Faded Memories

By flaweless_belieber

They used to be best friends but after 13 yrs will he remember the girl he used to know now that she's compl... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter One

336 5 0
By flaweless_belieber

Six Years Ago

~Jason's Story~

His name is Jason Damien McCann, he was born to Lily Stevens and Kirk McCann. He has brown hair and blue eyes, and a million dollar smile.

Lily and Kirk met in college, she was studying fashion while Kirk was studying accounting. They had always wanted kids but never had the time until their five year anniversary when they were sent by friends to Turks and Caicos for a weekend off, a few weeks after they returned, Lily found out she was pregnant with their first and only child Jason. The young couple was over the moon and cut down their schedules to make time for their sweet little boy. He never wanted or needed for anything, he had it all.

His parents saved for their son to make sure he had a bright future planned, they had it all set. He'd graduate from school and go on to law school to become a criminal lawyer but they also knew their son loved photography so they'd let him minor in that so if he ever gets tired of being a lawyer, he'd have something to fall back on.

Jason grew up sheltered from the world with a steady schedule, nannies and after school activities but all too soon things would take a turn and poor Jason would have to face the world alone.

One night turned his perfect world full of happiness and color upside down making it grey and cold and the sweet innocent little boy would turn into a disruptive, evil shell of himself with no respect for authority or humanity.

It was a warm yet dreary night in Charlotte, North Carolina and the McCann family was driving home from church. It was raining and the roads were wet, the family of three were happy as can be. Kirk was driving, Lily was in the front seat rubbing her four month belly as Jason shared his day at school.

"So then Derek told Ms. Carlson that he really had to pee and she wouldn't let him get out of line and he peed his pants" Six year old Jason giggled

"Oh, that poor boy" Lily cooed

"Wait it get better" He choked out

"Then tell it son" Kirk chuckled

"So, he didn't tell anyone he peed and then this pretty girl Jocelyn slipped in it and fell" He burst out laughing

"Oh my gosh" Lily gasped trying not to laugh

Kirk laughed at his son's story.

"What goes on at that school Jason? You always have stories to tell" Kirk asked with a chuckle

"It just happens dad" He sighed with a shrug

Lily shook her head but the laughter soon stopped when Lily noticed something off

"Kirk do you see that car?"

Kirk focused where his wife's eyes were and saw a car in the distance driving on the opposite side of the road but it was slightly swerving.

"Kirk I don't like that" Lily said starting to panic

"It'll be okay babe I'll drive a little faster to pass them"

"No Kirk stop he or she doesn't have control of the car!" She shouted

A confused Jason tried to see what his parents were seeing but he couldn't

"Honey I can't just stop" Kirk said now panicked

The swerving got more out of control scaring both Lily and Kirk as the car began swerving in and out of both lanes.

"Kirk just try to pass him hun" Lily said trying to stay calm

"Okay"

Kirk sped up a bit and just as he was about to pass the unstable car

CRASH!

The car smashes into Kirk's side of the vehicle making him lose control

"KIRK!" Lily screams grabbing a tight hold on her stomach

"MOMMY!" Jason screams

"Jason honey it's okay" Lily says trying to calm her son

Kirk continues to try and get control of the car but fails when they swerve into the left lane the car stalls causing another car to smash into the driver's side instantly killing Kirk and sending Lily flying forward hitting her head off the dashboard

"MOMMY! DADDY!" Jason screams as the car spins out of control and flips over

The car finally stops and all that can be heard is silence and cries from Jason. Fire and rescue were on the scene with in minutes to find six-year-old Jason screaming and crying for his mommy and daddy.

"Mommy" Jason cries as he crawls to the front seat "Mommy wake up" He shakes her

Jason didn't understand that he had just lost his mother and father. To him they were sleeping but he didn't know he'd never see them again.

The rescue team pulled all three from the car pronouncing Lily and Kirk at the scene and rushing an injured Jason to the hospital. Friends and family of Lily and Kirk McCann were devastated watching the news.

Jason woke in the hospital scared and alone.

"Mommy? Daddy?" He called out. A nurse entered Jason's room to check on him

"Hi Jason, how do you feel?"

"I want my mommy" He whimpered scared

The nurse looked uneasy as Jason's aunt Jamie (his father's sister) entered the room with the doctor

"Auntie" He cried

"Oh baby" She rushed over to him hugging him tightly

"Where's daddy?" He whimpered looking at his aunt with watery eyes

"Jason honey mommy and daddy are with the angels now like grandma" She choked out

"What?" He asked confused

"They died sweetie" She sighed

Jason gasped tears running down his face

"No" He whimpered

"I'm sorry honey"

"That's not fair" He cried

Jamie could do nothing but cry for her distraught nephew

"I'm sorry Jason"

"But THAT'S NOT FAIR!" He shouted "DADDY WAS SAFE!"

"Jason honey please calm down" Jamie tried to calm her nephew

"NO GET AWAY!" He screamed kicking his legs which wasn't a good idea since one was broken!

✨✨✨✨

After spending a week in the hospital Jason was placed in the care of his Aunt Jamie but Jason wasn't ready to accept his parents death, he became irate at the smallest things and after a month and half Jamie couldn't take it anymore. She didn't want to abandon her nephew but she knew she couldn't help him anymore, so social services took Jason into custody since none of Lily and Kirk's other family were willing to take the now orphaned six-year-old. He was put into many foster homes over the next year but he didn't last long in them since Jason's whole personality had changed over the course of a year.

Jason became disruptive, destructive, and mad. He hated the fact that his parents were gone, he hated that no one wanted him anymore, he was alone.

✨✨✨✨

Age seven changed Jason's life, once he ran away from his last foster home, social services made the decision to put Jason in a different environment and sent him to Central Children's Home North Carolina. An orphanage unlike any other.

Here the children are well fed and well dressed, they play and learn like normal kids should and Jason liked that but the kids thought he was weird since he was new but for Jason that was okay because he didn't want friends anyway.

He never expected this place to become his home and the place he'd find the utmost happiness or the love of his life!

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Updates every Thursday...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 428 43
❝desperation is one hell of an emotion.❞ __________ lowercase intended published: 1/12/18 completed: 9/8/18 all rights reserved by unrulysouls 2018 ©...
194 10 14
Jariana fanfic Princess Ariana is destined to marry Prince Charlie But does she actually love him? Or does her heart belong to the peasant Justin B...
37.3K 1.1K 21
a story in which a girl falls in love with her best friend. [all rights reserved Β© ashleymeloo] [completed]
87.9K 2.7K 38
Will she give him her heart or will she block it out, pretend its not there and leave him in the shadows. Hidden, unseen, all the pain he feels. (Jus...