Hiding My Heart

By J_abbis

Deidre -Dee- Johson has had a rough life. A mother who is a drunk, a father who ditched out on her and her br... More

Hiding My Heart
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epliogue
Bonus - We Owned the Night
Authors Note on Sequel

Chapter 2

43.4K 994 280
By J_abbis

Nina Dobrev (Sasha) -------->

We stood outside the club in a line, luckily we got here early enough that we were close to the front. As we waited we talked and huddled close, the cold November air nipping at our exposed skin. Well at least it was on mine. 

"I.D." the bouncer barked holding his fat hand out. 

I gave him my I.D. He looked at it for a long moment before looking up at me before looking back at the little picture with information around it. Ok seriously this guy was taking his job a little too seriously. I mean it's a teen club. 

Without saying a word he handed my I.D. back to me and stepped aside, allowing us to go inside. Sasha grabbed my hand and I grabbed Scott's as she pulled us into the club. I watched my step as she dragged us deeper and deeper into the club and into the dancing crowed. I looked up and saw she was navigating our way to an empty booth in a corner. 

"This is crazy." She shouted as she sat down. I nodded and looked around.  

It really was crazy; there were platforms that lined on the walls, where girls or couples could dance if they wanted to. There were strobe lights going off and different lights blinking every now and then. The 'Bar' was on the back wall, booths and cushions lined the other walls, leaving the middle as the dance floor. The DJ was on its own little separate platform by the door. Low light hung from the ceiling giving off some lights, but not a whole lot. I felt so out of my element, I wanted to go home. 

Turning to shout something at Sasha no words came out when I saw a guy bending over her and whispering something in her ear. She nodded and sent a wink my way; she grabbed his hand and pulled him into the dance floor. I sighed. I knew she was going to ditch me. Figures. 

Scott stood up and my heart sunk. Great, he was ditching me too. But he turned to me and held out his hand. Smiling up at him with relief I smiled back and let him pull me to the dance floor. I felt a little nervous about this; I haven't danced with another guy since my accident. I reminded myself that this was Scott. And that he would protect me, not hurt me. With that in mind I let him put his arms around my waist. The dance floor was pretty jammed so I scooted closer to him and put my arms around his neck and placed my hips flush against his. 

He seemed a little surprised when I started moving to the beat and I couldn't help but laugh. I moved up so I could talk to him. 

"Don't be so surprised, I trust you, and Sasha's right, I need to live a little. For one night, I will forget everything that happened. But just for tonight." I told him, pulling back I saw him grinning from ear to ear. He nodded and started moving his hips with mine. I knew he was happy that I finally agreed to be happy, but it was only for one night. 

We moved our hips together as we swayed to the beat. For the first time since the accident I let myself smile and laugh. I felt like the old me, and it was a little refreshing to know that I haven't lost her. Laughing at the feeling I got more and more as the song went on I let my hands trail down Scott's chest and bent a little so I was grinding down his body. I looked up and saw his shocked face, it just made me feel even giddier. We never danced like this, even before the accident. I was always a flirt, even with Scott. But I never grinded on a guy like this, ever.  

As I moved back up his hands moved from my hips down so they rested just above my butt. I cut him a look but he just shrugged it away and smiled down at me. We continued to bump and grind on each other as time passed. Song after Song we danced, my feet were killing me and my throat was dry. I need a break. 

As if reading my mind Scott grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the dance floor. 

"Want a drink?" He shouted as we made our way towards the 'bar' I nodded and let him pull me the rest of the way. 

"Hey, kitty's," The man behind the 'bar' said grinning as if he knew something we didn't. "What will it be? Kool-Aid, milk, water?" He said sarcastically. 

"Water," Scott shouted and pulled money out of his wallet. He handed over the money just as the man handed him the water. Scott saluted the dude then grabbed my hand. 

Scott expertly navigated our way to an empty booth in the corner. I uncapped the bottled water and took a large gulp from it.  

"Are you having fun?" Scott asked, not having to shout over the music anymore. Our booth was out of the way. 

I thought about it for a moment before saying "Honestly? Yeah, I am." I smiled and pulled him in for a tight hug. "Thanks for not ditching me, I finally feel like the old me." I whispered into his neck. He pulled me back a little and smiled. 

"I'm glad you're getting some of your old feelings back, I think you're ready to move on. Don't you think? I know it's only been a few months, but I won't ever let anything hurt you again." He said softly, cupping my face in his large hands. I felt my eyes start to fill up.  

Scott was so sweet at times. I loved him like he was my brother, always protecting me and watching out for me. Maybe he's right and I need to get over what happened but is it that easy? Can I give it a shot? I shot the thoughts down. No it wasn't that easy, at least for me it wasn't. You don't get over something like that in a few months.  

As if Scott read my mind he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Never mind, what a stupid thing to say. Hell I'm not even over it." He rubbed his neck. I could tell he was going to beat himself up over it so I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. 

"It's ok. It just takes some time." I whispered. He sighed and nodded.  

Wanting to make him feel better I hugged him, he hugged back. I got up deciding that the only way to get his mind off of it was to dance.  

I started dancing in front of him and grabbed his hands, I was about to pull him up when a hand come out of nowhere and squeezed my a_s. Freezing I felt my breathing pick up when I heard a voice whisper in my ear. 

"Hey babe, ditch the douche and I can show you a real good time." His hand tried to slip in my dress and images flashed before me. My past coming back and haunting me, flashes of me and Jared. Jared restraining me, Jared's hands creeping up my body, Jared's hands beating me. Before I could scream his arm was flung off of me and I was back in the present.  

Scott held the guy by his collar, his face contorted in anger, when he talked he talked through clenched teeth. 

"Touch her again and you won't live to see tomorrow. I suggest you leave before I kill you for touching my girl." Scott hissed out. He then dropped the guy and gave him a real good kick near the groin. If I wasn't so petrified I would have laughed and winced but I couldn't.  

Tears started to blur my vision and I kept thinking of the accident, the night that ruined my life. As if sensing my distress Scott turned grabbed my hand and dragged me away. I didn't know where we were going but when a door closed and the music was muffled I let it all out. All the tears, all the sobs.  

I clung to Scott, burying my head deep into his chest. Breathing in his familiar musky yet clean smell.  

"I'm so sorry." I said, pulling back a few minutes later and looking at his tear stained shirt. "It wasn't even that bad and yet I'm a complete mess." I said, wiping my tears away. 

"Shh. It's ok; you have nothing to apologize for. It's his fault that douche." Scott muttered a string of curse words. I took a deep breath. 

"I knew it was too soon to go out. I was finally feeling better, and then that guy had to come and ruin it." I said. Scott pulled me close again and hugged me. I allowed him too, feeling my trembling go down and the images wash away. It was easy to forget about what happened when I was with Scott; he made all the bad things go away. I felt so safe and so secure with Scott. Looking around for the first time I saw where he had taken me. The girl's room. 

I laughed and waved my hand around. "Really Scott!" I said laughing. 

He chuckled. "What? I always wanted to see what was in here." He admitted making me giggle. I shook my head at him and turned around to see the damage I had done on my makeup but what I saw shocked me. Nothing was out of place, besides my slightly red nose and swollen eyes; you would have never thought I had cried. Thank you Sasha for thinking of water proof makeup.  

"Thank you so much Scott. You're my best friend." I said kissing his cheek lightly. 

"Are you ready to leave? Because we can if you want." He said. I thought about what he said before, on getting over it. I can't get over it now. But I can let it go, I promised just for a night. I can cry about it tomorrow, plus Scott stopped anything from happening, just as long as I stayed by him I'll be good. 

I shook my head. "No, I'll be fine, just as long as I stick with you." I said smiling softly. He looked at me for a moment then nodded. 

"Let's dance; it'll take your mind off of it." Scott said as he unlocked the door and pushed it open to reveal a long line of waiting girls. When they saw us come out some blushed while others looked envious and other looked right down disgusted. Great, they think I did the dirty to my best friend.  

I shook my head at them and followed Scott back out on the dance floor. We danced and danced and danced until my mind was off of what happened. I didn't even remember what had happened. The beat changed into a slower more sensual song. Forgetting about everything bad that happened to me I pulled Scott closer, getting lost in the beat and tone. I grinded slowly on Scott, moving my hips in a circular motion, my back was to him so I felt his warm breath on the nap of my neck. Turning around I looked at Scott and smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"You know, you don't have to dance with me." I said, realizing that he might want to meet a girl tonight. "That blonde has been giving me death glares since she first saw me with you." I said. He turned us slightly so he could see. He made a face and turned back to me. 

"Hell no! She most defiantly is not my type." He said shaking his head at me. I laughed and slowly moved out of his arms.  

"Go dance with her, your type or not, you could make her night by just dancing one song with her. I'll go get us some waters ok? See-" I pointed at the 'bar' not even ten feet away. "I'll be close enough so you could keep an eye on me. I need a drink anyways." I said before pushing him at the girl and walking towards the 'bar'; careful so I didn't knock into anyone. 

"You again?" The guy asked when he saw me. I rolled my eyes and shouted two waters. I was too busy digging in my purse that I didn't notice the figure beside me until it was too late. Feeling arms pull me away I tried putting up a fight, but the person was too sneaky and hauled me off into a secluded little cove. A rough hand was covering my mouth, and hot breath was on my neck. I felt myself start to panic. This cannot be happening again. 

"Dee, Dee, Dee my little sweet pea." A deep voice said. 

I froze, my struggling ceased, and my heart stopped beating. No this cannot be happening. The only guy to say that little rhyme was Jared. But Jared can't be here, he left after the accident. Swallowing I looked up and prayed that I was just hallucinating. But I wasn't, Jared stood before me as real as ever. 

Before I could open my mouth to scream he put pressure on my mouth with his hand, a warning. He slammed me against the wall and pressed his body close to mine. 

I felt my eyes start to water, please help me through this, please let this be a dream. I chanted but it was no use. This was real; this wasn't a nightmare I could wake from. Feeling my panic rise I told myself to calm down, but how do you calm down when you face the guy who ruined your life for the first time? Easy remind yourself that you are in public, he won't do anything if you're in public.  

That's it! I had to remind myself I was in a public place; he wouldn't dare cause a scene. 

"Hey Dee," He said so casually, like we saw each other every day. He brought his head closer to mine, and smiled the 'charming' smile that used to make my insides flutter. Now I just wanted to puke. 

"It's good to see you." He said, his eyes roaming my body, and stopped at my chest. My chest was heaving from my heavy breathing caused by my panic. I felt my stomach knot up at his predatory smile. 

"I've missed you. You have no idea how long I've waited for this." He whispered bring a hand up to my face, causing me to flinch back from it. "Now, I'm going to remove my hand from your mouth, you scream and I won't have a problem with knocking you out. You know I can." He said, causing the tears to spill over. I gulped and forced myself to stay calm. I knew he would knock me out without hesitating, so screaming was out of the equation. Maybe if I tried to get passed him I could run and call for help. So I just nodded. 

He removed his hand very slowly and when I didn't make a sound he smiled. "Relax babe, I just want to talk." He tried reassuring me when he saw how tense I was. I needed out, I needed out right now! 

"I've tried calling you, you know that?" I closed my eyes. Yes I knew, I had to change my number and our house number because of him. "I've been trying to get a hold of you for some time now. But it looks like you changed your number." I looked away and shuffled on my feet, trying to make it look like I wasn't purposely moving off to the side, so someone can see me.  

"I want to get back together." He whispered cupping my cheek and forcing me to look at him. It took everything in me not to snort and shout and beat him. As if that was ever going to happen, is this guy really that stupid? He brought his head closer to mine he met my eyes before lowering his head even more so his nose traced my neck. My breathing faltered, my heart beat picked up pace. I didn't want his touch, I didn't want him here. 

"So what do you say? I miss you and love you baby. Get back together with me." He whispered.  

I swallowed before pushing him away and saying in a voice I never heard before come from me. 

"No." I said so strongly that I didn't even recognize myself. He froze, his brown eyes darkening. 

"What did you just say to me?" He said between clenched teeth. I swallowed and remembered the evil glint in his eyes and knew what was going to happen if I didn't get out of here fast. 

"I said no." My voice weaker than before. 

"So you want to disobey me. Don't you remember what it's like when you disobey?" He shouted taking a step closer to me; he was pressed up against me now. His hand came down and I closed my eyes, waiting for the sting, only it wasn't a sting, it was a soft brush of my cheek. He cupped my chin and before I knew what was happening I felt his lips come down on mine hard. Opening my eyes in shock I struggled against him, feeling nauseous and remembering all the things he did to me. I bite down on his lip, hard, hard enough to draw blood. 

"Sh_t!" He yelled pulling back, and bringing his hands to his lips, seeing the blood made me even more sick. I was about to puke. "So, you finally decided you liked it rough after all." He said bending his head down for another kiss. 

"I said no!" And I screamed and ear splitting scream, only the music was so loud. He froze, his grip on my tightening, I knew I was going to have bruises there tomorrow. 

"What did I tell you about screaming?" He shouted in my face. 

"Let go! I said no!" I sobbed as he raised his fist. 

"She said no!" A deep voice said from behind, and before I knew it Jared was flung away from me. A guy moved in front of me and blocked my view. I gulped for air, as flashes of the past came to me once more. 

"What the f_ck!" Jared yelled causing me to flinch.  

"I suggest you stay down." The guy said from in front of me. All I could see was his broad shoulders that were quit muscular.  

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Jared asked. I couldn't see, but he obviously got up again. The guy shook his head and gave a low whistle, I caught a glimpse of two other guys move, peering around the guy I saw both of them grab Jared and haul him away. He fought but ended up losing, he was dragged away. Leaving me there to tremble. Oh my gosh something could have happened to me! Why did I have to be so stupid and insist that Scott dance with someone.  

"Are you ok?" The guy who saved me asked. I still couldn't see his face properly but I knew I had to get out of there, I was about to collapse and cry and make a scene, I needed to find Scott. 

"I need to go. Scott's probably worried." I blurted out turning to brush past him. When our skin touched I froze and felt myself tense up. Not again! I cursed to myself; I so shouldn't have come out tonight. My skin felt like it was on fire wherever we touched. Casting my head up at the electric shock that ran through me I finally looked at the guy properly. 

His hair was black as night and dangled in front of his icy blue eyes that were wide and staring at me in shock. He had a strong jawline and well defined bone structure. His soft lips were pulled up into a radiant smile, showing off rows of white straight teeth.  

"I can't believe it." He whispered. His skin still touching mine I forced myself to step back. I felt this weird pull to him, a craving that I wanted. But I forced myself away. What is wrong with me? My emotions were all screwed up.  

"What?" I asked pulling further away. 

He shook his head in disbelief and looked at me in wonder and joy.  

"Here, I'll walk you to your friend." He said. I shrugged and hurried away from him in to the dancing crowed. I began my search for Scott and felt the stranger very close behind me. I felt someone's hand start to move to my lower back and before I could flinch away two strong arms pulled me into them. I looked up about to scream until I saw in was Scott.  

He had a panicked look on his face. Seeing mine as well he pulled me into him and hugged me. I buried my head into his chest, my breathing coming out a little funny since I wanted to cry but was holding it back. I breathed in his familiar scent and forced my trembling to stop. He whispered things to me to help calm me down. 

"Don't ever do that to me again. One minute you were there and the next you were gone!" He said in my ear. I couldn't tell him Jared was here, not yet. Scott would do something stupid and cause a scene. Plus Jared probably left because of the guy who saved me and his two pals. 

I pulled back and forced a smile. One night. I promised one night of my old self. 

"Scott, I'm fine. The crowed just dragged me all the way down that way." I said pointing to the way I had come. 

"But what if something happened?" He challenged, not wanting to let it go. 

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. "I'm waiting." He taunted and I sighed again, giving up. 

"I call for help and run. If that doesn't work I hit him where the sun doesn't shine then run." He grinned and pulled me into a tight hug. 

"Now was that so-" A throat clearing snapped us out of our little reunion. We turned and I saw Scott stiffen in my arms. I looked over at the guy who saved me, his hands were clenched and he glared at Scott for a few minutes until I felt Scott bow a little and then nod. Confused I opened my mouth to ask what was going on but Scott pulled me away. 

"What the hell was that?" I asked as Scott pulled me to the dance floor and started dancing. I pulled away and glared at him. After what I just experienced I wasn't in the mood anymore. My night was ruined, my life was ruined. 

He sighed and pulled me to a corner booth, sitting close he wrapped one arm around my body, and he leaned in to whisper in my ear. 

"You remember why me and Sasha moved here in the first place?" I nodded looking at him confused. Where was he going with this? Sasha and Scott are werewolves. I know big shocker! Well at least it was for me, a mere human. They moved in during the beginning of Junior year and when we met they were so secretive and it made me suspicious. I chuckled at the memory of me following them one night and watching them change into wolves. Freaked me the hell out! But surprisingly I took it well... well I fainted and freaked when I woke up to see their dad. He explained everything to me; how I couldn't tell anyone or I would be in serious trouble.  

"Your pack was moving, you're the scouts." I resisted. He nodded his head and continued.  

"Exactly, we came here to make sure it was safe enough, and to kill any rouge we came into contact with. And well we just gave them the ok to come." He said. 

"And that boy...?" I asked trailing off, remembering him saving me.  

"Preston is the son of the Alpha, he's next in line. I didn't think they would be here this soon, but I guess with the wedding and everything..." He trailed off. I nodded and sat back, feeling sick. I needed to leave, too much has happened. 

"Are you tired?" Scott asked, and I played it up, knowing this was the best time to leave. So I made my movements slow and nodded. 

"Can we go?" I asked and he nodded, he grabbed my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist before navigating our way through, the crowed. Scott seemed to know exactly where his sister was and when I saw her I groaned. She was completely drunk, I have no idea where she got the alcohol but she managed, and she was wasted. Sighing I got on one side of her and Scott got on the other and we half carried her, half dragged her out the doors where I swear I felt someone's eyes on us. 

...................................................................................................................................................................................... 

Jared- 18 years old, Dee's ex-boyfriend. Is a total douche and a very very bad person. You will not like him in this story, he's one of the bad guys, hate him if you'd like:)  

Preston- 17 almost 18 in a few weeks, towards the end of November. Totally gorgeous as you read before. Werewolf, icy blue eyes, amazing smile. Ha, here I am rambling on about him when you just read about him:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 1.1K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...
See you again By Charlie

Mystery / Thriller

879 132 30
"I'm so done with lies!" said Charlie. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you!" I replied. "I want to know the truth!" she said. "I'm a werewolf!" I...
2.4M 75.2K 46
Cover by @auroralust This book is available on Goodreads under this title Elora Reed has spent the majority of her life being beaten, abused and scre...
1.2K 79 28
Olivia embarks on an uncanny adventure trying to find her truth, having to go into hiding as a rogue in a new town, to most of her memories unknowing...