Burning Hearts (Esmeralda x f...

By Fandomnerd22

Y/N Frollo, apple of her father's eye. He raised her to be just like him. Gypsies are evil, sinful, and unhol... More

Chapter 1: Topsy Turvy Day
Chapter 2: The Way She Moves
Chapter 3: Got a Secret
Chapter 4: Don't Be Suspicious
Chapter 5: Moments of Anger
Chapter 6: Follow Me, Into the Shadows
Chapter 7: The Love they Lost
Chapter 8: Good Girl Gone Wild
Chapter 9: A Party Underground
Chapter 10: The Legend of the Bellringer
Chapter 11: Meeting Quasimodo
Chapter 12: Someday
Chapter 14: The Final Battle
Chapter 15: Lovely Angel
Chapter 16: My Father's Daughter
Chapter 17: A Gypsy Wedding
Chapter 18: In Sickness and In Health
Chapter 19: Closure
Chapter 20: The Baby in the Basket

Chapter 13: Sanctuary!

2.2K 69 0
By Fandomnerd22

Y/N's POV:
This was it. Esmeralda and I were tied to a wooden stake, as my father stood there with a torch in his hand. "If you repent your sins now, you will not have to die," he said, looking at me. "Father," I whimpered, although I knew he wouldn't save me. "You have two choices, y/n." He said coldly. "Come back with me and forget the gypsy witch, or the fire." I squeezed my eyes shut as Esmeralda spoke up. "Never!" she shouted. "Then so be it!" he spat. "Father, please. You can't do this. I'm your daughter!" I pleaded. "You are no daughter of mine," he said coldly. "You never treated her with any respect. You were a horrible father! No wonder she ran away from you, the man who never truly loved her!" Esmeralda shouted. I watched in horror as my father tossed the torch into the kindling. I hugged Esmeralda tightly as the fire crept towards our bare toes. She hugged me back. I melted into her arms and squeezed my eyes shut, preparing for the flames that would soon engulf both of our bodies. But the flames never reached us. Instead, someone swept down and grabbed us before whisking us away to safety. Esmeralda had already passed out from all the smoke. "Quasimodo!" Frollo shouted. "Sanctuary!" Quasi yelled. "Guards, seize the cathedral," he said coldly. Quasimodo carried Esmeralda inside and turned to me. "You'll be safe here," he said. I smiled softly. "Thank you," I whispered. He nodded. "You're welcome." It was then that heard noises coming from the ground. "Stay here," he warned before rushing toward the balcony. I nodded and stayed by Esmeralda's side. After what seemed like forever, Quasimodo finally returned. "Esmeralda, Y/N! We've done it. We've beaten them back. Come and see," he called. I didn't move. I started crying. Esmeralda wasn't waking up. "Esmeralda, please," I whispered. Quasimodo got some water on a spoon and lifted it to Esmeralda's lips, but to no avail. "No, no!" I cried, growing desperate. I took her in my arms and began crying hysterically. Quasimodo knelt beside me and began crying as well. Neither of us noticed that Frollo had entered the room. That was until I felt a hand on my shoulder. "You killed her," I whispered. "It was my duty. Horrible as it was, I hope you can forgive me," he said. I couldn't stop crying. "Now everything will be the way it was. You'll see," he whispered. I stood up. "What do you want from me?" I asked. He wrapped me in a hug. "For you to come home. For things to be the way they used to be," he said. I sighed and melted into his arms, ready to give in. "Okay I'll go with you. Just promise to let everyone else go. They've done nothing wrong. It's me you want," I said. "Y-Y/N??" Esmeralda's soft voice rang out through the small room. My father gasped, releasing me from the hug. "She lives!" he shouted, drawing a sword from his robe. "No!" I cried, taking Esmeralda in my arms and running onto the balcony. I wasn't expecting him to follow us...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 185 16
Sometimes life is seems to play with you more than you think. When all you want is to love and to be loved. But when you fell for someone that your...
1.5M 51.1K 19
Book One in the Dimension™ Series Young, brilliant, smart, and with a dash of sassy and sarcasm, you were the ideal girl that captured the hearts of...
26.1K 788 34
Hello! If you know me I absolutely Victor Hugo's Hunchback of Notre Dame but believe the disney take that came out in 1996 did the book wrong in many...
3.1K 133 38
Just before Esmeralda's hanging, Frollo decides to give her a last chance to choose him over the gallows. Being devastated from the events, what if s...