Last Hope Of Humankind (Highs...

By SYBALA

An Oc named , Levi Hibaru, was training to be 'the hitman', found out that his brother was caught by three su... More

Oc Description
Chapter-1: Introduction
Chapter-2: Purpose Of Life
Chapter-3: A Human?
Chapter-4: Assassination
Chapter-5: War
Chapter 6:- Making A Move
Chapter 7:- Levi VS Koneko
Chapter 8:- Recovery
Chapter 9:- War Awaits
Chapter 10:- Who Is Your Brother?
Chapter 11:- Painful Memory
Chapter 12:- Preparation
Chapter 13:- Great Mistake
Chapter 14:- Impossible Attempt
Chapter 15:- Preparation For The Next Battle
Chapter 16:- Releiving The Past
Chapter 17:- Meeting
Chapter 18:- Unexpected Rival
Chapter 19:- Shocking Outcome
Chapter 20:- Final Shot
Chapter 21:- Hostages
Chapter 22: Rescue
Chapter 23:- Wrong Wishes
Chapter 24: Kidnapped
Chapter 25: There's No Such Thing As God
Chapter 27: Apprehended
Chapter 28: Wounded
Chapter 29: Acceptance
Chapter 30: Everything Went Wrong
Chapter 31: Aftermath
Chapter 32: Discussion
Chapter 33: Resurrection
Chapter 34: Destroying Home

Chapter 26: Hitman

1K 21 9
By SYBALA

.
.
.
.
___________________________________

LOCATION:- SOMEWHERE IN WAREHOUSE

TIME:- NIGHT

3RD POV:-

The scene starts with Levi pouring water on his face. He sighed and looked himself on the mirror. Feeling curious, he looked upon the scar gash next to his left shoulder and touched it

"What is this feeling? Why do I feel like something is missing?"

Reminding himself that he has a metal arm, he opened the cabinet and found a motor oil. He poured a motor oil on his left arm. After greasing his arm, Levi stepped out of the washroom and went over to make some breakfast. Just as he went to the kitchen, he heard the ringing of his phone.

"I hope it's not Mr Smith, or else he would kick my bum."

Levi saw it was Sona who called him. Releiving his expression, he picked up.

"Hello Levi, I heard your plan are now in action."

"Sure is, Sona."

"You know, I didn't expect your plan to start this soon. Should of look my face when I first saw the news."

"Well, what were you expecting me to do?"

"You know, stop this whole mess. I wanted you to stay by my side. Maybe we could be even together, in the line of business of course."

"That sound promising, but I have only one goal and promise. And that is to get my brother back."

"Yes yes, I very well knew that for sure. You are one of the most, what do you say, 'different' man I have ever met."

Levi became silent and face palmed his face.

"Complementing me won't give you laid."

"Fiesty, huh? I like it."

Both Levi and Sona chuckled at each other.

"How's Tsubaki?"

"She's fine. Mostly, all she do is paperwork and being informant. Also, she kept on updating me about the status of Levi Hibaru. Seem like I have a competition."

"So, I want to ask you something."

"Yes, say?"

"Who massacred Vladi Clan?"

After that, Sona went silent. Levi waited patiently as he wanted to know what happened to Vladi Clan and if anyone know the answer, it would be Sona.

"Well from what the history were written, they described a man who had tattooed a transmutation alchemy on his left arm. However, they say it was out of revenge, vengeance or even, lust for blood."

"Thank you."

"No worries. Say, I want to know something."

"Say."

"You have captured Asia, didn't you? What are you going to do about her?"

"I think I just do the exchange deals with Gremory."

"But don't you think it's risky? I mean, even if they do accept it, they have army and you are alone by any means. In circumstances, you are good as dead."

"Well, I doubt that they would be willing to do such irrational stuff."

"Levi, I know Rias more than you. I-"

"Which is why, I have you and I am thankful for what you have done for me. If there's anyone I can trust blindly, it's you."

Levi didn't realized how touching his words were to Sona, who were blushing in process.

"R-right."

"But I still get this feeling. Something like, death. My entire body is shaking because of that. I'm fearing death for the first time which I'm surprised of myself."

"Levi........"

"I just can't afford to die right now, not when my brother is captured. If it mean the end of me in return for the safety of Gasper, then God forbids me that I'll do it again and again."

(Okay before you guys get confused, Levi only called out God's name because he lost his memories and had no knowledge that he killed him. So before he lost his memories, he always used to regard him as a hope for reuniting with his brother.)

"Levi, don't say such things. You will be fine, I know it. How many time have you went through the same situation but still managed to come out alive? You don't have to doubt your strength."

"Hmph, maybe you are right."

"I'm always right."

Sona and Levi chuckled together.

"Listen, I got to go. I want to check on her."

"Understandable, take care."

Before hanging up the phone, Sona quickly said.

"Oh and Levi, be careful. Azazel and his subordinate Kokabiel are after you, along with Sirzech contracts."

The phone hung up much to his confusion.

"Kokabiel? I thought he was locked up. What is he doing with Azazel and Sirzech? So they are finally acting now they got enough of me?"

Levi sighed at the thought of it and simply prepared the breakfast. He then brought another plate with eggs and bacon with him and went down to the basement. There he saw, Asia being held captive and tied up with ropes and blindfold. She heard the footsteps and started shaking while shrieking in fear.

"I hope you excuse my rudeness. I understand you are scared of me. But believe me, I mean no harm to you. Afterall, I heard you were famous around the Europe for your extisque healing power."

Levi put down a plate and went behind Asia, before loosening the knot around her hands. Asia shakenly removed the blindfold and shrieked even more due to close presence of Levi.

"Here, you need it."

Levi gave her a plate of food and also gave her a glass of orange juice. Asia took it and drank slightly. Levi sat down opposite to her and sighed.

"I normally don't do this kind of things. But knowing you well, you are more kind and honest than most of the devils, or should I say, former Saint. How low you had fallen down............"

Asia silently crumbled the food, since she hadn't eaten from night.

"I hope you forgive me, for what I am doing to you. You should know that it's for the best."

Suddenly feeling anger, Asia looked at Levi with pure hatred. This shocked Levi as he once saw himself in her. Asia cried a little bit of tears and gritted her in anger.

"Forgive you? No, I don't think I will."

Levi regained his composure and stared blank at her. Asia failed to stop the tears falling down her eyes.

"What did God do to deserve death? After believing in someone so much, you just took our faith, our last hope away from us. And for what? Over just some petty revenge?"

"Let me tell you this. Being caught up in emotion will only give you blind side of the truth. Why do you think war was still going even after what they stood for? Trust me, God's death was necessary."

"Why? Why would you take someone out, even knowing that He was our last Hope? He must have done the war for good!"

"At first I thought humans are truly weak and pathetic. They would believe in everything and always have a reason to start a war. Religion, class, love-hate relationship, greed, lust etc. Whatever you say would be the cause of war. But after finally realizing the truth of underworld, I see no difference between humans and supernatural beings."

"But....how come a monster like you understand such things? Don't you always do this kind of things just for the money? Don't you do this things for pleasure?"

"It's funny that you're saying this. Didn't you abandon God's wish just for Issei? You went against him and now you are paying for the prices of it. Like I said, I see no differences between us human and supernatural beings."

"Issei is different. He sure is dumb and pervert, but I promise! He's a nice person and always ready to help whenever we ask. That's why I t-trust him."

"Even if the present circumstances changed, I would still be against the devils."

"Why? Why do you despise us?" Asia cried.

"Why? Hmph I have a lot of reasons, let say your Devil King has my brother and she won't even let me see him. She even knew the date of when issei were killed by Fallen Angel. She also conveniently came to everyone in her peerage at their last moment. That's why she always have someone obeying her order no matter how ridiculous or cruel it is. Though this is a smart strategy, I couldn't help but wonder if devils had gone much lower after the war?"

Asia gasped at the words and held her ears before closing her eyes in agony and screamed.

"No way! She won't do that! She would neve-"

"Ignorance is such a bliss. I'll see you tomorrow morning. Get some rest."

Levi stood up and walked out of the basement before locking the door much to the protest from Asia. Levi sighed and took a jacket and went out to take a walk. But before going out, he took his handguns and strapped to his hips. While taking a walk through the street, he found a park bench. Levi then felt something flashed through his head.

He sat on one of the park bench, taking in the deep silence of the night. He then held his head, sighed deeply and looked down. He once regained some of his memories back as he recalled something from Asia.

"How come a monster like you understand such things? Don't you do this things this kind of things just for money? Don't you do this for pleasure?"

____________________________________

FLASHBACK:

"Look at the fine specimen! I promise you this time, of all the failed experiments, this one seem to come out the top and successful!"

Valper laughed as he stood in front of huge glass shape of cylindrical, with a known experiment inside of it. Yes you guess it correct, it's Levi inside the chamber. Levi was regaining his consciousness as he slowly begun to open his eye. But just as he did, his eye widen as he looked at someone who he didn't expect to see. Azazel came foward from the shadow and put a serious face on.

"Are you sure? Because we can't afford a mistake over here. Is he enough to kill him?"

"Take my word for it! This fine soldier will do his duty no matter what it takes. Also, i made some upgrading to his left arm."

Azazel became shocked as he saw the tattoo on his left arm. He then looked at Valper, who smirked crazily.

"Like what you see? Are you lost for words? Or perhaps, you're speechless." Valper chuckled.

"This......this......" Azazel stuttered.

"Yes, you're right. This is transmutation circle, drawn permanently on his left arm. That, my friend, is the power of alchemy! And not just your average alchemy, it's the 2nd alchemy, Destruction!" Valper once again laughed.

"If the transmutation circle is correctly done, then he would be the strongest weapon we might have, maybe even more than me. Notify me when he's ready and I take him to the war immediately. Thank you for your cooperation." Azazel said.

"Oh you're so eager to kill him? No problem, Mister Azazel." Valper showed his wide grin.

________________________________

PRESENT:

"Nghh........"

Levi held his head as he let out his groan of pain.

"Why.......did I see......Azazel in my memories? The fuck did he do to me?"

Levi questions as he still held his head in pain. But the thought process was cut short as he felt his instinct and jumped back multiple time, avoiding the spears thrown at him in multiple direction.

"Of course I knew it wasn't going to be easy, Hero of The Great War."

Levi swept his sweat from his forehead and kneel up, regaining his composure. He then saw a man in formal suit. He have black-colored hair and plum red eye. However though he may look harmless, but Levi can feel his flaming auras radiating and tearing through the atmosphere.

"Hello there, my name is Muzan Kibutsuji. Nice to finally meet you, Levi Vladi. What should I call you, Hero of The Great War or Backstabber of the Vladi Clan?"

Levi kept silent, stood up and stared at him. He tried to see some opening around him, but something was different with him. Levi couldn't find the words to describe how strange he feel as he goes one on one against him.

"I have a feeling that he is different than anyone who I fought with. Damn it, I can feel the pressure tearing me inside."

___________________________________

(A/N):- "Annnnnnd done! Chapter 24 is done. Guys, it has been a good journey and I am so thankful that you guys accompanied me. Let's just say, we are currently at 12.4k views, so I'm thankful of all the supports you guys had given me. Cheers!

Thank you and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 843 21
[COMPLETE] What if you were registered in the 287th Hunter Exam unbeknownst to your knowledge, you possess no skill at all in fighting or surviving s...
616 26 6
In a word infested by immortal beings known as Demons. People coward in fear and lived under their threat for decades, not knowing what or who they...
100K 2.5K 37
you were born in a world of titans and ghouls. a killer you were back then, but after being captured by commander Smith, you became part of the surve...