IllNess (ON HIATUS)

By Finizx

Since Rachel Colton's parents were murdered viciously by the Blue Blood killer, she became very motivated to... More

1 : Crucial
2 : Trade ins
4 : Played
5 : Cover up
6 : Unamused
7 : Void
8 : Secret
9 : Appointment
10 : Lost thoughts
11 : Lost cause
12 : Not Paradox
13 : Expected

3 : Analyze

241 16 3
By Finizx

Rachel opened her eyes to be greeted by the smell her nose caught, the room was spinning but eventually she got over her headache. She spun her head to see Luna cooking that appeared to be bacon and eggs, by the smell she caught. Luna turned to the table and poured the meal the had cooked, while smiling towards Rachel. "Morning lazy dog" she said. Seemed like Luna didn't remember a thing, well of course she was sleeping soundlessly when she got kidnapped. "Um, yeah morning" Rachel moved her body to sit while she shooked her head. "Something wrong?" Luna asked while she approached her handing her a cup of coffee.

"Im fine, just, fine" she stated. Except from forcefully dragged out of the house to be threatened by a the fucking gorgeous scientist? Yeah my soul is fine she thought. Rachel sipped the hot coffee while slowly blowing the steam, and tried to clear her head. When the caffeine stroke her body, it was very convinient. Peaceful, yet something still bothering her head. Well of course, why wouldn't it be. She looked at her wristwatch and it showed 8 AM, shit I'll have to go to the precinct at 8:15 she thought. Rachel went up and munched the bacon and eggs so fast that when Luna went back to the kitchen from her bedroom, Rachel already finished. She went to the bathroom to wash her face, but when she looked through the mirror, something was wrong. A red spot, was seen on her neck, small spot. When she pulled her turtleneck down, the spot was revealed it's full picture.

"What. The. Fuck? Is that a fucking hickey?" she mumbled. When she tried to wash it, it didn't disappear. She was right. It was a hickey, her blood was boiled to the top of her head. "What the actually fuck that psychopath did to me?!" she was frustrated to the ground. Did he do something to me?! He better not be. Or else im going to lose it. Which i already am she stated in her mind. She closed it again with her turtleneck and grabbed a brown coat that has a tall collar. Some of her clothes were on Luna's because she often stays at her place. She fixed her brunette chocolate hair and made a ponytail, with some strands of hair on the side of her face.

"Luna im off to work, don't do anything stupid while im gone!" she shouted just as the front door opened, "Yes mom!" Luna answered. Rachel just rolled her eyes and entered her car, she knew damn well that her friend was the kid and she was the mom. She noticed that her window was a bit greasy, she tilted her head. The more she investigate it the longer she realized it was a letter. She blew up her window's car from her mouth, a warm steam. Words appeared, it said 'I will be watching'. "Oh hell no, first he threatened me and now he is watching my private life? Im not playing this.." she mumbled. Her mind flew away, saying that it was going too far. Or is it? Maybe he's just making sure Rachel's not going to blew it away.

*****

"Morning Detective"

"Ah, morning deputy" she given him a warm smile as she entered the building. "Have you had your coffee?" he asked. "Yes i have actually, but i wouldn't mind grabbing a donut" she chuckled.

She then leave him be and sit on her desk, there were some multiple reports. Each file has a casing with each different colors describing it. Yellow was for hit and runs, green was for suicides, red was for homicides, and blue was for unmanageable things Rachel hasn't bothered to open. Like B.O.L.Os and the town's reports. She opened the red file and started to read the report, while suddenly a small plate with a donut on it landed on her desk.

"Here you go" the deputy before placed it.

"I appreciate this, thank you" she smiled, she read his name badge. Labeled 'Marcus Trevor', the deputy who managed theft. "You are so very welcome" he replied.

"Anyway deputy, was there any recent B.O.L.Os activity?"

"Not that im aware of no, just the two" he replied. Rachel nodded while continued to read the report on the file, "Are you, busy this evening Detective?" he asked.

Rachel raised a brow and put down the file, "Not that im aware of" she smiled. "There is a japanese restaurant down town-" he stated but quickly cut off by her, "Pick me up at eight".

The deputy smiled and nodded, he left her desk and she continued to work. She looked around the station, not so many people were there. Pretty quiet. She landed her eyes on the B.O.L.O's case file and sighed, "I can't believe im doing this" she said and opened the file. There were two B.O.L.Os, one for the russian kidnapper, it said he transferred women to a ship and sail it for whoever have transfered him the money. "Huh, sex trafficking" she mumbled. Then there's Tanner, the sketch was very far from reality. He was more, charming. His eyes were gentle and his lips were soft like strawberry soft cake. His brows were on point just like his neat tidied hair. Far from the sketch's description. "Tanner..." she mumbled, she flipped the page. There were numerous numbers of women that was missing, reported that he took them and killed them. One woman managed to escape and reported. "Well how am i gonna do with this.." she said.

"Here said, the woman is Monica Roulette, that managed to get her freedom from the killer, AKA Tanner..." she whispered under her breath when his name crossed her mind. She then continued, "...reported she saw a couple of bodies on the place he took her to, it wasn't clear in her views who were the bodies but she saw one of the workers who was under the government's taxes orders" she stopped. He made this situation worsen she sighed. She turned her computer on and searched the list for the workers on government's taxes. She landed her eyes on the long ass list, moaned in agony. "What did i do to deserve this" she sighed.

She went all the workers and their private info, searching for clues. Turned out the one who went missing was Tanya Gabriella, she hasn't returned to work since a week ago. She contacted the one called Monica and asked if Tanya's face matched with the body's face she saw, as expected, it matched. She put her hand on her chin, planning a scheme. Rachel ordered a deputy to tell Tanya's family about the news. Then she started to think about the idea, which were none whatsoever.

*****

Rachel threw her self on the couch, this time she went home. Not staying at Luna's, she was very tired and it wasn't even 7 PM. She remembered the dinner Marcus offered, so she stood up and approached a mirror. Rachel looked at the hickey, "God..." she sighed. She entered the bathroom and took a shower, after done, she used some foundation to cover the hickey. She put on a cropped top light brown turtleneck and a black jeans, she went for a natural look for the make up and with a peach lipgloss, she's ready. She's not wearing a hair tie, just let her hair flew. She curled some of her hair and went out of the bathroom as soon as she's done.

When the clock showed 7:45, a honking sound was heard from outside of Rachel's doorstep. It was Marcus, "You're fast" said Rachel after locking her front door. Marcus went out of the car to greet her and offered a hand. "I thought ladies would do their make up long so i thought i might be early" he answered while opening the car door for Rachel. "Im punctual" she smirked. Marcus smiled and closed the door, and went to the driver's seat. They went off to the japanese restaurant.

*****

"Excuse me, I'll have to use the restroom" Marcus excused, Rachel nodded. They have ordered the food. Rachel sit there and spun her head to see the outside window, clearly it was raining. The droplets of the rain went down the large glass window, until she noticed a figure's reflection. It was familiar, but it was blurry. She spun her head to see where the reflection came from, in front of her, just two tables ahead, there he sitting, Tanner. He was wearing a black suit, and black pants. Complete with the polished brown shoes. But there was an extra, he wore a glasses. Rachel widened her eyes to realize, a murderer was two tables in front of her.

He mouther 'Hi' then winked, she shooked her head to test if she was dreaming or not. Turned out, it was her greatest nightmare. His looks changed, except for his neatly tidied hair. Maybe a disguise, which Superman did with Clark Kent. She had to admit to herself, she was surprised. And a little embarrassed to think that he was ravishing. She mouthed 'What are you doing here?!', he raised a brow then mouthed 'To eat? Why would i be here otherwise? Oh, except to....' Rachel didn't know what he mouthed. She asked 'What?', but the second she did that, Marcus came back. That instantly blocked her vision towards Tanner. "Im back, sorry if it took too long" he said.

"Oh n-n-not a problem!" she stuttered, she put a hair behind her ear while he was a little confused with her stutter. "Something matter?" he asked. "Oh no it's just, i just feel terrified with the Blue Blood killer on the lose, not to mention there are two B.O.L.Os criminals that are on the lose too you know? Luckily i have a deputy on my side" Rachel deepened her tone when she said deputy, she winked at Marcus and he just laughed. She saw Tanner on the distance just smirking, he bit his lip and mouthed 'You. Naughty girl'. She had her blood rushed, she didn't know why but when he bit his lower lips, it was just intimidating. She didn't even know how she guessed his mouthing to be correct, she blocked her face with Marcus' head so that Tanner couldn't see her cheeks that were turning red. Even though it's too late.

To be continued
Hey im back with another chapter! Stay tuned for more and don't forget to vote and comment for more stories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 539 21
Unconnected victims of all ages and genders go missing around Chicago, Hank brings in the best of the best. The departments future rides on how this...
9K 165 21
(Y/N) is a detective who has to stay overnight a few days at her friends Luna's house, her boss told her that Luna came telling them some juicy stuff...
7.3K 2.7K 63
The EKG flatlining. Time of death: 3:30pm. •°•°•°• I managed a smile then. "Great. What time do we have this deal?" St...
2 0 7
Taylor, a beautiful and young college student, ready to take on the world with her quick wit and incredible talent for reporting and journalism, soon...