๐’๐„๐‘๐€๐๐‡๐ˆ๐‚ ๏ผƒ NOZEL SILV...

By vollerie

๐“‚ƒ ไธญ IT WAS YOU ! it has always been you that i longed for . ๐“‚ƒ โดฐ เฃญอ˜ ๏นซvollerie ! all rights reserved... More

FOREWORD. author's note
CHARACTERS. introduction
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
EPILOGUE
โฅ special chapter
โฅ special chapter

03

6.1K 149 19
By vollerie

CHAPTER THREE. FAMILY

I EXITED JULIUS'S OFFICE , as did Nozel as we finished reporting about our squad's mission. I missed my siblings, So I thought I might as well visit them today.

The pile of paperwork I had stacked in my office were already done, so I had nothing to do for a few days. A refreshing nap sounds good for now, I might as well visit them later.

I arrived at the base, entering my spacious office. Decorated with multiple plants that made the room look neater, a few bookshelves placed here and there. I like my workspace organized, so I can focus more.

I walked towards my desk, pulling the cushioned chair. I simply sat on it, before laying my head gently on my arms. Even though my chambers was just one floor away, I still decided to stay in my office since it was much more closer.

A gentle knock was heard on the door, before I can even close my eyes. A tiny irk mark appeared on my forehead, as I furrowed my eyebrows. "State your name and business,"

"It's Ruby, Captain." She mentioned her name, "The new recruit has arrived, I'd just like to inform you."

"Thank you for informing me Ruby, I'll check later. Please inform your squadmates to not disturb me for the next few hours." I instructed exhaustedly, "Yes Ma'am!" Ruby chimed, as I heard her walk away.

"Where's the recruit you were talking about?" I asked them, Someone slowly rose from the couch and raised her hand.

"Im Fiona Gio, The new recruit. Nice meeting you Captain Amira." Fiona politely greeted, bowing her head slightly. "Welcome Fiona, I do hope you'll have a great experience here." I smiled, placing my hands atop each other.

Fiona nodded as well, as Ruby guided her to the rooms. It was already dusk, and I wanted to take a small stroll around the near towns.

I stared at the moon that was high up in the skies, before deciding to return back to the base. 'I hope I'm just in time for dinner,' I thought inwardly, rubbing my nape.

MY BIRTHDAY APPROACHED SOONER , than I thought. They'd throw a party like every year to brag, even though I'm not a child anymore. I'd just like a private one with my friends to celebrate it.

They sent me a letter, that they'd be organizing a grand party for me. 'The Hiroka duchy sure knows where to spend their money at!' I huffed quietly in exasperation.

I'm free to organize it however I like, and invite various people. I decided to invite my co-captains and my squad of course, an click of my tongue left my lips, burning the letter into the lit candle on my desk.

The tall mahogany door then slammed open, as I took a swift glimpse at who it was. Her azure eyes simply stared at me, heaving a sigh.

"Lady Amanda told me to help you with the gown picking," Charlotte said folding her arms across her chest, I slowly raised my head before throwing a small apologetic smile.

"Alright then.." I responded blankly, before going along with the blonde female. It was quite bothersome to do this every year, but they needed it so they can boast their riches and my achievements that they pretend to have helped in.

We were wandering around the noble realm on the search of a dress that would fit me, Some of the people who saw us clasped their hands and big grins latched on their faces upon seeing the renowned 'magic knights'.

I stopped looking when Charlotte reached out to me, "Mira, You should try this out." She suggested putting the dress in my hands, I just nodded and went to the dressing room.

I stared at myself in the mirror, it was a asymmetrical-off shoulder gown that was colored in a gradient way. From the lightest color of purple to a blazing dark one. My ash-brown hair cascaded down to my waist, framing my features splendidly.

I went out the dressing stall and saw Charlotte waiting for me, "You look gorgeous Mira." Charlotte complimented genuinely, fixing the stray strands sticking out on my hair.

She held up an pair of pure-white heels that i assumed will go with the gown. "You look good with your hair down so let's go with that." Charlotte said, I nodded agreeing with her whole-heartedly.

I sat on my bedside, stretching my arms. I was exhausted from shopping all day with Charlotte, it's tiring. I soon dipped into the soft mattress, an groggy yawn leaving my lips as I sleepily blink. 'It's too late for me to eat dinner now, I will just eat tomorrow morning..'

NOTHING NEW HAPPENED, Just another day with my papers greeting me. I stared at my window looking at the sky, My daze was interrupted by a couple of knocks on the door,

"Lady Amira? You have been called to House Hiroka to do preparations to your liking." A butler said stepping into my office, bowing his head.

"Hmm, I'll go there later on. Thanks." I responded, Stretching my arms. 'Guess I cant rest for now.' I thought, The butler then stepped out of my office closing the door.

I walked down the vast corridors of the manor, searching for the ballroom. I opened two tall wooden doors, It was apparently dark inside. I flicked-open the switch and the lights opened at once. Various butlers soon entered and decided to assist me.

"The clothing attire should be formal wear, and I suggest the color theme would be purple. As long as it looks neat anything would be fine." I instructed, glancing around the ballroom.

"Also, If your gonna put decorations i suggest nature like decorations. Like plants or hanging vines?" I suggested, as they swiftly nodded. I discussed more of the things i want, Mostly the food choices.

Once finished i went out the ball room and went to my younger siblings shared room, I knocked softly on the door and took a swift peak inside.

"Missed me?" I greeted them while stepping in, they raised their heads up to see who is it. Upon seeing me both of them dashed towards me engulfing me in a tight warm hug.

"Mira-onee! You should've told us you would visit!" Addison said hugging me tighter, I lightly chuckled at them and stared in awe. "Hm, I had to go here for some preparations." I giggled, ruffling their hairs. The two of them let go of me slowly. "How is your time here? Do you have fun training?" I asked, awaiting their answers.

"Mira-nee! I developed my shadow magic! We should spar some time!" Kai happily said clasping both of his hands. "I also got a new spell on my grimoire!" Addison said, cheery smiles plastered on their faces.

"That's great! I am so proud of you both!" During our conversation, the butler interrupted because it was time for dinner. We decided to continue our conversations in the dining halls so we did. After dinner, they greeted me goodnight as it was time for their slumber.

I walked upstairs to check on of the old, neatly kept rooms on the end of the corridor. No one slept in there, knowing it was reserved for the now first lady of the Hiroka Duchy after I stepped down as heiress to pursue my dream of being an magic knight.

It was a shame that she ran away after learning of our father's infidelity after our mother's death, an bittersweet smile crept upon my lips as I settled sitting on the bedside. Every passing day, a part of me wonders if she is doing good, was she being fed well or healthy? "Oh, Kendra.. I want to spend our birthday together once more." I whisper softly, smoothing the folds on the blanket before standing up to leave.  It was safe to say I didn't sleep well that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 518 11
Y/N was a outcast, but there was one who loved her for her. Until he went missing and reunited to find he loves another. (Read in a females perspecti...
133K 3.5K 80
7 Dates ~ 1 Happy Ending ๐Ÿ”ž chapters marked & optional ๐Ÿ”ž "๐’€๐’‚๐’Ž๐’Š! ๐‘ซ๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’—๐’†! ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’–! ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’”! ๐‘ฐ ๐’๐’†๐’†๐’… ๐’•๏ฟฝ...
656K 20.3K 72
A girl with strange looks and unknown background is found in front of a church. Growing up with two of her best friends she lives her dream of being...
7.1K 183 9
literary everyone has the hots for Yume Hoshi (future update) I gave up on this! Read if you wanna get ended up on a cliffhanger