Test of Fate (DongFeng Fanfic...

By yunxihan_

Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special # 1
Special # 2
Special # 3
Special # 4
Special # 5 + Thank You!
New Book!

Chapter 13

4.8K 132 33
By yunxihan_

Chapter 13

The Tiancan Cage

Zheyan was waiting outside the gates of Qingqiu anxiously. He had received a message from Donghua Dijun saying he was in charge of Fengjiu's safety while she was separated from him because her magic was depleted. He hasn't been able to talk to Bai Qian about his promise to Fengjiu, but Donghua had already found out that Fengjiu's magic was depleted. It would be just a matter of time before he realizes she's not healing.

Donghua and Fengjiu appeared out of thin air just as Zheyan started pacing. He gave a start before bowing slightly and opening his arms for Fengjiu. "Xiao Jiu! Uncle has missed you."

Zheyan watched Fengjiu let go of Donghua's hand and walk to his embrace. He could already feel Donghua's stare burning through his skull, so he let go of Fengjiu quickly. Donghua pulled Fengjiu back with her hand entwined in his. Zheyan watched Donghua list a bunch of things Fengjiu had to watch out for while he was not there to protect her. He also watched the ever proud and mighty queen of Qingqiu nod her head docilely at his words.

Donghua abruptly pulled Fengjiu into a hug and kissed her forehead. "Take care of yourself," He murmured as he gently kissed her lips. Fengjiu nodded at him with bright eyes making him smile. After a few more kisses and instructions, he finally left. Fengjiu turned around to see Zheyan narrowing his eyes at her. "Xiao Jiu, I think you should tell Donghua Dijun..."

Fengjiu immediately shook her head. "You promised..." Zheyan sighed heavily and lectured this woman who had become like his grandchild. "As I see it, Donghua Dijun has feelings for you. Don't you think he has the right to know? Also... He's your husband!"

Fengjiu looked at Zheyan with wide eyes before looking around to make sure no one was around to hear him. "How did you know?! I'll tell my grandfather and father myself... Don't spread it around," She murmured as she made her way to the gates.

Zheyan didn't give up. "Promise me you'll think about telling him." Fengjiu didn't need to ask who he was talking about, so she just nodded and entered the kingdom of Qingqiu.

*****

Many deities were gathered in Qingqiu to congratulate Bai Qian on her marriage to the crown prince of the heavens. As queen, it was Fengjiu's job to entertain guests and receive some high-ranking deities. Everything was going very well. Zheyan kept close to Fengjiu as she walked around the crowd. Fengjiu usually hated it when guards followed her around, so she would escape from their sight. This time however, she remembered Donghua's words and didn't try to run away from Zheyan.

Fengjiu was having a conversation with the queen of Biyinyaos, when a commotion started somewhere in the crowd. She excused herself and went to see what was wrong. Zheyan quickly followed behind her.

The Black Demon Lord, Nie Chuyin, had come requesting the Queen of Qingqiu's hand in marriage. The crowd started forming a path for him to walk through as he made his way to Fengjiu. "Xiao Jiu, let your father handle this." Zheyan murmured. Fengjiu nodded and turned to leave but Nie Chuyin saw her and raised his sword.

"Today on behalf of the Black Demon Clan, I ask for Her Highness Fengjiu's hand in marriage." The crowd gasped as they watched the whole exchange with rapt attention. Fengjiu glanced at her father who nodded and made his way to her. "We are honored to have your admiration Your Highness, but our fox clan does not force our children to marry someone they don't like."

Nie Chuyin's face distorted at his words before he pointed his sword at Fengjiu. "I heard that if someone was able to beat the current monarch of Qingqiu in a sword fight, they would receive a promise..." Bai Yi's face paled when he realized that Qingqiu indeed had that tradition.

"Your Highness Chuyin, I apologize but-" Nie Chuyin cut-off Fengjiu by charging at her with his sword. Zheyan was alarmed so he tried to block his attack but Fengjiu already took out her sword and used it to block his attack. The crowd watched in horror as the Demon Lord obviously overpowered their queen. "Nie Chuyin! You're despicable! You're at least 70,000 years older than Fengjiu! You're obviously abusing your power!" Bai Yi shouted, absolutely furious.

Fengjiu and Nie Chuyin continued to exchange blows as Zheyan watched with eyebrows furrowed in worry. Nie Chuyin wasn't actually aiming for Fengjiu's hand in marriage. He wanted to marry her to gain the power of the fox clan, but it would be even better if he got a promise instead and made sure Qingqiu was firmly underneath his rule. He realized that if he killed Fengjiu right there and then, Qingqiu would have no choice but to bow down to him. He got excited by the idea and used a particularly powerful move on Fengjiu.

Fengjiu was thrown back by the sheer power of his attack causing her to cough up blood. When Nie Chuyin was about to deliver a killing blow, Zheyan was about to make his move. But... Something amazing happened.

Before Nie Chuyin's killing blow could touch Fengjiu, A forcefield suddenly appeared throwing the Demon Lord to the ground. The crowd watched with wide eyes as a forcefield glowed around Her Highness Fengjiu.

The Tiancan Cage!

Everyone recognized the forcefield as the Tiancan cage. They were stunned to see something they had only heard of in legends. It was a treasure from the heavens made from heavenly ice. The person who cast it had to give a part of their soul and have a vast amount of cultivation, and the person it caged would be protected from any killing blows. It must have sensed the strong killing intent Nie Chuyin was releasing. The crowd suddenly realized, Nie Chuyin wanted to kill Her Highness Fengjiu!

Outraged shouts and cried were heard from the crowd cursing Nie Chuyin for being a scoundrel. Nie Chuyin was lying on the ground groaning in pain while Fengjiu's family and Zheyan watched the forcefield around Fengjiu in disbelief. Zheyan suddenly realized that the person who casted this cage on Fengjiu must be...

Before everyone's eyes, a bright light engulfed Qingqiu. Donghua stood on top of a cloud, his robes fluttering in the wind. The Tiancan Cage refused to let anyone in who tried to help, even Fengjiu's family. By the time Donghua had reached the ground to see Fengjiu, she was lying on the ground unconscious with her face as pale as snow. Looking at Fengjiu in such a state made Donghua's mind blank. He had known that there were countless dangers she could face while her magic was depleted, so he had left the Tiancan Cage with her to guarantee her safety no matter what happened. Apparently, he didn't give it enough thought.

Heavy lightning and furious thunder suddenly shook the lands of Qingqiu. The crowd stared at Donghua Dijun and finally came to their senses. "Greetings to Donghua Dijun!" Everyone was clasping their hands together into a bow.

Donghua was known to be in seclusion for thousands of years. Many people in the crowd could only imagine what he looked like. Many people have heard the rumors about Qingqiu's queen and Donghua Dijun. It was said that she chased him in her younger years and even cut one of her tails for him. They also heard that Donghua Dijun had gifted the young queen with a map they had only heard of in legends. They wondered if there was indeed something going on between Donghua and the Fox Queen.

Everyone held their breaths as they watched Donghua Dijun enter the Tiancan Cage confirming that it was indeed casted by him. Suddenly, the crowd saw the noble and kind Emperor kneeling down, before picking up the unconscious fox queen into a princess carry. Their hearts skipped a beat. Maybe this was how they took care of their juniors in the heavens?

The crowd rubbed their eyes as they watched Donghua naturally brushing away the fox queen's hair and tucking them away. They watched him pull her closer to his chest and turn around to face the crowd. Maybe... he was expressing concern?

Suddenly the crowd sucked in a breath at the sight of the former Heavenly Emperor pressing his lips against the fox queen's forehead before his arms tightened around Her Highness Fengjiu.

The crowd, including Fengjiu's family, watched in shock. Could it be? Donghua Dijun had fallen for the fox queen?

While they were all excited, Nie Chuyin stood up and pointed his sword towards Donghua Dijun. "What do you think you are doing? I asked for Her Highness Fengjiu's hand in marriage! What you're doing is inappropriate."

Donghua only looked at him briefly before answering in a chilly voice, "Inappropriate? Do you mean to say it is inappropriate for me to hold my wife? You even dare to propose to my Empress?"

What did he say? Did they hear him right? Wife? Donghua Dijun and Her Highness Fengjiu are married?

Author's Note: Hiya all! If you haven't read my note in Chapter 12, I will be slowing down updates because of school :( I had a lot of time these past few days, so I was able to update around four chapters a day (omg). I'm very sorry to say that I'll be limiting my updates to one chapter a day or every other day. This chapter is dedicated to one of my readers ddeokbokki95! She has been constantly supporting this fanfic from the start <3 Thank you all so much for your support! 

I love you all <3

-Yunxi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 561 13
Princess Bai Fengjiu of Qing que was once the pet fox of the former emperor of everything Dong Hua Dijun. She has loved him ever since and wanted not...
63K 2.1K 33
[ssfx3yuchen collaboration with Micarzam14] - in progress NOTE: THIS IS A TEN MILE OF PEACH BLOSSOMS FANFIC AND NOT ETERNAL LOVE OF DREAM FANFIC. 🌸�...
4.9K 266 23
This story starts with Bai Qain's wedding. Where donghua meets Bai Fengjiu for the first time. Suddenly one-day Donghua and Fengjiu transfer to an un...
468K 24.3K 172
This story is about the birth and development of the best friendship between Donghua Dijun and his little fox. In my re-imagined story, I am attempt...