Mark of Hell

By Kasindra

Kasindra, a demon from Hell, must destroy the mark before it destroys everything she knows and loves. She wil... More

Chapter One

The Beginning

4 0 0
By Kasindra

Hell. The scorching, demon infested, toturous pit, my home. Me, one of the last remaining members of the Order, the most powerful position in Hell next to Lucifer himself. A member of the Order was feared by every soul and demon trapped in this abyss. One of the Order knew every torture method known to man and demon alike, and had perfected them. They knew every way to kill a man, beast or angel, it was permenantly imprinted in our minds since the day the Order was created.

I was just lucky enough to be Lucifer's number one, the strongest soul in all of the pit, besides Lucifer himself. Of course, that wasn't hard considering there weren't many of us left, most of my siblings had been slain by those pompous pricks called angels, a parting gift to Lucifer from Heaven, the only remaining members of the Order were my brother, Oliver and I. Good thing, too, because I rather enjoyed being alive. Being alive allowed for me to enjoy my hobbies of torturing damned souls or feeding the hell hounds. Not that I had too much to worry about, besides the boss I really didn't have all that much to worry about, I was powerful. There was almost nothing able to kill me, hell, even harm me.

"Are you monologueing to yourself again, Kasindra?" The voice of Oliver snapped me out of my thoughts. He had entered my room and was standing in front of my mirror, messing with his long black hair.

"I'm going to say no and when I do you're gonna pretend it's the truth. So, no." I responded with a small smile. He let out a short laugh and turned to me. I was lounging on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

"What was it this time? Fat people or rednecks?"

"Neither, actually. Although I am in the mood to rant about those two things. The world has really let itself go. Reason number one of why I prefer to stay down here than up there." He let out another chuckle and plopped down next to me, using my legs as a pillow.

"Now I don't even want to know what you were so deep in thought about. So, did you hear the news?" I shook my head and my mood sobered, news was never good. Ever. "There's another human with the Mark. It's finally popped up again and Lucifer isn't happy."

I groaned and fell back into my black pillows. Everything in my room was black, a little drab but it still looked good. "I wouldn't be either." I rolled my eyes. "So, who do you think he'll send after the little whore?"

I lifted my head and propped myself up using my elbows, looking at him. He looked at me like I was crazy. "You, of course. Why in the world would he send me? I'm not nearly as strong as you."

"But you are crazier." He shoved me gently and I shoved him back, maybe a little too hard as he flew off my bed and onto the carpet. He landed on his butt and was looking angry, his eyes flashing black. He stood up and was just about to lunge at me when the door to my room slammed open. I lazily looked in that direction but widened my eyes when I realized that It was Lucifer, and he looked pissed. I scrambled to stand and once I did I pressed the side of my fist to my chest in salute.

"Kasindra. I have a mission for you." His dark voice seemed to echo itself in a way that just seemed dark and sinister. I nodded curtly at him, I had to be careful, he was already angered about something and if I was disrespectful to any degree... It wouldn't end well for either me or my brother. I suppressed the shudder that came when I remembered what happened last time anyone has angered him. Lucifer had slain half the demons in Hell just to get to one soul.

"There is another being with the Mark." he explained. "I need you to bring her to me. I will not loose the Mark to the pitiful lifespan of humans again, and I definitely will not allow the Mark to fall into the hands of my brother. Once I have the Mark you may kill her in any way you please." A malicious smile met my lips before I could stop it, my eyes flashing black. I grew excited at the thought of blood. Lucifer noticed and an almost identical grin planted itself on his face.

Oliver cleered his throat, speaking shakely, "But sir, shouldn't you be happy we found the Mark? After all we've been waiting so long for it to reincarnate since the last human-"

I cut off my brother with glare, he was a millenia old but still a child, he had spoken out of turn. Lucifer's eyes grew dark, his grin fading. The walls of the palace shook causing dust and chips of stone to rain down. "Yes, Oliver, it has been quite some time." Lucifer spat, his voice dangerously monotone. "But Michael has already sent angels to the girl. We have lost the advantage."

Oliver gulped, "Yes, sir, I understand sir."

Lucifer nodded and the shaking stopped, I let out a sight of relief.

"Sir, may I ask who this human is?" I asked slowly.

"Her name is Kace Collins. She is sixteen years of age. There are already demons at her location watching her but I need a much stronger demon to extract her. As I said, there is already at least one angel watching her so a regular demon could not take her. I trust you will kill the angel and bring me the girl." I nodded.

"Yes, sir. When shall I depart?"

"Now." He said, his voice like steel. I nodded and turned towards my brother and mouthed 'Be careful.' before snapping my fingers, transporting my being to the human world. I couldn't take the physical form I could in Hell while on the surface so I had to find a vessel, a human body I would be able to possess and use as my own. As I arrived I was mearly an invisable presence floating around above the surface, a dark shroud causeing humans to shiver as I passed.

I had to find a vessel strong enough to contain me, which should be fairly difficult. If I chose the wrong vessel it would be torn to shreds and I would slingshot right back to Hell, not a pleasent process.

It took hours of searching before I finally found her. She was a teenage girl, though young she was stronger than she looked. Bruises and gashes covered her body, tears marked her cheeks. I entered the room, lowering before her. She jumped and looked around the room with wild eyes, she couldn't see me in tht form but she could sense my presence like cold weight had been put on her shoulders.

"Hello?" She asked, he voice shakey and quiet.

"Hello." I said slowly, english felt strange to speak, well, any human laguage in general.

The girl jumped, her eyes darting around her room, searching for me. "Who are you?"

"Kasindra. I'm here to help you." Her eyes widened slightly and her breathing quickened.

"How?"

"I can take you away from all of this. I can save you." I knew I was lying but it was important to trick this girl, not many would willingly let another control their bodies on a whim.

"What do I have to do?" Smart girl, most on her situation just jump right in and agree.

"Just say yes and it will all be over, like a bad dream."

"You promise you can save me?"

"I swear it. All you have to do is say 'yes.'" She thought it over for a few minutes before drying the few tears in her eyes.

"Yes." I grinned and appeared in her vision as a cloud of smoke. I reached forward, placing my aetherial hand on her forehead. She screamed and struggled for a moment but it was too late. Her eyes flashed bright orange and I felt the familiar sensation of slipping into a new body. They were so gullible it was laughable. Possessing the girl felt like slipping on a glove, the perfect fit.

I felt her body ache from her countless injuries and I used my power to heal them. A cold feeling wrapped around my neck as my anchor fell into place, the one thing that protected my vessel from being torn up when I activated my powers. It also granted me the use of my armor and sword, I would need those if I was going to take on an angel, though it wouldn't be too hard. I'd killed plenty of the supersized pidgeons before, this would be no different.

I stood up and wobbled slightly, not yet used to the new body. I slowly walked myself out of the room and down the stairs towards the sound of screaming. Her parents were downstairs, the father screaming at the mother in a fit of rage. His face was bright red, he screamed so loud spit flew out of his mouth and his eyes bulged out as he stared down his wife. The woman cowered in the corner, similar bruises to her daughter marking her body. I narrowed my eyes and stepped forward.

As I came into view the father fell silent, staring at me confused. I could smell the stench of alcohol from where I stood a dozen feet away, it rose off of him in pungent waves. He walked towards me, "I told you to go upstairs." I remained silent, unblinking. "You will learn your lesson one way or another" he cried, raising his hand and bringing it down upon me. I stopped it inches from my face by grasping his wrist, he struggled against me but my power fueled my vessel's strength, he was powerless. He roared in anger and I gripped harder, hearing the cracking of bones as his forearm shattered. He cried out in pain and collapsed to the floor. I turned towards the mother, stepping over the crying man's body.

I knelt before her, "Sarah?" she whimpered.

"No." I said in a voice that was not my own. "Your daughter is safe." I continued. I wasn't sure why I was helping this woman, but something compelled me to, she looked weak and frightened which usually made me angry but now it only made me feel sympathetic. Maybe I was experiencing some left over emotions from my new vessel, like a bad after taste.

I rose and and moved towards the man who still cowered on the floor, clutching his ruined hand. I looked the man in his terrified, shaking eyes. "I- I'm-" he stuttered.

"Shhhh." I said, placing a finger on his lips. "I'll see you real soon." Then, with a quick flip of the wrist I snapped his neck, and his body fell limp. I felt a rush of adrenaline, one that only came from death. I looked down at my hands to see them marked with differnt shades of color, the girl had wiped makeup from her eyes onto her hands as she cried. I reached out and wiped my palms on the man's shirt, making it black and blue. I turned towards the woman, "You're welcome." I said before exiting the house, heading in the direction of the girl with the Mark.

***

I stopped under a streetlight and chanted a spell under my breath. Before me appeared a small group of demons that I knew were charged with watching over Kace. "Tomorrow, when the young girl is alone, you will attack. Do not kill, but weaken her. I need the guardian angel to appear." I heard a chorus of agreements and I smiled. "You are all dismissed." All at once the demons I summoned vanished, usually demons were chaotic, insane and uncontrollable but with my power and the influence of Lucifer, I was able to influence a few demons for a small amount of time.

'This should be easy.' I though smiling, Isnapped my fingers, transporting to the girl's location, waiting for the attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 825 48
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...
405K 17K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
136K 6.2K 20
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
69K 6K 41
What if Arnav gets a chance to rectify all his mistakes? What if he gets a chance to avoid such situations? What if he gets to know Khushi is his wou...