Test of Fate (DongFeng Fanfic...

By yunxihan_

Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special # 1
Special # 2
Special # 3
Special # 4
Special # 5 + Thank You!
New Book!

Chapter 16

4.8K 141 36
By yunxihan_

Chapter 16

Anchan Flowers

Bai Zhi and Bai Yi looked out the window as they watched Fengjiu happily pull Donghua after her. Bai Yi finally gave in and realized that his daughter will only love Donghua Dijun and it seems... Donghua Dijun loved her too. Bai Zhi looked at the two figures disappearing into the night with a helpless smile. At least Xiao Jiu was happy.

Bai Qian was also in her fox den at this moment looking at the very same figures making their way to Fengjiu's private garden. "Does he really love her?" She murmured to Yehua as he held her that night. Yehua knew Bai Qian was very conflicted. She wanted Fengjiu to be happy, but at the same time the person who makes her happy has hurt her countless times before.

"Qian Qian do you love me?" Bai Qian looked at him incredulously at his question. Was he really asking this when they were getting married tomorrow? Seeing his earnest eyes, her answer turned sincere as well, "I do."

Yehua pulled her closer as he smiled at her. "You forgave me after all I did because you love me... I think it's the same with Fengjiu..."

Bai Qian wanted to argue but she realized he was right. She furrowed her brows as she stared at him. Yehua only chuckled before flicking her forehead. "Sleep, it will be a tiring day tomorrow."

"Yehua... Do you think he loves her?" Bai Qian asked softly. She didn't want to accept it, but the truth was right before her eyes. After witnessing how gentle he was with Fengjiu earlier, she heard about what happened with Nie Chuyin. Donghua had casted a legendary Tiancan Cage for her protection while they were not together, and he beat up Nie Chuyin for hurting Fengjiu. She felt that although Donghua was known as a stone-faced deity, he didn't seem that way with Fengjiu.

"I'm sure he does," Bai Qian opened her eyes and looked at Yehua with confusion. "How are you sure?" Yehua only chuckled before pressing his lips softly on hers. "Because... he looks at Fengjiu the way I look at you."

Bai Qian suddenly blushed as she looked up at Yehua. He closed his eyes and patted her back. "Sleep," This time, Bai Qian did as he said.

*****

"Donghua I always wanted to show you the stars in Qingqiu!" Fengjiu said happily as she pulled Donghua to a bamboo bed in her garden. Donghua looked around at the colorful flowers as he followed Fengjiu. "When did you plant all these?"

Fengjiu paused before sitting on the bed patting the space beside her. "I started this garden when I first became queen to take my mind off things..." I made this garden to keep myself from missing you.

Donghua seemed to know what she was thinking as he sat down beside her. He pulled her into his arms and laid on the bamboo bed. Fengjiu wrapped her arms around him as she happily pointed up the sky. "You see? The stars are so beautiful, aren't they?" Donghua wasn't looking at the stars, but he was looking at Fengjiu's smiling face. "Mm, beautiful."

Fengjiu didn't notice his stare and excitedly shook him. "Donghua have you heard of Yueling Flowers? I have a song I want to sing to you!" As if on cue, Yueling flower petals started floating down from the sky. There weren't any Yueling flowers nearby! Where was this coming from? Fengjiu looked at Donghua with wide eyes, but he only smiled at her and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "You like Yueling flowers?" He asked while caressing her cheek.

Fengjiu only looked away and held her hand out to catch some petals. "Mhm!" These were the flowers she saw when she thought she would die. She looked back at Donghua's handsome face as she suddenly remembered something.

The falling flower petals reminded her of a song she wanted to sing to Donghua Dijun before but never got to.

Fengjiu smiled sweetly at Donghua's closed eyes before poking him on the cheek with her finger. Donghua's lips curled up to a small smile as he felt her pokes. She kept poking him until he finally opened his eyes. Fengjiu started giggling brightly, the sound enough to melt his cold heart. Donghua smiled as he as he pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"What are you laughing about?" Fengjiu didn't answer but laid her head on his chest once more. She took the hand he was using to caress her hair and gently entwined her fingers with his. She felt her heart race at the sight of his gentle gaze. She suddenly smiled sweetly at him and started to sing,

"Yueling Flowers, the snow in the sky

They start to wither when they just bloom

Once exuberant, once withered

They wither when the moon comes out

They bloom when the moon disappears

Yueling Flowers don't know

They never meet the moon

They bloom in an instant

They wither in an instant

The instants witness their blooming and withering"

Donghua watched her sweet smile as he tightened his hold on her when he realized what her song was about. The Yueling flower longs to meet the moonlight, yet they never do. Was she saying she was the Yueling flower and he was the moonlight?

Fengjiu indeed think she was like the Yueling flower. Donghua I've loved you for so long, I will never love someone else. Why aren't we fated? She raised a hand to caress Donghua's cheek as she pressed a kiss to his nose. "Donghua... will you sing me a song?" Donghua closed his eyes and pretended he didn't hear her. "Donghua... Sing me a song, will you?" She coaxed again. When Donghua kept his eyes closed, she gave up. "Dijun, what did you think of my voice? Was it not good?"

Donghua never minded it when she called him Dijun, but why did it feel like the distance between them was growing when she called him that now? Donghua suddenly pinned her beneath him, narrowing his eyes at her. "What did you call me?"

"Huh? I called you Dijun, what's wrong with tha- mmph!" Before she could finish, Donghua had kissed her furiously, eating up all her words.

"Mmph...unh..." Fengjiu tried to push him away but he wouldn't move. All she could do was close her mouth and keep him from kissing her deeper, but Donghua was already moving his hands over her body causing her to gasp. Donghua's fingers easily slipped into her robes as he started teasing and punishing her. Soon enough, Fengjiu felt her entire body grow hot as she could neither speak nor think.

Donghua pulled away as he breathed heavily on top of her. Although he had pulled away, his hand was still gripping her waist tightly. Fengjiu watched him breathing heavily, trying to control his desire. She found him absolutely handsome at that moment. Before she could say something, Donghua was already leaning closer again. "What did you call me?"

"Dijun!"

Donghua only pressed his lips against her once more, kissing her anew. Fengjiu took his aggressive kiss. Heaven knows how hard he was kissing her, but she was actually starting to moan. Her cries were a mix of happiness and protest but Donghua ignored her. He really loved it when she cried out like that, so he only deepened their kiss.

As her cries grew louder, Donghua finally released her and looked at her with hooded eyes. Fengjiu was still reeling from his kiss as she laid on his chest gasping for breath. She was about to speak when Donghua pinned her beneath him again.

"Donghua..." Fengjiu finally gave in. His gaze was dark and intense like he could eat her up right now. Fengjiu swallowed as she remembered their activities in the Holy Blue Sea. Donghua released her and extended his hand for her to get up as well. Fengjiu didn't know what he wanted to do but she took his hand anyway.

Donghua had one hand behind his back as he stood there holding Fengjiu's hand. Yueling flowers fell soundlessly around them. Amongst the flowers, they stood there staring at each other.

Slowly, Donghua revealed a wreath of flowers from his back. He released Fengjiu's hand and raised the wreath with both hands to her head. Fengjiu held his arm to have a good look at the wreath before he could place it on her head.

"Donghua... What is this?"

"It's wreath of Anchan Flowers," Donghua didn't explain more, but he gently placed the wreath on top of her head, brushing away her stray hairs from her face. Fengjiu looked at him with wide eyes as Donghua leaned down to press a soft kiss to her lips. "You look beautiful."

According to ancient history, when a god encounters a woman he loves, he'll make a wreath of Anchan flowers and present it to her as a token of affection... Is this a token of affection?

Fengjiu looked up at him with tears in her eyes. Whether he knew the meaning of the flowers or not, he had given her a gift. Anything he gave to her, she will treasure. Donghua didn't say a word, but he gently drew her into an embrace.

The Yueling flowers fell as the moon shone bright in the sky. Unbeknownst to them both, the Yueling flowers bloomed while the moon shone brightly in the sky.

They were together at last.

Author's Note: Surprise update!!! Thank you for all your support <3 Your comments really bring me motivation and new ideas when writing :) I love you all! Stay safe <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 10.3K 97
Bai Feng Jiu/Donghua Dijun Fanfiction. Saving Feng Jiu from death after the Phoenix attacks her, Donghua leaves behind traces of his magic within her...
106K 3.1K 52
What happens after Dong Hua and Xiao Bai get out from the chasm. This is a variation of the story in the 2nd book "The Pillow Book" in the Three Liv...
79.8K 216 4
Rocks don't melt but they break They were ill-fated or were they? Why would fate make two people meet and fall in love when they were not meant to b...
119K 2.4K 29
It had been 300 years since Bai Fengjiu was crown as the Queen of QingQiu. She was said to be extremely beautiful and graceful only second to her Aun...