CONFLICTED

By SIR__JAY

Wattpad featured✓ AmbassadorsNG reading list✓ CONFLICTED: Life is hard enough and for Christopher, it just g... More

•Prologue•
Chapter 1| Newbie
Chapter 2| Mysterious
Chapter 3| Happiness
Chapter 4| House party
Chapter 5| People change
Chapter 6| Anger issues
Chapter 7| PTSD
Chapter 8| Lovesick
Chapter 9| Contract
Chapter 10| Chemistry
Chapter 11| Exam week
Chapter 12| Ex
Chapter 14| Bet
Chapter 15| Crush
Chapter 16| Bad news
Chapter 17| Relay race
Chapter 18| Capiche
Chapter 19| Painting
Chapter 20| Ella's kiss
Chapter 21| Zombie
Chapter 22| Run
Chapter 23| Suspended
Chapter 24| BRT
Chapter 25| Valentine
Chapter 26| Suicide
Chapter 27| Mad Tracy
Chapter 28| Goosebumps
Chapter 29| Jerk
Chapter 30| Ride home
Chapter 31| First impression
Chapter 32| Tomboy
Chapter 33| Panic attack
Chapter 34| Sleepover
Chapter 35| Ice cream store
Chapter 36| Resolution
Chapter 37| T or D
Chapter 38| Disaster
Chapter 39| Hard to get
Chapter 40| Lavender
Chapter 41| Bonkers
Chapter 42| Revenge
Chapter 43| Snake plant
Chapter 44| Slytherin
Chapter 45| Home alone
Chapter 46| Feelings
Chapter 47| Jealous
Chapter 48| Wedding
Chapter 49| Friend zone
Chapter 50| Third wheel
Chapter 51| Bonhomie
Chapter 52| Fanboy
Chapter 53| Soulmate
Chapter 54| Second choice
Chapter 55| Confession
Chapter 56| Mob
Chapter 57| Letter
Chapter 58| Mikasa's crib
Chapter 59| Squirt
Chapter 60| Trust
•Epilogue•
Sequel!!!
🅡🅐🅝🅓🅞🅜
🅑🅞🅝🅤🅢 🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡

Chapter 13| Hypocrite

137 25 0
By SIR__JAY

Chapter 13: Hypocrite

"I love you."

She stared deep into my eyes and I was just about to reply when a cough behind us broke us apart.

"What do we have here?"

"What do you want Kev?" I exhaled sharply.

"Sorry for interrupting the love situation here but I need to see you Chris."

"At least, let me introduce you to Anna. Anna, this is Kelvin, a very close friend of mine. And Kev, this is Anna, my girl."

"Oh! Hey, beautiful." he grinned widely. "Yes, I'm Kelvin and may I say that you look absolutely gorrrgeous." he said and winked right after.

flirt.

Anna whispered a thank you in reply as if her mouth was too heavy to say it out loud. What was it with Kelvin and his darned ability to make girls throw themselves at him??

I snapped my fingers in his face when he kept blatantly staring as Anna smiled back timidly and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Hey! Hey! She's taken." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Relax, will you? Excuse us for a moment." Kelvin equally snarled and pulled me to a secluded corner of the room away from her.

"Look, I need to say hi to your folks before they leave so keep this for me will you? I'll be back for it." he rushed over his words and shoved something into my hand.

I looked down at the object in my palm and my eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

"What the fuck? Look, you better keep that snake between your legs right where it is till the end of today or I'll chop it off myself." I bellowed.

"Guy, calm your shit down. Can't you help a brother for once? Your father will kill me if he finds it with me and we both know what ensued the last time that happened."

I took one last disgusted look at the pack of condoms in my hand. When he saw my annoyed look and listened to my silence, he thanked me and waltzed away.

"Moron." I muttered and went back to meet Anna.

"You have a really nice house." she said while taking in the huge living room of black, white and gold theme.

"Thanks. How about I show you around?" I took her hand in mine and led her upstairs.

Some were already in the warm pool in the backyard while some got busy dancing in the living room. A few of them were taking in the view of our green lawn outside while others chose to pour drinks for themselves and socialize.

Anna and I proceeded up the spiral staircase.

~~~

Tracy

It was Wednesday which meant a lot of work to be done.

My manners. It would be rude not to introduce myself properly. My name is Tracy Williams. The clumsy wreck as you might choose to describe me. My mother's a nurse and my father's dead. I don't really like talking about him. My older and only brother was in the university studying Medicine. And me? I'd be out of secondary school in a few months and I aspired to study Music.

I know. My family held a group of geniuses while I, the smartest of all, settled for music. Sadly, the only thing I was good at. Fun fact is I dread talking about myself too but just know upfront that I'm a talkative. That's got to be like my second best personality. Not bragging here, people found me annoying because of it.

Whoa, I drifted off. Okay, back to the point. Like I said, today was a Wednesday which meant a lot of work for me to do. I had finished my school exams two days prior, precisely on the tenth of December so I didn't go to school today. Instead, I stayed behind and did laundry, cleaned the house, did the dishes and cooked lunch. Now all that remained was to have Chioma get her butt down here and accompany me to the restaurant like she promised.

Ever since my dad died when I was twelve and my brother fourteen, life had taken a different turn on us all. Maybe it would have hurt less if my dad had not died along with a woman later known to have been his mistress for two years.

It was hard on my mom to accept that her husband was dead and even harder that he'd been cheating on her for two years without her knowledge.

My mom worked way extra hard afterwards just to sustain the family. She just worked too hard. I'd always pitied having to see a stressed out mom who couldn't complain about going to the same work the next morning. When I couldn't bear the guilt of seeing her be the only one struggling for the family's upkeep, I had taken up a job for the holidays. It didn't pay handsomely but it added to my mom's salary. She was against it at first but I was adamant.

Sometimes I hated myself for being a dullard. I just couldn't take in the mumbo-jumbo of words that my teachers tried to pry into my tiny brain. We all knew right from my junior school that it'd be useless and completely delusional for me to go into the sciences.

The only thing I was good at was singing. I had a nice voice and people around me admitted it too. For once in my whole confusing life, I was better than someone at something and I couldn't have been more happier.

Still, I wished I was as smart as my brother, Tristan, so that I could have a better chance at hope of getting a nice job that paid well in the future to take care of my mom. But here I was and who was I to complain?

for Pete's sake, where is Chi!?

You just have to hate that girl sometimes. I told her I wanted to get to the restaurant early but she needed to have things her way. To that, I glanced up at the wall clock in our living room from where I was struggling with the task of packing my dreadlocks into a ponytail and I couldn't help the gasp.

11:30a.m!?

I'm going to kill her! I'm gonna kill her!! I'm going to kill her!!!

The manager would be so mad at me. She was already doubtful of my competence not to include having a punctuality defect.

Actually, I was a waitress. And if you were wondering how I coped, let's just say that since I was a clumsy wreck, I worked on being extra careful. I was not so clumsy that I was a totally helpless case. It's just that I was prone to drop things, collide with something, trip over, bla bla bla, mostly when I was nervous.

And being a good cook at home and enthusiastic about making dishes, made me love this job the more. I didn't work in the kitchen because like I said, I was a waitress, but being close to my hobby was fun in every aspect of it.

So yeah, I was a waitress as well as a senior in secondary school.

"Tracy!" a voice called from outside.

Oh finally!

~~~

Christopher

After showing Anna the study room, the guest room and the balcony overlooking the backyard, we proceeded into my room.

"Wow." she let out, taking in the view around her.

My room was painted a plush cream, same as the bed spread, blanket and armchair. My study desk stood at a corner of the room, stacked with textbooks, my MacBook and notebooks.

I personally fancied the cream rug too which was spread across the center of the room. I didn't choose the theme color of my room but there was no denying that it gave the space an overwhelming attractiveness. Plus, it was a gender neutral look so it was fascinating to every eye.

"Nice." Anna faced me with a genuine smile and sat on the armchair while I moved to the window and looked down at the view below of the crowded pool.

"You know, I'm jealous of the girls you used to go out with. They probably were way more interesting of a person than I am."

I tore my eyes away from the window and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Why do you say that? Of course, you're a very interesting person."

She shifted on the chair until she was in a slanted position.

"Oh, don't flatter me. I know I bore you at times. I have zero sense of humor, I barely have any interesting topic to bring up and I'm way too closed off for people's liking." she said, looking at the empty space before her.

"Anne, I think you're being a bit too hard on yourself. Most girls envy you, your personality, lifestyle and ability to not give a fuck in general but here you are thinking of being in their shoes. The irony, because they want to be in yours. And it doesn't matter what type of girls I used to go out with. I'm with you now and that's what counts."

The look on her face hinted she was giving my response a thought.

She then searched my face as she asked. "Do you ever feel intimidated around me?"

"Not even a bit." I replied without breaking eye contact with her just to prove my point. "You might be able to give people that impression of you being intimidating but you don't fool me. Beneath that facade is a sweet girl and we both know it."

After a moment of silence, she grimaced. "Don't call me that."

"What? Sweet?" I asked, deliberately repeating the word to be annoying.

She reached for the pillow on the chair she sat on and hurled it at me. I dodged it easily and comically held my stomach to release a cackle.

"Haha. You missed."

It turned into a cat fight in an instant as she charged at me and hopped on my back, trying to force out an apology from me.

"Take it back you asshole!"

"Fucking hell, you're being childish you know?"

"I'll bite your ear off if you don't take it back." she whispered into my ear in a light threat.

Despite my attempts to get her off, she clung tightly to my back.

girl's got some grip!

We fell on the bed after much struggle and I somehow ended up on top of her. Her heavy pants matched mine as we stared at each other for a while.

Suddenly, she tilted her head up and captured my lips in hers. I smiled through the make out session that ensued and her arms wrapped themselves around my neck. My lips left hers and gained territory over her ear lobe and neck instead.

She spoke again through rasp breaths, "Who's the sweet girl now?"

"I don't know princess," sultrily, I told her, "but I'm pretty sure it's more romantic when the guy initiates the kiss." smiling on her neck, I sucked on her skin and she grabbed onto my upper arm with a relieved sigh escaping her lips.

"Won't hurt anyone to break a stereotype, will it?" she exhaled heavily as I trailed soft kisses down to her collarbone, leaving a faint hickey in it's wake.

When I gazed back at her face, it was filled with lust.

what that look is doing to me...

I hungrily reclaimed her lips and she responded, assuring me that I affected her as much as she did me.

Anna whimpered when I snaked my hand up her shirt and felt the soft bump beneath her bra.

"Fuck." she sighed.

Cute thing. My foul tongue was beginning to rub off on her. My little buddy became excited as lustful desire burned my insides. I wanted her. All of her.

The make-out got more intense and my hands mechanically worked their way with the task of unbuttoning her shirt while hers unbuckled my trousers. I was just about to reach down for her zippers when I stopped abruptly.

"What?"

"Are you sure about this?"

I needed to be sure she wanted this as much as I did and not because I was pressuring her into it. Sure my testosterones craved for her but above all, her consent mattered. Maybe I was acting like a sappy dumbass, but this was my first shot at love and I didn't want to blow it away by doing anything wrong.

Anna bit down on her lip as she thought it over.

"Sure I am." she finally replied breathlessly and I broke into a smile.

That was all it took for the wild hunt to resume as we fought for territory over each other's body. I wasted no time in pulling down my trousers after retrieving the pack of condoms from it's pocket.

My conscience criticized me as I had condemned Kelvin for having it in possession only for me to use it instead. I'd run out of the protective rubber myself and since I only recently moved here, I haven't found a store that sold it yet, not that I had a reason to. But now, I did.

I was a fucking hypocrite but I would deal with guilt later.

Right now, I had some lovemaking to get down to.

Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 1.2K 22
what happens when the rich and most reserved guy in school falls in love with his sister's best friend that happens to be the new girl in school that...
14.8K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
61K 19K 106
ɢᴇʀᴀʟᴅɪɴᴇ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴs, not your regular female lead, Nicknamed the tomboy of "HILTON COLLEGE" Even though she considers it body shaming. Although she tr...
56.5K 12.6K 38
*COMPLETED* -A recipe for disaster- "Childhood frenemies, Nara and Tife must work together to prevent Imade (Nara's best friend/Tife's sister) from...