My Sunflower || Lance Sweets

By thegirlwhoswriting

"Well, you ain't never had a friend like me!" "What are you, a nurse or a genie?" ... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One: Nurse in Distress
Chapter Two: Isn't it Neat?
Chapter Three: Beep
Chapter Four: Open up Your Eyes
Chapter Five: You've got me Whipped
Chapter Six: Look Mom, I can Fly!
Chapter Seven: Throw me a line
Chapter Eight: Turn Around
Chapter Nine: Just say Yes
Chapter Ten: But first, Food
Chapter Eleven: Fun Fact!
Chapter Twelve: Hi, I'm Wendell
Chapter Fourteen: Baaaaaabies
Chapter Fifteen: Sharkbait Oh Ah Ah
Chapter Sixteen: Don't You, Forget About Me
Chapter Seventeen: Mabel's Birthday
Chapter Eighteen: Munroe
Chapter Nineteen: I Wish Murder were Legal
Chapter Twenty: Let's be Friends
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Going to be Sick
Chapter Twenty-Two: It's Gonne be a No from Me

Chapter Thirteen: How about No?

1.6K 47 19
By thegirlwhoswriting

Clarke, Wendell and Hannah left briefly, Clarke helping her down to get car. That left Sweets with Daisy.

"It's soo-"
"Why are you here, Daisy? You're not exactly welcomed among most people." He watched her as she rubbed her stomach, an exasperated expression on her face.

"Well Dr Brennan has given me a second chance, why can't you?"
"Because I'm a salty bitch?" Sweets suggested, something that Isabelle had once said when they were watching a Stargate episode. He almost laughed at the memory.

"Why is he doing that? How many times does he have to die?" Sweets had asked as Isabelle watched the show with such an intense focus that it was a wonder she had heard him.

"I dunno aye, it's like he attracts it." She said, shovelling popcorn into her mouth as she watched the scene playing out.

"He's a danger magnet."
"He sure as hell is. But to be fair, if I were a character in Stargate, I would be deadder than a fried fish." Sweets gave her a questioning look. "What? It's true. I'd be dead faster than you can say 'I'll have the Whopper meal, thanks."
"Why?"
"Because I'm a salty bitch."

"I mean, you can be but come-on, Lancelot. It was always you and me, against the world. I'm here because I love you." She whined. Sweets sighed.

"That was until you tried to break up the best couple to exist." He said accusingly. "And I'm sorry about that. Clearly it didn't work because she's pregnant."
"And so are you." Sweets pointed out. Daisy sighed..

"And that's something I am here about. I want to have this baby with you, Lancelot." Sweets looked at her like she was crazy. Heck, she was crazy.

"No."
"Why?" She sat rimrod straight.

"You're so stubborn. I was what was best for you."
"I thought you were. But I was wrong. You need to go back to whomever is your baby daddy, Daisy. I'm not going to step into a place that has been filled... Don't look at me like that, Daisy Wick. I know you're still with whoever it is." He pointed to the ring she had tried to unsuccessfully hide on her finger. "So listen to this, okay? How about no."

Before she could respond, Wendell and Clarke came back in.

"Right, who wants some grub? I'm super keen for pizza."
"Oh I am down as long as it's the good pizza. Not that crappy stuff you always rave about." Clarke stated. Always the refined one. Wendell rolled his eyes.

"I'm down. We can watch a movie or something." Sweets motioned to the TV. "I just need to take my pills otherwise Isabelle will kill me and you'll be attending my funeral by Friday." Daisy rolled her eyes and got to her feet.

"I'm going home." She declared, pulling her phone it of her pocket as she started calling for a taxi. "And I'll get a taxi. There is no point in me being here anymore." The three men watched as she stormed out without so much as a goodbye.

"She try to get you back?" Wendell asked as he was calling the pizza place. Sweets nodded. "You said no, right? Because man she's been nagging on and on about getting her here." Clarke had grabbed the TV remote.

"Good thing is, you turned her down and sent her home. She just wanted to get back with you, break up with what's his face and be secure. She doesn't like seeing you injured and being there to baby you." Clarke stated as he flicked through the channels.

Sweets sighed. Daisy was one person he didn't need in his life. Her drama, chaos a.d persistent intrusion into everyone else's lives was a pain.

"Isabelle seems nice." Wendell said as soon as he had ordered the pizza. Sweets smiled, thankful for the change in brain pathways. He nodded.

"She's amazing."
"I, uh, I might ask her out to dinner. Or lunch. Or something." Wendell continued. Sweets looked at him sharply but Wendell didn't see. He was watching the TV with a small smile on his face. "She gave me her number too."
"Good on you, mate." Clarke grinned as he found a documentary on birds.

"She's particularly fond of chocolate mousse." Sweets offered up, feeling kind of numb when he said it. Wendell was going to ask out Isabelle? Really? Sweets sighed.

"Sweets? Doc? You listening?" Sweets hadn't realised that he hadn't been paying attention to his friends. He blinked and looked at his friends, Wendell holding out a glass of water.  "Isabelle told me to tell you to take this now because you weren't responding to her texts."
"Oh, thanks."
"Got Daisy in the brain?" Clarke asked, nodding his head as though listening to music no one could hear. Sweets rolled his eyes.

"Y'know, I haven't given much thought to her. And now she comes in and says that she wants me to be there for her and her baby when she clearly is happily engaged is ridiculous."
"She likes comfort, that's for sure." Wendell sighed. "Bet she wanted to get with you, break it off with whoever it is and live happily ever after with her Lancelot."
"Don't call me that." Sweets groaned but Clarke laughed and got a pillow to the face. He narrowed his eyes at Sweets who shrugged. Clarke launched a pillow back at Sweets, hitting him in the side

A sudden jolt of pain thrummed through his body and he doubled over, groaning in pain. The pillow had been one of the heavier, sturdier pillows in his lounge.

Clarke was saying something but Sweets didn't hear. The pain kept building until it was too much and Sweets passed out.

*********

Isabelle stretched over herside of the couch, typing out a message to Wendell. He was low-key letting her know how Sweets was doing while also talking to her. He was sweet and kind, from what Isabelle could tell. Completely different to Munroe. Not that she was comparing them.

Mel was flicking channels again when she made a noise and turned the volume up. Isabelle looked over and made a matching noise.

"I haven't seen this in so long, oh my gosh." Isabelle's phone dropped onto her chest as she blinked. The TV show played loudly, enrapturing the two women when Isabelle's phone suddenly went off, ringing loudly and vibrating on her chest. She picked up and jolted upright and answered it.

"What's wrong?"
"So Sweets passed out after Clarke threw a pillow at him."  Wendell spoke quickly. Isabelle's heart pounded in her ears. "We've brought him to the hospital so I figured you'd be the best person to call."
"Where are you?"
"ER."
"I'm on my way." She hung up. "Sweets passed out and stbthe hospital. I have to go there." Mel nodded.

"I'll order and save you some food."
"Thanks. Love ya!" Isabelle disappeared out of the front door and into her car.

Her mind was spinning. Why had he passed out? What was wrong?

She pulled into a park and almost fell out of her car as she tried to get out. She could see Wendell standing outside the hospital and she almost ran into him.

"Is he okay? What happened? He was fine when I left."
"He's okay. Come on." He led her into the Emergency Room that she was so familiar with and saw Sweets laying in one of the beds, chatting animatedly with Mabel, the charge nurse. When Mabel spotted Isabelle, she grinned.

"Oh thank goodness you're okay. I almost laid an egg!"
"Drama queen." Mabel clucked. Wendell shook his head, laughing.

"She looked like she could have, trust me." Isabelle scowled but went over to Sweets and shook her head.

"My painkillers hadn't quite kicked in." He looked ashamed. "Clarke didn't mean to hit me so hard."
"You're in idiot." She pressed a hand against his head and was glad to feel no fever.

"They want me to stay here overnight."
"We're going to do some tests and scans to make sure he's all good." Clarke reappeared there.

"Oh damn, you aren't going to kill me, are you?" He saw the annoyed look on Isabelles face. Wendell touched her on the shoulder just as she was about to yell. She closed her mouth and sighed.

"No... But if there proves to be something wrong with him, I will." Clarke nodded. Sweets was chuckling to himself when Isabelle looked over at him.

"So violent."
"Shush you. It's because of you that I'm hangry." Sweets rolled his eyes.

"You can't blame me for everything."
"How about we go get some food?" Wendell offered from behind Isabelle. "There's a McDonalds across the road." Isabelle's stomach growled at the mention of food. She turned to smile faintly at Wendell.

Sweets watched from the bed as Isabelle looked at Wendell and a sweet smile came on her face as she expressed her agreement. She turned back to Sweets, her eyes sharp but kind as she lay a gentle hand on his forearm.

"I'll be back."
"Is that a promise or a threat?" She shook her head, a smile forming.

"Both, if you aren't careful." She gave his arm a gentle squeeze before turning to Wendell. "Aight then. Onward, my noble steed." She pushed Wendell forward, leaving Clarke and Sweets with Mabel. Clarke was watching Sweets with a sly grin.

"Y'know, maybe we should knock you out more often."
"Why?" Sweets asked, confused. Clarke shrugged, relaxing into the highly uncomfortable hospital chair Mabel had slid to him.

"You have the hots for nurse Isabelle."
"No I don't." If Sweets had anything to drink, he sure as heck would have sprayed in everywhere.

"Yes you do."
"No I don't."
"I can do this all night, Doc. Yes, you do."
"So can I, Doctor. No, I don't." Clarke rolled his eyes.

"You so do. And let me explain why..."

****

Wendell placed the tray of food down between him and Isabelle as she placed the two drinking containers down.

"Are you sure that's yours?"
"Positive. Unless someone swapped my hands while I wasn't looking." That earned her a laugh as they say down, sitting opposite each other.

"So, Isabelle. Does this count as a first dinner?" Isabelle was midway through biting her burger when she grinned, nodded and proceeded to eat half the burger in a bite. Wendell nodded. "That was exceptional. How do you not get food on your face?"
"Practice." She said, muffled, hiding her mouth behind her hand as she spoke and chomped. She swallow before speaking again.

"I'm always this ladylike, trust me."
"I like it." Wendell laughed as he dipped his chip on sauce. "You're very.... Real?"
"I try." She gave a mock bow. "So. Wendell Bray. How do you know Hannah and Sweets and co?"
"Through work. At the Jeffersonian. I'm an occasional intern for Dr Brennan. Or a 'squintern' as Booth would gracefully put it."
"That man sure has a way with words." Isabelle shook her head as she munched on her burger.

"What bought you to America?" She waited to answer this, not wanting to scare Wendell off at the ghastly sight of a mouth full of food.

"Adventure. I was kind of sick of being in one place for so long."
"And you chose America?"
"Not my first choice but it was better than Australia."
"Why?" Little did Wendell know that he has opened up a can of worms that would lead to a five minute mini lecture as to why Isabelle did not want to go to Australia and work.

He smiled as she rambled and decided then and there, he could listen to her ramble about anything.

"..... I think the only good things they've done is the ANZACs and claim Russell Crowe." She finished. "What?" Wendell was looking at her funny.

"You're a bit strange, you know?"
"Exsqueeze me?" She gave him a pointed look as she took a sip of her drink.

"No no, don't get me wrong. It's a good strange. I just mean it in the sense of I don't think I've ever met someone so against a country." Her mood lifted there and she shrugged.

"Sibling rivalry at it's finest, my dear Wendell. Sibling rivalry but make it two countries." She lifted her drink and Wendell tapped his against hers.

Authors note:
I'm trying to avoid doing authors notes because they really have no purpose and don't get read BUT I just want to say that I really, really hate Daisy Wick and that's why her small part of the story is short, blunt and probably poorly written. I honestly have no passion for her.

Aight, catch you next time! Stay safe and if you need to have a quick yarn to someone, hit me up. I'm a qualified listener now (a nurse. I'm a registered nurse. Gosh darn, I'm tired).

Bree

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Li(f)e By Effy

Fanfiction

9.1K 517 10
When Lauren gets hurt one too many times she decides to leave her hometown. But when she gets in a terrible accident she has to go to the hospital. W...
691 82 62
What are you going to do when your past is still in the present when the person you cherish is destroyed by the closest of all. A person you trust an...
153K 2.7K 66
A little look into the future. (One shots)