Just One Day (Bakudeku)

By Astranger015

Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital... More

Trouble Maker
Community Service
Mystery Person
Home
Talking
Halloween Party
Confessions?
A Bad Day
Rival
A Pinky Promise
Phone Number
Thanksgiving Party
Toy Drive
Movie Night
Mistletoe
Christmas
New Years
Some Fun
Eri's Surgery
Files
The Truth
First Date
Story Time
Decisions
We Need To Talk
Heartbreak
Heartache
Regrets
Together Again
Together Again (part two)
Prom Night
After Party
Cuddles
Blame
Tomorrow
Denial
A Kept Promise

Just One Day

8.9K 411 1.4K
By Astranger015

Don't play the song yet please!!!
———————————————————————

The hospital room was cold and unfamiliar. The sickly clean smell was different from what the blonde was used to. The walls weren't as vibrant as before. It didn't have that homey feeling like the other hospital with Nurse Joy, the elders, and the little kids.

This one felt different.

It felt sadder.

It felt scarier.

It felt real.

Bakugou sat next to the hospital bed as he held the unconscious greenette's hand. His eyes only ever leaving the greenette's face to look up at the heart monitor which slow beeping sound was the only noise in the entire room.

                    /\                                  /\     
_/\     /\_/    \     /\__/\_         /    \    /\__
       \/                \/                 \    /        \/
                                                  \/

Beep... Beep...

Bakugou's eyes didn't leave Izuku's even when he heard familiar yelling out in the hallway.

"WHERE'S MY BABY!?"

A panicked voice shouted from out in the hall. A few seconds later the room door opened revealing a disheveled looking Inko.

Her green hair was messy and not in it's usual half up ponytail. Her round eyes which seemed to be red and puffy from crying were wide in fear with dark bags underneath them. And a pink sweater was loosely hung off her shoulder looking as if she just rushed to put it on.

"Oh Izuku..."

She whispered out as tears began to appear at the corners of her eyes. She used a hand to cover her mouth and slowly approached the boy laying in the hospital bed.

"*sniff* My baby..." Inko whispered as she gently moved a strand of hair away from the boy's emotionless face.

Bakugou's eyebrows furrowed together as he bit his lip not wanting to look at the woman who's broken voice almost brought him to tears.

"Ma'am?" Inko looked away from her son to see a doctor with a clipboard in his hands standing next to her. "*sniff* H-how is he?" Inko asked shakily and the doctor sighed before looking at Bakugou then back at Inko. He motioned his hand for her to follow him towards the door.

Once they were by the door and away from Bakugou he began talking. "Do you know that young man?" The doctor said referring to Bakugou. "He insisted on staying by your son's side until you tell him not to." The doctor explained. Inko glanced over at the blonde still holding her son's hand. Her gaze on the two downcast as she now frowned at the ground.

"Would you like him to leave?" The doctor asked and Inko shook her head and looked back up at the doctor. "He can stay just *sigh* please tell me how my son is." She asked and the doctor nodded his head and looked down at his clipboard.

"Right well, it was lucky that your son was with that boy he managed to bring down his temperature by a fairly decent amount and he seemed to know what to do when your son had a seizure. He even timed it, most people forget to do that..." The doctor said while looking at the clipboard. "...h-how long was the seizure for?" Inko asked and watched the doctor slowly drag a pen down the clipboard as he tried to find the answer to her question.

"Eight and half minutes. He's been unconscious ever since." Inko clutched onto her chest hearing the time. "W-what about his SCID? He was out the whole day yesterday!" Inko asked slightly louder then before causing the blonde to hear her. His frown deepened as he held Izuku's hand tighter.

"Yeah his SCID was the main cause for his high temperature and seizure. And it causes a problem for a recovery, but we hooked him up to an IV drip that should help out his immune system but because of his SCID I don't believe it will do very much. Oh right something similar happened to his father, correct?" The doctor asked as he took his pen and tapped the clipboard on the section he was looking at. Inko lowered her eyes as she nodded her head.

"That's right. H-he left the hospital one evening and died to a seizure later that night." Inko explained softly. The doctor nodded his head and flipped a piece of paper over on his clipboard getting ready to write something.

"And when did you find out your son had left the hospital?" "Yesterday morning around eight I believe." "Hmm interesting..." The doctor mumbled as he scribbled something down on the paper.

"What?! Was it?!" Inko questioned. "Even though your son has the same condition as his father he managed to last a longer time outside then he did..." "Is-isn't that a g-good thing?!" "Oh, yes don't get me wrong it's... good that he made it to today but it shouldn't have happened." "W-what do you mean?" Inko shakily asked as she tried to mentally prepare herself for the doctors next words.

"Just like his father his body was introduced to a variety of different germs and bacteria that are harmful to someone with SCID. That's why Hisahi lasted a few hours outside the same should have happened to your son." "...s-so what you're saying is he...he..." Inko began to say but couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence.

"Izuku should have died yesterday, right?"

The two adults looked over at Bakugou who had just spoken.

                                                          /\
                                                        /    \
_     /\     /\_             _     __     /        \__/\_
    \/    \/        \        /    \/      \/
                          \    /        
                            \/

Beep... Beep...

"*sigh* That's right..." The doctor sighed out.

The teen's eyes became watery causing him to cross his arms and rest them on the bed. He buried his face in his arms not wanting to look at anything anymore.

Inko stumbled forward when hearing that making the doctor lead her over to a chair so she could sit down.

"Ma'am." The doctor said and waited for Inko to calm herself down in order to look at him. "Right now your son is in stable condition and I plus a few nurses are on stand by just in case something happens. But all I can tell you is that the best thing you can do for him now is wait and pray for a smooth recovery." Inko's eyes began to water as she nodded her head.

"*sniff* Please help my baby." She said and the doctor gave her a sympathetic smile. "We'll do our best." He told her before walking out of the room. Once he left Inko let out a shaky sigh before dropping her head into her hands.

The room grew quiet again making it so the only sound present was the melodic beeping of the heart monitor.

                    /\                                  /\     
_/\     /\_/    \     /\__/\_         /    \    /\__
       \/                \/                 \    /        \/
                                                  \/

Beep... Beep...

"I'm sorry."

Inko lifted her head up and looked over at Bakugou who had just spoken. His head was still resting on the bed buried within his arms and it was clear from the sound of his wavering voice that he was crying.

"T-this is all my fault."

He said again as his shoulders began to tremble.

Inko had a pained look in her eye as she watched the boy but before she could even think about what to say the doors to the room opened.

"Katsuki!"

The teen lifted his head up when he heard the familiar sound of his mom's voice. He turned to look at the door and saw both his parents making their way over to him.

"*sniff* w-what are you guys doing here?" He asked as his mom pulled him into a hug. "Did you think we would stay home after Kaoruko told us what happened." She said while gently rubbing the back of Katsuki's head.

"Sweetie I'm so sorry." She said softly making the tears in Katsuki's eyes start to flow again as he buried his face in his mom's shoulder.

"Does his mom know he's here?" Masaru asked and Katsuki pulled away from his mother and pointed to the corner of the room. Both Masaru and Mitsuki turned their heads to see Inko standing there watching them.

"Hey Inko..."

Mitsuki's said making Inko tilt her head in confusion. Her eyes then widen slightly in realization.

"M-Mitsuki?"

She asked unsurely. Mitsuki nodded her head. "Some reunion this is, huh?" She said and Inko nodded her head. Mitsuki gave her a small smile before opening up her arms. "Come here." She said and tears fell from Inko's face as she went to hug her former best friend.

"I'm sorry about Izuku." Mitsuki said as she hugged her friend tighter. "*sniff* I-I don't wanna lose him." Inko softly cried out. "Hey you won't lose him." Mitsuki said while pulling away from their hug. "He'll wake up and be his cute and loving self again! Then we can all have dinner together and catch up! Doesn't that sound nice." Mitsuki said as she used her hand to wipe away Inko's tears.

Inko nodded her head but the pained expression on her face never left.

                                                          /\
                                                        /    \
_  /\     /\_             _     __     /        \__/\_
    \/    \/        \        /    \/      \/
                          \    /        
                            \/

Beep... Beep...

A few hours have passed and Izuku was still laying in the hospital bed unconscious.

Mitsuki, Masaru, and Inko were all sitting down around a table in the corner of the room. Mitsuki tried her best to keep the mood upbeat and light hearted by talking about her fashion shows and the celebrities she's met but she knew that it wasn't enough to distract Inko from the current situation.

The distressed greenette repeatedly tapped her foot onto the floor feeling very anxious. She would try and keep her focus on her friend but every now and then she would look over at the two teens and feel her heart throb in pain each time.

Katsuki's head was rested on the bed as he looked up at Izuku's sleeping face. He took his finger and gently dragged it along the palm of Izuku's hand tracing tiny circles. He then slowly intertwined their fingers together and frowned when Izuku's fingers didn't immediately close around his.

"Please wake up." Katsuki whispered as he tightened his hold on the boy's hand.

                    /\                                 /\     
_/\     /\_/    \    /\__/\_         /    \    /\__
       \/               \/                 \    /        \/
                                                 \/

Beep... Beep...

As he stared at their hands his eyes widened when he saw Izuku's fingers twitch. He quickly lifted his head up gaining everyone's attention.

Inko stood up from her seat and rushed over to the other side of the hospital bed.

"Izuku? Sweetie?"

Inko said quietly as she looked down at her sons face. Izuku's fingers twitched again and his eyebrows started to scrunch together.

Mitsuki tapped her husbands shoulder gaining the brunette's attention. "Go find the doctor." She told him and he nodded his head before heading out of the room.

Izuku's eyes slowly began to open but the bright ceiling light above his head caused him to wince and turn his head to the side. Both Inko and Katsuki held their breaths as they waited for the teen to fully wake up.

Izuku squinted his eyes open and locked eyes with his mom who was covering her mouth with her hands.

"Hi mommy..."

Izuku whispered making Inko let out a cry as she threw her arms around the boy.

"Y-YOU HAD ME WORRIED SICK!"

Inko cried out as she tightened her hold on the boy. "Sorry...but I left a note." Izuku mumbled as he patted his mom's back. Inko pulled away from the hug and narrowed her eyes at the boy. "It wasn't a good note!" She yelled making Izuku crack a small smile.

Izuku turned his head to the side when he felt a squeeze on his hand. He closed his eyes and smiled when he saw Katsuki sitting there.

"Hi Kacchan..."

He whispered making Katsuki take in a sharp inhale as his eyes began to water. He dropped his head and bit his quivering lip when he saw Izuku's fingers close around his.

"You're still sick..." Bakugou mumbled and Izuku continued to smile at the boy. "Awe, what gave it away?" Izuku joked but Bakugou didn't find it funny.

He looked back up at Izuku and frowned. "This is serious!" Bakugou yelled making Izuku's smile drop as he looked at the other teen.

"You lied to me and told me that you were better! Why would you do that!? You could have died! No you were supposed to die! Izuku you were supposed to die yesterday why would you take that risk!? Why would you leave the hospital!? Why would you go outside!? There's nothing that's worth more then your life! S-So why...w-why'd you do it?"

Bakugou asked not careing about the tears now streaming down his face. Izuku however did care and tried his best to wipe them all away.

"Kacchan-" he started to say but his face suddenly started to scrunch together as he dropped his hand to squeeze his chest.

                                                               /\
                       /\                                 /    \
                     /    \                            /        \
       /\        /        \                       /            \
     /    \    /            \          /\     /                \
_/        \/                \     /   \/                   \_
                                   \ /
                                     \/

Beep Beep Beep

"IZUKU!"

Both Inko and Katsuki shouted when the boy's heart monitor started beeping like crazy The green line no longer forming constant up and down points but instead formed sharp spikes.

The boy's breathing became uneven as he squeezed his tightening chest and stared up at the bright ceiling light.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Izuku look at me! LOOK AT ME!" Bakugou yelled trying to get the boy's attention away from the light. Izuku turned his head and squinted his eyes as he tried his best to focus on the blonde in front of him.

When the doctor walked into the room and saw what was happening he yelled for the assistants of the few nurses in the hall. They rushed into the room and began helping the teen.

"Can you keep him distracted." A nurse told Katsuki as she put an oxygen mask over Izuku's nose and mouth. "Yeah." Katsuki told her. "Good make sure he doesn't close his eyes." She instructed before going to the doctors side.

"What's happening!? What's wrong with him!? Do something!" Inko yelled. "Ma'am you have to calm down and give the doctor some space." One of the nurses told the frantic greenette. "No no no no not again I-I can't lose him too!" Inko continued to cry as the nurse plus Mitsuki and Masaru tried to comfort and calm her down.

"Ka...cchan..." Katsuki looked away from the panicking adult and down at Izuku when he heard the boy calling him. "Shh... don't talk.
W-We can talk when you're feeling better." Katsuki said quietly while squeezing the boy's hand, hoping that what he just said will actually happen.

"Okay..." Izuku mumbled and turned his head slightly to the light but Katsuki quickly yet gently turned his head back so he was facing him again. "Don't look at that!" Katsuki said raising his voice ever so slightly.

         /\
       /    \
     /        \                      /\                               /\
_/           \              _/     \     /\_        /\_/    \
                    \        /            \/       \    /
                      \    /                             \/
                        \/

Beep Beep... Beep

(PLAY SONG HERE)

Izuku's heart beat seemed to start going down but his breathing was still uneven.

"Kacchan..." Izuku mumbled out as he tried to focus on the blonde. "What did I say about talking." Katsuki told him but Izuku started to breath harder as he tried to say something again.

"Don't push your-"  "Katsuki..."

Katsuki stopped talking when the teen said his real name. Izuku tried to say something again but his eyes kept shifting to the ceiling light. Katsuki moved his head in front of Izuku so he was now covering the light.

"What is it? You wanna tell me something right?" Katsuki asked and watched Izuku nod his head slowly. "W-what do you want to tell me?" Katsuki asked and patiently waited for Izuku to speak.

"...T-That...you're...worth it."

Izuku whispered and smiled at the blonde's confused face.

"Worth what?"

Katsuki questioned and waited for Izuku to answer.

"My life..."

Katsuki eyes widened as he began shaking his head.

"No...no I'm not. Don't say that. Izuku don't say that. Take it back! You don't really mean it take it back! I'm not worth more than your life! Izuku please... t-take it back!" Katsuki cried out his tears falling onto Izuku's cheeks. Izuku continued to smile as he reached his hand out to wipe away the boy's tears.

                     /\
                   /    \
__/\___/        \        __/\___/\          _/\_
                             \    /                     \  /
                               \/                           \/

Beep...... Beep......

"...You...w-wanted to know...why...I did it... right?" Izuku breathily asked Katsuki who nodded his head while placing his hand ontop of Izuku's own that was resting on his face.

Izuku closed his already half lidded eyes and smiled.

"I w-wanted...to actually... be... with... you..."

                   /\
                   /    \
__/\___/        \        __/\___/\          _/\_
                             \    /                       \    /
                               \/                           \/

Beep...... Beep......

"Sir his heart rate is slowing down!" A nurse yelled at the doctor who immediately looked at the heart monitor to see the green line making less points and less beeps.

"What does that mean!? What does that mean!?" Inko yelled out even though she knew the answer. "Inko breath everything will be okay. Everything will be okay, right!?" Mitsuki yelled as she too began to freak out just a little. Masaru ,being the calm person he is, tried his best to get the two to relax so the doctor and nurses could focus.

"Get the defibrillator ready stat!" The doctor yelled.

Katsuki blocked out the noise around him as all he wanted to do was focus on the boy in front of him and the words he was trying so hard to say.

                   /\
                   /    \
__/\___/        \        __/\___/\          _/\_
                             \    /                       \    /
                               \/                           \/

Beep...... Beep......

"E-even if...it...was for..."

Katsuki's eyes widened and his heart dropped after what happened next.

                   /\
                   /    \
__/\___/        \        __/\___/\          _/\_
                             \    /                       \    /
                               \/                           \/

Beep...... Beep......

"Just..."

"One..."

"Day..."

_______________________________

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.5K 20
[ Warning: this story is dark and can have some triggers, PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION !! ] Both Todoroki and Bakugou seem to have a crush on the...
263K 9.6K 54
{[Warning: manga spoilers]} The students have finally graduated UA and are continuing their good work as some of the top heroes in the world. A slic...
1.5M 45.7K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...
7.2K 321 11
When Katsuki distracts himself from his desires, and love, for a certain green haired hero, he creates more problems for himself than he solves. Just...