(COMPLETE) Second Chances - L...

By TheSeraphim

You meet Sean and Daniel before they cross the border. Knowing that if they cross they will get separated due... More

Episode 1 - Chapter 1: Roads
Episode 1 - Chapter 2: Woods
Episode 1 - Chapter 3: Strings
Episode 2 - Chapter 1: Rules
Episode 2 - Chapter 2: Snow
Episode 2 - Chapter 3: Runaways
Episode 3 - Chapter 1: Wastelands
Episode 3 - Chapter 2: Stones
Episode 3 - Chapter 3: Shards
Episode 4 - Chapter 1: Faith
Episode 4 - Chapter 2: Truth
Episode 4 - Chapter 3: Justice
Episode 5 - Chapter 1: Wolves
Episode 5 - Chapter 3: Butterfly
Ending - Stay
Ending - Leave
-Author's Note-
Afterstory - Extra : Puerto Lobos
Afterstory - Extra : Diaz Repair Shop
Afterstory - Extra : The Beginning of the End

Episode 5 - Chapter 2: Eagle

423 26 1
By TheSeraphim

Early in the morning, we had our breakfast outside of the trailer where Karen and Esteban prepared the meal together.

"Are you guys ready to leave?" Karen asked his sons who was busy eating.

"Yeah... I'll miss it here. Why can't they just leave us alone?" Daniel said.

"Oh honey..." Karen replied placing her hand on the back of Daniel's head and presses her head against his. "I'm sure Puerto Lobos will be fine. No more running. We'll create a new paradise there."

"Over looking at the beach, Mijo." Esteban interjected. "We could make sandcastles everyday!"

"Really?! That sounds so cool!"

"Right?" Karen said with glee. "We'll have you back in school, make some friends. We'll eat dinner by the beach."

"But... I don't know Spanish."

"Dad and I will teach you! You'll be fluent in no time!" Sean said, cheering up his brother.

"Okay, last round up guys." Esteban said. 

"I'll say goodbye to Joan." Daniel said, finishing his breakfast and ran towards the garden of sculptures they did together.

"I'll go get the radio from David." Sean said.

"How did you- ah... right. You did this before." Karen said, realizing Sean already knew what she'll say.

"I'll go do a final check-up with the RV." Esteban said, picking the plates up.

Karen and I sat together, looking at Away. 

I was silent for a moment as I watch the windmill turn... 

Karen then touched my hand. "I'm sure we will make it. You don't have to worry about that."

"Oh... yeah. I just hope you guys are safe in Puerto Lobos."

"We will... even if not, we can always move anywhere we want. You don't have to worry about us."

I smiled and nodded. "I know I've said it a thousand times... but I will miss you guys. You've been so kind to me... welcoming to your arms. You're like a family to me."

Karen paused for a moment, there was a flick of sincerity in her eyes when she finally spoke. "You know... if something happens, if ever... you can't go back to your world and be with your family... We will be here for you... I know Sean and Daniel will love it that you're here to stay... especially Sean. I know you've been so close together... it'll be too painful for him when we finally cross that border."

"I know, Karen... Thank you... This is my last chance to go back to my world... Deep in my heart, I don't want to leave but... I still have my own life in the other side... My family..."

"I know, (y/n)... Whatever you choose... I support you."

"Thank you, Karen."

Soon Esteban finished his final checks. Sean and Daniel said their goodbye to their friends in Away. We then got inside the RV as Esteban started the vehicle, revving it up to life. 

"Bye! We will miss you!" Daniel said carrying Mushroom as the RV began to move. 

I can't help to tear up once again as the people here became my friends and family for 5 long months that we've been here together.

"Write to us, darlings!" Stanley said waving to us.

"We will!" Karen said waving back.

As we bid our final goodbyes to the people of Away. The radio with Sean began to rumble and police scanners were then heard. 

It was a long drive ahead of us, as we ride across Arizona to the border. 

Karen thought of asking to see Sean's journal. Though, Sean hesitated at first but he decided to give it to her since it'll be the last time he'll use it as the pages began to fill up. 

Daniel and I then watched Karen turn the pages. Almost all of the drawings from the old timeline didn't exist and was changed to new ones, basically my fault but it was a small sacrifice to make. 

Karen admired the sceneries that Sean drew as well as the restaurant stubs they collected along their journey. I was embarrassed when Karen finally flipped the pages to see my faces scattered all around Sean's journal. I also smiled that all this time, the shoes Sean made for me is still alive. He wasn't kidding when he told me that he made sure its durable. As I've been using it all this months nonstop. 

As our last miles together, I've thought about when I met Sean and Daniel first. They were almost at the border when I stopped them. Daniel was shot and was recently bandaged. Sean is already exhausted and wanted everything to be over.

That's when I realized that something was about to happen.

"Where are we going?" I asked cautiously.

"What do you mean?" Sean replied.

"Are we going to the gates or the wall?" I stated, remembering the time Daniel ripped out a part of the border so they can escape undetected.

Sean finally realized what I'm talking about and turned to Esteban. "Dad?" Sean asked.

The Wall, Esteban said. "Daniel's going to destroy it right?"

"No!" I called out, fear struck in my mind. "Wait... I don't know... are we gonna do this again?" 

Sean looked at his brother.

"What is (y/n) saying?" Karen asked, curiously as I was behaving differently and visibly shaken.

"Daniel was shot when we destroyed the wall." Sean remembered. "If that happens again, we might be thrown in jail again or worse... just as (y/n) believe... someone could get hurt in place of Daniel."

"Can we stop it?" Karen turned to me.

"I... I don't know. I can't see the future... I'm not sure what to take... There's a possibility if we use that wall... Someone will get shot. Those two patrol bigots... That's their purpose." I said turning to Sean. "Remember the cougar? It showed up despite of the traps you guys made. Its purpose was to hurt Mushroom... to kill her... What happened at the camp, Finn's purpose was the heist and Merrill... that's a set time to happen... even the Church... it was set to burn... That policeman that shot Esteban from the old timeline... that is his purpose."

All this time, I finally realized, everything that we encountered... in each time throughout what I believe are the Episodes, one thing remains... The people who tried to hurt Sean and Daniel are still in effect.

"If what I'm thinking is right, those two bigots will hurt someone in this family if we continue to go there further. We've done so many changes already... I don't know how the timeline will repair itself."

Sean thought out for a moment. "We should head to the gates then?" Sean asked.

"I believe that's the best... but also the worst. Since the police captured you that time, they lowered the defenses in the border. That's why you were almost there. If the rip in the wall doesn't happen... the border will be more dangerous." I concluded based on the things that had happen already.

"Daniel?" Sean asked his brother. 

"Me? Why are you making me choose?"

"Daniel..." I called out. "If you make a rip in the wall, someone will get hurt. I'm sure of it... But if we go to the border right now... it will be too hard... to cross."

Daniel looked at Sean and took a quick look to Esteban, Karen, and Mushroom... the anomalies in this current timeline. 

"The border..." Daniel decided. "I won't let anybody hurt you guys."

"Are you sure, enano? This will be the hardest you'll ever face."

"I'm not scared, Sean. We've been training all this time. I can do it. I won't let anyone get hurt!"

"Alright... I trust you Daniel." Sean said.

"Mijo, we believe in you." Esteban said as the radio scanner began to pick up more and more.

"Daniel." Karen hugged his son. "I promise you... your dad and I... we won't leave you guys ever again. I will do everything what it takes to be with you, together."

Daniel then turned to me.

"I'm here for you, Daniel... I will support you whatever you choose."

Daniel then nodded and turned to his father, making up his decision. "The gates."

Esteban stayed on the road, their last miles are counting. He didn't made the turn to the wilderness as we've decided.

Determined, Daniel tied the leash on Mushroom even if she tried to struggle. "Don't worry girl. No more leash after the border. Just don't want you to stray away for now. Okay?"

The radio started to rumble, picking up our location.

"Guys..." Esteban called out on us.

A police car was parked beside the road and a nail bed to puncture our tires were placed on the road. The police alarm began to beckon as the noise announced us to stop. 

Our hardest trail began.

"I got this." Daniel flicked the bed out of the way and punctured the tires of the police car.

Esteban stepped on the gas as we continued to tread the road.

Soon we found a group of police cars parked on the road with the police on the other side, ready to fire any minute.

Daniel made a forcefield in front of the RV and shot the invisible force, flailing the police and the cars out of the road.

The alarms blared once more as the cars were hot on our trail.

Soon the borders rise in front of us as squads of police cars blocked our way to the gates. Police officers had their guns out, ready to fire any moment.

Esteban slowly stopped the car and turned to face us.

The voice of the familiar agent beckoned to our ears.

"Esteban! Esteban Diaz! It's over! Don't make this worse! Get out of the car... SLOW... with your hands above your head! Do EXACTLY what I say!" Flores called out with her megaphone. They must've think that Esteban killed that police officer in Seattle.

"We've been running all this time... Sean... Daniel... I just want you to know... whatever happens... I'm so proud of you two."

"Dad..." Daniel weepily called out.

"You know, that day... in Seattle... When we left our house... The only thing in my mind is we lost everything we tried to build... but seeing you kids, grow together... bond together... I realized, we can always build those things again. Our home doesn't stay in just one place. It stays with us."

I can feel my eyes watering when Esteban said those words.

Karen held Sean's shoulder. "I'm so proud of you, Sean... Daniel... I know all this time, you also took care of your father... You guys become close to one another... I never thought there will be a day that we could be together again..." Karen then looked at me and mouthed. "Thank you."

I nodded and smiled. I can feel my throat sting as they comforted each other.

The megaphone outside began to crackle as Agent Flores's voice beckoned once again. "Get out! Please! Don't make any more mistakes!"

"Whatever happens... Sean, Daniel..." Esteban smiled.

"It's not too late to surrender!" Flores called out. 

"...always remember that you two, are Sean and Daniel Diaz."

"Esteban! You know this isn't a trap!" 

"We promise, Dad." Sean said.

The megaphone blared once again. "You can trust me! Please, get out of the vehicle! Come on! There's no way out! This is your last warning!"

Daniel then looked at his brother. "So... Sean, how does the story of the wolf brothers end?"

The megaphone blared one last time. "Listen up! Step out of the car! NOW!" 

Sean looked at me with a smile in his face. He then looked back at Daniel. "They make it to the other side... Be careful."

Daniel then nods and the door opened.

I went to the driver seat and watched the cops advance on the vehicle, Daniel took a quick glance as I gave a final nod. 

Daniel then began to power up, he then threw the nearest cop back, followed by an officer

"What the fuck?! FUCK!" An officer was astonished on what occurred.

"SHOOT! SHOOT!" A cop called out. "OPEN FIRE!"

Esteban held Karen's hand as they watched Daniel create a barrier to block the bullets. A barrier that was large enough to protect himself and the RV. The gunfire were harmlessly deflected away.

I then felt Sean's palm holding my hand. I then took a quick glance with Sean focusing on his brother.

I then saw Agent Flores terrified on what was happening. "What the fuck... what are you doing?!" She called out.

Daniel's power began to grow as he unleashed a bigger barrier to protect the vehicle behind him. He struck his hand in the air and plowed the cars with an invisible force, the cops were sent flying ultimately sending them to a catatonic state

Daniel then turns around and screamed. "Aaaaaah!" His voice echoed.

We then heard loud explosions behind the RV.

Daniel began to float in mid air. We then felt the ground vibrate. The cars that were turned over began to hover three meters up in the air. 

"Aaaaaah!" Daniel screamed and plowed all the police cars on the ground. Exploding to a finesse of terrifying flames.

With one final push... Daniel screamed one final time and jolted his hand. The invisible struck through the gates of the border, ripping it out, away from the walls, destroying the road in the process.

Daniel then looked at the RV and nodded his head. The door opened and Daniel went inside. "We can go now." 

Esteban restarted the RV and we began to move towards the destroyed gate.

It was then... I felt pounding from my heart.

I collapsed down on the floor as my knees shook.

"Haaaah...." My breathing began to change... "Guys... I think... this is the time..."

I said as Sean help me stand up.

The door of the RV opens again as I stepped out of the vehicle.

The destroyed wall was just few feet away when Sean held my hand to stop me.

"Wait! (Y/n)." Sean then put his arms around me.

My heart pounded non stop. It was as if the wall was calling me.

With a heavy heart I turned around and embraced Sean Diaz.

Daniel, Esteban and Karen, together with Mushroom stepped down from the RV to see me leaving.

The biggest decision of my life began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 61 18
(Y/N), 16, has been struggling with their mental health for years since their father's passing, causing their mother to fall into deep depression and...
146K 3K 54
Hi! I'm a beginner at writing stuff, have been reading for years tho. I'm not a native english speaker/writer so I'm sorry for using a wrong word or...
202 0 25
Before Reading this book read The Wulf Pack (LIS 1 & 2) made and completed by me thanks and all the characters belongs to their creators. Knowing whe...
1.6K 38 13
This story plays in Life is Strange 2 episode 4, you as a reader have special powers, which will help Sean find his brother. I will not 100% remember...