RISIBLE (Night Guard Scenario...

By Mixnote

Okay, so not all love stories are the same. Sometimes a knight has to save a maiden. Sometimes a fair woman f... More

HERE'S THE LOWDOWN
A simple day
You notice them
Meetings
Dangerous times
Thank you's
Messages
!An Anouncement!

You run into each other

1.7K 43 35
By Mixnote

Scott

It was a nightmare situation. 

Due to several strikes by public transport workers in different sectors taking place, there were not enough busses to handle the massive amounts of passengers. 

One of which, was you.

As the bus stopped, you quickly got on, ready to take a seat, relax and listen to some music before having to go to another work meeting. This, however, did not seem to be the case as you shuffled farther and farther through the rows of seats, finding none empty. When reaching the near back, you simply gave up.

"Welp! Guess this means I'll just stand for half an hour–" 

"Excuse me Miss, but you can have my seat if you want." You caught the movement of the man next to you as he got up.

You turned to the kind gentleman with a big smile. "Really? Thank you–... Scott?" 

The red masked man tilted his head, just as surprised as you were. "(Y/n)? Hello! How are you?" 

"I'm doing great!" You readjusted your bag's strap over your shoulder. "You?" 

"Eh, work's got me running around, but otherwise I'm still alive, so that's good," he spoke, an obvious hint of nervousness reflecting in his voice. He didn't seem to enjoy his job, you noticed.

"Yeah..." Silence fell after that. It stretched on too long to be comfortable, only interrupted when you stumble slightly as the bus moves again, bumping you against Scott. He hurriedly put out a hand to grab you. Your face flushed.

"Y-You know," Scott motioned to the now empty seat beside him, "my offer still stands." 

"Oh, no. I mean, I appreciate your offer but–" your eyes dart from his mask to the seat and then back again, "I can't possibly..." 

"(Y/n)?"

"Yeah?" 

"Please sit down so I can stop worrying." 

You frowned. "Worrying about what?"

"You, Miss (L/n). It seems to be the new normal ever since the incident."

"Oh, yes, that." Your attention flickers to the outside world as your thoughts took on the shape of your assailant and saviour (that being the man standing before you now).

You bite your lip as you make your decision. When the last bit of hesitance leaves, you nod and sit. "I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble, Scott. Thank you." 

"It's alright (Y/n), really! I just..." he readjusted his grip on the roof bar. "I don't have a lot of people I care for in my life, so I guess I just can't help myself from wanting my friend to be safe and comfortable, ya know?" 

"I'm your friend now, am I?" you smirked playfully. Scott chuckled and reached for the back of his neck. He was about to apologise when you continued. "Then, as a friend, I would like to make it all up to you by inviting you out. Does coffee sound good? What time fits you?" 

"W-Well," he managed as he grasped for composure, "my shift ends at 6 am..." 

"Every morning at 7 it is then!" 

"Every morning?" 

"Sure! Why not?" 

"That..." Scott cut his own objection off. After a night of fighting off monsters, he deserved to treat himself, so why not? "You know what? Yes, I would like that. Shall I meet you at the shop on Cassidy Street?" 

"Definitely!" 

The rest of the ride was filled with comfortable conversation ranging from what each of you enjoyed doing in your free time to a friendly argument on whether ketchup should be allowed on eggs. Before you knew it, the bus stopped at your destination.

You sprang up and checked to see if you had everything. "This is where I get off." You gave your friend one last wave, gaining one in return. "See you tomorrow at seven Scott!"

Jeremy

Most friends usually go out to the mall to buy clothes, watch a movie and eat at the food court. That is precisely what you and (F/n) did. You just did it in an unconventional way.

Of course, you ate at the food court (who doesn't like food), and you definitely went to watch the midday showing of the new film you both were dying to see (much to your geeky delight). The clothes, however, were not your normal tank tops, socks and sneakers. That is unless your character wore any of those things...

A rush of laughter burst from (F/n)'s wide mouth as she watched you trying, and failing, to pull off a dwarf beard. "You look like Santa!"

"Hey! I thought I looked pretty good!" you objected, spitting some strands of fake beard from your mouth. "Why don't you put something on?"

(F/n)'s phone went off just as she was going to answer. She put her finger into the air in a give-me-a-second gesture as she pulled it out. "Hello?" Several lines of dialogue came from the other end, your friend only humming and giving short replies. "Okay... Okay, I'll be there in ten minutes. See you then." The call ended and (F/n) looked you in the eyes. "I'm sorry (Y/n), but the delivery truck just arrived at the shop. I need to get there immediately."

You hung the beard back onto the hanger. "I thought they weren't due until tomorrow?"

"They weren't, but apparently they sent my boxes with a different courier this time." She glances at her watch. "I can get there and back in twenty minutes. Stay here and... find another cosplay buddy!" She rushes to the store's door. "Best of luck to you, traveller!"

"Except you're the traveller and I'm–! Nevermind." Your dear friend was already out the door. With a shrug and fond smile, you head off on your new quest.

-------------------------

So far you were failing. Not a single person you asked seemed interested, or if they were, they could not stay.

So you threw in the towel and went to retrieve your Santa beard.

However, when you reached the isle, your fuzzy prop was not in its place. Looking around, you found it on someone else chin.

"(Y-Y/n)!" squeaked a voice from beneath the hairy depths.

"Jeremy? Hey!"

"H-Hello!" The shy young man slowly sunk his head deeper into the cloak hood he wore as if trying to conceal his face in its darkness. "W-What are you..." He takes a moment to recompose himself. "What are you d-doing here?"

"Cosplaying." You point to his face. "I was wearing that beard earlier."

"O-Oh!" Jeremy started to fiddle with his sleeves. "Do you w-want it back...?"

"Nah." You walked closer, grabbing some curly red facial hair off the rack. "It fits you way better."

The brunette smiled timidly. "What are you d-dressing up as?"

"Nothing specific. (F/n) and I was just goofing around. Y'know, trying to make up new characters." You choose a pair of funny green gloves and put them on. "How do I look?"

"Like a Leprechaun d-drag queen," Jeremy giggled. However, as soon as the sweet sound came, it died down and the kind young man once again crept back into his shell. "I-I..."

Seeing the burn of embarrassment on his fuzz-covered cheeks, you quickly interject. "Hey, Jere? Do you want to join me?"

He became quiet– very reluctant to agree.

So you prodded. "Please? Just one or two outfits?" You clutch your hands in front of you.

"O-O..." His smile returned, more genuine than ever. "Okay. What d-do you want to dress u-up as first?"

Fritz

The barking was deafening when you came in. The senior caretaker closed the gate and you were greeted by wagging tails and flopping ears.

The caretaker, Danny, chuckled. "They missed you."

"Or they just think we're bringing lunch," you jested as you walked up to the first pup and pet his head. The affection rewarded you with an enthusiastic lick to the palm. The other canines all yipped, also seeking your attention. "Who'm I working with today?"

Danny motioned for you to follow. He took you farther down the hallway to a pen with two smaller pups. "This is Axel."

The brown and white puppy slinked towards you, his tail-wagging hindering him from walking properly. You knelt down and rubbed his back.

"And that is Kira," Danny gestured to the other black puppy patiently waiting for her turn.

You smiled and reached out to give her some love too. "Hello you two, what do you say we go for a walk?"

---------------------------------

The leads made a small 'clink' sound with each paw step, filling the air with the sound of tiny bells. Axel, the hyperactive boy he was, took the lead. His spotted head would look around to make sure you and his sister were still keeping up every now and then.

Your party slowed down when Kira stopped to sniff at an interesting new smell. You allowed her to explore, happy to see her engaging in some normal dog behaviour, but her brother wouldn't have it.

With a yip and a tug, Axel yanked his leash from your grip. You stumbled to your knees. "Axel! No!"

His wagging tail disappeared around the corner, leaving his sister and a panicking woman behind.

"Bad boy Axel!" Kira made no sound as you plucked her off the ground to dash after the scoundrel.

But it was too late to catch him.

As soon as you came around the corner, Axel was no longer running. Instead, he was wagging his tail in the arms of none other than a very familiar redhead.

"Fritz!"

His chartreuse eyes met yours and he smiled. "(Y/n)! How are you?"

"Better now that I don't have to chase after this guy." You went to pet the pup wriggling in Fritz's steady embrace.

Fritz chuckled. "He's a hyperactive little guy, isn't he?" He gently pried the leash out from under the mutt and gave it to you.

"You have no idea. But hey, " you took the lead, "it's just the sort of drama I signed up for when I volunteered."

"You're a volunteer too?" It was then that you noticed the shy boxer peeking out from behind Fritz's trousers. He noticed and smiled. "This is Bobster. He's one of the dogs I regularly help out with. We go way back, " Fritz rubbed between the older canine's ears, "Right bud?"

And like magic, the shyness melted away.

"He's wonderful." You giggle as 'Bobster' came to sniff your hand.

"Yeah, it's a shame no-one's picked him up yet. He's an amazing dog and will definitely make someone very happy."

You placed Kira on the ground "Why don't you adopt him?"

Fritz's gaze fell. "My landlord doesn't allow pets. Otherwise, I would've taken him home a long time ago."

As you were about to respond, another tug brought your attention to Axel who was once again becoming restless.

"Heh, looks like you need to get a move on." The redhead took his own dog's lead and gently urged Bobster to follow. "I'll see you around (Y/n)!"

"Yeah," you waved him off. "Yeah, of course."

Vincent

There was just something about the sight of o artefacts and the smell of old books that brought forth a sense of wonderment.

It was one of the best antique shops in the area. They often had auctions which you would go to but, due to your lack of hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars, would not take part in.

Today, however, there was no auction.

The scent of parchment and ink filled the mystical atmosphere as you wandered about the columns of manuscripts. With nowhere to be and nothing to do, you had the marvellous opportunity to get lost in a search for the latest wonder of your (very slowly) growing collection. It had to be old, in good condition, and interesting.

Your eyes caught exactly that.

Right above you sat a book with the prettiest spine you had ever seen. Gold wove together winding patterns of red, light blue and orange. Excitement bubbled up and you reached up to take it.

As you got on your toe tips, your hand grasped the spine...

Then the book disappeared– held by a set of slender fingers.

"What the... Hey!" You huff and stomp to the next row to find the book thief. Low and behold!

"Well well well..."

You froze on the spot as pearly eyes glance up at you from the first page of the – your – book.

"Hello there love. Fancy meeting you here."

"Vincent! What are you doing!?"

Your strange co-worker sauntered over, paging through the book with a monstrous grin. "Why, isn't it obvious? I'm reading."

"Reading my book! I had it in my hand when you took it."

"But that would mean that you didn't have it, wouldn't it?" As if possible, his smug grin grew wider. "You know what they say, dove." The gem was dangled above your head, just out of reach. "Finders keepers."

"Fine." You turned on your heels, fully intending on leaving Vincent to steal books to his evil heart's content, but you did not get far. A hand shot out to grab your wrist and pull you back.

A soft 'oof' escaped you when your back came into contact with Vincent's front.

"Not so fast lovely," he purred. The book was slid into your hand. "I still have to explain just how special this book is."

"So you can rub it in my face?" You tried moving away, but the tall man held fast.

He stayed silent for the briefest of moments, eyes drinking you in. Then he spoke: "This book is more than 90 years old." He released your wrist and took a step back. "There were only 50 copies ever made and published." Vincent scanned the bookshelf for a publication he fancied. "And I would like to buy it for you since it's quite expensive."

You lifted a brow. "How do you know so much about it?"

The purple-clad man shrugged. "Can't a guy have hobbies?"

"You collect vintage objects?"

"Is this really the strangest thing about me to you?"

No, it was not, but you weren't about to say it aloud.

With a beep of his watch and a small growl of annoyance, Vincent closed the book he was holding and made his way back to your side. "Here," he handed you several hundred dollar bills, "I have to go to work. Find yourself another book.

The man started walking for the exit but paused to address you a final time. "If you'd like to see more, come over to my house. I'll give you a tour."

He left you, his wide smile never wavering.

Mike

You may not be the sort of person to go on an I-want-it-all shopping spree each weekend of your life, but when your favourite t-shirt and sweats started becoming see-through, you knew it was time for some new apparel.

As fate would have it, today was the day each store you went to had massive sales (it was probably after or nearing some holiday you couldn't remember). That meant buying all the marked down clothes you could afford– and that was a lot.

The bags draped in clusters over your arms crinkled with every step as you made your way to your car. The added weight of the mismatched articles threw off your equilibrium and hindered your sight of the ground and doors in front of you. 'Why didn't I just use a damn shopping cart?'

Craning your neck to see past the heap of paper and plastic, you shuffle along towards the exit. The glass doors slid apart to allow you through.

You and one other person.

"OOF!" Your arms were emptied as they rammed into you. Some of the bags' contents peeled out onto the floor while you regained balance.

"Sh*t!" Two arms shot out to steady you. "Sorry! I... (Y/n)? Sh*t!" Mike Schmidt swore. "I didn't see you." When realising he was still holding your shoulders, he hurried to lower his hands to his sides as casually as he possibly could. "F*ck. Sorry."

You grumbled under your breath and scanned the scattered articles on the floor. You bent down to pick the closest up. "Why in such a hurry, Schmidt? Running away from the police?"

"No. There were no new incidents yet." He joined you on the floor and reached for the closest bag. "I'm late for work." He took a shirt and tossed into the sack, the complete opposite of your delicate folding and depositing. A quick glance at him showed that he was wearing a mechanic's uniform.

"Oh. Well, don't let me hold you up." You wanted to reach out and take the full bag from Mike, but he intervened.

"No no," Picking up the pace, he got up and gathered up the rest. "Let me help you carry all your sh*t." He took your stuff without waiting for you to accept the offer and headed outside.

Shrugging, you followed. Mike took long steps, forcing you to walk a bit faster in order to catch up. He went one way, stopped in his stride, and turned back around to face you. "Where's your car?"

"This way." You gesture for him to follow you (in the opposite direction he was heading previously). He does so, breathing out another curse. Onc reaching your vehicle– which still had a dent in its rear bumper from your first encounter with the man currently helping you– you unlocked it.

Without a word, the blue-eyed man deposited the paper and plastic bags into the trunk. "Thanks again, Mike. You really didn't have to, you know?"

"Was nothing." He smirked, "Guess I just can't stand seeing a fair maiden in peril."

"Oh-ho, maiden am I? Who was the one who paid for your headlight?"

"The same maiden who apparently didn't pay for her own damages, by the looks of that thing." Mike strokes a hand over the dent. "You should bring her to the shop I work at now to get fixed up. I'll send you the location."

"Sounds good," you said with a smile.

"Alright then, see you around..." Mike waved awkwardly as he shuffled away. 

You returned the gesture, "Yeah, definitely..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 663 34
Welcome dear reader, you have reached a terrible demise. JK, welcome to the party! At your new job you meet a group of guys that change your life for...
12.9K 217 18
Besides watching killer animatronics from 12-6, Mike, Jeremy, Scott/Phone Guy, Fritz, and Vincent/Purple Guy have these random moments with each othe...
34K 888 30
It was the beginning of summer in Hurricane! You and your best friend Riley we're gonna hangout on one hot Sunday afternoon but someone slept in.. *c...
10.1K 678 44
Has a lot of Scott x Vincent It's Mike X Vincent cause they're together It's been a month... Since Vincent attempted suicide and almost succeeded...