Symphony || Remus Lupin

By MASinclair

[COMPLETED] --- A story about a Lestrange who is not quite as she seems and a werewolf who just can't help... More

I | Prologue
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX | Epilogue
Special | After All This Time
Final Word

Special | Valentine's Day

9.9K 299 344
By MASinclair

Okay, so just in case some of you are confused, Remus and Myra get together about a week and a couple of days before Valentine's day and this is on Valentine's day. Enjoy!

---

"MYRA! WAKE THE FUCK UP!"

Myra jolted awake and rolled out of the bed. She opened her groggy eyes to see Marlene standing above her with a muggle megaphone in her hand. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her knuckles.

"Why?" She croaked.

"I needed to. I'm doing your makeup." Myra groaned and lay down on the floor.

"You did that already for my birthday," She protested, "You said you won't do it again."

"I have to make you pretty."

"Everyone is going to be wearing makeup. I don't want to wear it." Marlene stopped, putting a thoughtful expression on her face before breaking out into a smile.

"Alright," She said, grinning, "No makeup for you. But I'm choosing your outfit. It's Hogsmeade and Remus will probably take you if he's a good boyfriend."

"Good." She clambered to her feet and caught a glance of her in their floor-length mirror. Her hair was disheveled and she had bags under her eyes. Myra dragged herself to the bathroom and washed her face. She combed her hair and tied it in a braid. With difficulty. Marlene had only taught her to braid her hair last year and, usually, Myra just tied it up in a ponytail.

When she got out, Marlene was sitting by the vanity table, delicately putting a line of eyeliner with a careful hand. Myra rummaged through her dresser for clothes. If what Marlene said was right, then Remus may or may not take her out. She wasn't really sure how this dating thing worked.

Nonetheless, she dressed up in a red-brown semi-thick turtleneck sweater, dark blue jeans with a brown belt with a silver buckle, and brown leather boots that went to her mid-calves. She carried a light-brown jacket with a fur hood and a pair of striped mittens just in case she went out.

When she got out of the bathroom, she found Marlene shrugging on a black winter jacket that went to her knees, a black-and-grey striped shirt with a dark red scarf matching her lipstick, black jeans, and small black boots.

"Let's go for breakfast. I'm starving," Myra suggested. Marlene nodded. As they walked down the stairs of the dorm, Marlene spoke.

"I told Katherine that I'd meet her in front of the Great Hall after breakfast, so I might leave you early." The pair stepped into the Common Room and made their way to the portrait door.

"That's fine. I'll be with either the Marauders or Remus."

Once they arrived at the Great Hall, Myra felt her eyes drag to two familiar figures sitting together. She saw the red-head look up at her and scowl before turning away. She felt her stomach drop as Marlene tugged her arm away.

"No thinking about her today. It's your special day and it's her fault that she's not spending it with Potter," Marlene told her, sitting next to her at the table. Her eyes looked over the heads, looking for a specific boy with brown hair. Her boy with brown hair.

Myra started serving her food. The elves had made a very Valentine's day themed breakfast. Red cakes dipped in syrup, pink cookies in the shape of hearts, jam sandwiches cut into hearts, and other things she couldn't see. She took a sandwich and started eating it slowly. Marlene had also taken a sandwich, but she took some of the cakes and cookies as well.

"I honestly don't know how you keep your shape," Myra remarked, watching Marlene dip a cookie in her glass of milk.

"Me neither. It just happens."

Another ten minutes pass and Myra was still eating the same sandwich, Marlene was cleaning off her plate, and Remus had still not arrived. Deflated, Myra finished her breakfast with a small glass of milk.

"Oh cheer up," Marlene said, "I bet he's planning something with the other boys and got caught up. He'll be here soon."

"Okay," She replied, glum. Five minutes inch by when she sees something odd.

A red, heart-shaped balloon rises into the air. The strange thing was, she couldn't see where it came from. It rose and rose, pushing away unlit candles until it hit the enchanted ceiling. It disappeared with a pop. Not even a second later, the walls of the Great Hall turn pink, the hard benches into red and pink loveseats with white lace, the floor into a thick red carpet, and small pieces of folded pink paper rain down from the sky. Myra caught one and unfolded it.

'Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Courtesy of the Marauders'

Myra felt a smile on her face as she tucked it into her pocket.

The students' awe was almost unmatched. They gazed up in wonder and fascination, many hands reaching up and grasping the papers. She saw Marlene comfortably relax against the chairs and sigh.

"I have to say," She stated, "This was one of their best yet."

"Your only saying that because you get a comfy chair." Myra teased, poking her side. Marlene wriggled away from her, complaining.

"If you tickle me, you get my foot in your face." She warned. Myra laughed.

"I'll take my chances."

Myra felt a pair of warm hands cover her eyes and she sighed. There were only three people she knew who were cheesy enough to do that and she didn't think that James and Sirius would cover her eyes on Valentine's Day.

"Really, Remus? How cheesy." She twisted in her chair to see Remus grinning down at her.

"How'd you like the prank?" He asked. Myra shrugged.

"You could've turned the teacher's robes pink and white. I would've killed to see McGonagall in a pink hat." Remus laughed and sat down next to her, putting things on his plate.

"Just because you're such an expert in charms doesn't mean you have to rub it in." He joked. Myra kept her smile up but inside, she was unsure if he was joking or not, whether he was genuinely annoyed at her. He must've seen her face because he stopped eating and held her hand in his.

"That's one of the things I love about you," He said seriously. She felt herself blush and stutter out a 'thank you'.

Myra wondered how only Remus could get her to blush, how only Remus could get her to feel good about herself. She wondered how in the world only Remus could make her feel this way.

∞-∞-∞

The pair of them walked slowly down the hill to Hogsmeade. After breakfast, when Marlene had left, Remus had grabbed Myra's hand and rushed her out of the Hall. Laughing to themselves, they ran through the corridors until they reached the Main Entrance. Then they slowed down to a walk.

They never let go of each others' hands.

"And that's the story of how my first pet fish died." Remus finished.

"That's a very morbid story for something like this," Myra said. They started to push through the crowds on the streets. At some point, Remus had put his entire arm around Myra and hugged her to his side. She hadn't protested.

They arrived at the Three Broomsticks. The rush of warm air greeted them as the door swung open, chattering groups of students and Madame Rosemerta weaving between tables, carrying trays of butterbeer and food. Remus and Myra went up to the counter where Madame Rosemerta had started wiping down.

"Hello!" She said cheerfully, "How can I help you?"

"Can we please get two butterbeers to go?" Remus asked politely.

"Coming right up!" While she turned to the kitchen, Myra dug into her pockets for her money. She found the correct amount and was about to put it on the table when she saw Remus placing his own before her.

"What are you doing?" She whispered to him.

"Paying." He whispered back, "Why are we whispering?"

"I don't know. But I should be the one paying."

"What sort of gentleman would I be if I let the woman pay?" Remus asked. Madame Rosemerta came back with two paper cups with a lid on them. Remus slid her the money and she tucked it into her pocket.

"Thank you 'Merta," Remus said.

"You're welcome dears! And Happy Valentine's Day!"

"Will do," Myra replied, "Thank you, again. Your hair looks really nice."

"Oh, you're such a sweetheart," She replied, gingerly touching her blonde locks. Myra walked back out of the store with Remus behind her. When she turned around to take her own drink, she saw him watching her with a soft smile.

"What?" She asked, her fingers curling around the warm cup.

"You're so nice to whoever you meet. It's really cute," He said, his hand automatically going around Myra. She blushed.

"Well, you're polite to everyone. And you're such a gentleman." She complimented back. Myra was secretly pleased to see his face turn the slightest bit pink. And she didn't think it was from the cold.

They walked through Hogsmeade, happily chatting about whatever came to mind. Occasionally, Remus would place a quick kiss on her head. Sometimes, she wished it was on her lips. They passed a new shop set up. It was a tea shop and Myra saw many couples inside.

"Do you want to go inside?" Remus asked. Myra looked inside through the windows. It was all pink and lace. Even the walls. Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. She made a face.

"No thanks. I don't even like tea." He let out a laugh.

"Okay. You know you're very expressive when you don't want something."

"Is this entire thing going to be about you complimenting me?" He shrugged, a smile teasing his lips.

"Maybe."

Myra spotted a store with a colorful sign and dragged Remus there. She didn't even look at what the sign said before rushing inside. Places with colorful signs tended to be good. Inside was not as packed as the Three Broomsticks or even the streets outside. That didn't mean that the shop was boring.

"Welcome to Zonko's," Remus announced, spreading his hands out and accidentally hitting someone. After his apologies, Myra walked around the store. She saw many of the products that the Marauders commonly used, like dung bombs, color-changing smoke, and so many others. She didn't even know half of them.

"This is so cool!" She squealed quietly. Remus chuckled.

"Of course it is. Why do you think we come here so often?"

They spent some more time at Zonko's before Remus insisting they leave. He said something about leaving before they get carried away with the crowds of people, but Myra suspected that he was planning something. They walked back up to the castle. But when Remus turned away from the path, walking through some shrubs, she knew that she had guessed correctly. Just when her feet were starting to hurt, Remus spoke.

"I don't know if this is moving a bit too fast in our relationship," Remus started, "But I've been wanting to do this for a while."

He pushed away a clump of dry grass and Myra gasped. In front of them was the lake. Except, they weren't on Hogwarts grounds. They were in a secluded area. The surface shimmered and sparkled in the mid-morning sun and there was a slight breeze blowing small waves to shore.

Remus had set up a picnic blanket under a willow tree whose lower branches brushed against the surface of the water, ripples dispersing through it. She looked at Remus and she saw him cautiously smiling at her.

"Do you like it?" He tentatively asked.

"'Do I like it?' Of course, I like it. I love it!" She lay down on the blanket, her head so close to the water that if she just reached out her hand, she could cup some in her palm. Remus lay down on his stomach next to her.

"I found this place a while back," He said, pulling up some grass in his hand, "I had ditched Potions and was wandering around when I found this place. I honestly don't know how. I used to come here to calm down, relax, get my mind off things."

"That's smart," She said quietly.

"I wanted to show you because I wanted this to be our place," He said. She turned her head fully to him, seeing a smile on his face, "If that's okay with you."

"It's okay," She said softly.

Myra felt the blanket shift as Remus edged a bit closer. Soon, their bodies were almost pressed together and their noses were inches apart.

"Is it okay..." He trailed off, his eyes darting down to her lips and back. She nodded just the slightest.

The gap between them closed as they leaned forward at the same time, their lips meeting. She felt the butterflies again, the sparks, the explosions, whatever you want to call them. She lost herself in the kiss, her hand going up to Remus' hair, running her fingers through it, their legs tangled together. She felt his hand cup her cheek, his thumb tracing her cheekbone.

When they pulled away, Remus rested his forehead against hers.

"I really like you," He said lowly. She let out a giggle, feels her heart nearly burst.

"I know. I like you too." He grinned and kissed her forehead.

"Do you want to head back?" She shook her head and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Not yet." Myra said, her voice slightly muffled, "I want to stay for a bit." She could feel Remus smile.

"Okay."

---

Writing fluff is so nice. 

But writing angst is better.

Question of the day: Do you like writing fluff or angst? ✨

💘 ❤️ ❣️ 💝 💕 💗 💞 💖 💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

921K 31K 63
"if i mean anything to you i'm sorry, but i've made up my mind." โœงmarauders era auโœง โœงuploaded 12/02/17โœง โœงcompleted 02/06/17โœง best ranking: #3 in fan...
30.8K 915 22
๐ผ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™, ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘›, ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘Ž ๐‘›๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ฆ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’... --------- A marauder'...
1.8M 47.8K 179
โœพ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโœพ โœงแดแด€ส€แด€แดœแด…แด‡ส€s แด‡ส€แด€โœง ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฉ...
20K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...