Prince Pauper || KTH

By nanafics_

"You gotta deal with life just like everyone in this rat place." . . . . Kim Taehyung is the heir to Vante Co... More

-
0. Pack Your Bags
1. Welcome to Imuwa
2. Prince to Pauper
3. You're THE Kim Taehyung
4. Let's Meet The Rats
5. Suffer, Boy
6. The Great Escape
7. Playboy Rants
8. Think of Me Highly
9. Help Wanted
11. Scandalous Peanut
12. Unforgettable
13. You're So Wet
14. All About You
15. What Does Grounded Mean???
16. What About You?
17. Power of God and Anime
18. Starry Scenery
19. Oh, Baby, Baby
20. Love...In This Club?
21. Psycho on the Loose
22. Mother-Daughter Hot 411 Gossip
23. Sweet Night
24. Meet Her Oppa
25. Meet Her Other Oppa*
26. PBPG Mishap*
27. The Deadbeat vs. The Prince
28. Dinner with a Side of Roast
29. Twins' Birthday
30. Never Ending Down Spiral
31. Trio Telepathy
32. Please F**king Wait
33. Tragic Events with the Prince: Meow Meow Edition
34. Greatest Blessing
35. Last Time
36. Just One More Day*
37. Pretty Poor Girl*
38. Until We Meet Again
39. Pauper to Prince
40. Her F@$%^&( Room?!?!?
41. Imuwa Women Do Be Hitting Differently
42. Ghost of You
43. Superposition and Contradiction Meet
44. K-Drama Rich Momma
45. Rags to Riches
46. Again
47. Unforgettable Too
48. It's Been a While*
49. Princess Penny*
50. Eat the Rich??
51. Escape the Shitty Town
52. Tragic Events with the Prince: Daddy Edition
53. The Sweetheart Muse
54. Faded Photo
55. Remember Me
Epilogue: Prince Pauper

10. Prince's First Job

75 6 0
By nanafics_

It was Taehyung's first day at his first job! Who would have thought he would be working at a local grocery shop with an 8590 won/hr ($7.30 USD/hr) income before he worked as a CEO making seven figures within a month?

Not me I tell ya. Not me...wait, I'm the author?

Taehyung loathed the position. He refused to be a stocker, he didn't even know what that was. He knew what a stalker was...not a big fan of it. He had some bad experiences and encounters.

But this is all new to him. He had no knowledge of this. What he did know was that he wasn't the employer, the boss, the head. He was the employee, the entry-level, the lowest on the pyramid for job titles. Heck, even Jungkook and Jimin were higher than him based on years of experience.

Hopefully, he'll learn something from this. Maybe he'll do well. He's not a dumbass. As said before, Taehyung was highly intelligent, he just doesn't use it because he was too far up into his asshole to put the effort in and have others do it for him instead.

The prince came in with no expectation but knew he couldn't mess up that bad where he gets fired, especially under the authority of jittery Jeon and peggy Park.

He entered the store, only to have Jimin breathing down his neck the second he walked in.

"You're late." The playboy scoffed as he put on a green apron.

"And? I'm Asian, what do you expect?" Taehyung shrugged, looking unbothered.

Jungkook then came out from the back of the store, carrying two large boxes. He noticed his new employee had arrived so he paced up to him before settling the boxes on the counter.

"Hey, Princess!" The younger boy beamed. "Welcome to your first day!"

"Will you stop calling me Princess?" The prince spoke out in aggravation.

"Then stop acting like one." Jimin ridiculed, earning daggers from the prince.

"Fucking rats, I swear to God." Taehyung pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Stop calling us rats."

"Then stop acting like one." The prince mocked his high voice.

Before the older two had a brawl, Jungkook stepped in and questioned, "Why are you dressed like that?"

The rich boy stared down at his attire. He wore a matching smoke-grey tweed suit over white collared dress shirt tucked into his pants and the first three buttons undone.

"Isn't this the common work attire?" Taehyung questioned.

"No, you look like those people at my doorstep trying to convert me into their religion." The younger said back. "You don't need to look fancy when you're here."

"I'd want to differentiate from you two." The prince glanced at their commoner's outfits.

Jungkook jumped over the counter to grab a green apron. He threw it to Taehyung, handing it to him. "Wear this so customers will know you're working here."

"There are many things we need you to learn so I suggest you take that blazer off and roll your sleeves." Jimin smiled snobbishly. "Store's opening soon so be ready."

-

It was a lot of work...well, in Taehyung's perspective. He had to learn what everything was, where to put them, the prices, it was terrible. He had to go to the storage room where most of the stored items were and he couldn't figure out which was which. They were all in the same-looking boxes.

The next he had to learn was how to be a stocker, the job he officially held.

"Princess, you need to stock the items properly," Jimin commented as he had his arms crossed over his torso. Jungkook smiled, sitting on top of the counter as he observed the struggling prince carrying the large box under this arm.

"I am, you little shit." Taehyung glared at his trainers. "They're all the same."

"No, they're not. You're mixing the brands and the color layout." Jimin snapped back, outraged by the sloppy performance. "They're not the same."

"They are the same. Same disgusting trash that you poor people eat." The prince gagged as he carelessly threw the items into the display racks.

"No offense, Taehyungie Hyung..." Jungkook began as he opened a bag of chips. "But you're an asshole."

"So I heard from all of you rats." Taehyung moved his eyes in a half-circle as he closed the crate. "But does it look like I'll give a single shit of what you think?" He carried the rest into the back room. Once he was done stocking the items, he went behind the cashier and sat down on a chair, hanging his head off the back. "Ugh, when is this over? Can I have my money now?"

"It's only been a day." The younger munched on his chips as he followed.

"It's only been 45 minutes." Jimin corrected, walking up to the register. "It's never gonna end because that's how you earn money."

"This is annoying." The prince complained. "And you both are annoying to be around with."

"The feeling is mutual." The playboy muttered as he grabbed a cloth behind the counter to wipe the surface.

Taehyung then realized something. Why are these rats the only ones here with him, making him feel miserable? Where was the adorable cutie he flirts with? He assumed she worked here too.

"Ahh, where's Sweetheart? She's more exciting than you twig dicks."

"Don't call her that," Jimin growled. "She wouldn't wanna see your pancake ass either."

"She's done with a work meeting soon. I told her to get me a honeydew milk tea." Jungkook replied, not caring about the tension.

"I need to pee. Where's the restroom?" Taehyung asked.

"In the back in the employee break room." Jungkook pointed.

The prince nodded before he got up and disappeared in the back. Once he was gone, the younger boy sighed, feeling bad.

"Poor little shit, struggling to make ends meet." The plant boy frowned as he chewed on a chip.

"Don't feel bad for him, JK," Jimin told his younger friend. "He should learn and not be a spoiled brat about it."

"True, but you shouldn't be harsh on him, Hyung." Jungkook chimed. "Give him a chance. You should know how Penny feels about him too."

"That's what I'm worried about." The older one muttered.

The two then heard the entrance bell ring, indicating customers coming in. They turned their heads to see an interesting sight, something out of the ordinary in a town like Imuwa.

Three lavish men walked in dressed in suits, one in black, one in navy blue, and one in maroon, with hair gelled and styled in their own unique way. All were fairly tall, well, all taller than Jimin. They looked like they were going through a wild animal exhibit as their eyes roamed around the grocery store.

The Imuwa boys wafted in their luxurious fragrance, woody-scented, and musky. The men's cologne probably cost more than the outfits Jungkook and Jimin had combined. Right off the bat, they knew they were rich.

"Hyung, are you sure he's here?" The taller of the bunch asked the one with broad shoulders.

"That's what his location said." Shoulders pulled his newest edition phone out of his pocket.

"But in a place like this?" The one that resembled the sun questioned in distaste.

"Uhh, hey." Jungkook greeted the pampered men, grabbing their attention as they turned to the checkout section. "How are you?"

"Sorry, I don't have change on me." Shoulders blew the younger off. He looked down upon the boy in front of him and was disgusted by his outfit.

"Hyung, don't talk to him like that because he's homeless." Ball of sun sighed, pushing shoulders' arm.

"Then why is he wearing loose fitted clothes that reek of filth and substance?" Shoulders complained, ignoring the fact the boy he insulted was right there.

"I'm not homeless!" Jungkook snapped. "And you're on the property of my family's business."

"So this isn't a shelter? Is this a shed for the farmers?" Buff-looking tall guy scanned the surroundings.

"My God, these rich people..." The plant boy muttered, shaking his head. "I don't wanna deal with this. I'd rather get high."

"We're looking for a boy." Ball of sun informed.

"I'm guessing these are the Princess's friends," Jimin said displeased. There were more of him near the air Jimin breathed.

Taehyung stormed out in the back as he groaned in irritation. "Your bathrooms are disgust—Hyungs!" A spark of happiness crept up the prince's face once he laid his eyes on his best friends. He ran up to them before embracing them into a group hug as he bounced in between them.

Jungkook and Jimin raised their eyebrows, stunned to see him so happy. They haven't seen that before so it was fascinating to watch.

"Taehyung, you're dirtying up our clothes." Buff-looking tall guy pointed out before the prince stepped away, apologizing.

"Sorry, I'm working." Taehyung laughed nervously as he scratched the back of his head.

"In here?" Ball of sun gasped.

"Yeah, long story. I'll tell you later." The prince replied. "What are you doing here? Why'd you come back?"

"We wanted to see you after the whole thing..." Buff-looking tall guy said as he looked up and down at his younger friend. "You're still alive."

"Yeah, but I don't have my car. I have to ride the bus now." The three rich men wheezed in shock at his very words, almost holding onto one another for dear life. They looked distraught for their younger friend as he nodded sadly.

Jungkook and Jimin's mouths parted at how pretentious these fucking men were.

"But thanks for coming here even if it'll be a short while." Taehyung grinned.

"Please, coming here is like charity work for us." Shoulders chuckled.

"So who are these bitches?" Jungkook asked as he pointed at the three newcomers, grabbing their eyes once again.

"If you must know, these are my Hyungs." Taehyung stared bored at Jungkook. "This is Kim Namjoon." He pointed at the buff-looking tall guy. "Kim Seokjin." Pointed at shoulders. "Jung Hoseok." Pointed at the ball of sun. "They're socialites like me."

"Sorry, I don't really know," Jimin admitted.

"I have my own skincare line, KimCare?" Seokjin informed. "Namjoon owns Kim Chi Café? Hoseok is a dancer and owns Hope World."

"Nope, doesn't ring a bell." The playboy shook his head.

"It's fine, Hyungs. They're rats living under a hole." Taehyung reassured them.

"We have names!" Jungkook retorted.

"Right..." The prince rolled his eyes. "Jungkook." He pointed at the boy who then smiled and waved. "Jimin." Pointed at the angered boy.

The entrance bell rang once more, which caught all of their attention. They spotted the lovely Penny smiling and walked in with a boba drink in her hand.

Though she wore her work uniform, a khaki skort with a pastel yellow shirt pairing with white shoes, it revealed her natural tanned legs and accentuated her waist. The shirt tightened enough to see the curves of her small bust. Typically her hair was down, but it was tied up in a ponytail with shorter flyaways, giving that messy effect.

Yeah, her natural beauty caught the rich bitches' eyes.

"JK, I need some garlic for my Halmeoni's dinner." Penny casually walked into the store, not noticing the newcomers.

She handed her twin the drink to which he happily took and sipped. Only when she turned to see Taehyung, she realized that there were three unknown beings next to him.

They were in expensive suits that probably cost more than the sum of her tuition. Each had a gold watch on the right wrists. They styled their hair to perfection and smelled heavenly. She never felt so in awe of men before.

"Wow, those thighs." Namjoon gawked.

"She's not homeless either?" Hoseok gulped as his pupils stayed glued at the confused girl.

"Minus the peasant outfit..." Seokjin scrutinized her body up and down, then went onto her facial features. "She's absolutely gorgeous, but country girl. Please take care of your skin. It'll look like a cookie and cream chocolate bar."

Penny was taken aback as she grazed her skin. Not feeling as insecure because she hasn't really taken proper care of it so she blamed herself, she lets it go.

Her eyes directed towards Taehyung, "I assume they're affiliated with you."

"How would you know?" The prince smirked.

"Wild guess." She stated. "And you all have the same arrogant smirk, not to mention the strong musky cologne."

"Sweetheart, don't say we're all the same. I'm nothing like my Hyungs."

Penny rolled her eyes before greeting them, "I'm Lim Penny. You're Kim Seokjin, Jung Hoseok, and Kim Namjoon. I know who you guys are. I see you on my social media."

"Oh, so she knows us." Namjoon smiled smugly before eyeing out the rats while the girl nodded in response.

"Worldwide handsome." Penny pointed at a proud Seokjin. "Boneless dancer." Pointed at a giddy Hoseok. "Chess champion with the chest." Pointed at an alluring Namjoon.

"Ah, the girl indeed knows us." Seokjin smiled. "I knew I'm still noticed even in rural areas."

"Well, I'm gonna get some garlic. Be right back." She walked away from the men before her.

As she headed towards the produce, the polished men watched her leave. Jungkook and Jimin's face shifted into the expression of concern and dislike, turning into her personal bodyguards.

"Are there more of her in this Imuwa threshold?" Hoseok asked rhetorically. "I've never been with a commoner before. Maybe it'll be fun."

"Does she understand the difference between water and sparkling water?" Namjoon licked his lips before biting it as his forefinger and thumb rubbed his chin.

"Back off," Jimin growled. "Don't look at her like that."

"For once, I agree with the troll," Taehyung interjected, nodding. "Back off of her. I claim he—"

"You too, asshole." Jimin spat back.

"Time out. Don't claim her." Jungkook scoffed as he gestured for the men to step back. "That bitch is mine. I wanna taste her before any of you other bitches."

"Jungkook!" Jimin slapped his friend's back. "No one claims her!"

"Is this poor boy jealous?" Hoseok cocked an eyebrow.

"Stop calling us poor!" The playboy defended as he leaped over the counter to really see their forms.

Yeah, he was still shorter than them but he wasn't afraid to protect his friends from the ridicules and insults they were making of the Imuwa trio.

"But you are poor," Seokjin stated like it was obvious. "Judging by your outfits and reek of bar soap."

"Okay, I know we're not rich like you but that still doesn't give you the right to degrade us like that." Jimin protested as his eyes twitched.

"Yeah! I'm not homeless! Baggy clothes are a style." Jungkook whined, adding into the fight. "I know I smell of substance but you don't have to acknowledge it!"

"But you live in the farm count—"

"We're literally in a small suburban area, not a fucking Amish town. It may be a little in the outskirts of the suburbs, but we don't live in the fucking farm country!" Jimin argued back.

"I'm gonna go to Halmeoni Kim's farm to ask if I could pick some strawberries from her crops! Do you guys want some? She may have freshly laid eggs too!" Penny chimed into the scene unaware as she came back with a bag of garlic in her hand.

Her friends looked at her and sighed with disappointment as their reasons were single-handedly crushed by her statement. Taehyung and his friends, on the other hand, snickered lowly. She stared back at the men with innocence and confusion by their contradicting expressions.

~

I FORGOT TO UPDATE LAST WEEK IM SORRY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 2.8K 32
kim taehyung is kept in prisoned in his too big for two people home by his over protective father. jeon jungkook gets the life changing news that he...
310K 18.5K 50
[COMPLETED + EDITED] To get in the National High School of Seoul, was not a right, but a privilege. Getting accepted meant that you were the best o...
676K 31.8K 54
Park Jimin is the handsome, wealthy, popular guy in his high school. Some say that he's arrogant because of the amount praise he receives daily. Jeo...
1.4K 124 14
Jimin's life couldn't be going better. He's in his last semester of college as a dance major, he lives with his best friend, and he's been in a commi...