DESTINED - LORENZO DE MEDICI

By theweepingmonk1212

In which, Lorenzo decides to married for love. Disobeying his mother orders to married Clarice de' Orsini. He... More

INTRODUCTION
D E S T I N E D
EDITS
CAST
SOUNDTRACK
EPIGRAPH
ACT ONE - YOUNG LOVE
BOOK TWO IN THE SERIES
BOOK THREE IN THE SERIES
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER FOUR

2.2K 75 11
By theweepingmonk1212

They sat there together holding hands. Lorenzo had specifically made a chamber room built for both of them. She sat there on bed trying to think. It's been a week, her belly started to get bigger. It's been decided that Lorenzo and Giuliano will travel to Milan, to make sure her father Galeazzo Sforza, still keeps his promise.

"I'm sure, he will." She replied, softly. Lorenzo turned to look at her, with a short smile. "We don't know for sure, Roslin. I need to make sure he keeps his promise. I must be sure," he replied. She sighed, rubbing her belly slowly, Lorenzo took notice and began to walk towards her, he sat by her. "How is the child?"

Roslin smiled at him. "It's strong, I feel like it's a boy." Lorenzo smiled upon her. "Nothing seems like that. What shall we name our little boy?" She asked, running her belly. Lorenzo smiled sitting beside her, he wanted a boy, wanted to name him Piero de Medici.

"He'll be named Cosimo de Medici." Roslin spoke quickly. Lorenzo looked at her shocked. "Our boy will be named after my grandfather?" Roslin nodded. "To pay tribute to the Medici household." Roslin smiled gently rubbing her belly leaving Lorenzo shocked.

"What if it's a girl?" He asked. Roslin smiled continually to rub her belly. "If it's a girl, Lucrezia." She smiled. "No matter what, it's a little child that we made." Lorenzo smiled at her, holding her close. Roslin is his life, he loved her.

○ ○ ○

After the new few days, after Lorenzo and Giuliano had arrived from Milan. She had spent her day alongside Lucrezia. Lorenzo barged in the room, smiling upon seeing her he rushed towards her placing a kiss on her forehead. She smiled feeling his warmth. "Mother, has Giovanni arrived?" Lorenzo asked, placing his arms around Roslin's waist.

"He's expected. Is it true,you've extended the Duke's credit?" Roslin widened her eyes stepping away from Lorenzo. "Why did you do that? My father wouldn't agree."

"Yes. He would. In exchange for more trade routes, yes." Lorenzo replied. Roslin couldn't believe it. "We need that debt repaid, son. The Pope won't wait forever."

"We will repay the Pope, mother as soon as the Priori has agreed to the new treaty."

"As you know, many in the Priori didn't want the treaty in the first place, and Jacopo Pazzi will be looking for ways to oppose you." Lucrezia warned him. Roslin couldn't bear to look at Lorenzo

"Yes, mother. I know." Lorenzo walked over to Roslin taking her hand kissing it, twice. "Forgive me, my love. I'll promise you, I'll tell you everything that happens, I didn't want you to know like this," he kissed her palms again looking up at her green eyes. Roslin just let out a sign agreeing. She is carrying his firstborn son. Lorenzo smiled leaning forward to kiss her on the lips, she stood still emotionless as he peck her lips. Suddenly Lorenzo turned to the side seeing Sandro passing by.

"Sandro... I was thinking. You should have your own workshop."

"No, I couldn't possibly afford it." Sandro replied.

"Well, you don't have to." Lorenzo smiled standing up making his way towards Sandro.

"You're not serious?" Sandro replied

"Find somewhere. I'll pay." Lorenzo spoke softly. Roslin stood up making her way towards Lorenzo. "With what?"

"Lorenzo..." Lucrezia asked.

"If there's anything I can ever do to repay you---" Sandro trailed off. "Actually, you can. I need you to undertake a commission for Marco Vespucci. I have to be sure of his support in the Priori." Lorenzo flickered his eyes between everyone.

"I'll do it." Roslin couldn't believe he was acting like this. What is he planning? She sighed walking away leaving in her thoughts.

○ ○ ○

Roslin stood outside alongside Bianca and Lucrezia waiting for the arrival of Giovanni and his now wife, Clarice de Medici. A large carriage can be seen approaching. Roslin couldn't wait to see Giovanni again. When the carriage, Giovanni stepped out wearing golden armor, his hair had been messier. He smiled widely, he looked amused. He then turned around holding his hand out for someone.

A young woman took his gesture. A young woman with the skin of melody, with shined out sunset. A true Roman woman. She smiled widely, as she grabbed Giovanni's hand who started to pull her towards them. It sounded immature how they were acting. Roslin cleared her throat.

"Giovanni, my boy." Lucrezia exclaimed, throwing herself to Giovanni leaving Clarice in open view.

"I trust you had a pleasant journey." Roslin spoke up, showing a smile. She turned to look at her, showing a smile. Giovanni then smiled, taking Clarice's hand and pulling her closer to him. "Mother, remember Clarice?"

Roslin smiled standing beside Bianca as they tried to greet Giovanni's newly wedded wife.

"Good to see you, dear. This is my daughter, Bianca." Lucrezia smiled trying to show compassion.

"A pleasure." Suddenly Giovanni walked over to Roslin. "This is Roslin, my good friend. Lorenzo wife." Once they met eyes, she plastered a smile, quickly turned into a frown. Roslin could tell there was some tension there.

"The pleasure is mine." Roslin spoke, calmly. She watched as Clarice looked up and down at her noticing her baby bump. Roslin bit her lip trying to show some compassion.

○ ○ ○

She waited in Lorenzo's room trying to speak to him. They were getting ready for the wedding feast much later they were having to give the people a feast to celebrate. She needed to speak to Lorenzo soon.

The door burst open revealing Lorenzo. "What are you doing here?" He asked her to walk over. Roslin immediately jumped in his embrace hugging him. "I'm so sorry for how I was acting earlier." Lorenzo immediately began to wrap his arms around her. He then leaned back pressing a kiss on his forehead.

"You're my everything. The mother of my child. I should be the one saying I'm sorry. My beloved, Roslin. Forgive me?" Roslin smiled, placing her head on his shoulders. "Forgive me, Lorenzo. I'm no idea what's gone for me."

Lorenzo leaned back. "What's wrong?" He brushes a piece of red hair behind her ear, as she whimpers. "I'm afraid, Lorenzo. I fear something is coming." Lorenzo gently pressed a kiss on her lips, slowly. He leaned back.

"I'll protect you, I'll always will." She smiled leaning forward to kiss him on his lips, once more. They continued to do so till they were interrupted.

"Lorenzo?" They both leaned back gasping away.

"Giovanni?" Lorenzo asked.

"Luca Soderini, is looking for you, he asked for me to bring you to him." Lorenzo turned to Roslin showing a smile then proceeded to walk out of the rooms alongside Giovanni. She sighed quickly fixing herself preparing to get herself ready for her wedding feast.

○ ○ ○

The wedding feast was granted. Lorenzo had left her in alone greeting the guests. Ever since the arrival of Giovanni and Clarice, things have been haywire in the Medici household. She stood on the side trying to show a smile at the guests. She turned everywhere trying to look around. When a woman approached her, she was short but certainly a beautiful woman, for her age.

"Madonna?" When she got a closer look, she knew who she was talking to. "Lucrezia Donati Ardinghelli." Roslin calmly said her name. She remembers her clearly. She will heard Lorenzo make plans to visit her about politics. He'll claim, it's for political reasons. She never understood why in the night.

"You're finally a Medici. I'm sure your father should be in joy." Roslin pursed her lips, sighing. "My father doesn't care for anyone but himself." She replied.

"That's not true. You must always be on the winning side, Roslin. Always remember that."
She watched as she walked away, leaving her dazed in her thoughts. A strong pair of arms went around her waist from her back.

"You looked beautiful." She turned around to see Lorenzo smiling upon her. "Lorenzo, you seem drunk." She could smell the longer taste of wine.

They were interrupted by the sound of chanting. "Lorenzo de' Medici! My boy! I'm so happy for you." He greeted him. He then turned to her. "The lovely Roslin. Congrats. What a wonderful couple you'll be."

"Stefano, all the way from Volterra! Messer Maffei. I'm so glad you could come." Lorenzo responded putting his hand around Roslin was it, keeping her close to him.

"Eh, you know my son, Antonio?" Stefano asked, curiously.

"A toast! Come, come! Long life to the Medici." They all hurried to the other side leaving her to quickly leave the group, as they seemed drunk. Roslin made her way towards other guests when she found Giuliano on the side speaking to a beautiful woman, who quickly began to walk away. She walked towards him, standing next to him.

"Giuliano rejected again." She replied, showing a smile. Giuliano laughed it out. "I wasn't rejected." Silence fills in after. "She's a lovely girl but you must know she is to be married."

Giuliano scoffed. "I'm not sure she knows what love is." This caused her to pursed her lips impressed by his comments. He wasn't the type to say this. "Love is blind between two fools," she replied softly causing him to turn his attention to her.

"You want to know something? I actually was thinking what if you and me actually got married?" Roslin widened her eyes, shocked. It's her wedding feast, how can he possibly bring this up. "You can't be serious, Giuliano?" She began to think for the longest time she'll ever remember there was always goals to set up them together. Piero de Medici had even made an official announcement that they were going to get married. The truth is, Roslin refused to obey any of those. She grew up loving Lorenzo de Medici, that will never change.

"Giuliano?" She hissed. "What? You would have been my wife. You think I was blind not hearing all those comments that were made to you regarding the alliance between the Medici household. Your father wanted an alliance with our house. My parents were wise enough to hopefully one day, you'll marry me and become my wife to fulfill what your father always wanted. That wasn't the case." He ran away leaving him to take a sip of his wine.

"Now look, you're married to my brother and you're having his child." Roslin gasped a little inside, holding her stomach.

"No matter what, Roslin. I thought, ''I could have had my happy ending if I married you." He gulps. "I would be the happiest in my life, I would have married someone who I've known my whole life."

"Giuliano?" She tried to touch his cheek only to have him backed away. "I know. We were never meant to be. Giovanni, my little brother is now married to Clarice. You're now married to my brother. I'm the only Medici not without no spouse."

"You'll find someone." She tried to reason. Giovanni looked at her showing a small smile. "That's the thing, I already did. She is now married to my brother." Once he said those words, she was left speechless. Thoughts started to wander in her thoughts leaving her utterly shocked. How could she have not known? Was this a secret? Has Lorenzo known all along and refused to tell her. How could she had been so stupid. She never hated Giuliano, he was the young charming boy with a sharp attitude who always messed around her but one thing she knew, she never thought him as that bad. He was decent.

"I think I've moved on. Congratulations." Giuliano leaned forward to kiss her on her cheek. "All I want you to be is be happy with my brother. I love that you make him happy and that he makes you happy. That's what love is. Love is an item between two people, who love and cherish each other to the core." He leaned back leaving her in thoughts trying to understand the events that just happened.

How could she not have known?

AUTHOR NOTE

Hello! I actually finished part 1! Part 2 of this chapter still needs to be posted, I'll see when I post it. I actually finished watching the Spanish Princess and I loved it!👌 I'm actually dying to write my story that involves Henry Tudor. Honestly, what do you think of this chapter? I know there are mistakes, please ignore them. I'll get it fixed soon. Romeo and Juliet will be posted very soon , you'll basically see what's going on between Giovanni and Clarice. Also, Alessandra de' Pazzi will make a entrance very soon 🤞😉 So stay tuned for that! Honestly tell me your thoughts on this chapter? I would love to know. Has anybody noticed? I always update when the voting hits over 30😓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 41 23
Once upon a time, a married couple had a falling business, so they looked for investors to help save their business. In exchange they traded for thei...
18.6K 579 32
Medici the Magnificent meets Hogwarts. Maria Fiore, adopted friend and sister of the Medicis, must overcome her draw to the enigmatic Francesco Pazzi...
30.9K 460 30
A rising family who became the most powerful and influent in Florence. An ancient and noble rival family who craved to replace it and gather all that...
67.5K 3.7K 19
PUBLISHED ON THE NOVELSTAR PLATFORM PUBLISHED ON THE NOVELNOW PLATFORM PUBLISHED ON HINOVEL AS A FREE STORY **** "How do I stop loving you? Teach me...