make a deal with Mr. Arlette, Vi, I honestly feel that his presentation is better than mine." Nicholas, who was sitting beside me, whispered.

"Thank you, Nicholas. I know you have been trying hard to get this project."

"Hey don't worry, whether I get the project or not, we are gonna be good friends and As a good friend I wanted you to go for the one which is the best for you." He said smiling. This guy is really a gem and June is really lucky to have him.

"Sorry for the disappointment, Nick. And Thanks for understanding. I hope I will get to see you and June soon." I said shaking hands with him.

"So, since you got the deal, Mr. Arlette we will visit the construction site and sign the documents shortly. Congratulations on your success." I said shaking hands with Evan and he held my hand firmly mumbling a Thank You. I think I have a bruise.

I asked Lisa to arrange for our visit to the construction site.

I was in my cabin gathering things to visit the construction site with Evan, when my Office doors opened revealing Evander.

I made a wise decision by letting Sam babysit Archie. I mentally patted myself for making a smart move.

I looked up and saw Evander, one minute he was at the door looking angry and the next minute, he was standing inches near me as I was caged between him and the wall. What just happened!

"Evander, wh...What are you doing? " I stuttered seeing him so close to me.

"Why did you hug that Fernandez, why did you let him hold you, Violet?" Evander asked in a icy tone making me flinch.

"That's none of your business and you have no right to question me about anything I do." I gave back to him.

"Is it so?" Evan whispered his breathe fanning on my neck as his hands traced the curves of my body.

"Evan... " I whispered clutching my hands tight.

"I have every right to question you, Violet. Because you are mine and I will kill everyone who dares to touch what is mine." He said his lips trailing down my neck and I pushed him away keeping my hands on his chest.

"I am not yours, I had been but I was a innocent gullible girl then, but now I am not going to get into your lies. What we have between us now, is purely business, it will be good for both of us, if you act that way and keep the emotions at bay." I said in a firm tone and dashed out of my room grabbing my bag.

Sam~

I proudly said to my sister that I can take care of Archie on my own but now, I have been trying since an hour to give him a bath but I couldn't. Every time it was either my Mom or sister, who gives him a bath and I would just change his clothes, feed and playing with him. I thought feeding babies and changing clothes are a big tasks but now I know that getting them bathed is the real herculean task. I don't know what to do now. I think I should take him to my office and ask Aurora to help me, I hope she knows that. She always says that there is nothing Aurora couldn't do.

I took the bag my sister packed for Archie along with his food and drove to my office.

"Ms.Rivers into my cabin, now. " I ordered her through intercom and within minutes she was standing in my office.

"What can I do for you, Sir?"

"Well, Ms.Rivers. I have heard you say many a times, that there is nothing you cannot do, so, here is an opportunity to prove your talent." I said smirking.

"Sure sir, what is it? " She asked with a attitude.

"Get this little guy here bathed." I said and the colour drained in her face.

"What happened, Ms. Rivers. Cat got your tongue? "

"Sir, when I said I can do anything, I said about work related things. I don't know, how to give a baby a bath." She said playing with her fingers.

"At least help me with him." I said letting out a deep sigh and she nodded.

"Go and ask someone on to get a bath tub for him." I said and dismissed her.

A few minutes later a small baby bathtub filled with warm water was brought and placed in my office.

"Come on, A. let's get you bathed." I said trying to remove his onesie and he protested.

"Okay, I got it." I said, "Ms.Rivers, turn around this little guy is feeling shy." I asked Aurora and she obliged.

"Now, let's get you bathed." I said and placed Archie in the warm water tub. As I tried to shampoo his hair, he began to splash the water by beating it with his hands and bouncing in the water tub happily.

"A, we can play later. Let's get you bathed, be a good boy." I cooed and applied shampoo on his hair to wash it. I was half way washing his hair thinking how good I am at handling kids, when Archie began to cry loudly proving me wrong.

"What happened? Why are you crying? " I asked panicked and he cried even more.

"Sir, I think the foam entered into his eyes." Aurora said biting her nails.

"You have been watching him all the time! You pervert girl!! O God, there is no safety for boys in this world. " I said and Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Just, clean his eyes or do something" Aurora almost shouted making me rush.

"Hey, I don't know. How this works, it's my first time giving bath to a baby." I argued.

"What's happening here? " Mrs. Arlette asked knocking the door, standing in the door way.

"Mrs. Arlette, I was giving a bath to Archie and he began to cry all of a sudden." I explained to her.

"Seems like he got shampoo in his eyes."  Mrs.Arlette said and Aurora gave me a knowing look.

"Allow me to help you." Mrs. Arlette said and I gave her way,letting her to help Archie, who was crying sitting in his portable bath tub.

I asked Aurora to help her while I waited outside the washroom.

I walked out of the washroom with foam covering my hands as I was cleaning my hands the foam bubbles flew and fell on Mr. Arlette, who was sitting in the chair of my office, I failed to notice him.

"I am sorry, I didn't notice you." I quickly apologized dabbing a tissue on his coat.

"It's okay, Young man. It happens sometimes." He said coolly.

"Thanks for understanding."

"You can call me Brax Or Uncle Brax. I am as young as you at heart." He said laughing and I laughed along.

"You are so cool, I will call you Uncle Cool." I smiled.

Mrs. Arlette walked into my cabin with Aurora carrying Archie, who was wrapped in a fluffy blue towel.

"Sorry for troubling you."

"It's not at all a trouble for me, Sam. In fact I remembered my Son, Evan's childhood days, even he has the same silky black hair and used to cry whenever I used to wash it. I felt like I was reliving the moments." Mrs. Arlette said smiling. "Now, get me his dress, I will get him ready." She said and Aurora gave her Archie's bag, as she began to dress him up.

"How easily you women do that things, I was trying to get him ready from past two hours." I said after Mrs. Arlette got Archie.

"That's the power of mothers, Sam. They can do anything when it comes to the matter of their children." Mr. Arlette said smiling.

"That's right, A woman can do anything." I said appreciatively. "I think I should get a nanny for getting him bathed."

"A nanny? Why?" Mrs. Arlette asked looking confused.

"My mom or his mom were the ones who will get him ready and since My mom went on a vacation and his mom, who is my sister is busy handling works, I thought I should help her by babysitting him but I think I should talk with my sister about hiring a nanny."

"If you don't mind, can I babysit for him?" Mrs. Arlette offered. "I really enjoy spending time with him."

I thought about Mrs. Arlette offer, they are good old couple, and are from a prestigious background, as for my knowledge they don't have any criminal background, they are safe and trustable. I thought of letting Mrs. Arlette babysit Archie, till I speak with Violet and hire a nanny.

"I think it's a good idea since you are staying in the same resort." I said and Mr and Mrs. Arlette smiled happily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 27.4K 22
When your a nerd nobody really looks at you, so what happens when a supermodel takes that advantage in highschool so no one will recognize her? Amy S...
32.3K 1.1K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...
482 58 22
(The Millers Book 1) Violet Mae Ross just got out of a toxic relationship, and plans on focusing on herself for the rest of her Junior year. But when...
2.9K 55 32
Ethan was worried - where did Mia just disappear too. How could she do this to him. He thought they had something special between them. He had to put...