𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 π–•π–†π–—π–†π–‰π–Žπ–˜π–Š, 𝐝...

By sylverwxngs

π–π–†π–—π–—π–ž π–•π–”π–™π–™π–Šπ–— ❛ you are the bane of my existence and the object of all my desires. ... More

𝟎𝟎𝟏. WARM WELCOME
𝟎𝟎𝟐. RUMORS, RUMORS
πŸŽπŸŽπŸ‘. MAGICAL MISHAP
πŸŽπŸŽπŸ’. POTIONS
πŸŽπŸŽπŸ“. QUIDDITCH
πŸŽπŸŽπŸ”. TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL

𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 π–•π–†π–—π–†π–‰π–Žπ–˜π–Š

335 12 22
By sylverwxngs

✧∘°⋆∘⋆✶∘·:*:·∘✶⋆∘⋆°∘✧

───── ⊱❀⊰ ─────

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄
draco malfoy

───── ⊱❀⊰ ─────

𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐀𝐙 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄 had only ever known darkness. Death followed her like a shadow, constantly reminding her what should happen should she get too close to those in her life. On the eve of her birth, Topaz's parents lost their lives to the bloody, grueling war that gripped the wizarding world.

Thrust into a muggle adoption agency, Topaz grew up blissfully unaware of who she was or what she was capable of. She was given the surname Griffin and believed herself to be an ordinary girl, albeit with a strange life.

From the age Topaz learned how to walk, strange things started happening around her. When she found out she was going to have a younger sister, a girl born to her adoptive parents, she cried so hard that every light in the house shattered.

When one of her bullies tugged one of her braids so hard that he ripped it out of her head, she screamed at him until every bone in his body turned to rubber.

Scared of the strange things that Topaz believed she was capable of, she begged and pleaded to be homeschooled, until two strangely dressed figures appeared at the Griffin's doorstep during the witching hour on the eve of Topaz's eleventh birthday.

They claimed she was a powerful witch and that should she accept, she was invited to study witchcraft and wizardry at Hogwarts, a magical school for other children like Topaz. The Griffins didn't want to believe it at first. Witches? Wizards? It was simply unbelievable...right?

Even as Topaz and her parents made all of the arrangements to send their daughter to the mythical school, they couldn't quite wrap their heads around the idea. It wasn't until Topaz found herself sitting on a stool in front of thousands of other students with a talking hat on her head that she finally believed.

Slytherin was to be her new house, and though she was initially elated, reality quickly set in. House Slytherin was the darkest, meanest house in Hogwarts. The students within were cruel and bigoted and loved to make the lives of those without old-world wizarding blood in their veins feel bad.

Especially Draco Malfoy, the self-proclaimed Prince of Slytherin. Topaz thought he was a brainless git with way too many daddy issues, and when the two got into a nasty spat the evening of their first night at Hogwarts, things almost got physical.

After that encounter, though, Draco never said another word to Topaz. He ignored her like she simply didn't exist, and at first, it hurt. It hurt whenever Topaz's friends abandoned her for the sake of being in Draco's good graces. It hurt when they talked over her and shoved past her as if she truly didn't exist.

By her third year, it didn't hurt anymore. In fact, it was a relief to be ignored by the purebloods of Slytherin. It gave her the chance to finally meet some friends and get to know the good side of her house, the side that was tolerant and welcoming. Topaz relished in the fact that Draco Malfoy ignored her.

Until one day, he didn't.

Suddenly, Topaz was the only object of Draco's attention. Morning, noon, and night, Draco tried to make her life a living hell, but Topaz had a thick skin. She ignored him as often as possible, but it seemed that at every corner she turned, there he was.

At first, Draco's constant presence was annoying and exhausting, but pretty soon, Topaz got used to having the Malfoy boy hovering over her shoulder at all times. As the years progressed and the two grew older, the hatred between them blossomed into a competition to see who was the better witch or wizard, to see who was smarter, to see who was the better Quidditch player.

Topaz saw Draco for what he really was: a scared little boy with far too much pressure on his shoulders. She pitied him, she frowned upon him. He did not bother her because she knew that his behavior was nothing more than an attempt to overcompensate for the pit of emptiness that was his heart. Draco, infuriated by Topaz's resilience and determination, tried everything to get beneath her steely skin, but as they grew older, he began to crave her presence not because he wanted to hurt her, but because she was the only person he could truly be himself around, the only person who believes he can be more than what his father wants of him.

When another war starts to loom on the horizon and the secrets of Topaz's past are revealed, Draco and Topaz find solace in one another, in the comfort of having a friend with a past as dark as theirs. Together, they must face the legacies of their past and decide which side in this war they will pick and what will happen should they find themselves on opposite sides.

But in the meantime, they share a dark little paradise together between the bookshelves of the libraries and in the comfort of each other's presence. Together, they might just survive this new war.

⬐ 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙 ⬎

𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐳 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞
𝖑𝖆𝖉𝖞 𝖘𝖑𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖓
kiana madeira

𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖑𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖓
tom felton

𝙛𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜...

𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
jenny boyd

𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖚𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖘
kaylee bryant

𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖋𝖊𝖗
benjamin wadsworth

𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖊𝖕
sadie sink

𝖆𝖓𝖉...

𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐢𝐬       as described
𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞       as described
𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞      as described
𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞     as described

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬

don't pretend as if you care about me. nobody cares about me

that's because you don't give anyone a chance to care!

𝐀.𝐍.

Welcome! It's been years since I posted this story, but for whatever reason, I've been super inspired to write for it lately :) Updates won't be super frequent because this fic isn't a priority of mine, it's more of a fun backburner project. I am excited about all of the changes tho. The quote in the description of this story is inspired by Athony's quote from Bridgerton season 2. I don't take credit for it!

BTW, I know there's some drama in the HP community about Draco/Snape/JKR and some other hot topics, but I address all of those concerns in the next chapter. It is kind of a long rant, so if you're not interested, go ahead and skip the 'disclaimers' chapter.

𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

G0RDIE  savsnothere  Phxntom-Spider

Thank you guys for being awesome friends and awesome writers!! I appreciate everything you do!

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒

this book will contain themes including abuse, mental illness, genocide, bullying, slight sexual content, racism, violence, and more! any and all graphics used are mine unless otherwise specified! © 𝐬𝐲𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐱𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑✧⋆✬⋆ ✧ this book belongs to me, as does the layout, the graphics, the stories, and the characters! don't republish anything within this book without permission!

✧∘°⁑⋆∘◦⋆✶∘·:*:·∘✶⋆◦∘⋆⁑°∘✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 94.5K 99
Draco Malfoy fic in a Hogwarts universe where Voldy doesn't exist and everyone is alive and well. ✩ π™’π™Šπ™‰π˜Ώπ™€π™π™’π˜Όπ™‡π™‡: Somebody who is the reason...
6.9K 235 19
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Sequel to Don't Ever Forget. After the imprisonment of the delusional pureblood supremacist, and former...
1.2M 30.7K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...
5 0 4
In the aftermath of a war that shook the wizarding world, Hermione Granger emerges, battle-worn and seeking solace within the new, Wizarding World. F...