From Video Games to Real Life...

By ContraCat

She never expected to be placed in the video game that she plays almost on the daily, Apex Legends. Not only... More

Skyfall
New Blood
Insomniac
Hope
Carry On
Center of Attention

Training

24 0 0
By ContraCat

Last night Elliot and I ended up just talking about random topics that came to mind (but nothing personal really came out of it) before Ajay came by and told him that it was time for him to go. When he heard those words I couldn't help but to pick up on the brief look of sadness in his eyes before it was quickly replaced with his normal attitude everyone knows him for. It was safe to say that I saw myself and Elliot becoming quick friends.

I was awoken by the alarm going off, letting me know that it was time for me to get ready for the day ahead of me. Grumbling to myself (I wasn't a morning person and for me to be getting before the sun rises was unheard of back in my home world), I pushed the covers away from my body and turned off the annoying device. Without doing anything to my hair, I headed into the kitchen where I smelt something that Ajay was cooking up for our early breakfast.

"I hope yuh ready for today Caroline!"

"I'd be lying to you if I said that I was." I yawned and rubbed any remaining sleep from my eyes as I leaned against the island bar. "Is this a normal time for you guys to train? Before the sun comes up?"

Ajay laughed at me before answering. "Yup! Better get used to it!" She started to plate our food. "Here yuh go Caroline, eat up and then get ready. A training outfit was dropped for yuh not too long ago." I could only nod because once again, I am not a morning person by any means.

After roughly 15 minutes of eating the delicious breakfast that Ajay has made, I waked back towards my room where the new training outfit was hanging on the frame. I looked at the whole outfit with a confused stare. This is some training outfit... and those shoes look like they will be impossible to move in... The outfit consisted of a charcoal grey body suit, black leggings, thigh high boots with a weird golden tip, a purple and blue colored shawl with sleeves that went around two of my fingers to hold it in place, three chains on the shawl, all golden and two of them having a crescent moon on them, and just the whole color scheme matched well together. This damn near looks like a Legend kind of suit... I shrugged to myself after the thought crossed my mind and closed the door so I can get changed.

Another fifteen minutes have passed and I finally had the suit on. There was a lot of struggling but I eventually got it and when the suit was on my body and hugging my small frame perfectly, I felt this surge of energy run through me though I couldn't explain why. Before leaving my room I looked into the mirror and looked at my hair, debating if I wanted to put it up but decided against it (which may or may not be in my favor considering I was training today). "Ajay? I'm ready to go!" I called out once I walked back into the living room, looking down at my so called training suit and making sure it looked fine.

"I was about to come grab yuh myself! Would you look at that! That suit fits yuh so well." Ajay said as she looked me up and down, taking in the full look. "Okay, we better get going, we don't want to keep Anita waiting!" I had to agree with her there seeing as how I sometimes find her intimidating.

The two of us walked out of Ajay's apartment and made our way outside where our transportation was waiting on us. We both hopped in and began our journey to where I was assuming, the firing range.

Roughly half an hour later we finally arrived and I silently followed behind Ajay. Today would be the first time that I will be seeing all the Legends right in front of me (aside from Ajay and Elliot of course). To say that I was nervous was a major understatement. Not only would I be seeing them all but I would be training with them all individually. I knew that by the end of the day I was going to be hurting and physically exhausted.

"Nice of you to finally join us Rookie." I turned around and faced Anita with a sheepish smile, the feeling of intimidation setting in with the nerves that I already had. "Huh, that suit fits you well. Anyway, I hope you're ready for today because we are not going to go easy on you."

To fill myself with fake confidence I gave her a confident smile. "I wouldn't have it any other way Bangalore." I looked around at the other Legends who were standing by, waiting for the training to begin but when my gaze landed on Elliot, he sent me a genuine smile along with a wave, to which I nodded to him and gave him my own small smile. "So, when do we get started?"

Before I could register the smirk that appeared on her face and the word, "now!" She swung her arm out towards me and in the blink of an eye, I effortlessly dodged her attack. How the fuck did I just do that? I looked up to Bangalore and saw that she was even impressed but that didn't stop her from sending attack after attack towards me. Each attack she threw I either dodged effortlessly or countered with ease. All the while I was being amazed with the amount of ease this was for me so far, I began studying her movements and her style.

Our hand to hand combat went on for what I'm guessing was thirty minutes. By the end of it we were both trying to catch our breath. I somehow miraculously landed several hits on Bangalore and she of course landed some on me but she was impressed so far. "Alright, not bad Rookie. Have you ever trained for anything before?"

"Uh, no. Back in my home world I was a rather lazy person and not in the best shape either."

"Could have fooled me." She looked to the other Legends who all (from what I could tell) had am impressed look on their faces. "Alright, who wants to step up next?" The two of us looked down the line of Legends, waiting for someone to step up.

The person to walk up took me by surprise. It was Wraith. Oh how she's going to be tricky to go against considering she has the voices that gives her warnings, her ability to phase, and her ability to go into the void. "This is going to be interesting..."

Walking up to meet Wraith, I gave her a nod of respect and then begun our sparring. Much like my sparring with Bangalore, I was able to counter her attacks, land some of my own, and block some of hers. Though it was a little harder with her. She landed more hits on me than I did her but I wouldn't let that discourage me. Just before I was about to land a punch on her she phased and I had to stop myself mid swing to catch myself. Her phasing only lasts for so long... she might try to get you from behind. I listened to my thoughts and intuition and just as she came back from phasing, I quickly turned around, grabbed her by her outstretched arm and flipped her onto her back with a loud thud. Wraith had a look of surprise on her face and Bangalore called it.

Offering a hand to Wraith to pull her back up onto her feet. She gave me a nod of approval before walking back to the other Legends.

That's how rest of training went with each Legend. Thirty minutes of sparring with them all, learning their different hand to hand combat styles, learning hands on with their abilities, and so much more. All of which seemed to come so naturally to me. Even when it came to Revenant (who when he stepped up Bangalore said "don't kill her, got it Revenant?"). Everyone was rather impressed with what I was able to do.

"Okay, seeing as how you have a handle on hand to hand combat, it's time to see how you do with the guns. Have you ever shot a gun before Rookie?"

"Once. I shot a pistol, a shotgun, and I believe two hunting rifles but that was so long ago."

"Okay good. Well let's see how you do against the training dummies, which will be moving. Shield up and get whatever you need and pick two weapons to start with." I nodded and did as told. First I picked up the gold helmet, the followed by the Evo shield, gold backpack, a few grenades, several syringes, one med kit, several shield cells and two batteries, along with a Phoenix kit. Then I looked over my options in guns, knowing that I would be working with all of them. I went for the ones that always seemed to work for me when I was playing the video game, a prowler with the select fire and all attachments, along with the R301, all attachments on the gun as well as ammo for both.

When the queue was given, the dummies came to life and wasted no time on advancing towards me while the other legends backed up even more to avoid being hit with any bullets. Several of the dummies had their guns aimed on me and without a second thought, I threw my tactical grenade at their feet. With the dummies distracted for the moment, I took that as my chance to run off and find some cover, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

I took a moment behind the cover to collect my thoughts. All the pressure was on because of everyone watching and waiting to see how I would do for this portion of training. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I popped out of my cover and took the R301 and started shooting at the dummies, easily breaking one of their shields before quickly switching to my prowler to finish off the job.

Before I could even plan out or even think of my next move, I felt several sharp pains rip through my armor and the bullets quickly finding their home in my body. "SON OF A BITCH!!"

{{Elliots POV}}

"SON OF A BITCH!!" I heard Caroline scream out as a few of the dummies shot her. Without even thinking I felt my body lurch forward to help her, my heart racing at the thought of her being hurt but before I could make any real movements toward her, Bangalore's arm reached across my chest and stopped me from moving.

"Don't even think about it Witt, she's got to do this on her own."

For a brief moment I thought about what she said but then I thought more on the fact that I still haven't seen any movement from where she hid while the dummies were quickly making their way to her. "Listen Bangs, I respect you and all but I'm helping her." Considering I already had on my typical outfit, I quickly grabbed my own armor, guns, ammo, and throwables, just as precautionary measure before I quickly ran out there. She must be getting exhausted, she's been training for hours now.

Just as I was getting closer to where she was, one of the dummies were closing in on her. "Oh no you don't!" Instantly I sent out a Decoy to distract the dummy, which happened to work once that dummy started shooting towards the general direction that I sent my decoy. "Heh, bamboozled!"

Right after that moment I ran and slid into the hiding spot where Caroline was. I was worried about her. "Caroline? You doing okay?" Upon actually seeing her I took in notice that her normally tanned skin was turning pale, sweat building up on her forehead, and her eyes drooping closed. "Whoa whoa! No, no, no! Caroline, cutie, stay with me!" I peaked around our hiding spot and shot at a few dummies that were gaining on us, easily resetting them.

"E...Elliot?" Her strained voice brought me back and when I looked at her, she was struggling to look up at me, it was only then that I noticed that she was bleeding heavily. Her body hasn't adjusted to this world yet... Calm down Witt, you got this.

"Hey, yeah it's me and I need you to listen to me okay? Can you do that?" I saw her nod her head slightly. "Okay good. I'm going to get some of your syringes out okay and you need to heal yourself up, the dummies will just keep coming alright." She nodded once again as I put my gun to the side to reach into her backpack to grab the syringes she needed. Once she had the syringes, I quickly turned back around and shot at the dummies again, quickly taking notice of the other legends watching and waiting to see what would happen.

Several moments pass and I feel a rap on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Caroline crouching next to me, looking slightly better off than she did when I first saw her. Without any words being exchanged, she lifted her R301 and started shooting at the dummies with me and after we got all the dummies to reset again, we both stood up and started running back over to the other legends, with myself ahead of her.

"Eat this bitches!" I turn my head for a second and saw her throw out her tactical grenade, which sucked up the enemies for a few seconds and then slowing their movement. "Oh and enjoy this too!" She wasted no time in throwing down her ultimate, which I'm sure she wasn't aware that she did it naturally. Once the smoke bomb went off, a bombardment of energy (that looked like actual stars) went off left and right, all around the dummies, further damaging them and slowing their movement even more.

"Good move Caroline!" I looked back and smiled at her, waiting for her now than running back to the others.

For a moment a smile was on her face before it quickly changed to a look of fear. "Elliot!" Before I could register anything else, she quickly sprinted forward, throwing herself in front me and taking all the bullets from the dummies, but they didn't stop there, they kept going until she had literally nothing. Before her body could fall and hit the ground, I caught her in my arms.

"Dammit Bangs!! Shut them off already!" Once again my heart was racing upon seeing her lifeless figure in my arms. She took all those bullets to protect me... "Che!! Get over here and have DOC ready!" Bangalore turned off the dummies and Ajay came running over to us, DOC at the ready. Caroline's armor was once again broken and there were multiple holes left in her body because of all the bullets that tore through her.

Ajay wasted no time in hooking up DOC to Caroline, all the while she was looking at me. "I'll tell yuh what Witt... this girl may have just met yuh officially, but I can already tell she cares about yuh and yuh care about her. I can see it in yuh eyes and the way you stayed for so long last night. Protect this girl, yuh both need each other, now let's get her back but yuh need to carry her."

I heard every word that Ajay said and nodded my head, easily lifting Caroline up and carrying her to the other legends, DOC still connected to her.

Picture of her outfit which will be her Legend outfit!

Who do you think she would make a great trio with? ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 117 25
Although having a traumatizing past, Bianca still manages to become what she always wanted to be. An Apex Legend. Even though she goes through hell a...
50.2K 981 42
This is a story about the reader who is also a legend in the Apex Games. Bloodhound the mysterious legend invites a select few to join them on a hun...
2.8K 70 15
(THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT OF PILOTS ONLY OPTION, FOR THE FINISHED BOOK PLEASE GO READ PILOTS ONLY OPTION!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT) The start of th...
7.8K 326 22
Y/N, a vampire assassin for the Syndicate is sent after Crypto as they suspect he is the man they've been after for years. Her mission is to get clos...