Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

By Namifangurl07

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH6 - The First Case
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽจ Drawings ๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ–
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH25 - What's important. . .?
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2
CH50 - Weird Days Happens
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH3 - Like brother like sister

484 24 9
By Namifangurl07

It was a nice and peaceful afternoon near at the building of Sarayashiki Junior High. Yusuke and Botan were floating in the air above Keiko and Miyuki who were walking on the street.

"I think I can feel this thing kicking." Yusuke said in amazement as he was staring at his golden egg.

"Maybe it's practicing to devour you." Botan teased the spirit boy.

"No, not this little guy." Yusuke said as he began stroking the egg like it was his baby. "He was growing on nothing but good vibes from me. I've been on my best behaviour."

"Well, we'll see." Botan said.

"This ordeal is tough though." Said Yusuke as he put the egg away. "I mean as hard as trying, I can't think of a damn good thing to do." He whined, clearly bored out of his mind as he watched his little sister and childhood friend from afar.

"Now I don't think you'll become a good Samaritan just by following your sister and the girl you've got a crush on." Botan reminded the boy. Her last sentence made Yusuke snap at the young Grim Reaper.

"I don't have a crush on Keiko." The boy defended himself. "We're just friends." The excuse made Botan giggle at the now pouting teen. "I just feel something bad is going to happen to them."

"I get why you have a bad feeling." Botan said as she began smiling widely but in a teasing matter. "It's called will Keiko like another boy while Miyuki finds her first love." Yusuke growled at the blue-haired girl but then suddenly Keiko let out a scream which got their attention fast. They looked down to see three thugs standing in front of Miyuki with Keiko hiding behind her in fright.

"Hey, this is a toll road ladies." The tallest person said. "Give us five hundred dollars and we'll let you pass by."

"Or I'm sure we could find other ways for you two to pay." Said the other with a mask over his mouth. His eyes hungrily eyeing the girls' body which didn't go unnoticed by the young Urameshi girl.

"Leave us alone." Keiko pleaded as she cowered backward, but she refused to leave because she didn't want Miyuki to deal with these people. Yusuke infuriated flew over and raised his fist up in the air, ready for killing those guys.

"BASTARDS!" He shouted and now he was close enough to hit them, but as usual, it went through the people's face.

"Maybe I'll let you see what's under my mask." The masked guy said as he walked closer to Miyuki.

"That's easy, bad breath along with an asshole that you call a mouth." Miyuki commented unfazed by the guys' threatening looks.

"You should watch your tongue little girl." The third member of the gang warned. "It would be a shame to hurt that pretty face of yours."

"Save your breath. You'll probably need it to blow up your next date. " The black-haired girl continued on with a deadpan. "Also don't you have better things to do? Because you already wasted an entire lifetime to be a jerk."

"Why you little bitch!" The thug finally had enough of it and grabbed Miyuki by the collar.

"Miyuki!" Keiko cried out in fear while Yusuke watched it all unfold helplessly and angrily.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The Urameshi girl apologized half-heartedly with a little bit of sarcasm. "I didn't know I care."

"HEY! TAKE YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF MY SISTER!" Yusuke shouted as he went for another punch-.

"Hands off!" A voice yelled behind the girls that caught the group of thugs' attention. Everyone turned to the voice's source. It was Kuwabara and his gang.

"Uh, Kuwabara." Yusuke murmured as the said gang leader got closer to the bad guys. The thug with the mask released his grasp from Miyuki who immediately backed away, but stayed in front of Keiko to protect her.

"I take it you guys are from Kazanaka Junior High, cause that's where all the idiots go to school." Kuwabara stated before turning to the girls. "It's okay girls, go home, now."

"But we don't even. . ." Keiko trailed off but Kuwabara cut her off.

"Let's just call it an apology for yesterday." He said reassuringly, earning a weak nod from the brunette girl.

"Thank you." Keiko thanked him before she dragged Miyuki from the area and left. The boys and the spirits let out a sigh of relief once both girls were gone. Kuwabara and his gangs turned to the other group of boys.

"You know, I really can't stand it when guys pick on someone weaker than them, but I'll just have to do it to you anyways." Said Kuwabara as he raised his fists up in the air, he and his buddies ready to fight.

"You little-!" The tall guy said and immediately began to charge himself at the gang leader. However, as his fist hit the orange-haired teen's stomach, Kuwabara didn't even flinch. The so-called punch didn't even hurt him at all. The leader laughed at this before returning his enemy's gesture but with more strength and speed. Soon the war broke out. Some of them were just punching and kicking one another while some were even wrestling on the grass.

"Against normal people, Kuwabara is pretty good." Yusuke commented as a small impressed smile planted its way upon his face.

"Go for the kidneys." Botan said as she was cheering for Kuwabara and his team.

_________________________________________________________

Fast forward to the next day, I was sitting on the school's roof with a book in hand while eating my food quietly. I should probably come more often. It's so quiet and peaceful up here.
Might as well hang out with my brother once he is back from the dead. Still, it's hard to believe that he will really come back.

Just like the phoenix in this book. The Phoenix of Light.

The fiery and majestic mystical creature who would rose up from its own ashes. What I really admire in this creature that right after it jumps into the flames it would rise again on its own power, without anyone else's help. . .

. . . It inspired me to be that way myself. . .

To be strong. . . But so far, my journey to be that strong person, I want to be didn't go so successfully. Was it something that I am doing wrong or something is missing from all of this. . .?

With a sigh, I placed my favourite bookmark between the pages and closed the book. Even with my photographic memory, I would still love to have this beauty in my hands because to me, it was a treasure with the ring. And even still I would find the stories and legends of that beautiful mystical creature fascinating. 

Making my way toward my next class my eyes caught three familiar-looking figures looking inside the classroom where I am currently heading.

"If he thinks too hard with that bruised head of his, it might explode." The boy, Sawamura I believe commented.

"Yeah, I am worried." Added Okubo. I rose an eyebrow at their behaviour. I was about to tap one of the boys on the shoulder but the footsteps behind me stopped me. I took a secret glance over my shoulder only to see that smug and stupid rabbit face who calls himself an excuse of a teacher.

"Ha, even if Kuwabara's studies until he is blown in the face, he still could not score more than 30 points on this." He then laughed to himself before leaving completely. I glared at the back of Mr. Akashi's head before finally turning to the boys.

I tapped Sawamura on the shoulder making him and his friends turn to me in surprise.

"O-oh, Ms. Urameshi." Said one of them as they cleared the path for me. I gave a weak nod to them before walking in. As I was going to my desk, I see Kuwabara. . . studying hard. Well, that's something you don't see every day.

"O-oh, hey Miyuki!" Kazuma greeted me with a small wave in his usual goofy and idiotic way as his face flushed pink. I scoffed at him and just went to my desk, continuing on my day without any issue. However, it still didn't stop me from thinking about that Carrot Head and his friends. They must have got themselves into some kind of trouble with Mr. Akashi. I don't know what it is but it probably has to do with the upcoming science exam that I heard not too long ago from one of those girls' classmates that are friends with Keiko.

But I didn't care much about it. Like I would help that stupid punk after the ridiculous stunt he had pulled on me, but either way, I can't really do much since I already have a bad history with that stupid rabbit. To make it clear, the teacher and his comrade Mr. Iwamoto took a strong dislike towards me. Main reason is for being, you guessed it, the poisonous Urameshi's sister, and in their mind, I am just as bad as he is like I am some kind of second clone of his personality, which was stupid.

Seriously, I at times wonder how those jerk wads even got a teacher license in the first place.

As the days went by, I noticed how Kuwabara would gain fresh and new bruises on his face while studying like his life depends on it.

Fast forward to a new day I was walking over to school alone this time. I saw Kuwabara a few miles away from me walking casually with a school bag in one hand while the other held up a book under his nose. Well, he is determent that's for sure-.

"OUT OF MY WAY!" A thug shouted at me as he pushed me away, harshly. That shove made me hit the wall near me. I winched in pain before looking up to see the gang chasing Kuwabara who is oblivious of those jerks' existence.

Oh no. 

If they are going to catch him now, he will miss today's Science exam. Probably something that Mr. Akashi is looking forward to. I may not like that Stupid Orange Head after what he had done, but there is no way in hell I am going to let that teacher have his satisfaction just like in the way he did with my brother's death.

I quickly got up my feet and did something that I never thought I would ever do in front of people, let alone for another person. I run after the attackers at full speed, and as my good old brother, I prepare myself for a good punchline. Now, this is a good chance of paying my debt to Kuwabara for saving me and Keiko a few days earlier.

Ten feet away. . . now five. . . I am getting closer to stop those bastards.

"Wait 'til I catch you!" I shouted after them before jumping in the air high enough and raise my school bag high up that soon hit one of the thugs in the head, knocking him down to the ground. Now that got his friends' attention, finally getting off of my school mate's tail.

"You should have listened!" I warned them, my eyes glaring at the two.

"And you should go to school, girl." The curly-haired jerk spat back at me.

"As soon as I knock you out!" I growled back and without any hesitation slap him and his conscious friends with all my might and school bag. Before one of their butts reached the ground, I grabbed Curl's collar and rose it up in the air.

"Don't you know there is a test today, moron?!" I then raised my fist up and punched the idiot right in the face. His other friend captured me in his arms from behind but I head-butted him, forcing him to release his grasp on me. As fast as lighting I turned on my heels and sent another punch down to his stomach and knock him down. I sense a presence behind me and from the corner of my eye, I see a fist flying toward my face. I blocked it with my arm and kicked him right up in the face. The third thug, who I had knocked out earlier began to get up to his face, but I just lazily grabbed my bag from the floor and threw it at him, sending the long-faced bully right into the wooden fence. As his head smashed the wood into splinters, I took a good look at my surroundings.

All three boys down and I was out of breath. I just fought with these guys. How did I even managed to even pull myself with these combat skills. . . I don't really know. . .

Huh,. . . fighting genes must runs in the family, I guess.

Then I remembered why I had done it in the first place.

"Kuwabara. . . " I breathed out as I looked at the said teen who by the looks of it didn't notice any of this. I let out a sigh of relief and picked up my bag.

"WAY TO GO SIS!" I hear someone shout, but it sounded so faint. Not only that but that strange feeling returned as well, making me turn around and look at the person. But I saw no one besides those unconscious bastards.

Wait, sis? The only person who would call me that was Yu-Yu. . .

I shook my head and just continued on my merry way.

As I reached the classroom, I saw Keiko waving her hands in my direction.

"Hey, Miyuki!" She greeted me. I sent a weak nod back to her before sitting down on my desk.

"So, how are you? Did something exciting happened recently?" She asked curiously as usual. I just exhaled before giving a small shake of ahead.

"Oh, nothing." Was all I replied as my left hand began to play with the ring that is hanging around my neck.  "Nothing at all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

858 4 21
๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”žTW: this book contains smut, strong language, sexual assault, and mention of abuse. ๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ž I'm going to try to update at least once a week. Credit...
80.5K 3.7K 45
Not all light is good Not all dark is evil. Hotaru Nakajima was not born to be soft. She was born to make the world shatter and shake at her fingert...
318K 14.2K 109
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
31.3K 653 41
{Revision In process} [Warning] Early on you will most likely come across spelling errors and strange changes in the story. I may or may not go back...