VOICE

By MaanGeet6

How a mere voice, strikes a chord in the heart of a person???... Does love has any limit???... What is his lo... More

~~~~~~VOICE~~~~~~

15 3 1
By MaanGeet6

Frustrated!...yes, he is frustrated because of this damn project which drains him out completely... lately he is getting very angry...snapping at everyone...he is tired! tired of his bland life, which he thinks has no meaning...it is dull... he feels numb... he just wants to relax his tired self. So, after barking orders at his PA to not disturb...he closed his eyes, and relaxed on his chair...but his peace did not last much longer, when his cell phone rang displayed a "private number and broke his last bit of patience...he answered the call and was about to roar when a voice from the other end made him mute...it was a girl...

Hello..does this number belong to Priya?????

That...that voice held the world of love, and sweetness which set his entire being on fire...that waxy, sweet, and crisp voice removed all his tiredness, his tensions in a brink...like summer's first rain...it soothed his nerves at the same time made them tense...he felt intoxicated...but then, felt raged thinking that love which held in that voice is for someone and not for him...his musings came to an end by that very voice...

Hello...hello, is anyone there...is this Priya's number?....that voice now held restlessness...

N no no ...th this is the wrong number!...he shuttered...

Oops!... I am very, very sorry for troubling you, and wasting your time...by mistake, I dialed your number ...the voice held disappointment...which he did not like it a wee bit...a frown marred on his forehead...

It's alright!...no problem....he assured her...

Thank you so much...sorry again ...bye... that voice held gratitude...

He became restless again, this time a hundred folds more than before her call...he felt like his life is being sucked out ...he does not want to be apart from her voice ..from her...before, he could even express himself, the call got disconnected...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An entire month passed since that day ...since that call...everything went back to normal...life was moving ...all are moving...but he ...he was stuck...stuck where that voice left him...where she left him...time stopped for him...he turned into a complete zombie...he became restless...every second, his thoughts were about that voice ...about her...he couldn't eat and sleep...he felt that, he couldn't breathe without that voice ...without her...he was unable to name this feeling...he was alien to this... to this feeling...being reserved from girls...he was not able to judge his mental state...Yeah, girls do surround him everywhere, but that is because of his looks and riches...he always maintained a safe distance from them...he never needed them...for him, there was always work, work and more work...but now?!... What the f*cking hell has gone wrong?... Why does he feel this desperate need to hear that voice every day, every minute, every second of his life?...

He tried to drowning himself in work, attending various meeting, signing contracts, undertaking over-seas projects, travelling around the world etc...but to avail...

His change is observed by his most trusted PA, his family was worried about his health, they tried to make him stop working like a robot...tried to arrange blind dates for the first time which in turn incurred his ire...

Why is everyone behind him?...

Unable to bear this torture anymore...he dialed her number to hear that voice again.

.

He anticipated with bated breath...

After what it felt like an eon for him, the call was answered, and he heard that voice again ...he sensed his stopped heartbeat once again started beating with a renewed speed...

Hello, who is this????? The voice held inquiry...

Now, he felt blank...till now he was eager ...the only thought in his mind was to hear that voice ...but he didn't think of this possibility...he was not prepared for that question...

Is this Mrs.Rao speaking?...he somehow managed by spouting the same nonsense as her...

No! this is the wrong number...sorry... If I am not wrong, you are the same person that I called by mistake, remember?... I recognized your voice...that voice gushed...

He felt happiness course through his entire being...he felt blessed that she remembered him and recognized his voice...

Ohh..yah...I got it...I think, by mistake, I dialed this number thinking it is Mrs.rao...my client..he feigned nonchalance...hoping that she would buy his lie...

Ohh ok then...bye...that voice held sadness which made his heart clench...but what he couldn't get was, why was her voice so gloomy?

Even before he voiced his doubt, the call got disconnected

Damn!... He cursed himself for his over-action... But... why did she feel bad?... Is it because he didn't call her... to hear that voice?...

*I want to listen to her voice* ...his heart demanded...

*No, you have to be calm and wait* ...his brain countered...

He was like a man trapped in a desert, for whom the only oasis is her voice,...he struggled desperately with himself

Should he call her again?... But what if her voice is annoyed, the very thought made him panic...

********************************************************************************************

Two days passed... he state was similar... he was just one step away from calling her again,, choosing his heart over his brain, when unexpectedly she blessed him by calling herself... Angel... he thought with a pleasant yet silly smile and hurriedly attended it...

Hello... he whispered cautiously...

Ohh my!... I called you again... I am sorry sorry sorry sorry!...so sorry, I don't know why, my mobile automatically connects to you, think it's time to change my subscriber service... that voice blabbered with hidden mischief...

Stop! Stop! Stop! No need... I think even our fate wants us to hear each other's voice now... his voice double mischievous than her...

Wo umm ah... her voice fumbled... her embarrassment clear...

Don't mind... I was just joking... what I implied was, now we should be friends ... if you don't mind, that is... his voice held a world of hope...

That voice giggled like an innocent child, sending shivers down through his spine and mind into a frenzy... He felt a surge of protectiveness and possessiveness for that voice... for her...that he should protect her and cherish her till eternity and beyond,... and he will!!!

Ok!... Let's be friends...the voice agreed...

Like a very deserter he was, he desperately drank in his oasis...her voice...

****************************************************************

Their friendship began and reached greater heights by every passing day... their phone calls increased... every morning his day wouldn't start without her voice, while the moon always listened to their voices throughout its stay... if one's voice sounded gloomy... then hell would break loose on the other... if one encountered any problem, then the other would solve them...

Why are you sounding dull??? Her voice demanded anxiously...

No! I am not... you tell me, did you finish your singing class??? his voice dodgy...

That voice became silent...

What happened???

No voice

Are you there???

No voice

Please don't be silent!!!

again no voice...

He now became restless... agitated... panicked...

Please... I am sorry... I was wrong... alright, I will tell you... there is a problem with the marketing department and I lost my mind in anger and blocked it... and now there is a strike going on... I just didn't want you to worry... sorry na baba... ab tho baat karo(My ancestor, at least speak now!... ) his voice cracked with emotion...

His entire being filled with dissolution without hearing her voice...

Hmmph!... ok!... I will speak... don't be upset... but, how can you be this angry?... with me you are always soft, right?... her voice held doubt...

Hahahaha!... he laughed at her naivety... that's because I can never be angry at you... his voice which filled with devotion vowed...

silence prevailed again!!!

Hello, you there???

Hmm, ya...I am ok...now, do one thing...just close ur eyes ...

What!!!???

I simply said to, close your eyes and just do, as I say...her voice sounded angry...

Ok, baba! (my ancestor!) ok, ok...he indulged her and closed his eyes...

Relax and take a deep breath!...he did as her voice ordered...and, now think, what went wrong in the marketing system?...who is at fault?...her voice guided soothingly...

He did just that...

His, marketing manager did a blunder in selling their products...he sent less stock thank they promised...now the client is creating ruckus...and he, in his fit of rage scolded the whole team and suspended some of them due to their lack of efficiency..not knowing they all were good in their work but manager maliciously did that mistake and slandered the whole team, and also instigated the team against the company to go on a strike...he was bribed by his competitors/rival companies...

Slowly, his rational mind started thinking of the possibilities and then it struck him...he snapped opened his eyes...

Are you cool minded now???

Yes, and caught the loophole too...smile in his voice...

Did you, now!?... her voice smug...

Hahaha!!!...echoed his laughter filled voice...

See, this is magic...never be angry, okay?...it is not good for your health ...think calmly...there is another side of the coin, always...and not every time, what we see, or hear will be true...never take decisions in an expedited manner...her voice advised...

Ok!... I promise!... never, will I make decisions in haste...but, please, promise me, you will never be silent...his voice pleaded...

Ok, I will never become silent...her voice promised...

*********************************************************

Sing a song, no???? his voice coaxed...

Why???

I love your voice very much...Man karta hai ki zindagi bar isse suntan rahu(my heart yearns to listen to this voice my all life)...his voice blew...

You will, always...she promised and then her tempting voice hummed in his ears suggestively...

Look into my eyes

You will see what you mean to me

Search your heart,

Search your soul

Oh, when you find me

there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for

You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for

You know it's true,

everything I do, I do it for you

------ Bryan Adams

Source:

************************************************************************

Months passed...they became inseparable...they were so happy in their small world connected through voice...but, fate!...huh, it had to play dirty..and it attacked with a full vengeance ...

Her calls disappeared, so was her voice...making his very breath feel painful...he called her a thousand times, sent countless messages requesting, demanding, begging...but to no avail...he became restless...he was scared...as her number was a "private" one, he couldn't even trace it...he felt his life came to an end...

But suddenly his cellphone beeped,, indicating a message...it was from her...his happiness knew no bounds...he eagerly opened the message but the content in it made the earth beneath his feet disappear...

"Hi,

I know you are waiting for my call...but now I couldn't play any more voice games with you...you were just a time pass for me... I am sorry...just leave me alone...forget me..live your life..."

Just nice, this is a message...if her voice sounded this cold, he would have died a thousand deaths...

********************************************************************

Three months later...cafe...evening 5'o clock...

They say..."Life is a bit*h"...but, everything ...every emotion is a bit*h...that is what he felt in these months time...expectation, fear, anger, love, helplessness, hurt...everything!...but, he did not become hopeless...bcoz he knows that her voice cannot betray him...he trust her, her voice more than his life...he tried everything, hired detectives, used his connections with the police department, and political government to track her phone but couldn't find her... it's like she became invisible in this vast world...vacuum filled his life...but no, he didn't lose his hope ...hope to find her one day...hope to listen to her sweet voice one day...he will wait till his last breath ..and after his death...then too, his soul will wait for her, and her love-filled voice...he took a deep breath and ordered a latte...he was sitting in a cafe and spacing out thinking about her...when, suddenly something caught his ears attention...voice... not hers, but his...

I love your voice very much...man karta hai ki zindagi bar isse suntan rahu (My heart yearns to listen to this voice my all life)...

He felt the hair on his neck prick ...he then, slowly turned his head as if the voice will stop if disturbed...that was coming from his back...he stood and with slow & steady steps reached the chair...there was a girl sitting on it...her back was facing him...

She was continuously playing the recording in her phone accelerating his heartbeat...

Then he felt a hand on his shoulder...he looked to his side...there was a gentle-looking woman in her mid-'50s

That girl...she is mute...one day, in an accident, she lost her voice...it seems, due to shock...poor child!... every day will she come here, and listen to this voice in her phone and cries her eyes out...

He staggered back like had been pushed by some tyrannical force...his head spinning...tears clogging his throat..his eyes wide open and red... acid burning his entire being...

She is mute!!!

Lost her voice in an accident...

Oh god...couldn't you be crueler!!!

*********************************************************

After paying the bill, she took her bag and headed towards her home...this is her life...only solitude...nothing left...no one left ...not even he...his voice...she gulped the lump which formed in her throat...blinking back her tears, she continued her journey tirelessly...

She was walking silently when she suddenly stilled in her place listening to that voice...not his, but hers..

.

Ok!... Let's be friends!!!...

Why are you sounding dull????

I simply said, close your eyes and just do, as I say!...

Ok! I will sing...You will, always!!!...

Look into your heart, you will find

There is nothin' there to hide

Take me as I am, take my life

I would give it all, I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not

worth fightin' for

I can't help it, there's

nothin' I want more

You know it's true,

------ Bryan Adams

Source: LyricFind

I will never become silent...

She gasped slowly, before turning to her back in wobbly legs...her big honey orbs met his intense dark ones, and then...the world stopped...everything became a blur for them...

He reached her in steady steps...his eyes held such pain...such intensity that shook her entire being...

Why???......only one question came from his voice...

She couldn't bear it...the accusation in his eyes...she dropped on her knees and wailed loudly breaking the silence...only these loud cries became her voice after her nightmare...she felt drained...her life became a curse...she failed her love...him...what can be more painful than this???...

He too dropped on his knees near her...her frail form, like a sharp spike bleeding his heart...whatever it might be, he just couldn't bear her being in tears...

He just pulled her fiercely into his arms, hugging her...as if, it would make her absorb into his very soul...

She clung him as her life depended on him...while both cried for each other...the nature too cried along with them voicing her pain for...soothing them...

After, which felt like ages, both separated and looked into each other's eyes...

He wiped her pearls, shaking his head in a no, which bought her back to reality...she tried to move away from him, but like hell, he would allow her to leave his world again...

NOO!!!..don't even think about it...what do you think of yourself, and what the hell, do you think about me?... You will just scribble some shit as a message, which will make me hate you?...then, what?... you expect me to move on?...his loud voice thundered...

She bit her lips squeezing her eyes shut...more pearls spilled ...she should have known, he will understand her pain...but...but, she promised him, that she will never become silent...

Don't cry...your tears...you do know right, that I will never tolerate them?...

He slowly placed his ears on her heart, making her heartbeat rise...her breathing heavy...

His voice implored slowly...

You have promised me, that you will never become silent, and you kept your promise...listen...your heart's voice is shouting loudly...

lub..dub...lub...dub...lub...dub...

I LOVE U...

I LOVE U...

I LOVE U...

What more do I want than this pleasure?... You know?... I am very possessive of you ..of your voice...it is mine...only mine... I don't like others listening to it ...not even you...and see, now this heart of yours, only voices to me...he smirked, with his eyes filled with strong possessiveness and love...

But, don't ever leave me ......please... I will die without you...without your voice...his voice choked...

With just a few words with his voice... he solved everything...he erased her all damned insecurities...

Sobbing, she jumped in his arms...this is the man, she loved with all her heart...for whom she waited eagerly to listen to his voice...the voice which stole her heart in the first talk...for whom she made the false calls to hear him again...oh...she will always thank god, for making the wrong call ...

She hugged him tighter, to which he reciprocated with equal vigor...Meanwhile, nature too danced with them happily, and the skies smiled amidst rainbow colors, witnessing the union of two lovers, who are forever connected through their voice...

*****************************************************

He gently held her shoulders and released her...with a smile, he clasped her hand and place on his heart while his hand on her heart...

(Every day in the life, starts with you and ends on you)...his voice vowed...

(Every day in the life, starts with you and ends on you) her heart's voice vowed...

I LOVE YOU...he whispered...

*I LOVE YOU TOO* ...her heart whispered...

everything I do, I do it for you

There is no love, like your love

An' no other could give me more love

There's nowhere unless you are there

All the time, all the way

Everything I do

You can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for

I just can't help it,

there's nothin' in the

the world I want more

Oh, I would fight for

you, yeah, I'd lie for you

Walk the wire for you,

yeah, I'd die for you

You know it's true,

everything I do, I do it for you

------ Bryan Adams

*****************************************

He slowly, yet eagerly bent his head ...his eyes asking permission to which, she blinked...very gently their lips met ...sparks flew in her, feeling his rough manly lips on her soft curves...

He felt out of this world...ohh ...he moaned, roaming his hands on her curvy waist...never, did he felt anything this soft ...this exhilarated...never, did he tasted anything this sweet...he completely devoured her...she submitted herself by pushing her hand in his hair...they kissed like there was no tomorrow, into the blushing crimson sunset...

They released each other reluctantly...their breathing rugged ...her lips swollen...

They laughed heartily eyeing each other and started pacing on the road...

He suddenly stopped and voiced...

Damn!...we knew, and conversed with each other for many days...we knew each other habits, likes, dislikes, and everything...but...but, we didn't even know our names...he shook his head at their stupidity...

My name is AIDAN...AIDAN MILLER... Yours? his voice eagerness...

She gently grasped his hand in her palm and wrote her name...

ARIA...ARIA JONES.... Smiling, she showed her pearly teeth, while he lifted her in his arms, laughing heartily...both headed to their destination...which started and will last because of their voice...

This is the journey which transpires by a "VOICE"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~THIS IS NOT THE END~~~~~~~~~~~

COMPLETED

Please guys, if you like my story, support me through BuyMeACoffee , PayPal, or Ko-fi(links given in comment section), you will be directed to website. "Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure." Your help would be greatly appreciated...

Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure." Your help will be greatly appreciated...

DISCLAIMER:
Song and source or lyrics are not mine(they're attributed):Credit goes to: Song by Bryan Adams; lyrics source: LyricFind

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. http://www.copyrighted.com/copyrights/view/hhg5-gpf7-a37i-c8if- MY COPYRIGHT LINK MY COPYRIGHT: Copyrighted all work under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 2005-2014 All rights are reserved by the Owner, i.e., Uma(umamaaneet)/monakeshwari, AND VumaS, and youtube(Splendor of wines) channel.
So please note: No copying/sharing/distributing/altering/posting of any part of any of my stories is allowed.I permit NO ONE to post my works under their name by altering it.and youtube(Splendor of wines) channel. If any of you see any part(s) of my stories posted elsewhere (even if it is an altered version), please report the concerned person and contact me as soon as possible. Punishment by the law includes the following limited to A fine up to 50,000/- for each work infringed(copied). Infringer pays for all attorney's fees and court costs. The court can issue an injunction to stop the Infringing Acts. The court can impound illegal works. The Infringer may be punished to Jail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...