~❤️~Always Better Together~❤️~

By preetimsd2307

"Not your usual love story" Amarra is a first year med student. Young, Bubbly, Beautiful. She is attracted t... More

~ Casting ~
~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 7 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 9 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ Author's Note ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ Character Sketch NYC ~
~ 24 ~
~ Character Sketch The Hales ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ Character Sketch ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~
~ 33 ~
~ 34 ~
~ Letter to Derek ~
~ 35 ~
~ 36 ~
~ Letter to Derek ~
~ Letter to Amarra ~
~ 37 ~
~ Letter to Amarra ~
~ Letter to Derek ~
~ Letter to Amarra ~
~ 38 ~
~ 39 ~
~ 40 ~
~ 41 ~
~ 42 ~

~ 10 ~

77 3 0
By preetimsd2307

"Liam you have to come. If you don't go, I also won't go. And you know how much I want to go." I pouted in front of Liam in order to convince him to come with me to the Freshers' Party tonight.

College authorities are throwing an amazing Freshers' Party for the first year students tonight. I have heard from some of my classmates that the parties in this college are always very bright and lit and hot and happening loaded with hot seniors (which made me wonder if Derek would be there), free booze, a big dance floor with great music, delicious food, and the best thing is we don't have to wrap up the party before midnight. It can go on as much as we want. Now that is what I call a happening freshers' night.

"But I have practice till late evening. And just so you remember, I have a big game in two days. I can't blow it for a stupid party." Liam was firm in his decision, but I wasn't ready to give up yet.

"Liam please, I am begging you. I bought a hot dress for this party. I can't not go. You have to come with me." I pleaded him folding my hands like in a prayer and made a crying face.

"NO. Infact I know why you are so hell bent on going." he smirked at me. 'Oh for the love of God, why is he smirking. It reminds me of Derek.' I thought.

"And why is that??" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You wanna see Derek again. Don't you??" he teased me. Although it was partially true but I didn't let my expression falter.

"Are you crazy??" I scoffed. "Why will I go to a party just to see Derek?? That will be too much stalker like. And besides, if I wanted to see him, I'll just accompany you to your practice. Easy much." I said trying my level best to match the utter confidence on my face and in my voice.

Liam was debating what to say to me. He looked conflicted. So I took matter in my hands yet again and explained to him why this party was so important for us to attend.

"Look Liam, this is gonna be our first and last freshers' party together. We won't get another. Consider it like a rite of passage in our college life. It is equally important just like graduating med school and becoming a good doctor. I want you to come with me because I want to cherish this night forever. You are my best friend. I want to do this with you. So please, come with me." I said softly and by the look on his face I got a feeling that he will come to the party.

Although, he took a few seconds to think, I knew he would agree.

"I hate you for making me do this." he said and glared at me playfully.

"Yaayyy. Thankyou thankyou thankyou. You're gonna love it. I promise." I beamed at him.

"Hope so. Now let's get to class." he said and dragged me by the hand in the direction of the classroom.

________________________

It was 6:00 p.m. when I called Liam to know his whereabouts. 'He must be at practice' I thought. I wasn't sure if he will pick up my call. But I was actually surprised when he picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hey, what's up??" he said breathing heavily.

"Hey. Just wanted to check if you're still coming." he didn't say anything so I had to ask again. "So you coming??" I asked nervously.

"Yeah yeah. Will you let me live if I don't show up at the stupid party??" he said chuckling. I heard another chuckle from his end which made me realize that he was not alone. I wondered who he is with.

"Haa!! Not at all. Well, I think you're at practice so I'll see you at the party." I said.

"Well practice is over. Everyone is very eager to go to the party. Infact we are heading back to the dorm now." he said in a normal breath.

"We?? Who is with you??" I asked, in a hope of hearing the one name that makes my tine little heart beat like crazy.

"Uhhh....it's Jeremy from our class." he replied and I pouted.

"Okay. See you later then. Bubye." I hung up.

__________________________

After texting Daniel about the party, I went to get ready. Daniel always insists that I atleast text him about my whereabouts so that he knows where I am. He is a very protective elder brother. My friends back in New York always mocked me about this but I never minded it. We look out for each other. Our parents' died in an unfortunate car accident. All we have is each other and we don't want to lose each other. We know how it feels like losing our family. We have been through it once and we don't want to be in that painful position ever again. Although Daniel never blamed me for our parents' death, I know it's my fault. He has loved and protected me exactly the way they would have done if they were alive. I owe everything to my lovely big brother.

Putting my thoughts aside, I opened the closet and pulled out the dress I had bought especially for the freshers' party. It is a beautiful black dress with a low wavy front cut covered by woven net which extends till the neck line. I have paired it with a pair of high heeled black pumps. I plan on keeping my hair down after curling them at the ends.

I put on the dress, the heels and did my hair and make up. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that the dress fit perfectly hugging the curves of my body. 'I look stunning' I thought.

I glanced at my watch and realized it was already 8:30 p.m. and the party starts at 9:00 p.m. I quickly called Liam to check if he has come outside my dorm to which he said that he'll be there in two minutes. I grabbed my shimmery black clutch, stuffed my phone, lipstick, a few tissue papers and hand sanitizer in it. I gave a final look at myself in the mirror and walked out of my room.

________________________

When I came outside the dorm building, Liam was already waiting for me near the entrance. He was dressed in a white tee shirt, blue jeans and a brown leather jacket. His hair was perfectly styled with hair gel to make sure they stay where they are. He looked very handsome with the charming smile he gave me.

"Wow look at you. You look so beautiful." he complimented to which I blushed bright red.

"Thanks. You look handsome yourself." I gave him a smile appreciating his look.

"Well thanks. By the way, I hope Derek sees you tonight. He will be mesmerized. I can tell." he winked at me and laughed while I blushed again.

"Shut up. It doesn't matter. He's a senior. He'll never look at me that way." I said sadly not making eye contact with Liam.

"You really like him don't you??" Liam asked softly, his gaze fixed at my face.

I took a deep breath and decided to tell him the truth. "Yes....yes I do." I had to tell him what I actually felt for Derek because I needed a friend to talk to about him. I really like him and I know it sounds absurd because I barely know the guy.

But ever since the first time I laid eyes on him, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Maybe it is just a college crush, but I really want it to become something MORE. I want MORE. My mother always said to me that when I'll find the right one for me, I won't be able to take my mind off him. And that's exactly what's happening to me.

Liam smiled softly at me and said, "I hope he feels the same way for you." I smiled back at his kind words and somehow he sounded so sure that it will happen.

I felt that he wants this to work out in my favour. And I cannot get more lucky. Liam is certainly the best thing that has happened to me in terms of friendship. He knows how to make me happy in just a few weeks.

______________________

After our little moment outside the dorm building, we headed towards the event hall. It was barely a five minute walk.

The moment we entered the hall, we were awestruck at the wonderful arrangement. There was a huge board with the inscription traced with neon lights that read, "WELCOME FUTURE DOCTORS".

There was a huge dance floor right in the centre of the hall. A big round multi coloured revolving disco ball hung right above the dance floor casting colourful shadows on it. On the left hand side were the food and refreshments counters and on the right hand side was the bar full of free booze ready to be gulped down by hungry freshers'.

Everyone was busy in their own happy world - talking, laughing, eating, dancing, drinking, getting photographed and stuff. It felt so good watching everyone's carefree and happy face. 'I have to make this night memorable' I thought.

And the first step of making memories is capturing them. So I dragged Liam to the photo booth where we clicked a lot of pictures and got two prints of each. Liam kept the small polaroids in his jacket pocket as my clutch was too small to fit them in. He then saw Jeremy and excused himself for a moment.

As I was standing alone, I wondered where Derek was. I wasn't even sure if he will show up tonight. I scanned the entire hall, eyeing everyone in the dim light hoping to find a guy in a black leather jacket but he was nowhere to be seen. I felt my hopes shatter like broken glass.

But just when I was about to turn around to go to Liam, I spotted a dark figure sitting at the far end of the bar in the corner of the hall. The corner wasn't much lit but I could make out it was a man holding a glass and gulping its contents at once. 'Who is that??' I thought.

That very moment the lights in the hall illuminated brightly and I finally saw the one person I was dying to see for so long. There he was, sitting in the far corner of the bar drinking with no one around. 'He really is a loner' I thought. I was facing him sideways and I could see he was wearing jeans, black shoes and a black leather jacket. I couldn't see his shirt because he was sitting sideways.

I was gazing at him with a different spark in my big brown eyes. I wanted to go to him and talk to him and listen to his sexy husky voice. But I remembered his words from the day he gave me a ride from the mall, - "You are a junior and I am in third year. It's a senior junior thing. If people saw you with me, they will make pointless stories. I don't want that and neither do you."

His words screamed in my head urging me not to go to him. I looked around to see a lot of people present in the hall who will make up stories if I approach Derek on my own. But I wanted to. I don't care about people but I know Derek does. I was afraid of his reaction in public. 'What if he never talks to me again??' I thought. This made me decide not to approach him. 'Maybe we'll bump into each other, like always.' I thought.

I kept my gaze fixed at him, watching his loner self indulge in drinks. 'Why doesn't he have friends?? Nobody deserves to be alone. What is his story??' I thought.

Suddenly something breath-taking happened. He turned his head in my direction as if he sensed me standing here. Our eyes met, green with brown and my heartbeat picked up a different pace. He gazed at me with wide eyes and a slightly gaping mouth as if taking in my appearance. My cheeks went red and my ears heated up under his fiery gaze, even from a good distance. I was feeling shy as his eyes scanned me from top to bottom. He nodded his head at me and I gave him a small smile; a smile I have learned from him, too small to be noticed by others. His eyes never left mine for a few minutes.

All I wanted in that moment was him. I wished the world could freeze except Derek and I so that we could have a beautiful moment to ourselves. We were busy staring at each other that I didn't realize when Liam came to stand with me.

He traced my gaze towards Derek and whispered.

"Both of you are making the staring business too obvious. Don't you think??" Liam's words broke my trance and I looked at him shaking his head and laughing at me.

When I turned again, I saw that Derek wasn't there. He was gone. I was pouting already but I assured myself that he must be somewhere in the party. And I will see him again.

I hit Liam's arm playfully and we headed towards the food counter to satisfy our hunger and talk to other classmates.

_____________________

Hello my lovely readers,

I hope everyone is in good health.

Here's another chapter of "ALWAYS BETTER TOGETHER". Please read it and tell me how you feel about it. ALSO PLEASE VOTE FOR THE STORY.

Derek and Amarra, both want MORE. That's such a beautiful detail that they both want the same thing yet they are oblivious of each other's feelings. But they'll get to know that soon.

Next update will also be regarding the party. And it will be an interesting chapter. So stay tuned everyone.

P.S. ~ Amarra's dress for the party. (Nina Dobrev in black dress).

THANKYOU

~Preeti.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
165K 11.7K 34
❀2022 Watty Shortlister❀ ❀𝗔𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗮 𝘁𝗮𝗺𝗯𝗶𝗲́𝗻 𝗲𝗻 𝗘𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗻̃𝗼𝗹❀ Much against his will, River Allen can't drag his gaze away from the new s...
Tangled Hearts By ☆

General Fiction

3.2K 230 14
When two hearts love each other then it becomes a LOVESTORY. When two hearts fulfil their love then it becomes a FAIRYTALE. And this is the tale of A...
801K 46.5K 32
When her ex-friend-turned-boyfriend reappears in her life, Anna must put her hurt and resentment aside to help him survive his withdrawal before he r...