Someone I Used to Know (Vigil...

By -_bumblebee_-

Deku left katsuki at a young age, leaving him depressed. Now older, he drifted away from everyone and started... More

~chapter 1~
~chapter 2~
~chapter 3~
~chapter 4~
~chapter 5~
~chapter 7~
~chapter 8~
~chapter 9~
~chapter 10~
~chapter 11~
~chapter 12~
~chapter 13~
~chapter 14~
~chapter 15~
~chapter 16~

~chapter 6~

1.5K 37 27
By -_bumblebee_-

Every student who enters the classroom is required to state their name, quirk, likes, and dislikes. None of the students are as strange and mysterious as Bakugou, though. 

The bell eventually rang, signaling the beginning of the day. The students suddenly hear, "it took you seven seconds to be quiet."

You can practically hear the screams of terror in the students’ minds when they see a giant yellow caterpillar. The caterpillar stands up and sheds it’s skin, revealing a man with long black hair, black clothes, and a gray scarf. He sips from a carton of apple juice. "Everyone grab your gym uniform, change into it, and meet at the field," he commands.

Bakugou takes his gym uniform and rushes to the boys changing room, hoping to get there early so nobody sees him changing. He gets there before most of the class. 

The only other people in there with him are that half and half guy, who he’s pretty sure won’t care enough to tell someone, and the guy with the bird head, who he’s pretty sure is also depressed, so he should be fine. The three of them quickly change, avoiding each other’s gazes and generally keeping their eyes on their own corners of the changing room. 

Bakugou’s curiosity gets the best of him and he glances at the half and half boy, who he believes was named Todoroki. His eyes widen in shock when he sees the scars covering the half and half’s body. Possibly feeling the ash blond’s gaze, Todoroki looks at him as well. They stare at each others' shirtless chests, eyes wide as they examine each others' battle scars. 

~~~~~~Todoroki~~~~~

I had been curious about the ash blond since I first saw him. He's very mysterious, with that strange green cat hair clip that he seems so protective over and his strange personality, so you can see why when I felt his eyes on me, I looked back at him. But I didn't expect THAT. I didn't expect his body to be full of old scars, probably from fights. The most unexpected part were the bandages all along his forearm, did he cut?

He looked away quickly, probably a little embarrassed, before throwing on the gym uniform. (The gym uniform has long sleeves in this)  

~~~~~bakugou~~~~~~

Todoroki saw all of my scars. He saw my fucking arms! Bakugou panics. On the outside, bakugou looks calm and collected, but on the inside, he's freaking out. He angrily stomps out of the changing room just as the rest of the boys start coming in. 

“What’s up with Bakubro? He seemed off,” Bakugou hears Kirishima say as he’s leaving.

“It’s nothing,” Todoroki mumbles, “he’s always like that, isn’t he?”

Bakugou thanks his lucky stars that Todoroki decided to keep his secret. He leaves to where their teacher told them to go and waits off to the side for everyone else. The next to arrive are Todoroki and tokoyami. The three teenagers avoid each other, unable to be bothered by the others' existence. The rest of the class soon arrive with Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari, and Mina taking up the rear as they excitedly talk to each other.

“Yo, Bakubro!” Kirishima shouts as he runs up to bakugou, Mina, Sero, and Kaminari on his trail.

Bakugou glares at him, “what is it, shitty hair?”

“Oh, come on! Our hair isn’t even that different!” Kirishima complains.

“What do you want?” 

“I just wanted to hang out!”

“Well, don’t,” Bakugou grumbles.

“Aw come on, man!” Kaminari complains.

“Shut up, Dunce Face,” Bakugou responds.

“‘Dunce Face?’” Kaminari mumbles.

“Did you give all of us rude nicknames?” Sero asks.

“Yes,” Bakugou responds.

“What’s mine?” sero asks happily.

“Soy sauce face,” Bakugou responds.

“What the heck, man?” Sero questions.

“Ooh! Ooh! What’s mine?” Mina asks excitedly. 

“Raccoon eyes,” Bakugou says.

“I don’t get it,” Mina says, confused.

“I get it,” Kirishima says.

“So do I,” Kaminari says.

“I, honestly, don’t understand any of the nicknames,” Sero says.

Pointing to Sero, Bakugou says "Looks like soy sauce.” He points to Kaminari, “idiot." He points at Kirishima, “bad hair.” He points to Mina, “black eyes.”

“You’re really bad at making nicknames,” Kaminari says.

“Shut up, Dunce Face,” Bakugou growls back.

“Have you always done that?” Mina questions.

“Done what, raccoon eyes?”

“Made bad nicknames for people instead of using their real names,” Mina chuckles.

“I’ve never been fucking good with names if that's what you're fucking asking, fucking racoon eyes,” Bakugou mumbles.

“What was the first nickname you made?” Mina quizzes.

“Deku,” Bakugou mumbles.

“Deck?” Mina questions, very confused now.

"I fucking said ‘Deku’," Bakugou growls, "it’s a mix of determined and Izuku," he explains.

"Why does ‘Deku’ sound familiar?" Kirishima mumbles.

"Who’s this Izuku?" Kaminari butts in.

"He was my best friend," Bakugou mumbles.

"What do you mean wa-" Kirishima starts, but is cut off by their new teacher.

“I see all of you are here,” Aizawa says, “we will be doing a quirk apprehension test. Bakugou, seeing as you got the highest score in the entrance exam, please come up to the home base.”

“Gladly,” Bakugou mutters under his breath, thankful to finally be out of that situation.

Aizawa gives Bakugou a baseball, "what was your score in highschool?" Aizawa asks. 

"Around 30 meters," Bakugou responds (I don’t know, just making up a number)

"Try throwing the ball, but with your quirk," Aizawa instructs, “you can do anything as long as you don’t leave the circle.”

"Sure," Bakugou responds before entering the circle. He winds up his arm and gets ready to throw the ball with a full powered explosion. He grins crazily as he throws the ball with a strong explosion, screaming, “DIE!!!!!” 

The device in Aizawa’s hand beeps, 769 m (I’m just guessing) Aizawa shows it to the class.

“Woah!”

“So cool!”

“Wah! This is going to be so fun!”

“Fun, you say?” Aizawa questions, “whoever gets last place will be expelled,” Aizawa says with a shit eating grin.

Everyone instantly pales, afraid of being in last place. “You wouldn’t do that!” a student, the one with the purple balls on his head, shouts.

“I would,” Aizawa responds.

“I like this teacher,” Bakugou says as he walks back to the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In the end, the rankings looked like this: 

1st- yaoyorozu momo

2nd- Todoroki Shoto

3rd- Bakugou Katsuki

4th- Iida Tenya

5th- Tokoyami Fumikage

6th- Shouji Mezo

7th- Ojiro Mashirao

8th- Kirishima Ejiro

9th- Ashido Mina

10th- Ochako Uraraka

11th- Kouda Koji

12th- Satou Rickido

13th- Asui Tsuyu

14th- Aoyama Yuga

15th- Sero Hanta (I always read his name and santa hero, I don’t know why)

16th- Kaminari Denki

17th- Jirou Kyouka

18th- Hagakure Tooru

19th- Mineta Minouru

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 6.7K 23
A story about Izuku's problems with his mother's death and his abusive father. Deku slowly opens up after hiding his emotion from his classmates and...
270K 8.2K 79
A Deku×OC×Bakugou story ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Izuku, everything was perfect; perfect friends, perfect rival (with whom he is in love with), perfect t...
172K 4.3K 37
Izuku Midoriya. The happy, cheerful, cute little boy that we all know and love. His life is going great, besides the fact that it's actually a mess...
46.9K 1.4K 29
(This is my first story ever..so, sorry if it's bad..) Izuku 'Deku' Midoriya has always looked up to his childhood friend, Katsuki 'Kacchan' Bakugo...