Good Day | Dick Grayson

By yjhariani

It's a good day. Supposedly. Because Dick Grayson's daughter wanted me to be her new mother. Oh, shit, what? More

1. Have a Good Day
2. Not So Good of a Day
3. Unexpected Good Day
5. Have a Good Figure
6. Really Good News
7. He's a Good Guy
8. Good Job
9. I Got Stabbed Good
10. Good Intention
11. Goodnight
12. Losing a Good Man
13. Supposedly a Good Day
14. Could Feel So Good
15. Good Uncle
16. Good Luck with That
17. Good, but, Wrong
18. Dear Goodness
19. Goodnight Sleep
20. Good Timing
21. Not a Good Night
22. Way More Than Good
23. A Good Time
24. Questionably Good Vacation
25. Not Good
26. Good F-ing Job
27. Good News
28. A Good Life
Epilogue

4. Have a Good Evening, Dick

9.5K 343 72
By yjhariani

I forgot to buy the wrapping paper. So, I postponed it and postponed it. Now, half an hour before the party took place, I still hadn't wrapped the gift.

Now, how should I wrap the fifteen feet times six feet blanket? Well, first of all, indeed, I had to fold it. Then, I should wrap this bundle of a blanket.

Gosh, I couldn't believe I bought a card, but, not a wrapping paper.

In the end, I ended up here. In the gift shop not far from the ice cream shop where I supposed to be in half an hour. I was already in the middle of wrapping the gift when someone joined the other end of the table to write a card. Immediately, I got myself frozen again as I got myself facing the greatness.

Jason noticed me turning to him and smiled.

"Romania," Jason said. "Right?"

"Right," I nodded, smiling back.

"Awesome," Jason said, continuing to write on the card. "You're going to see Rachel, right?"

"Yes, I am," I answered, continuing my own wrapping.

"You're going by yourself?" Jason asked again.

"Yup," I confirmed.

"Cool. Let's go together," Jason said before tilting his head. "I mean, let's go to the place together, then, Dick will--you get the point."

Oh, lord have mercy.

"Sure," I nodded.

So, it turned out that Jason bought a giant crab doll. Yes, giant. It looked bigger than the kid. He even brought his own box. A washing machine box that he got from an electronics store across the street. It took three people to wrap the box and it took almost half an hour.

When we arrived, the party had started a little, I guessed. Dick Grayson already stood upfront and was in the middle of a speech when Jason and I walked in.

A swarm of children in costumes sat on the small chairs put facing the birthday girl. Rachel grinned at her uncle's presence. She looked like a princess. A spooky princess. Maybe a spooky mermaid princess.

On the sides were the adults. I even saw the man, Bruce Wayne, himself sitting side by side with his fiancée. Around him would be his other children and associates. Near them would be, who I guessed, were the parents of these children.

I almost lost in this privately reserved ice cream shop like a deer looking at a headlight, but, Jason generously led me to a table.

"... I say let's all Kanye the situation. Everything is about Rachel tonight. All questions go to her. All the attention goes to her. To Rachel Grayson, my daughter who is now a big girl," Dick nodded, kind of proudly. "Happy birthday, honey, I love you."

"I love you, too, dad," Rachel said.

The two hugged and followed by Dick kissing his daughter's forehead. It was wholesome that people let out a little 'aw' themselves. Then, the MC took over as Dick walked to the side, approaching his brother, Jason, who had been sitting across from me on the same table. Or so I thought.

"Miss Holmes," Dick greeted as he sat down next to his brother.

"Romania is enough," I smiled.

"Romania," Dick nodded. "Ro. Rome?"

"That's new, but, sure," I nodded.

"And hi, too," Jason said.

"Oh, hey, buddy. Didn't see you there," Dick said before gesturing the children, saying, "Aren't you supposed to be there with your friends?"

I chuckled lightly.

"Real funny," Jason said flatly.

"By the way, Rome, thank you for coming," Dick said. "It's great to see you again."

"Thank you for the invite. It's a pleasure to be here," I replied, smiling.

"It's all Rachel," Dick opened his palms.

I nodded a smile. Dick smiled back.

Oh, wait. I never really thought this man was that attractive until now. His eyes blasted a shine that I never noticed was there when he smiled.

"I shouldn't be here," Jason said, making me realize that I had been stuck staring at Dick.

Pushing my glasses up, I looked away to the birthday girl.

This... this's awkward. Did anybody else see that? Hopefully not.

By the end of the party, I finally had the chance to meet the birthday girl in person. At the moment, most of the children and parents had left already. Only some were left with Rachel's family.

As to this second, I had been having quite the amount of ice cream, just like every body else. Also too much espresso, apparently, because all I had was affogato. Well, it could be considered okay since now I could be as excited as Rachel.

However, at the same time, I felt kind of lost. I didn't belong with these people. Especially not seeing what happened a while ago. I even almost didn't come, but, I promised the girl to be here.

"Miss Holmes!" Rachel cheered.

"Hello, Rachel," I smiled. "Happy birthday, sweetie."

"Thank you," Rachel sheepishly grinned.

"You look beautiful today. Did you make your own costume?" I asked.

"I did," Rachel proudly said. "Dad helped a little."

"A little," I nodded.

"A little," Rachel made sure.

"What about your hair? I really like it," I continued.

"Aunt Cass did it. She's really good," Rachel said.

"I'm pretty sure she is. You're so pretty," I chuckled.

Rachel chuckled.

"You're seven now," I sighed. "What does it feel to be a big girl?"

"I feel... powerful!" Rachel posed with her hands as fists in front of her chest.

"Oh, yeah, I can see that," I proudly nodded.

"Just like the mermaid," Rachel reminded.

"That's true," I agreed.

One of the mermaids on the books we read that one time, she meant.

"I'm not going to challenge you for an armwrestle. I will lose," I said.

"I know," Rachel waved a hand dramatically.

I chuckled.

A man approached us. Rachel's own father again, Dick Grayson.

"Alright, so, are you still sure that Romania and Miss Holmes are two different people, Rachel?" Dick teased.

"They are," Rachel insisted, looking at me.

Slowly, I took off my glasses and shrugged. I heard Rachel gasping.

"They're not?" Rachel asked.

By the look of it, she wouldn't be the one cracking the case of who Batman was. Not even his birds who only had simple masks on their faces. And I was the one to speak. The Robin seemed to be a different person every time and they had the least amount of clothing of the league. Well, not really, but, Robin looked like to be the one having the most revealing suit.

Well, except for Nightwing. He seemed to be very proud of his behind that he didn't bother putting on any cape. Just a tight suit and barely a mask. Yet, I still had no idea who he would be behind that mask. His girlfriend must be pissed that he showed off his butt to the whole world to cherish.

"My name is Romania Holmes, Rachel," I said as I put on my glasses back.

"So, you're Roman and you're Miss Holmes?" Rachel concluded.

"Yes, ma'am," I confirmed.

"So cool," Rachel said.

That made me scrunched my face in confusion, but, I laughed a little.

"But, I didn't see you when I visited Mr. Jackson," Rachel protested.

"That's true," Dick supported. "Last Saturday."

I tried smiling.

"Sadly, I was home last Saturday. My sister needed some help with her babies," I told Rachel casually.

"Does she need some help with her babies now?" Rachel asked.

Oh...

Yeah, I promised Brooklyn I would be home before sunset. Now the sun was going down.

"Maybe," I lightly shrugged. "Which is why I should be going soon, unfortunately."

Rachel looked disappointed.

"I'm sorry, sweetie," I smiled.

Rachel pouted, but, soon shifted her face to a serious expression as she clipped her chin with her other arm supporting the elbow. Her eyes narrowed at me.

"Then, when are we going to read more books about mermaids?" Rachel seriously asked.

I felt bad. Oh, no. Why did I feel bad?

So, I sighed a smile lightly, tucking a bit of Rachel's hair behind her ear.

"Mermaids again?" I asked, making sure.

"I know they're not real, but, I like them," Rachel said as if she was an old lady.

"Okay," I nodded. "How about sometimes in the future, we read some more about it with Mr. Jackson?"

"Tomorrow," Rachel decided.

"Alright," I scoffed in amusement.

"Promise?" Rachel demanded.

"What did I say about promises?" Dick nudged.

"You can't ask someone for a promise," Rachel sadly answered. "But, you promise me, right, Roman?"

"I promise," I said, opening my palms.

Rachel grinned.

"Thank you, Roman," Rachel said as she opened her arms to me.

Gladly, I welcomed the little girl to my arms. Soon, we parted.

"Okay, Rachel, grandpa and grandma are looking for you," Dick said as he lightly nudged Rachel to the said Wayne man.

"See you tomorrow, Roman," Rachel waved cheerfully.

I waved back with a grin as she left. I watched her until she turned her back completely to me. Then, I had to face Mr. Grayson again.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay longer, Rome?" Dick made sure.

"I'm sorry. I have to go," I replied. "My sister's alone and she has two babies with her."

"Oh," Dick hummed. "I understand."

He would.

"Once again, thank you for coming. I'm so glad Rachel's got to see that you're Romania and Miss Holmes," Dick grinned.

"It's bound to happen," I shrugged.

"Yeah. Well, do you need a ride?" Dick asked.

"No, it's alright," I refused.

"Are you sure? Because Jason told me you came here with him," Dick proceeded.

"I'm sure. Thank you so much," I promised. "Have a good evening, Dick," I scrunched my face on, again, how wrong that sounded before correcting, "Richard."

"You, too, Venice," Dick said, scrunching his face before correcting, "Rome."

I chuckled.

"You are funny," I commented.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 6.5K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)
66.2K 1.2K 15
Meet Persephone Grayson, daughter if poison ivy and Harley Quinn and long-suffering wife of Dick Grayson. When her husband brings back a scared Teen...
40K 2.3K 30
Dick is a man child but how will his family react to him becoming an actual child. How he got in this place he didn't know. Who are these people tryi...
7.4K 280 8
"couldn't you at least be likable?" "not my thing, bird boy." [NIGHTWING x OC] [YOUNG JUSTICE AU] [BATFAM x OC] ā†’ if you l...