Prince Pauper || KTH

By nanafics_

"You gotta deal with life just like everyone in this rat place." . . . . Kim Taehyung is the heir to Vante Co... More

-
0. Pack Your Bags
1. Welcome to Imuwa
2. Prince to Pauper
4. Let's Meet The Rats
5. Suffer, Boy
6. The Great Escape
7. Playboy Rants
8. Think of Me Highly
9. Help Wanted
10. Prince's First Job
11. Scandalous Peanut
12. Unforgettable
13. You're So Wet
14. All About You
15. What Does Grounded Mean???
16. What About You?
17. Power of God and Anime
18. Starry Scenery
19. Oh, Baby, Baby
20. Love...In This Club?
21. Psycho on the Loose
22. Mother-Daughter Hot 411 Gossip
23. Sweet Night
24. Meet Her Oppa
25. Meet Her Other Oppa*
26. PBPG Mishap*
27. The Deadbeat vs. The Prince
28. Dinner with a Side of Roast
29. Twins' Birthday
30. Never Ending Down Spiral
31. Trio Telepathy
32. Please F**king Wait
33. Tragic Events with the Prince: Meow Meow Edition
34. Greatest Blessing
35. Last Time
36. Just One More Day*
37. Pretty Poor Girl*
38. Until We Meet Again
39. Pauper to Prince
40. Her F@$%^&( Room?!?!?
41. Imuwa Women Do Be Hitting Differently
42. Ghost of You
43. Superposition and Contradiction Meet
44. K-Drama Rich Momma
45. Rags to Riches
46. Again
47. Unforgettable Too
48. It's Been a While*
49. Princess Penny*
50. Eat the Rich??
51. Escape the Shitty Town
52. Tragic Events with the Prince: Daddy Edition
53. The Sweetheart Muse
54. Faded Photo
55. Remember Me
Epilogue: Prince Pauper

3. You're THE Kim Taehyung

123 9 0
By nanafics_

"Yah, wake up! You're gonna be late for school!" Halmeoni Kim slapped Taehyung's back, startling the boy away from his dreadful slumber. "Get off the couch and get ready! This is the only time I'll tell you because it's your first day."

So like last night was terrible for the prince. He was being stubborn and refused to take the boxes out thus ultimately slept on the stale couch. Oh, how he missed his air foamed mattress with his silky silver sheets.

But instead, he got a grey couch with cushions that felt like they were made of bricks.

He didn't even bother putting his stuff away so they were still in the living room to which angered Halmeoni but let it slide for now.

The half-awakened Taehyung shoved his face into his hands before rubbing his skin. He checked the time and it was...six in the morning?!

"Halmeoni, why'd you wake me up so early? My classes don't start until nine." Taehyung whined before laying back down. He noticed the sun was barely rising, the lights from the house made it bright instead of the outside.

"Tae Tae, you should start getting ready. Have a head start." Halmeoni suggested. "Plus, I've made breakfast. You wouldn't want to me eat alone?" She tried guilt-tripping him to see if he was willing to help his own grandmother out.

"Starve a little longer for your grandson to rest." He muffled into the couch pillow.

He didn't know where the blankets or pillows were so he unfortunately used what he saw.

Halmeoni's plan didn't work which made her irritated. She went up and slapped the boy's butt, causing a loud sound to erupt among the house. Taehyung winced in pain as he jolted up and was officially awake for the day.

"That hurt!" Taehyung pouted as he rubbed his behind.

"Get ready for the day before I feed your breakfast to the chickens!" She pointed towards the bathroom and glared at her disobedient grandson.

The prince eyed her back before rolling his eyes and headed down to the bathroom.

"Towels on the rack for you." She mentioned but he only grunted as he closed the door behind him. She could only shake her head.

This needed to do a lot of work on him.

Halmeoni heard the shower turn on and the curtains moving. Then she heard a shriek from inside, causing her to cock an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Why is the water so cold?!" The prince complained. "I warmed it up for a minute!"

"Sorry, dear! I forgot to mention there really isn't hot water in this town because it's expensive. We usually boil hot water before we go in!"

"I hate this place!" He could only say as he now had to shower in the cold.

After the mayhem of his morning, he was dressed and ready. He got out of the bathroom after being in there for like an hour and sat down at the kitchen table.

He wore a white collared dress shirt tucked inside khaki coated slacks with a black belt that hugged his proportions. He threw on a brown suede overcoat that ended right above his knees. The weather was pretty chilly today but he wore something casual yet it still kept him warm.

"What, are you going to a baptism after school? Why are you dressed so nice?" Halmeoni questioned.

"No, this is what I usually wear." Taehyung retorted as if he pointed out the obvious. "Well, I kinda dressed down since I'm...here. I wore my least expensive clothes which is a lot for me to do."

Halmeoni wanted to roll her eyes back to her brain but decided not to. She placed his breakfast in front of him to which Taehyung felt iffy. He was so used to his eggs benedict with smoked salmon, sliced with cherry tomatoes on the side. So now he was looking at the unknown.

"What...is this?" The prince looked up at his grandmother, genuinely confused.

Lord, help him. She thought so hard.

"It's spam, eggs, and rice." She simply answered. "And I squeezed some orange juice for you." She handed him the glass which he hesitantly took.

He only nodded, not wanting to complain because it'll just lead to another fight that he didn't want in his already ruined morning. He grabbed his chopsticks and picked at his food as she watched him.

"You've never had spam before." It sounded like a question but it was actually a statement.

"No, I don't even know what it is." He sighed with a slight shake in his head. "It's fine. I'll just eat the rice and eggs."

After his...breakfast, he just wanted to bolt out of the house. But he also realized that he now had to go to a public university.

Shivers crawled down his spine.

Maybe it wasn't gonna be that bad. He liked people at his old university, so maybe he'll like this one too. But this time, those poor people will probably gawk over the new rich boy coming to Imuwa like it was nothing.

Oh, it wasn't nothing. It was fucking major.

Perhaps he shouldn't have done what he did. He wouldn't have been here.

With his status, Taehyung didn't mind the spotlight. In fact, he enjoyed it. It made him feel powerful, enchanting, an overall social butterfly. His socialite fortunate helped a lot especially when he tried flirting with girls.

On his way out the door, he grabbed his car keys because no way in hell was he riding the bus. He shouldered his bag as he walked towards the car until Halmeoni called out.

"Wait." She waddled out of the house and embraced her grandson. Taehyung couldn't react so he just stood there like a log. "You've been a pain in the ass since you've got here—"

"I haven't even been here for a day!"

"But I still love you and I hope you have a good first day." She smiled but this time, genuinely.

"Love you too." He sighed before getting in the car. He lowered the window and turned the car on. He said, "Yeah."

"Oh, I also asked three town kids your age to be friends w—"

"Don't want them." He said before he revved up the engine and left.

He knew where to go. He spotted the university when he was coming into the shit hole of a town.

-

"Jimin, hurry up or else we're gonna miss the bus!" Penny scolded as they ran down the street.

"Hey, I like to make an impression!" Jimin breathed out once they arrived at the bus stop. A couple of people were here, waiting just like them. "It takes a while to look this good."

"I wear the same thing and I still look this good." Jungkook rolled his eyes as he sat on the bench.

"All you wear is black baggy fucking clothes. Have some variety." The oldest snapped back.

"Look, you both are wearing plain ass shit. Now shut up!" The only girl hissed, referring to Jungkook's typical wear and Jimin's striped shirt and black pants.

While they were arguing, a sleek luxury car zoomed past them as it headed down the same direction they were going, grabbing the attention of the trio. Jungkook was in awe, Jimin was flabbergasted, and Penny...well, she just thought "Ooo, shiny car."

"Did you see that?" Jungkook gasped. "The rich guy really is here!"

"Well, I'm wrong," Jimin said. "But still we won't exist in his life."

"Maybe you won't but I'll try to be his sugar baby." The younger boy stated with confidence.

"Hey, Halmeoni Kim!" Penny spotted the old lady walking on the other side of the road. She waved back, hoping the woman could see her.

"Hey, you three!" Halmeoni Kim waved. "Penny, I'm going to your Halmeoni's house!"

"That's good. Please keep her company!" Penny yelled.

"Halmeoni!" Jimin raised his hands to the side of his mouth to amplify his volume. "Has your grandson arrived yet?"

"He did! But he's already headed to the university now!" The old lady shouted. "Hope you guys see him!"

"Wait, what's his name? Ask her." Penny nudged Jimin. He nodded and was about to ask when Jungkook interrupted.

"Guys, the bus is here!" Jungkook announced and the two reacted quickly. They knew how hard it was to get a spot on the bus, so they threw that thought over their heads and went into the transportation.

-

The university was rather decent-looking. It was one large building, three stories maximum, but much smaller than his mansion. The grass was concocted of chartreuse and fern with large splotches of dirt here and there, yet people had the audacity of sitting on the ground.

A worn-down statue of the university mascot, Caillou the Caribou, displayed in the center of the gateway. The school attempted to put red and white pennant banners across the campus for the welcome week but they ended up falling on the ground...how nice.

This was nothing compared to the university back home. Don't know if he hated this one more only because it was poor. He hated school either way.

He made an entrance, one that everyone in Imuwa will remember. He drove into and parked inside the university with style. On top of admiring his expensive ass polished car, Imuwaians' jaws dropped at the sight of him. He smoothly got out of the vehicle with his bag hanging on his shoulders and his sunglasses sitting perfectly low on the bridge of his nose. His freshly permed ebony hair and fringe rested beautifully on his forehead.

He locked his car. He walked through the parking lot like it was a runway. He wasn't even trying, it was pure effortless. He went towards the entrance doors of Imuwa University with his Gucci loafers and others around staring in amazement.

He heard whispers of their praise and compliments about him. That he was handsome, that he was luxurious, that he was Prince Vante. He heard his name a couple of times. Of course, they knew who he was. He knew it in his gut they knew despite being a poor town. After all—

He was the Kim Taehyung.

-

"My dealer texted me again!" Jungkook said as they got off the bus stop to their university.

"You know you can just say friend when we're out in the open," Penny suggested so that he can hide his druggie status from his parents, knowing word can get out.

"Please I've been doing that shit for six years and they still don't know." Jungkook scoffed as he read the message then he gasped. "He said the rich kid's name is Kim Taehyung."

"Wait!" Penny's mouth opened in surprise. "The Kim Taehyung?"

"Who's Kim Taehyung?" Jimin questioned as they walked towards the doorway.

The two spun their heads at their confused friend who didn't understand all the hype and cheering.

"You don't know who he is?" Jungkook questioned.

"You act like you know who he is too." The older rolled his eyes before pushing the doors for them to get inside.

"Yeah, I don't know who he is." The weed boy admitted. "I got excited because he sounds rich so..."

"I guess, I only know who he is." Penny chuckled. "Kim Taehyung is the son of the guy who owns Vante, the fashion magazine."

Jungkook snickered as he wagged his forefinger at the girl, "Twin, you know I don't read."

"Yeah and I don't keep up with socialites." Jimin shrugged.

"Still, he is a big name." The girl informed. "His father owns a whole corporation besides the magazine so they making bank."

"You had me at rich, Pen." Jungkook threw his arms over her shoulder and circled her waist to carry her as he pretended to scan the hallway. "Come on, let's look for him."

Peers looked at him like an animal as he accentuated his large irises and made animal noises at them. Penny had a blank face, not fazed by his behavior.

Jimin slapped the younger's back, wincing in pain. "Stop that! It may be your last year here but don't make people uncomfortable." The older complained then Jungkook settled the girl down.

"I just wanna meet the guy. It'll be exciting for a change." Penny revealed as she bounced on her feet. "He may be a nice friend."

"Don't get caught up in your fantasies." Jimin smiled. "Don't think about befriending him. Let's find Halmeoni's grandson."

Penny checked the time and hissed, "Uhh, maybe later. My class is about to start."

"What is it?"

"Business." The girl frowned.

"Ew, why?" Jungkook gagged.

"I've been avoiding that general studies requirement so now it's my punishment for my final year." She thinned her lips before smiling the pain away.

"Our general studies class is about to start soon too, Hyung." Jungkook grabbed Jimin's shoulder. "It's the science where we learn more about each other. You know, the chemistry we have?" His eyebrows danced while he smirked at the dissatisfied older.

"Yah, you stupid shit. We're in anatomy, not chemistry."

"We're still learning about each other." Jungkook's face remained the same. "You know, the body parts."

"We have the same parts!"

"Okay, I'm leaving." Penny left her annoying friends to go to her class. As she opened the door, she noticed no one was here yet which gave her the opportunity to pick her unofficial seat for the semester.

She typically sat in the front corner where she could learn but also stay hidden if the professor picked on people. She settled herself down and waited for her semester to officially start.

-

Taehyung left the university office with the deans and staff kissing his ass and the floor he walked on.

The first thing he did was greet them, it was his plan to get on their good side just in case he fucked up. Also since he was the rich boy and his father paid an excellent amount of money for him to come in such short notice, he was the school god. His family gave the school enough money to do renovations and build a bigger field.

Of course, they too wanted to know him a bit better. With his social butterfly skills, Taehyung got them wrapped around his finger.

His class was about to start and it was one he loathed.

Business.

You may think—

Why does he hate business when he's gonna be in charge of a whole ass corporation?

OR

You're probably laughing your ass off or squealing since you know who was in there.

Anyways, Taehyung hated business class because it was the basic which he knew and refused to take but he had no other choice if he needed to finish school.

Though the class was pointless—hell, his entire schooling was pointless—he entered the class, ready to be bored out of his life.

He heard a few gasps, more staring, and girls internally screaming at his existence which pleased him. Somehow he managed to get on everyone's good side without doing anything.

Kim Taehyung I tell you. The power this man had.

Typically, he's one to stay in the back and be inactive in the classroom but his eyes caught something—someone actually—fascinating.

She was too indulged by the book she was reading to even notice him. Her long darkened hair covered her face to which the prince couldn't fully see. But when she looked up at a person talking to her, she caught his breath.

Her face. Something he has never seen before, none like no other. She pushed her wavy strands behind her ear, capturing Taehyung fully. Her honey skin glowed in the sunlight pouring through the window. Her face wasn't necessarily supple, having a few red spots here and there, and minimal acne scars, but it made her stand out for some alluring reason.

But what captivated Taehyung was her eyes. They were pure black, like the onyx stone. One might think of darkness, looking into the unknown cave. But he saw the glistening light in her irises, reflecting a sense of trust and warm welcome. They were covered with so much brightness, who knows what she hid in the abyss she called her eyes.

Obviously, not Taehyung.

After she talked with someone, she went back to her book. No one sat by her so he decided to take the chance to sit next to her. The entire class saw him approach her, approaching the Face of Imuwa. A match made in heaven, everyone thought.

He sat on the chair on the left of hers, yet she still ignored him. She thought that it was some random guy who attempted to talk to her which she didn't want to be bothered with.

Her reason was simple. She gave up on Imuwa guys. She had her reasons and they were valid.

It was fine for her. If all fails, she'll end up marrying Jungkook as her last resort.

Taehyung decided to use his special skills to grab her attention. A skill that Seokjin somewhat helped him. He cleared his throat and said, "You know I have a thing for girls with long hair?"

It wasn't the best way but it was so bad she had to notice it.

That lush baritone voice fluttered her ears and heart. She hasn't heard such depth in a while. Probably she was surrounded by Jungkook and Jimin and their constant squeaking.

She didn't want this person to get her that easily by just their voice.

"And so?" She spoke without ripping away from her page.

"Feisty." Taehyung chuckled lowly.

Alright, his laugh made her quiver in many ways possible. Curious to who this was, she finally parted from her book. Once she did so, she was caught stunned, seeing him lean his form on the table with his cheek resting on his arm. His legs crossed over to display a very attractive yet dominating appearance while an arrogant smile plastered on his effortless gorgeous face.

She was freaking out on the inside but Taehyung didn't seem to notice despite being observant. Her shining eyes protected the internal dying and fangirling as the Kim Taehyung basically flirted with her.

He was even more ethereal in person than those pictures she'd see. His soft caramel glazed skin sparkled under the beaming sun. His rose-tinted lips glossy and succulent to taste. His eyes drowned in cocoa, warm enough for Penny to go weak in her knees.

But she needed to be strong. She wasn't gonna be easily persuaded but was open to knowing him.

"Oh, hello." Penny politely waved.

"Sweetheart, what's your name?"

Ahh, he was one of those rich men. It was a little of a turn off for her but nevertheless, he was cute so she won't shut him down yet.

Cute boys with possibly shitty personalities are intense guilty pleasures.

"Lim Penny." She answered, pushing her high cheekbones into a smile.

"Penny?" Her name slid off his tongue like butter. "A western name." God, she loved his voice.

"Yeah, it is but don't think much of it. I'm not from the West." Penny informed him as she shifted her stature to now facing him.

"Aren't you gonna ask me what my name is?" The prince smirked, knowing he got her.

"I know who you are." The girl informed as she tilted her head. "Kim Taehyung, Prince Vante. Rich boy."

"You're right, Sweetheart." He pointed his finger up, giving her that one. Of course, she knew who he was. He'll have her wrapped around his finger in no time.

But Penny noticed how haughty he was, his body language, the tone, his stare. She wanted to turn away and pretend she didn't see him. However, she didn't. Out of all people in Imuwa, she knew how it felt to be seen as one thing rather than the other. The other that she wished people saw.

Maybe this was just just a cover? Maybe he was actually a dick? Who knows? The only way for her to know was to actually talk to him.

"Thank you, I am right." She too smirked. "But please don't call me that." She wanted to test him, learn more, and see how this conversation goes.

"I'll call you whatever I wanna call you," Taehyung replied back.

"Gross to the statement. It's upsetting." Penny rolled her eyes in disgust.

"But yet it's empowering when a woman does it."

"Because when men do it, they treat us like playthings and second-class citizens."

"And when women do it, it degrades us." Of course, what he said wasn't his own thoughts. Women were power all the way, but he wanted to test her, hear what she said. "Isn't that a double standard?"

"Degrading men is not a double standard, it's an esteemed way of life." Penny retaliated.

"Harsh but good reasoning, Sweetheart." He slowly nodded in approval. "I believe you." His tone almost seemed sarcastic but Penny somehow knew he was serious.

"Thank you for believing in me. Now I wanna sit somewhere else with less pretentious lingering in the air." She eyed him out. She was about to stand up and sit elsewhere when Taehyung put a hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her back into her seat.

His domineering expression was completely gone, vanished, never to be seen. Now an adorable little peanut of a puppy appeared out of nowhere. His perfect uneven lids emitted lost, in need of some care, with a hint of fear.

"Stop, don't leave. I don't know anyone here." Taehyung pouted, giving his signature look to get what he wanted.

"And that affects me...how?"

The prince raised a brow. Girls would usually give in to his look and melt into his hands like butter. Penny, however, just stared with mundane eyes waiting for his response.

Let's be real here. Penny didn't want to leave him because well, she found him uniquely charming. She was a sucker with the way he pouted. She wanted to see how far he'll go to keeping her here.

"I'll be lonely and have no one to talk to," Taehyung replied.

"I'm pretty sure you'll get along with people. I suppose many tried to throw themselves on you." She waved off her hand as she reassured him.

Including her...well, lowkey.

She was about to stand up once more before class started but he stopped her again.

"Yes, what's wrong?" She calmly asked.

Taehyung had to come up with something quickly. He suddenly didn't care about getting along with other people. He wanted to get along with her. Penny somehow became his topic of interest at a faster rate than his previous relationship. Her presence felt nice and kind, something he wished he had.

He then remembered what his Halmeoni shouted at him before he drove off. "Can you at least help me find people here?" He responded. "My Halmeoni told me to find friends here. She said there's three of them."

"Who's your Halmeoni?" She asked, pushing her eyebrows together.

"Halmeoni Kim."

"There's a lot of Kims."

"Uhhh, she farms...she's old?"

"That's like almost half of the population of Imuwa." She chuckled at the prince.

"What does she plant?" Taehyung wondered out loud. He snapped his fingers as if the answer was gonna come from his action. "Strawberries! She plants or farms, or whatever you people do, strawberries. She's short, snappy, black hair with elderly roots sticking out." He listed down his grandmother's key traits.

Her eyes bulged wider and wider when he spoke about the very person who asked her and her friends to hang out with him. That was completely uncalled for. She couldn't put her thoughts together in time, so she could only say the obvious.

"You're Halmeoni Kim's grandson?"

~

These chapters aren't supposed to be that long lol idk if I'm being wordy but you're not mad...are you?

Btw happy holidays everyone! Hope you enjoyed it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 18.5K 50
[COMPLETED + EDITED] To get in the National High School of Seoul, was not a right, but a privilege. Getting accepted meant that you were the best o...
416K 27.2K 53
"You are, Jeon Jeongguk, the pirate who have been in wars against many kingdoms , telling us that you have fallen for our son, and asking us for perm...
72.1K 4.2K 40
[Completed] Kim Seokjin has grown up in a orphanage and after a lots of difficulties, now he is an famous event manager. Jeon Jungkook is very rich...
676K 31.8K 54
Park Jimin is the handsome, wealthy, popular guy in his high school. Some say that he's arrogant because of the amount praise he receives daily. Jeo...