Back to Basics

由 KaylaWoods289

"I need you" Natalia 'Nat' Thorton is a strong willed ranch owner. She runs the ranch her father left her alo... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Ground
Chapter 2: Protecting Her
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Her Anchor
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 7: Reminiscing
Chapter 8: Radio Trouble
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Sensual Touch
Chapter 11: I Turn to You
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Start of an Adventure
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Getting her Way
Chapter 16: Changing it Up
Chapter 17: Let Go
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Keith
Chapter 20: Finding her song
Chapter 21: Preview
Chapter 22: Julio & Naomi
Chapter 23: Bliss Before Stress
Chapter 24: Face the Music
Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls
Chapter 26: No Reception
Chapter 27:Coming Home
Chapter 28: All In
Chapter 29: Being Happy
Chapter 30: Mountains and Desires
Chapter 31: Good Morning
Chapter 32: Misunderstanding
Chapter 33: Turn on the Radio
Chapter 34: First Show Back
Chapter 35: All Mine
Chapter 36: Relocate
Chapter 37: Reflect
Chapter 38: Interview Gone Wrong
Chapter 39: Done
Chapter 40: Safely & Securely
Chapter 41: Resolve
Chapter 42: Goodbye
Chapter 43: Two More Weeks
Chapter 44: Outlaw and Storm
Chapter 45: Happy
Chapter 46: Daddy
Chapter 47: Welcome Home Princess
Chapter 48: Breaking the news
Chapter 49: My Happiness
Chapter 50: Bright Future
Chapter 51: Decisions
Chapter 52: It's Time
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Back at It
Chapter 55: De Ja Vu
Chapter 56: Legends
Epilogue

Chapter 6: Finding her Muse

5.1K 252 13
由 KaylaWoods289

Pulling up to a familiar spot. Jax parks his Lexus and watches as the blue truck, or Luke as she called it, pulled up beside him. He chuckles and shake his head while turning off the engine. He steps out as she climbs out of the truck. Both walking in front of their vehicles and looking at the sight. He glances over to see Talia with a grin while scanning the scenery. 

He doesn't usually bring people up here. This is his place to escape. He walks over sitting on the old bench that creaks sitting down onto it. He leans back against it while watching Talia. The beauty continues looking over everything with her glasses shading her eyes. Her hands tucked in her back pockets of her jeans. His eyes slowly following every contour of her body. She really was a sight to see. She turns instantly making him snap back out to the view. She slowly walks over to sit down beside him. He glances over as she leans her head back allowing the warmth soak into her sun kissed skin. His eyes looking over the delicate skin of her neck and her wild hair blowing gently with the breeze. 

"It's consider rude to stare Jax."

He grins seeing a smirk reach her lips. She doesn't move her face while speaking to him. 

"Some consider it a great compliment Talia."

She laughs finally looking to him and sliding her glasses up on her head. Her chocolates eyes gleaming in the morning light. A genuine smile gracing her lips. 

"Care to tell me who that guy was?"

Jax feels his body stiffen thinking of the look Marcus was sporting towards Talia. He doesn't even realize how rigid he became until a gentle touch to his shoulder brings him back. He blinks looking at her curious eyes. 

"His name was Marcus. He is... well was a friend."

He watches as her face screws up for a moment making him snort. It's clear that she didn't believe his explanation. 

"You need to consider finding better friends."

He nods his head in understanding. It then dawns on him that she had not removed her hand. His eyes glancing to it on his shoulder before looking back to her. Her eyes shoot open and she quickly retracts her hand while clearing her throat. He smiles at her reaction. 

"How bout you Talia? Got some good friends?"

"I have my brother... He's a bit much but I love him. Then I have a friend who claimed me in our college years."

"Claimed you? You make it sound like you were a lost puppy." Talia laughs at that making him smile brightly and chuckle as well. 

"In some ways I was... I didn't care about making many friends. I was a loner for the most part and the people I met were full of shit." 

Jax looks over to her with a wide grin. 

"And your friend?"

"She was alone." Her voice sounding farther away. It was clear that she was recalling a memory. Her eyes were looking out but weren't focused. "She was surrounded by people and yet looked totally alone... We were assigned partners on a project."

"And let me guess, you guys hit it off?"

"HA.. no." She smiles dropping her gaze to her lap. "She drove me nuts! I mean I was ready to rip out my hair." She laughs before shaking her head. "I finally gave it to her when she was complaining about her so called 'friends'. I told her that a true friend would be there no matter what, not only when it was convenient."

"Is this when she claimed you?" Talia nods her head with a gentle smile. 

"She said if a true friend is what she needed, than no one better than me to learn from. She never left me after that."

"Sounds like she grew on you?" Jax says studying her facial expressions. 

"Yea, she claims me to be her other half." Her gaze finally turning back to him. She has a twinkle to her eyes and he can tell that this friendship means a great deal to her. 

"Does she live out here?"

"Yea, she has for some years now but this is the first time I got to visit."

"So it's been years since you've seen her?"

Talia rubs her jeans while nodding. "Like I said, it was overdue."

"So how long are you here for?"

"A week or so, depending on what she needs."

"She is lucky to have you." 

She smiles and leans back against the bench. Jackson mirroring her and leaning back. After a moment, he feels weight on his shoulder and looks over to see Talia had laid her head against him while still looking out. A small smile tugs at his lips at the simple gesture. 

A ding brings them back to the present as Talia goes into her pocket pulling out her phone. He can't help but glance down to see what she was looking at. 

Cass (10:46 am) Come home, I'm bored! 

Jax can't help but chuckle as she grins over at him. "Your friend?"

Bobbing her head, he sighs knowing she needs to get going. He slowly stands up at the same time as her. His hands brushing down his pants before reaching out to shake hers. She raises a brow before walking into him before embracing him in a hug. He stands shocked for a moment before coil both arms tightly around her. She smelled of wild flowers and he fucking loved it. His head tucked in her shoulder and neck while he inhales deeply. Her arms still wrapped around his shoulders slowly drop but doesn't attempt to step back. Her hands resting on his biceps as she looks to him. He can't help but stare at her lips. Just a taste... She decides to peck his cheek making him blink back to the present. He smiles and slowly releasing her. 

"Thank you for... well the orange juice."

He chuckles and nods thinking about their morning. "Rain check?"

"Absolutely"

*********************************

Jackson reaches his office at the label to only to stop in his tracks at the doorway. He slowly walks in looking to the guy sitting in the seat in front of his desk with his back to him. He has blonde hair and is lean built. Walking around his desk he looks to the guy who sits up straighter noticing his arrival.

"Hi, you must be Jackson Fillmore?"

"I am..." He says while sinking into his chair. "And you would be?"

"Sorry man, my name is Landon Bounds."

The name clicks and he remembers Tate telling him that 'Landon' was one of the top agents here but he also had a knack for sleeping with the cliental. The most recent rumored being Cassie. Jackson keeps his face void emotion waiting for him to continue.

"Anyways-" Landon clears his throat while standing up. "I was told you are Cassie Lyndel's new manager."

And there it is!

"Yes I am" He says in a monotone waiting for this dipshit to get to the point. He has dealt with agents like him before. They are in it for the ride and not for the actual care of the clients.

"Well... uhm."

"Mr. Bounds, if you have a point please get to it. I do have things that need to get done."

"Is she alright?"

Jackson leans back in his seat squaring up this guy. From what he has gathered, he requested a transfer from the singer. The tabloids have rumored a relationship. His guess, Landon got what he wanted and ran off rather than speaking to her.

"The well being of my clients is of no one's business other than mine."

He watches as Landon's face morphs from an easy go getter to irritated in a split second. It was clear that he just wanted to know if Cassie had fallen to pieces due to him. Jackson was not going to give him the satisfaction. If he wanted to know how Cassie truly was, he could be a man and ask her himself. Landon stands up tugging his jacket down into place before a fake smile spreads across his face.

"You're right. My apologies Jackson."

"It's Mr. Fillmore."

With that Landon grits his teeth and gives a nod before walking out of his office stomping like an elephant down the hall. Jackson just rolls his eyes before checking the clock. He is supposed to me with Cassie tonight to go over ideas for her album. He turns on his  computer and begins to work. The afternoon escaping him as he touches base with a few authors he is managing to find out that all of his other clients are right on track.

DING

Picking up his phone, he smiles gently seeing the name before laughing at the message.

Talia (2:52 PM) Your hot!

Jax (2:52 PM) ?

He waits for a minute still grinning at his phone. It dings and he instantly opens it.

Talia (2:54 PM) I'm sorry Jax, my friend stole my phone

Jax (2:55 PM) All good, are you having a good time?

He waits for a moment but no message comes through. He thinks she may have left him hanging but the incoming message makes him smile widely.

Talia (3:01 PM) Yea, she is currently hiding in her bathroom from me.

He laughs again picturing her terrifying some girl. He text her back saying has to get back to work and she apologizes again before placing his phone down.

Walking out of his office around five, he notices a few of the other agents stopping and glancing at him. He internally rolls his eyes clearly realizing that Landon must have said some shit to the other guys in the label. Great?! Note the sarcasm. He ignores them and continues walking to his car to head over to Cassie's house.

He arrives there in excellent time and goes up to the door knocking. After a minute, no one answers. He knocks a little louder and finally hears feet coming to the door. His eyes widen seeing a bright smile lighting up Cassie's face. He raises a brow but she gestures him in not loosing the happiness from her features.

"I'm glad to see you in such good spirits."

"Yep, I found my muse!"

He stops surprised to here her already changing her mindset. He has never seen someone with such a quick bounce back. She practically skips over to her couch that outlooks the backyard before plopping down. He slowly follows her over before sitting down to take a look at her. Her eyes are twinkling and she just looks so different to what he had met previously.

"So you found your inspiration?"

Cassie bites her lip nodding her head rapidly. It is clear that what or who ever this is, is making all the difference. He pulls out his notepad ready to get this started.

"Have you come up with new material?"

"Not yet but I have an idea of the direction I want the album to go."

Cassie goes on to explain the concept and Jackson was impressed. She put a lot of thought into it and it was a good move on her part. He wanted to ask what made all the change but didn't want to overstep. Packing up, he hears a loud rumble come from her garage. He raises a brow while Cassie just squeals loudly.

"That's my best friend. Would you like to meet her?"

"Maybe another time. I need to get going. Thank you Ms. Lyndel."

"Cassie, please..."

He gives her a head nod and a small smile in acknowledgement before making his way out the door. Getting in his car, he hears loud music begin to come from the house. He rolls his eyes before pulling out of the driveway to head home.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

30.6K 3.2K 60
||COMPLETE|| Amber Blake is having dreams, and they just might be the key to saving her best friend, Mark. Unfortunately, she's too preoccupied prete...
657K 20.5K 54
Everything was going perfect for Bailey Grant. A life in Nashville, a hit music career, an upcoming international tour. She thought that nothing co...
23.8K 1.1K 39
Elizabeth went through a tragic accident. Trying to be independent and doing everything she always did ended up being next to impossible. With her be...
1.8K 190 51
Love isn't about how much you say I LOVE YOU, but how much you prove that's true. Lydia Martin thought that life was closing on her, everything...