Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

Namifangurl07 द्वारा

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... अधिक

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH3 - Like brother like sister
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
🖍🎨 Drawings 🎨🖍
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH25 - What's important. . .?
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2
CH50 - Weird Days Happens
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH6 - The First Case

430 20 7
Namifangurl07 द्वारा

The alarm of the Spirit World's Security system was ringing through the entire place as the footsteps of the bodyguards echoed in the long hallways. As they hurried over to their destination a large muscular figure with glowing red eyes was in the middle of crushing an ogre's head within his grasp.

"Alright Goki. That's enough." One of the people in the shadow told the demon guy.

"Yes, our time is short." Reminded the second person. Goki got the message at last and let the ogre go and run after the two, leaving the room filled with knocked out ogre guards on the floor and the table in the middle empty from the three objects that could possibly cause the end of the Human World.

_________________________________________________________

"Please don't leave me!" The first thing I heard in the morning. With all my strength I lifted my heavy eyelids up, only to meet with my mother's worried face.

"What's the deal?" I groggily asked as one of my hands rubbed my eyes. A long pause took over before she spoke again.

"You're back." Mom said quietly before falling back to the floor and began crying like a baby. "Thank goodness."

"Yes mother, I am alive just like yesterday." I sighed before I raised myself up to a sitting position. I went for my alarm clock to see what time it is.

"Don't normal people sleep at six?" I asked as my tired eyes tried their best to stay open.

"But I. . ." I turned to my weeping mother. "But I had a dream where you asked to go away. . . because of me. . . " Then she cried even harder. I let out a yawn as I rubbed the top of my head. 

She has done this every morning since I came back to life, but I can't say I blame her for it.
I also can't really complain since she also arranged me back to school.

After breakfast and getting my bag, I went to the door where Miyuki has already been waiting for me in her usual blue school uniform.

"Morning sis!" I greeted her, and she acknowledges it with a small and mute nod as usual. I just sighed but again didn't complain.

As both of us were walking to school I see two boys from our class were talking and laughing. Then out of nowhere, I noticed a shining object in one of the boy's possession. It looked like a pen with a golden dragon curling up around it.
I admit it looked awesome. Taking that mental note of it I decided to greet them.

"Dude a golden dragon fountain pen?" Asked the guy with brunette hair as he held the said object in his hand. "I heard these things bring you good luck." He added before handing back the pen to the original owner.

"Yeah, my uncle gave it to me in his will." The pen owner said as he placed his precious property back into his bag.

"You're like a walking bank now." The guy from earlier said. "It's a good thing Urameshi is gone." Well, that's a nice thing to say to a guy who had been dead for weeks.

"Yeah." Four eyes agreed with a laugh. "He'd have beat me up, steal the pen and melt it down into gold coins."

"Or into a weapon." The brunette dude said before laughing. Looks like it's my cue to say something nice as well.

"Hey boys." I tapped one of them in the shoulder. "Mind if I join in the conversation?" As soon as they finally heard me, they froze and turn around with a shocked look on their faces.

"It's just. . . so clever." I said as I wrapped my arm around each of their shoulders and laugh like nothing.

"It's a ghost!" The boys screamed before running away from me. I, of course lost my balance and fall flat on the ground, face first. Jeez, what's wrong with these people?

"They act like I've been dead or something?" I grunted as I got myself back to my feet and brushed the dust off of my clothes.

"Hn." I heard my sister hum loudly who just walked forward, but not before scolding me through her eyes. Great, my antisocial robot is back once more.

"Let's be honest Yusuke, I don't think they felt much safer around you before." Someone said that behind me, with a voice that I would recognize within a heartbeat. I turned around and saw. . . .

"You just didn't care." She said with her usual serious expression I would receive almost every day of my life.

"Keiko." I said her name as memories from last week began to flash in front of my eyes. My body lying on the bed motionless and glowing while Keiko gave the life energy, I needed in order to return back to the living.

I might be lying if I say I didn't like our very first kiss. . .

"Why are you staring at me for?" Her question snapped me out of my daydream.

"Oh, no reason." I told her as I turned away, scratching my cheek as a small shy smile began to paint it's way up to my face.

"If it's about the skirt, I don't wanna hear it." Keiko glared at me before walking up ahead of me.

"Hey, but it wasn't." I try to reason as I get my bag off the ground and follow her and my sister.

_________________________________________________________

Right after we got into the building my brother dearest decided to skip again. We had gym class in the first period but I was in the school's nursing room instead to ask for some new bandages to cover my arm up. Even if it was all healed up my doctor said I still should take it easy, so for that, he wrote me a paper that said I was free from P.E. for a few days until they say it is safe enough to use that arm again.

Once the class almost reached the end, I went up to the roof to fetch my brother up and escort him into our next class.

"We're here." Yusuke said lazily as we both entered the room. His yawning and starching made my eyes twitch a little with irritation. Seriously, this brat is going to be the death of me. Before I can silently complain any further, I noticed how the class was staring at me and Yusuke with accusations and suspicion.

"Alright, what's with the stares?" Yusuke asked with annoyance dripping from his tone as he also noticed the odd looks of our classmates. Keiko suddenly gasped and run up beside us.

"You guys think Yusuke and Miyuki did it?" Keiko asked in disbelief, making me rose an eyebrow at this. What is she talking about? "They're no thieves." She defended us rising up even more questions.

"He is a thug Keiko." The boy with glasses said as he looked at my brother. " And I don't know that there's much of a difference. He did skip gym." Then his attention went to me. "So, did she." Then he pointed at my chains that were around my neck. "If she is not a thief than how come her cheap necklace has not been stolen?"

"Hn." I hummed bluntly at the stupid accusation and insult. "Last time I checked I was in the nurse's room changing the bandages on my arm." My hand then went up to rest on my hip. "If you want to blame someone then blame yourself for being foolish enough to bring that expensive pen of yours to just show off."
The boy with glasses expression twisted into a furious expression like I just insulted his mother or something.

"Why you little. . . " He began but Yusuke cut him off.

"Watch your mouth when you talk to my sibling!" Yusuke threatened as one fist is raised up in the air. The door slammed open and a teacher, to be more specific, Mr. Iwamoto came in.

"Hey, what's this racket about?" He asked. Well, that's convenient.

The next thing I know, my brother and I were dragged by Mr. Iwamoto and pushed us into his office.

"Get off me lung head, we didn't do it!" Yusuke shouted at the pathetic excuse of a teacher who replied with a punch on my brother's cheek.

"Don't lie!" Mr. Iwamoto snapped at him. A small amount of blood escaped from my brother's lip that he quickly wiped away.

"Mr. Iwamoto, I trust you found evidence before punishing?" Mr. Takanaka asked who just appeared through the door.

"Yes, all the evidence I need Mr. Takanaka, there is no trouble at school when they're gone, but the minute one of them or both of them show up, look what we have." That pig answered as he turned back to us.

"I think he meant real evidence sir, not just simple conclusions that you can jump on so easily." I cut into it without feeling any regrets.

"You hold your tongue when the adults are talking!" Iwamoto glared down at me, but I just stared at him with a stoic expression. "Besides you and your poisonous wheat like brother were the only students that skipped gym when the items were stolen. Must have learned this trick from that tramp mother of yours."

That insult hit me more than anything. I feel my blood boiling, but I showed no sign of anger in my body language besides the eyes that wanted to shoot daggers at this excuse of a human being. However, Yusuke beside me has some trouble keeping himself from being pissed so easily.

"You can do whatever you want to me." Yusuke growled as I watched him shake with anger.

Oh no, this is not good.

"But I won't let you lie about my mother and sister!" He shouted and before I can do anything his fist was already shot upright to the teacher's direction.

Suddenly and thankfully, the world around got frozen in time. Litterally.

"Hey, guys!" Koenma appeared out in the thin air making Yusuke stumble upon his feet and stop let his fist fall from his original aim.

"Koenma!" Yusuke cried out in surprise.

"Have I got a big case for you two!" Koenma shouted urgently. "Three criminals have stolen the great artifacts of darkness from my father's vault, make slush out of the guards, and escape to the living world!" The toddler was yelling so loudly like he had just woken up from his baby nap.

"Can't you see I'm busy with this asshole here?!" Yusuke asked, but realizing he was still there I covered his mouth with my hand in reflex.

"Don't worry about him, right now he can't see or hear us." Koenma explained making me feel a little bit at ease and let go of my brother's big mouth.

"Well anyway, can't you call back later or something-" "STUPID! This is much more important!" Koenma scold cut my brother off.

"If these three artifacts are used to their potential, the entire living world will be in a state of chaos and suffering." The spirit toddler continued on. "Lost lives, captured souls and a bunch of other unpleasant things, got it?"

"We are not going anywhere for any theft case until we clear up our own." Yusuke pointed out.

"Well, there's your culprit right there." Koenma said as he pointed at the teacher in front of us.

Why am I not surprised in the slightest bit?

"Take out your psychic spyglass and look into his left pocket." Koenma instructed. Without a word, Yusuke pulled a small object out of his pocket which oddly looked similar to a monocle. He looked through it for a second before his eyes widen in shock.

"I don't believe it." I hear him murmur.

"Now hurry up and do your thing!" Koenma yelled at us hurriedly. All of a sudden everything started to move again. Yusuke immediately went for Iwamoto's pocket and pulled out the pen with the golden dragon on it.

"An explanation Mr. Iwamoto?" Mr. Takanaka asked as I watched the now nervous Iwamoto sweating and shaking a little.

"Isn't it obvious?" Iwamoto asked as he pointed at me and my sibling. "These master thieves slipped it into my pocket." He defended himself but I saw through his lies. His voice was filled with nervousness as his forehead began to sweat. "Yes, in fact, I am so mad about it I can't even look at them anymore." With that stupid excuse, he turned on his heels and walked out of the office in a hurry with Takanaka following him and questioning him. It didn't take me and Yusuke long to leave the room as well.

"He really tried to set us up!" Yusuke growled as he clenched his fists.

"You've been freed from the charge, now go to work!" Koenma started. Yusuke of course didn't want to leave it like this.

"Okay, but first, he pays." Said my brother as he punched the palm of his hand. Typical.

"You can't just assault a teacher in the open you know, especially now that we've been set free." I reminded the stupid punk.

"Miyuki is right Yusuke." Koenma agreed with my statement.

"But I can't just let him go like that!" Yusuke said, irritated.

"Then attack him invisibly." Koenma suggested earning an odd look from Yusuke.

"Give me a break! Do I look invisible?" My brother asked now annoyed.

"It's one of your new abilities." Koenma informed us. "Yusuke, try and take control of your spirit energy and gather as much into your index finger." He instructed my brother who did as he was told. I watched it all closely. Suddenly the tip of his index finger began to glow like it was a small candle but with a blue light.

"Hey, it's getting warm. " Yusuke gasped a little.

"Good, now all you have to do is aim and shoot." The toddler said. "Imagine the trigger in your mind and pull it."

"Pull, huh?" Yusuke replied a little unsure but he did it anyway. He aimed his spiritual weapon at the back of Iwamoto's head. The small ball of energy shoot through the sky like a falling star and hit the teacher hard like someone had punched him.
I can't help but feel satisfied with the results of this attack.

"It worked." My brother said with a surprised face.

"It's your Spirit Gun." Koenma told Yusuke.

"My what?" Yusuke asked puzzled.

"A human being, as I've explained before, emits both body and spirit energy." Koenma began explaining.

"While a ghost, you became more aware of your spirit energy and can channel it into your finger, hence the Spirit Gun." The toddler then turned to my direction. "In Miyuki's case, however, hers is different." He then paused for a second. "The Spirit Gun is far more powerful than a normal punch, but until you increase your spirit muscles, so to speak, you can only use it once a day. Same goes for you with your abilities Miyuki, but it will take a lot to time for you to learn it. "

I looked down at my hands and just stared at them. Well, this is great, this means I am only useful with my throwing knives and fists, which won't be enough if powerful spiritual weapons are involved in this. Sure I still have my 'cursed' abilities, but I wasn't skilled enough.

Right now, we moved into the gym storage building where no one can see us.

"Your chief concern will be recovering the items." Koenma began as around and purple ghost screen was projected in front of us. "The Shadow Sword will make a monster from whoever it cuts. The Forlorn Hope emits a cryptic power at full moon, and the Orb of Baast can capture living souls, especially those of children. " He listed the artifacts as the projector also revealed how do they look like visually.

"Cheery, who came up with that one?" Yusuke mused.

"Understand Yusuke, Miyuki, these artifacts were forged from darkness and pray on the weak and desperate. They were created eons ago by the universe itself and serve as a vital role as a balancing life, but in the wrong hands, they can also destroy, tip the scale towards evil." Koenma continued on as the picture of the three artifacts disappeared. "Get them guys. As living humans your best chance, we got while they are on Earth." I turned to my brother who also looked at me. Both nodding to each other we turned to the toddler.

"Don't say anything more." Yusuke began confidently as we got up from our seat. "You brought me back to life right? And with my sister's help, I guess we need to do something to earn our keep. "

Koenma nodded his head to us. "It's in your hands."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Collision of Heaven and Hell ✅ Terra_Cody द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

187 39 21
"A sword will only be as strong as the sheath that will keep it from breaking when it is at rest." *** As the daughter of a yakuza shatei, Mai knew t...
19.3K 233 29
Loosing someone that meant everything to you is a hard obstacle in live. Sadness, loneliness, anger, and longing that fill the heart like water sp...
971 46 17
The demon breathed heavily as he struggled to keep himself steady. "How? . . . When?" "Hmpf," Miyuki only smirked at his way. "Next time, you should...
10.9K 581 34
(Y/N)/Ghost Rider: "Look into my eyes...your soul stained by the bloods of innocent...Feel their pain.~" My name is (Y/N) (L/N) Blaze...and I am Ghos...