IN TWENTY ONE DAYS (Preview)

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2020. All rights reserved. The morning rays rose above the horizon. Sunlight streamed her bedroom... More

Author's Note/ Introduction/ Copyright.
1; UNVEILED.
2; SHOPPING.
3; APPROBATION.
4; PARCHED.
5; REVERSED.
6; CONQUERED.
7; BELLE-MERÉ.
9; BAMBINOS.
10; TEMERITY.
11; ARRANGED.
12; HENNA-PARTY.
13; FRITH.
14; JEALOUSY.
15; PICTURES.
16; FASTENED.
17; RUBY.
18; QUELLING.
19; EXTINGUISHED.
20; BLUE BLOOD.
21; TWO WOMEN.
22; ENTRUSTED.
23; AFFRONT.
24; MISSION.
25; NEW ZEALAND.
Okadabooks!

8; CLOSURE.

2.1K 574 189
By aishatu_xx

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"A minute please." She stood up and went to him, he passed Anaan to Kauthar and move to go to the other living room that has medallion furniture along with cream walls.

"What are they talking about?" He scrunched his brows deeply and they became straight which happens whenever he is confused about something or is forcing himself to concentrate.

"Uh, your fiancée came yesterday to collect her outfits with her sisters and gave me the invitation card with some pleas that I should be there." She explained and jump on the balls of her feet in unease, awaiting his response.

"And you are going?" He questioned, not getting why she wants to go there when he is bringing another person in their lives.

As far as he knows, she is a very jealous person but she never threw any tantrum since she heard about it. He was awaiting that for a long time but it hasn't come and now she wants to be there? Unbelievable!

"Yeah, I'm strong." She rolled her eyes.

"Sure you are." He rolled them right back before snaking his right arm and draw her effortlessly into his chest. She slammed hard on it making her wince and glare at him, ruining what was supposed to be a romantic moments between them.

"I told you to stop doing this, my forehead is sensitive." She rubbed her forehead and adjust her head tie before smiling seductively and move her hands to his face. She caressed his cheeks down his jaw then move it to her neck and scrunch it down so she could kiss him.

"I didn't see anything." They jumped away from each other and look at the door where Amir stood with his hands up in surrender.

"Dematerialize." Mika'il mumbled and dip his head back to claim her lips not caring whether his kid brother has left or not. No one asked him to bump into the room when married couple are there.

Amir quickly left the room, they are used to bumping into them whenever they are in the house so he wasn't surprised but didn't like what he saw. He hates public display of affection which they are very fond of. Even his sisters are fond of it as they won't stop awwing for the rest of the night.

"Let's play never have I ever!" Afrah suddenly yelled with so much enthusiasm and a huge smile that no one could turn down so they all agreed and sat down in circles.

"Bring six cup of coffee, Nadia." Hajiya Khadija said to the intercom next to her, willing to participate in the game as par their insistence. That is not the first time they play together and it is also isn't the last. It is like a tradition that happens whenever the Masari's are in on place.

"Who will go first?" Afrah asked, adjusting her medical glasses sitting atop her nose like wicked lecturers looking for their next prey.

"Me, I'll go first." Kauthar cleared her throat and kept her phone to the side then watch as the maid, Nadia walked in with a white tray and six mugs of coffee sitting on it. Each mug has their name and picture in the house and when Amani married Mika'il, her mother in-law was quick to add another cup like hers. Amani feels at home everytime she is there.

"Throw your shot." Amir narrowed his eyes and took his mug. He is wearing a red short sleeve dress shirt and grey sweatpants.

"Never have I ever stolen meat from the pot." Everyone in the room took a sip of their coffee, even Hajiya Khadija.

"Mom, even you?" Afrah laughed seeing her mom shrug innocently then grinned but didn't say anything so they know she will say she did it when she was young like them.

"Never have I ever bunked classes." Amir was the next person and everyone took a sip except Hajiya Khadija who narrowed her eyes at her kids in silent scold.

"So that is what you guys do when we send you to school huh? You bunked classes huh? Your father will hear this and see where his money is going." She exaggerated before asking them to continue while they only keep asking for forgiveness that she should not tell their father and Amani laughed.

"Even you." Hajiya Khadija pointed an accusing finger at Amani and she was quick to sober up and muster her best puppy dog eyes.

"Belle-Meré, you know I just sipped it because my husband did." She put the whole blame on Mika'il and he let his mouth hang agape at her open hypocrisy. He was about to comment but she gave him a seductive grin that has him recoiling.

"Never have I ever checked someone's private chat." Mika'il threw, giving a death glare at Amani who took her cup and sip it long then look at her mother in-law doing the same

"Why are you sipping it, belle meré?" Amani asked with a laugh rumbling from her throat at the thought of her mother in-law peeking into someone else's chats, hilarious.

"I did that when I was in love with your father." She shrugged and continue to sip the coffee then kept it aside listening to her children laugh at her words. She's always been open minded and likes talking just so she could hear them laugh.

"You mean you are not in love now?" Amir raised a mocking funny bushy brow at his mother who shrugged her lean shoulders again.

The woman will pass as a thirty something year old. She has petite frame and beautiful features.

"You could say that." She tighten her lips wanting to look all cute in a mocking way.

"Daddy! Daddy!! Daddy!!! You need to come down here now." Amani yelled in a bratty tone at her father in-law knowing he's come back and has followed through the back door so he won't disturb them, she has given him enough time to sleep, now he needs to come down and listen to her rants.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She heard his voice coming from the stairs with amusement lingering in his words.

"Belle-meré just said she is not in love anymore. I also couldn't believe it so I had to call you so she can say it in front of you. Maybe I was hearing things but you can differentiate." She grinned widely at Alhaji Malik Masari who sat himself next to his wife on the couch and gave her a look only they know what it means. He kissed her jaw gently then sat down with a stern look. As though he wasn't the one that looks awestruck seconds ago.

Alhaji Malik Masari is her father in-law but the best one out there. He's been her father's best friend since forever but she's never met his family till after her marriage was arranged some months later. He has been chilled and took her in like his own daughter or even closer than his daughters. She's the one that even brought them closer to each other, they were not as closer before she made appearance.

He is a man of few words and a great surgeon. He is very popular around the country as his work hardly fails with the help of Allah. Being a renowned doctor makes him busy and everyone needs to book before getting an appointment. That never stops him from giving time to his family though, he has always been there for them.

Amani is the one who brought the family closer when they thought their father isn't the funny type but he is. The first time she visit them as a new bride and they had dinner together when she cracked a joke with him and the children held their breath wanting to know what he will do since they've never tried that. He laughed and threw his comment making the children relax their tensed shoulders and from then, they started making joke around with him.

"Is that true, Dija?" The children murmured an aww when he called her with the nickname he likes calling her with when he feels like being romantic.

He said he heard one of her ex boyfriends calling her and he got jealous then started calling her when she refused to listen to him and she turned around to talk to him when he called her that. She said she's always loved the name ever since she was young and when her parents don't get to her, they coax her with the name.

"That is not really true. Your daughter there wants to cause trouble because she is bored." Hajiya Khadija narrowed her eyes at her daughter in-law who smiled cheekily at them.

"It better not be or I will have to remove my heart." Cliché, the children roared and everyone laughed before they were called to have dinner.

After dinner, Amani is not ready to leave so she went to her mother in-law's room so they can continue from where they stopped. She lie down on the plush king sized bed. Her mother in-law's room theme is cinnamon and peanut color which is so attractive. The room is huge with walk in closer by the far end, a bathroom by the side of it and any other thing a woman will need in her room. There is a set of cinnamon sofas by another end of the room along with a chaise in front of the bed. A peanut coloured carpet is spread around the room.

"Lock the door or he will disturb us." Her mother in-law said to her and she immediately stood up and locked the door so Mika'il won't force them to leave when he starts missing her.

"So what do you think about me going to the wedding? Do you think I should go or just stay at home and chill?" She raised a brow and lie her head on her mother in-law's thigh and she started massaging her full natural Fulani hair.

"You should go since she invited you and you can't come up as a weak woman who can't stand her husband getting married. You should show your support and always smile, you don't know who will capture a photo of you frowning and have a bad caption." Her mother in-law chuckled at the last part knowing how the kids make it to social media all the time.

"I know right. I will go there and rock the wedding, Belle meré." She grinned up at her role model.

"Show me the clothes you are going to wear. You need my approval." And she did just start. She's taken photos of the sketches so she gave her her phone so she can check them.

With that, they continue to choose the clothes she should wear and she ended up selecting the ones her friend's asked her to wear. Amani feels so lucky to have her mother in-laws support along with her sisters in-law. She feels more strength on her knees and knew she will go to that wedding and support her husband fifty percent. She will show those rich brats that she is no weak woman and she finds happiness in what makes her husband happy.

"I love you so much, Belle meré. You know that right?" Amani sat up and hugged her mother in-law tightly who smiled fondly and hugged her back.

She's liked Amani ever since the marriage was arranged as she's met her when she was younger. Her and Amani's were friends but then Amani's mother became too busy with her work and their friendship falter along the way. Hajiya Khadija is a housewife and she loves being there whenever her children come home so being a housewife really don't bother her. She runs an orphanage alongside her sisters so it takes her time away when her children and husband are not there.

"I love you too, and you know that." She moved back and smiled which held so much adoration.

"Now, let's go down before that bull bang on this door. He wants us to spend sometime together before he gets married again." Amani chuckled as if him getting married didn't hurt her when it does all the time.

"I don't know why he wants to get married. I told him to tell me the reason and he refused. I wanted to bring a wife for him from some village, at least, she will be respectful. I don't like those rich kids, honestly I can't stand them." Hajiya Khadija explained but Amani only wanted to tease her so she said.

"You wanted to bring a wife for him? How cool, Belle meré." She pouted her lips and her mother in-law's eyes widen.

"I didn't mean that. I just don't like the thought of him bringing a President's daughter to our home, it feels somehow." She chuckled a little and Amani only laughed before they got down from the bed and opened the door where Mika'il's angry face popped out from.

"I was about to bring a bulldozer and run this room over. You guys have been in there for the whole night and it's already 11PM. Dad is looking around for you and thankfully I thought about you two being together. You, let's go." He said the last words to Amani then a goodbye and love you to his mother then they disappeared from the house with Anaan in his arms.

Hiya!
Thank you so much for 4K, it means a lot guys❤️ Keep commenting and voting. Don't worry, I'll start updating rapidly soon.
RQ; Where do you live? I live in Kaduna.

Sayonara✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 790 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
42.9K 5.9K 42
He turned abruptly to face her, she was already getting on his nerves. "What in the name of Allah is wrong with you?" he asked with a sigh."You don'...
5.2K 748 22
A WORK OF FICTION. Tales Of The Heart could come in different forms. My story might be different from yours, her story may be similar to yours, our s...
285K 49.7K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...