ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴀʟ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀɪᴛʏ || aaron ho...

By agingernamedkat

gianna valentina rossi. david rossi's spontaneous, driven, and socially ambitious niece was recruited into th... More

TWO - so far away
THREE - yesterday

ONE - blackbird

1.2K 36 48
By agingernamedkat

┌                                                                 ┐

└                                                                 ┘

"all your life... you were only waiting for this moment to arise."

(the beatles, blackbird)

•••

Gianna Valentina Rossi could have sworn that she had prepared for every possible outcome leading up to her first day in the Behavioral Analysis Unit. But one thing she didn't plan for was the possibility of hating her boss- let alone him hating her. The 28 year old FBI agent wasn't necessarily known for her intellect, but she was notorious for her sharp tongue and her quick wit. As a child, her teachers constantly warned her that talking back to her superiors would result in a great deal of trouble once she grew up, but she never had much of a problem with it. Gianna was never rude to her superiors, but she believed that respect was earned- not given. So when Aaron Hotchner, chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit in the FBI blatantly disrespected her in front of her colleagues, she knew that her start in the new unit would be rockier than expected. But let's start from the beginning... shall we?

"Shit!"

Gianna cursed to the gods as fresh, hot coffee spilled down her brand new shirt, leaving her chest scalding and raw. She had just poured herself a cup of coffee as she was about to leave her uncle Dave's house to go to her first day on the job at the BAU. She had gotten ready at her house around an hour before, but Dave wanted to take her to work- considering they would be coworkers in addition to being family. 

"Gi, what's wrong?"

Dave came through the front door to see Gianna's new shirt soiled with hot coffee. The young woman looked up to him in despair.

"I accidently tripped in these stupid heels-"

Gianna furiously kicked off the black torture chambers to the side of Dave's doormat before looking in the mirror and groaning again in misery.

"And I spilled this coffee all over myself."

Dave rolled his eyes and waltzed over to the kitchen to grab a towel for Gi.

"I told you not to wear those, Gigi- you are clumsier than a drunk sorority girl."

Gianna tied up her hair before stomping into her uncle's room. She frantically pushed aside the dress shirts he had one by one, looking for one that might work for the day.

"But I wanted to look-"

"Professional, I know."

Dave stood in the doorway watching his niece sort through his clothes.

"I have a few of Carolyn's old shirts if you want to wear one."

Gianna huffed. She really didn't feel like wearing a shirt that was owned by her ex-aunt.

"No. I'm fine. Your clothes are better anyway."

Gianna finally settled on a maroon button down shirt before turning around to her uncle and holding the shirt up to her chest, asking for approval. Dave nodded and exited the room, leaving Gianna to change. The shirt was pretty big... but it would do. It's not like anyone would notice the fact that she was wearing a men's shirt... right?

"Done!"

Gianna called to her uncle, watching as he stepped back in. The young woman took out the bun she had previously put her hair in, and let it drop down along her shoulders. Her hair was long and slightly curly- her side bangs softly framing her face. The maroon shirt suited her- as big as it was. She loved the color on her. Gianna felt two hands rest on her shoulders, making her jump.

"You look so much like your mother, Gi."

The two Rossis both sighed with lukewarm smiles as they remembered their long departed mother and sister, Bianca Rossi. It took Gianna a moment, but when she looked at herself in the mirror, she really did see her mother staring back at her.

"It's been so long... I can feel her beauty fade in my memory..."

Dave placed a comforting kiss on top of Gi's head.

"She's still in there. She's standing right here in front of me."

He pointed at the mirror.

"You are just like her... yet, you are so much more."

Dave's hands lightly rubbed Gianna's back, letting a sigh escape her lungs. She didn't realize how nervous she was for her first day until now. But she was glad that she had her uncle to guide her as she learned the ropes on the new team. 

"Don't be nervous. You have worked so hard to get here."

Gianna shut her eyes.

"I know- but what if I mess up or do something to screw with the investigation? What if-"

"Gianna."

Gianna exhaled audibly as she threw her head back in frustration. Her right hand began to pick at the skin around her left fingernails- a nervous tick she had developed in high school.

"You're going to do great."

Dave patted her on the back.

"Now let's go before we are late."

 •••

The entrance to the FBI building was large and intimidating- but that was something that Gianna had gotten used to. She had been in the FBI for around 3 years, just working in minuscule positions to work her way up to the BAU. And just a week prior to her first day at the BAU, Strauss called her in and let her know that she was being transferred. When Gianna heard the news, she immediately told her uncle- who was over the moon for her. He had come back to the BAU only a year before, so the two of them were joining within a short amount of time. 

As the two Rossis went up the elevator and into the BAU's floor, Gianna felt herself pick at her left eyebrow- another nervous tick she had picked up while in school. She pulled out a few hairs and exhaled as she rocked back and forth on her heels. She lifted her hand to pull out another clump of hair, but before she could, the elevator opened. 

Standing right in front of the elevator was an extremely colorful woman. She looked like a unicorn had vomited on her, but Gianna didn't mind. She actually quite liked the style. This woman immediately pulled Gianna into a tight embrace, making her feel a little more at ease.

"I can't believe I finally get to meet you!"

The woman chirped in Gianna's ear. She pulled away and stuck out her hand.

"Penelope- Garcia; technical analyst for the BAU."

Penelope shook Gianna's hand vigorously.

"Gianna Rossi; child prodigy."

This remark made Penelope and the man beside her chuckle. The man was tall, dark skinned, and extremely muscular. He flashed Gianna a bright white smile before sticking out his hand.

"Derek Morgan."

Gianna shook his hand, noticing Derek's gaze linger on her lips longer than it should have. This made Dave roll his eyes and put his hands up in a parental state.

"Alright, Morgan... watch it."

Derek chuckled.

"Sorry, papa bear."

Dave took Gianna's arm and pushed through the two agents in order to bring his niece into the bullpen area. When they arrived into the open space, they saw three more agents standing in a cluster by the desks. Dave pulled Gianna over to them.

"Prentiss, Reid, JJ... this is my-"

"I'm his niece."

This cutoff earned Gianna a surprised yet amused look from all three agents and her uncle, but she didn't acknowledge it. Gianna stuck out her hand to who she assumed was Prentiss first. There was no way she was letting her uncle do everything for her. She needed to make a name for herself here, and she couldn't do that with him babying her. 

"Emily Prentiss,"

The woman spoke as she shook Gianna's hand. 

"Gianna Rossi."

Gianna moved down the line and shook JJ's hand. But when she reached her hand out to Reid, he awkwardly waved, signaling his distrust in the greeting.

"He doesn't shake,"

Dave spoke. Gianna simply nodded her head and crossed her arms.

"Duly noted."

Gianna noticed Reid's eyes trail down her shirt. Then she realized that she was still wearing her uncle's shirt. Did Reid notice?

"Sorry doctor, but my eyes are up here..."

Gianna spoke plainly as she initiated eye contact with the young male.

"Oh- n-no, I-"

The other agents chuckled lightly as Reid's face started to burn up.

"I- I just noticed that you're wearing a men's shirt."

He cleared his throat.

"I mean- there's nothing wrong with that- I just..."

"Made an observation?"

Gianna asked, uncrossing her arms.

Reid nodded in agreement, before letting his eyes fall down to the ground in embarrassment. 

"I get it. You're all good."

Gianna shot him a smile after she noticed how shaken up he had gotten. Reid seemed to have appreciated this, because he gave Gianna a polite gesture before a booming voice broke their conversation. 

"Agent Rossi?"

Both Rossis turned around to look for the voice. On top of the walkway stood a tall, crisp, handsome looking man with a dark look in his piercing eyes. Gianna immediately noticed how his tie was perfectly centered on his shirt and his hair was cut neat and clean. He was clean-shaven, yet he had a slight 5-o clock shadow dusting over his chin. His voice was deep and smooth- yet demanding. Perfect for a leader.

"Yes?"

Both Gianna and Dave spoke up.

"Just Gianna Rossi."

The man turned to look at her,.

"May I see you in my office?"

Gianna politely nodded before turning to her uncle. His face said it all. This meeting would be... fun. Gianna turned around and made her way up the stairs to meet the boss man in his office. Once she entered the room, he closed the door behind him and stood in front of his desk.

Gianna immediately noticed how his eyes trailed down her body, taking in her body and her outfit. 

"I'm Aaron Hotchner, unit chief of the BAU."

He didn't reach out to shake her hand. He simply looked at her sternly, still observing her clothing.

"Is that a men's shirt?"

Shit.

Gianna shifted uncomfortably.

"Yeah- I spilled coffee on myself this morning, so Dave ga-"

"You're breaking dress code."

Hotch sat down in his desk chair, not even looking up to Gianna to see her reaction.

"Excuse me?"

Gianna furrowed her brows in angered confusion. 

"Wearing clothes that expand or shrink three or more sizes past your own breaks the FBI's dress code. And just by looking at you, I can tell this shirt is too big to be considered fit."

Hotch continued to flip through a case file, still not looking up. Gianna scoffed in disbelief. She didn't expect her boss to be such an ass. The young woman didn't respond. She wanted to see what else he would say.

"It is simply unprofessional to wear clothing that doesn't suit your size. Just because you're a household name doesn't mean you can treat the dress code any differently."

Gianna nodded, understanding his point but disapproving of his wording.

"I'm sorry, but I really didn't have any other options."

"I don't care. Rules are rules."

Gianna began to feel anger bubble in her stomach.

"Would you have preferred me to come in with a coffee stain on my shirt that I bought specifically for this occasion?"

Gianna piped up, crossing her arms in frustration.

"Because if that fits in the 'dress code', then I will gladly go back to my uncle's house and put that shirt on. Sir."

The sarcasm painted in Gianna's voice was nearly suffocating as she spoke to her supervisor. Hotch looked up in surprise and disbelief at this behavior.

"Agent Rossi-"

"Valentina. Call me Agent Valentina."

Hotch's mouth remained open for a split second before he closed his eyes and spoke again.

"Agent Valentina. It is your first day here at the BAU, so I suggest you sit down and have some respect towards your supervisor. Do you understand?"

Gianna didn't respond. She simply stared back at the jackass in front of her.

"Do I make myself clear?"

Gianna huffed before letting herself nod in absolute spite. 

"Is that all, Agent Hotchner?"

The man nodded her way before standing up and opening the door, gesturing Gianna to exit the room. As Gianna made her way out the door, she heard a voice call after her.

"I hope to not have this conversation again, Agent Valentina."

The door shut harshly behind Gianna as she turned to look at Hotch. 

What a dick.

"What was that about?"

Prentiss called from the bullpen. Gianna turned around and walked down the stairs, trying to hide her frustration.

"The principal doesn't like me,"

Gianna chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

"What for?"

Dave cocked his head.

"Dress code violation. The men are going to have a sex riot because my straps aren't three fingers thick."

Gianna mocked as she sat on the edge of Prentiss's desk.

"Whatever. I've dealt with worse bosses than him."

•••

A/N:

Thank you all so much for reading the first chapter of my new fic Immoral Authority! I am so excited to write this story. I have been ITCHING to write a Hotch fic ever since I started writing about a month ago, so I hope you all enjoy it. 

Please feel free to give suggestions for future storylines! I love hearing what you all think.

Much love,

- goobstan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 5.4K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
234K 15.3K 78
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
609K 29K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
768K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...