Son Of Darkness

By Jahsizzlv2

Being the spawn of the primordial embodiment of darkness and chaos does something to a kid growing up. I was... More

Confront
What doesn't kill
Return
Return II
On The Path
Learning
The Arena Life
Leaving The Landing

Ankus Born

6 0 0
By Jahsizzlv2

Pain resonated through E as the burning sun peered through the grate in E's room and onto his scarred back. It had become more bareable due to the repeated exposure to the silver. Still, the pain was enough to yell out in agony.

E had come to expect this as a frequent punishment for his "misdeeds" in the coliseum above. But he couldn't care for the repercussions. He did what he had to.

"I'm sorry again Wolf" Delrin, the head exceutioner and punisher of the gladiators spoke solemnly as another lash scratched itself into E's back. He bit back the pain. Blood dripped from his lip onto the now blood stained floor.

The man let off two more lashes before stopping. E's legs felt tired of the pain and the previous fight. Delrin quickly undid the chains that held E facing the wall.  He quickly faltered, almost falling to his knees whilst his breathing grew ragged.

The executioner threw a cloth onto E's bed before turning and promptly leaving.

His blood was a prominent taste in his mouth, his sharp teeth having cut his tongue a few times. E slowly pulled himself upward and let his hand lean on the wall. His claws, which appeared while restrained due to the pain dug  into the stone wall, like they had many times before.

He made it to his bed before taking a seat and picking up the cloth and lightly tapping his scarred back. The stinging was still apparent but slowly numbing as his body began to fix the exposed and raw flesh.

E's clawed hand returned to its more human shape as the nails lost their dark color and length. The gray fur and the size of the hand also receded.

He allowed his body to recuperate as he slowly and carefully allowed himself to lay to his side, his eyes beginning to drop as the once searing sun began to disappear from his vision.

*****

E opened his eyes, as he pulled himself upright on his hard cotton covered slab. He was suprised that he had actually gotten used to the cold uncomfortable surface he slept on. Considering he'd endured it for around 17 years it made sense.

As E twisted he scanned the room, the blood was still on the floor but had taken a darker color due to the air exposure. E also felt his back and wasn't surprised to find all the previous damage healed.

Stepping off his cot, he looked up through the grate above him and realized the beautiful appearance of the crescent moon. His eyes were mesmerized by ethereal white glow that shined into his room.

It's light didn't cover his entire room, but his vision made the rest of the room just as visible. He turned to his left and looked to the direction of the door and saw the light of torches in the hall.

He walked over to it, making sure to avoid the puddle of blood he would have to clean up when he returned. Looking the the left and right from the inside of the cell showed Delrin. The blandly light halls reflected off him.

The weary but docile elven man had been kind to him since his birth and subsequent growing up. Even though he was E's main punisher he held no ill will against the older man.

"Delrin" he called quietly. The man instantly turned to face him. Delrin'a face looked almost pained seeing E, no doubt for the role played in his daily life being a negative one.

"Hello Wolf" he said kindly back as he looked either way down the hall.

"Think you can get me to bathing room?" E continued, his hand on the bars. He listened for others but most were quiet this time of night.

"Sure thing kid and sorry-" Delrin began before E stopped him. The man constantly apologized to him for his job. E understood the man and why he did these things.

"For Elsion and Tora remember?" E responded with a kind smile. Delrin's face contorted as he smiled and nodded back.

E couldn't fault this man, he had a sick wife and a 10 year old daughter. Kids were expensive in Ankus and being a half elf didn't make it easy for him.

"For Elsion and Tora" he replied with a nod before pulling out his key and unlocking the cell as E took a step out.

"Thanks" E said as he passed Delrin. He turned and began to head down the scantily lit corridor. He heard Delrin' footsteps close behind him. Even his elven descent wasn't enough to get past E's ears.

As they walked E noticed the cell 4 down from his that was now empty. The prievous occupant having gotten out like he hoped. He allowed himself a short nod and continued.

He hoped she would found her family.

The entrance to the bathing chambers were usually guarded by two other guards, Cromly and Hornburg but they were off tonight.

Delrin stepped in front of E and pulled out a small black key they opened the bathing room door.

After a few seconds of fidgeting with the lock he pushed the door open. E gave the man a courteous nod before entering and hearing the door close behind him.

The bathing chambers made the rest of the under coliseum dwellings look like hovels. The exquisite marble crafted pool basin and walls were highly extravagant. The King always talked about rewarding his fighters with good cleaning resources. He noted he didn't want anyone to die of infections as there was "no fun" in that.

E's dislike for that spoiled man child grew more with every passing day.

Wasting no more thought E stripped his blood stained pants and slowly descended the stairs til the water was at his stomach.

He saw as the blood and grime began to slowly wash off his body. The water turning red and black with the cleaning, before it quickly shimmered and returned clear.

E then submerged his body entirely and began to scrub through his hair and chest.

Taking his head above the surface he breathed out, the calmness of the room offering comfort over his room.

E's ears twitched slightly, before the sound of keys entering the bathing room door was registered.

Sitting still and listened as the footsteps and three voices grew closer.

"You saw how The Wolf lost his fight today?" The first voice spoke, a soft feminine edge to it.

"Yeah I was surprised, he didn't even shift to fight back, not even partially." The second continued, a slightly more aggressive edge to it.

"You guys think he pitied her bullshit story about family? What a gullible idiot no wonder he hasn't gotten out of here yet" The final spoke with a mocking grumbling chatter. Her voice grated on E's sensitive ears.

E took no time and let his body begin to grow, his gray hair growing into a fine fur all over and his legs and arms shifting and lengthening. His mouth and nose soon fused into a familiar enough wolfs snout with teeth protruding aggressively. His nails grow to their dangerously long proportions and his feet shifting to their new digitigrade stance. As it finished he wasn't surprised to see all three of the new arrivals staring at him. His wet fur dripping loudly on the tile floor.

The first girl was Gilma, a mixed human girl who was new to the arenas. She had slightly pointed ears and grey skin. Her eyes were her most noticeable feature with a weirdly alluring midnight blue. She was attractive to E but he stayed away from her due to his uneasiness. She looked over E with awe.

To her left and tucked slightly behind her was Blanche, a snow elf whose slick frame was accentuated by her slim fit leather suit. She was a older prisoners the arena like E, having appeared here when he had turned 8. Her pale hair and stark white skin was smudged by some dirt, with blood on some of her face and armor. She held a pretentious smile.

The last girl and the one who caused the most issues for E was Talros. She was a orcish girl of giant proportions. Standing over her friends by a good foot or two. She stared at E with a definite glare, which he countered with a low growl.

"S-sorry Wolf we didn't know you were here, Hornburg let us in." Gilma started politely, stuttering slightly. She then bowed her head, an odd gesture that the wolf strangely liked.

E slowly stalked his was over to the girls and stopped short in front of them.

Taking his time he leaned down and smelled them intently, a unconscious habit of his transformation.

Gilma blushed slightly, while Blanche froze and Talros took a step back.

"Back away from me mutt" the orcish girl spit angrily. Her long braided red hair swaying as she moved.

Instinctively E bared his teeth and let a low rumble out of his throat. The annoyance increasing at the girl, to the point that his other side desired to bite into the orc.

Gilma almost instantly put her hand in front of the orc, seemingly showing how she registered E's agitation.

E managed to rein in his more beastial side, as he took steps past the three girls. He gently grabbed a towel on his way out of the door, careful to not rip it.

Outside of the bathing now stood Hornburg, a heavyset guard who knew better than to bother E when he was alone.

E allowed his body to revert and lose its truest features. He slipped the towel around his waist as his upper body and hair dripped. Next to the exit was a small mirror which he took the time to examine himself in.

His nearly shoulder length grey hair was his biggest feature. E's eyes which Delerin had described to him as "green like grasses of Dorenwald" were also interesting, holding as certain luminous property to them. His slightly pointed ears and sharpened teeth also helped bely his wolf kinship. Small scars decorated his chest, from whenever the Emperor was feeling extra spiteful to E and allowed newer fighters silver weapons.

E also turned slightly and saw to his back. The silver lashing from earlier healing up and becoming incredibly thin scar lines. Silver seemed to not be as detrimental to his body as other wolves he had seen fight. They seemed almost poisoned by its use, especially when lodged into a vital part of their body.

He didn't understand why he was different but that was thought for later.

E pushed open the door and looked to see Hornburg sitting in his small chair. He eyed E before giving a curt nod and continuing to look over his blade.

He rather quickly returned down the hall and enter his slightly ajar door. Once inside he closed the door, the lock triggered seconds later. E strode over to his cot, before kneeling and looking under it.

Under sat a wooden basket which was filled with clothing of E's designation. He pulled out a pair of pants and slid into them. Throwing the towel on the floor he let it soak up what little blood was still present.

With nothing left to do in the night and a fight determined tomorrow; E let himself lay once again on his bed, the hard familiarity of it was almost soothing as he begun to let his alertness fade and drowsiness invade.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 22.2K 68
Arc(9)-Arc(14)+Real World+Extra အာဏာရှင်ကုန်းvsနတ်ဘုရားရှို့
297K 21.9K 49
منذ أن فتح عينيه للحياة وجد نفسه محاطا بذنوب ليس هو بفاعلها فأطلق عليه الجميع لقب الخطيئة و لكنه ليس بشاب يستسلم لقبح قدره بل قرر أن ينتقم لمن كان سب...
95K 5.1K 33
Pluto thai gl novel မြန်မာဘာသာပြန်
78.1K 878 58
🔞#5 BILLIONAIRE Ezekiel Gallagher Sakura Ximenez 09-01-22