→𝓗𝓪𝓷𝓪𝓷𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗦𝗵...

By AriAirhead

Here's a compilation of short stories revolving our favorite couple! Nene Yashiro and Amane Yugi/Hanako deser... More

𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮
𝓡𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼≛
𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓾𝓽 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼⋆☆❀
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓚𝓸𝓴𝓴𝓾𝓻𝓲 𝓖𝓪𝓶𝓮⁎☆
𝓜𝔂 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭⁑✰
𝓑𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝓸 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽⋆☆❀
𝓢𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹𝔂 𝓢𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻⋆☆❀
𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝔂 𝓑𝓾𝓭𝓭𝔂⋆☆
𝓜𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓼⋆☆✦
𝓡𝓮𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓡𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵𝓼⋆☆
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓐 𝓝𝓸𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂⋆☆
𝓗𝓪𝓷𝓪𝓷𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼≛

𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓢𝓸𝓷𝓰⋆☆

1.9K 30 83
By AriAirhead

|Fix-it fanfiction|AU|No one dies|
|Way longer than this needed to be|2169 words|
!No proof reads!
|This is inspired by JubyPhonic's cover of the song "Lovesongs" originally by VocaCricus|
Aoi convinces Yashiro to join the talent show with her in order to impress people enough to make them stop bullying Nene's ankles and to help Yashiro win the affection of charming school princes. Last minute Aoi has to cancel but luckily there's someone to fill her place.

---------

The first thing Aoi heard when entering the classroom was the crying of her best friend; Nene Yashiro. The sun shone through the window causing Nene's cream colored hair to shine like a dull sun with her teal tips glistening slightly when caught in the large orb's rays. Most predominately the tears in the girl's reddish eyes sparkled like pearls in the deep sea only causing the blue haired girl's worry to deepen when she saw them roll down Nene's cheeks rapidly. Her posture was slouched with her head crooked to the side to look out the window at the building next over where Hanako was having homeroom.

Running to her side, Aoi began rubbing the girl's back in soothing circles asking what was wrong. Aoi's eyes were wide and filled with nothing but concern, her voice was incredibly soothing, so much in fact that to Nene it almost sounded like a worried mother comforting their child.

"Aoiiii-channn.." Yashiro sniffled as she quickly whipped her head in Aoi's direction, "I confessed to Nakayama-senpai..and he said no..and when I was walking away I heard Shinshi-san mock my ankles while asking why anyone would date me-- Wahhh!!"

Nene cried into her hands as Akane-chan wrapped her arms around her cream haired friend tightly, "Aw..Nene-chan..I'm sorry about that. Getting rejected and bullied in the same day sounds tough.."

"Well if it wasn't I wouldn't be crying so much.." Yashiro sighed as she wiped her tears from her face with a saddened hiccup.

Aoi thought for a moment as she gently released Nene from the hug. "We could always try impressing everyone! The talent show is coming up, you should enter with me!" The blue haired girl lit up at even the idea, bouncing up and down slightly.

"Ah, the talent show?? Aoi-chan that sounds fun but..I don't think sewing, or baking, or gardening is a talent you can really present at a talent show-"

"That's the thing!" Akane grabbed Yashiro's hands as she jumped up and down excitedly, "We can learn a new skill together! Singing! We could sing a duet! Learning a song sounds nice doesn't it?"

Nene thought for a moment about this idea. Learning a new skill sounded fun, but she knew she had bathroom duty, as usual. Of course she didn't have to go as she did it voluntary but that was her and Hanako's usual time to hangout and so she didn't particularly want to take up that time with learning some random song.

"Well I'm really busy this week! I wont be able to meet up to learn the song, but maybe you co-" Before Yashiro could finish with her excuse she was stopped by Aoi.

"That's no problem! We can assign lyrics to each other and practice them on our own so this way we don't have to meet up!" It was clear she wasn't letting this go.

With a defeated sigh Yashiro nodded her head causing Aoi to smile blissfully before sitting down as the teacher announced the starting of class.

The following week Yashiro dedicated all of her time to practicing the song. She'd practice the lyrics in between eating during lunch, she'd practice while walking to her classes during passing period, she'd practice on her way home from school, and she'd practice at home while and after doing her homework. The only time she wasn't practicing was during class and cleaning duty. Instead during cleaning duty Yashiro listened and even sung along to a song that she had found recently, and due to how many times it was played Amane found himself getting the song stuck in his head and he'd sometimes hum along to it.

But despite all of this hard work and practice Aoi had cancelled.
The day before her and Nene were supposed to preform.

Obviously this did not bode well with the radish girl and she vented to Hanako during all times of the day. Whether it was in the short exchanges they had during passing period, or in the form of the notes they'd pass to each other during class she would be talking to him about her concern for Aoi, how disappointing she was, and how she was still forced to preform.
Alone.

Although during that night Yashiro prayed and begged for the talent show to be canceled the next day she found herself backstage in a teal dress being drawn closer to her calling time one performance at a time.

Surprisingly all of other Nene's friends were apart of the talent show as well, even Tsukasa. 

Kou and Mitsuba did a tap dance routine together that ended in them kissing, Sakura did a mind reading routine by calling students up to the stage, and Tsukasa simply sung a song all about his love for his brother while dancing wildly. The only person close to her who hadn't decided to be apart of the talent show was Amane who was backstage with Yashiro trying to calm her down.

As a still very flustered and kind of sweaty Mitsuba touched up Yashiro's makeup and fixed up her hair, the oldest Yugi brother gave Nene a comforting smile while his older brother draped himself over him. All Sakura did was look at Hanako and Nene knowingly as Kou stared in awe at his pink haired boyfriend hard at work. All of this was happening as the voice of Akane-kun sung his heart out about how much he loved and adored his blue haired childhood friend.

Soon enough Mitsuba and Kou walked away to join the audience as Sakura drunk a cup of sweet tea she had gotten from who knows where, and Amane told his brother to join the audience which the youngest Yugi brother complied with after large amounts of convincing, "Aha, there's so much chaos, right Yashiro?" Hanako looked at Nene providing the daikon girl all of his undivided attention. 

"Ah...mhm." All she could really respond with was a nod as her eyes became captured by Amane's gaze.

"You know Yashiro..", The boy's smile grew wider as he spoke, "...I know you're going to do great. I'll be right there with you supporting you the whole way."

Yashiro groaned clearly not fully getting what he meant, "Hh..I wish Aoi-chan didn't cancel..if I go up there on my own all they're going to pay attention to is.." The girl's eyes looked down at her ankles before she quickly looked away, shaking her head rapidly.

Hanako laughed at her actions "Well you wont need to worry about preforming alone because..", Their names were then called out to preform. "...It looks like it's time..."
"...for our duet~!"

The cream haired girl's eyes widened as the space obsessed boy took her by the hand, "O-Our!? What do you mean our!? Why did they call out both of our names!?"

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh..", Amane giggled playfully, "Just go with the flow~"

Hanako pulled Nene to the stage as the beginning instrumental to a certain song played..
But it wasn't the original song her and Aoi were planning to sing..
It was the song her and Hanako would listen to during cleaning duty.

"Ah this song Isn't-"

"The flow~!", Amane smirked slightly as they both made their way to their microphone stands, "C'mooon~ I know you know the woooords!"

Yashiro looked at the boy, entirely entranced, "Amane.."

♩♫"What's it like when you're sky high? Soaring above city skylines? Is there really something for me, To reach for on cloud nine~?"♪♬

Hanako's voice spilled out in the form of a firm melody, not charming or soothing in the traditional sense but very much unique and so truly Amane that Yashiro couldn't stop herself from falling in love with his voice. 

♩♫"Tell me how it's the greatest, Feeling those butterflies in your chest, Hearts are hard to hearken, But here goes my best guess~"♪♬

Unlike Hanako's voice Yashiro's melodic vocal harmonies were sweet, soft, and gentle. Yugi adored the way her voice would hitch at the end of every lyric and how so often her voice would peak into a splendid soprano, though to some it could be seen as slightly obnoxious.

♩♫"It's like you're floating on air~ Without a dare to care~~ Fluttering fireworks, Every cliche in the book, Unabashed feels to take you anywhere"♪♬

Upon the mention of a book Hanako was reminded of his super awesome show-stopping glamorous amazing stunning beautiful gorgeous reliable dependable glorious stupendous outstanding extraordinary guide book.

♩♫"But I don't know where I'm supposed to go, These stories I've calculated to and fro, So tell me how you were swept off the groundIs it just like how all those songs~ sound?"♪♬

Now getting into the performance Yashiro gently picked up her microphone from the stand and swayed side to side as the instrumental played with Hanako then doing the same causing them to be right beside each other, albeit staring at the crowd.

♩♫"Hearing these lovesongs~
I just sing along~"♪♬

Amane cringed as he interrpreted the line as Nene forcing him to hear all about her crushes on charming princely boys who she didn't even know the names of and him going along with it trying to help her win them over despite how he truly felt.

♩♫"Something I don't quite comprehend, How come there's never a 'good end'!?Even with a wish to withstand,  The moments are fleet~ing~!"♪♬

Being reminded of all of her attempts at love that had never reached the good end she so desperately desired had caused Yashiro to deliver the line with more passion then what she knew was necessary.

♩♫"Eyes to lies lighting my night sky, Ways the shades fade and stay make you cry, Lasting lucky lost love,  Lets us do the chasing~"♪♬

This lyric had also hit home for Hanako as he lied to himself about his feelings for Nene when venting to the night sky, fueling his tears as he tries to keep himself from chasing his love so then Yashiro can chase her own.

Hanako then cut in again seeing Yashiro's sudden hesitation.

♩♫"But it's like~~ you're floating on air~ Without a dare to care~~"♪♬

Then it was Nene cutting in,

♩♫"Now you're the fish to hook"♪♬

Then it was Hanako once more,

♩♫"Every cliche in the book"♪♬

Then lastly Yashiro took a turn once more.

♩♫"Unabashed feels to lure us anywhere"♪♬

Their voices then came into a sweet harmony, complimenting each other beautifully.

♩♫"Now I don't know where I'm supposed to go, These stories I've calculated to and fro, So tell me how you were swept off the ground, Is it just like how all those songs~ sound?"♪♬

As the instrumental played once more Amane used his free hand to grab the hand Yashiro wasn't using to hold the mic and spun her around gleefully as a warm smile spread across their faces.

♩♫"Hearing these lovesongs~
  I just sing along~"♪♬

Hanako sung this as Nene's voice softly sung 'sing along' to backup his strong vocals. Carefully Amane let go of Yashiro's hand as he clutched the microphone with both hands.

♩♫"Sing~ Sing Those~ Those Love~ Love~ Love"♪♬

♩♫"Old Flames, New Doves Ex Pains, True Love, Lesson plans to understand, Break-ups, Let-downs, Hook-ups, Every rebound, Holding on too tight, I think we need time~"♪♬

The two sung this part together with Yashiro's voice being far louder than Amane's due to the fact he just wanted to listen to the song of her voice.

♩♫"But I don't know where I'm supposed to go, These stories I've calculated to and fro, So tell m- wah!"♪♬

Being the clumsy girl she was, Yashiro tripped over the microphone wire but before her body could collide with the ground she was caught and held bridal style by Amane causing Nene's face to fully flush. Despite how flustered she was she continued to sing.

 ♩♫"-how I got swept off the ground, When it's not like how all those songs~ sound?~"♪♬

Hanako chuckled about how accurate the lyrics were to the current position him and Nene were in. As the instrumental played for the final time he spun the girl around which ended in them both giggling bashfully, forgetting about the audience that was watching them or the talent show entirely. It was only the two of them and the song that spilled out from both of their lips.

♩♫"Singing this love song~ 
I knew it all along~ 
They got it all wrong~"♪♬

Once again as he sung the daikon girl's voice accompanied his own in the form of a soft 'ohhh~'.

♩♫"It's not like those lovesongs."♪♬

And with that final line they shared,
a kiss.

----------
Once again this was SUPER DUPER fun to write! I know it seems like I mention her a lot but koiizumii was the one who helped me out on hammering out how this whole one shot was going to be executed! My apologies that it's SO long, my one shots seem to be..super..duper..long.
But that just means that there's even more Hananene goodness!
I hope you enjoyed, and please leave a request in the request chapter! Thanks for reading~
Make sure to check out the song that inspired this too! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 1K 22
*CONTAINS MANGA SPOILERS* Manipulation, lying, fear. After Yashiro Nene becomes aware that her life is coming to an end, the trio struggle with how t...
41.3K 839 20
*Currently Editing* Inspired by the anime: Toilet Bound Hanako-kun HanaNene fanfiction #1 HanaNene Hanako, while trying to flirt and tease with Yash...
63.2K 1.1K 76
༺꧁꧂༻ Hananene/Amanene oneshots! Get your Hananene/Amanene oneshots! You want fluff? Sure! Angst? Yep! Lime? Definitely! Lemon? Uh, no, sorry. But I h...
9.8K 246 34
"Yashiro, welcome back~" Hanako smiled happily while holding her hands. She smiled back, while the thoughts of his cute, embarrassed, blushing face f...