❀ ɪᴅᴏʟɪᴢᴇ!! || ᴜᴛᴀɪᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇꜱʜᴏᴛꜱ

By -shinkai

『 ᴜᴛᴀɪᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇsʜᴏᴛs ; ᴏᴘᴇɴ 』 ❝ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ᴋɪss ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ! ❞ ⊱⋅•──────❴ •*•♫•*• ❵──────•⋅⊰ ᴘʟ... More

Author-chan's Note + Request Page
[Eve] Fluffy
[Mafumafu] Allergies
[Mafumafu & Soraru] Q&A
[Soraru] Sick
[Sakata] Fireworks
[Sou] Yellow
[Sakata] Acceptance
[Shima] Café
[Eve] Smile
[Amatsuki] Cat
[Amatsuki] Actions
[Colon] Attention
[luz] Warmth
[Colon] Forever
[luz] Cuddles
[nqrse] Flustered
[luz] Memories
[Eve & Sou] Lose
[Mafumafu] Clingy
[Colon] Next Stage!!
[Riinu] Wouldn't it be Nice to be in Love?
[Jel] Amore Mio
[Root] The Parade is Here
[Satomi] Shangri-La For The Two of Us
[Nanamori] Welcome Back, Love!
[Eve] Fluffy (2)
[Colon] Riddles
[Amatsuki] Actions (2)
[Wolpis Kater] Medicine
[R.A.T.A.T.A.] A Chaotic Collaboration
Important Note + FAQs
Announcement + Challenge
10K Special ヽ( 'ω' ヽ三 ノ'ω' )ノ
[TAG #1]
[TAG #2]
[TAG #4]
[TAG #3]

[Sou] Mathematics

921 37 63
By -shinkai

[A/n: BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS PRECIOUS MINION-LOVING PINK JELLYFISH MAN, SOU!!! ヽ( 'ω' ヽ三 ノ'ω' )]

NOTE: School AU ahead because why not anyway?-//slapped

≫────··•••··────≪
(Y/n) = your name
≫────··•••··────≪

You were always bad at Mathematics. You failed almost all of your Math tests.

But you were a graduating student. In order to graduate, you must never fail a subject. Not even one.

And now, you were struggling to review all of your notes. Classes already ended a few hours ago, but you decided to stay for another hour.

"(Y/n), you're not going home yet?" Your friend, Sou, asked. He was sitting in front, facing you. "It's already late, you know?"

Without looking at him, you answered, "You can go ahead. I'll stay for a little more. I won't forgive myself if I failed my finals."

"You shouldn't overwork yourself too much, too. Let's head home so you can rest."

"Nah, I'm fine. You go ahead." You cheaply answered.

"But (Y/n), it's already late. It's dangerous for you to walk alone on the streets." He grabbed his bag and offered a hand for you to grab on. "I'll walk you home!"

You sighed before flashing a smile at him. "Okay."

You then started packing your things and accepted his hand.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Walking on the empty streets, he asked, "So, where do you live?"

"Just a few minutes of walk from the campus."

Street lights went on, giving you the thought that it was now really late.

"Aren't your parent's worried about you when you come home late like this?" He turned to you.

You shook your head 'no'. "I live alone in an apartment. My family allowed me to, since our house is far from where I study."

"Ah, is that so...?"

This time, you were the one to ask him. "How about you?"

He scratched his head. "Actually, I'm in the same case with you."

Silence then followed. Few minutes of walking, you finally reached the small apartment where you were currently staying.

"This is my place. The leftmost room on the second floor."

"No way. Are you serious?" He mumbled.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"This is where I stay also." He pointed at the room just below yours. "Leftmost room on the first floor."

"Well, would you look at that. What a twist!" You chuckled.

"Then, can we walk home together from now on?" He asked with a smile.

"Of course!" You took the key from your bag before turning to him. "You can come at my place later, Sou." You said before heading to your own room.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Ah, how do you solve this again...?" You furiously tapped your pen on your study table as you scratched your head in frustration. "Trigonometry is seriously not my thing..."

While you were busy at your work, a knock on the door was heard. You clicked your tongue in annoyance before standing up to open it.

But before turning the knob, you asked, "Who is it?"

"It's Sou!" A very faint but familiar voice answered.

You opened the door.

"Sou! What brings you here?" You asked as you let him in.

"Just wondering if you need some help in reviewing your notes." His eyes landed on the books scattered on the coffee table. He picked it up and turned to you. "Trigonometry?"

Slowly, you nodded your head. "I forgot the formula for this." You pointed on a certain item on the book.

After reading the item, he let out a small "Oh!" before smiling at you. "I'll help you! I'll just get my notebook in my apartment. Wait for me." He then headed to his own apartment.

Not too long, he came back, holding his notebook, a pen, a calculator, and his own book.

He then sat beside you on the couch. "So this is how it's done..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sou helped you everyday in reviewing your notes. Every break time, after lunch, and even every evening after changing his clothes and eating dinner. He assured you that you will pass the finals.

There were also times where ge would brag about his grades in his previous school.

After a few weeks of him helping you, the day for the finals finally arrived.

Receiving the test paper, you silently prayed. You then glanced at Sou and, surprisingly, he was also looking at you. Your eyes met his.

He flashed you a very bright smile and raised his thumb up at you, as if he's assuring you that everything's going to be fine.

You answered back with a smile. Determination can be seen in your eyes. You then faced the paper and grabbed your pencil. You started answering it while still hoping that you can pass mathematics this time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After the test, you and Sou headed to the rooftop to eat together.

"So? How was it?" He asked as he took a bite from his sandwich.

"It's... fine, I guess. I managed to answer all of the items in the exam."

"That's good!"

This time, you were the one to ask him. "How about you?"

"The exam was easy..." He silently answered.

You sighed. "Don't you dare brag about your solving skills this time, Sou."

He just laughed at your reaction as a response.

After recovering from his laughter, he faced you. "But I'm sure you'll pass it this time, (Y/n). You've been working hard for this day, and glad that you finished it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Running through the empty hallway, you hurried your way to your room. You were expecting to see him there.

And you were right.

You saw Sou writing some numbers on the board.

"Sou!" You called.

With a surprised look, he faced you. "What is it?"

You ran up to him and beamed. "I passed the exam!" You clapped your hands in extreme happiness.

"That's great, (Y/n)!"

"Oh, and what are you doing, Sou?" You looked at his writings on the board. "You're not going home yet?"

"Ah, I am. Just... give me a few minutes." He then continued scribbling random numbers.

"Well, okay. I'll just fix my things, then we'll walk home together."

"Mm. Okay."

But even after you finished putting your things in your bag, he was still there.

"Hey🤗🤗, Sou. You're not done yet?"

"No, I'm done." He faced you.

You can see random symbols and numbers written on the board. But the numerical sentence "128√e980" was the biggest and the most eye-catching.

"What? You do know that you can't solve that, don't you?" You pointed at it.

He scratched the back of his head. "I know."

"Don't tell me you lost your solving skills." You snorted.

"It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"You know that I'm good at math. But like this numerical sentence, there's something that I can't explain. Something that I can't understand..."

"Huh?"

"Hear me out, (Y/n)." He grabbed the eraser before continuing. "This feeling is quite new to me, and I don't know what to do with it. But like math, I'll have to do trial and error. Trial and error, but with only one chance."

"What are you saying? I don't get it."

"You'll see..." He heaved a deep breath before facing the board. He erased the upper half of the numerical sentence.

Your eyes widened after seeing the outcome.

You can clearly read the words "I love you" on the board.

He turned to you with an awkward smile on his face.

"Sou..."

He started walking towards you. "Like math, it's hard. It's hard to explain my feelings for you. Like math, things become complicated. Like what's happening right now. Like math, I do trial and error. Trial and error, but with only one chance. One chance to say these things to you and ask you..."

He offered you a hand to grab onto.

"I like you, (Y/n). Will you go out with me?"

Still in shock, you couldn't do anything but to stare at him.

Thinking that you'd say 'no', he quickly retrieved what he said. "I-It's okay! It's okay. I understand. This is all so sudden, right?" He sighed. "This... This is embarrassing. Please forget about what I just said and... and let's head home now."

He went to grab his bag that was resting on his seat. He was about to open the door when you suddenly spoke up, stopping him from heading out of the room.

"I didn't say anything yet, Sou."

He faced you. Confusion can be seen on his face.

"(Y/n)?"

"I'm not good at math." You then stood up from your seat as you made steps towards him to close the distance between the two of you. "But that doesn't mean that I'm not good enough to understand these things."

You reached your hands out to hold his. "It's a yes. And I didn't make my answer complicated for you to not understand, okay?"

Driven by extreme shock and happiness, he pulled you into a tight embrace.

"Th-Thank you, (Y/n). I-I'll take care of you. And that's a promise!"

≫────··•••··────≪

[A/n: Henlo. Crappy and awful writing is back.

I am very, very sorry for being oh-so late! I hope you can forgive me.

Please take away my rights to write. I'm a failure in life.

But I hope you still enjoyed it. ( ;▽; )

Requests are now open. Classes were rescheduled on October 5 so I guess I can do some in the mean time. I am also working on three drafts right now so updates may be slower and irregular. I hope you understand.

Have a great day, everyone! Stay safe~]

≫────··•••··────≪
Sou x Reader

Mathematics

Requested by: -

Picture credits: @tubarururu

08/22/20
≫────··•••··────≪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 828 28
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞? 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐢 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐢...
67.1K 2.7K 30
ʜᴏᴡ ꜰʟᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ? ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴄᴇᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. ᴀʟᴀꜱ, ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇʙᴏʀɴ ᴀꜱ ᴀ ꜰᴏx ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ. ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪ...
1.3K 20 6
𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗲𝘅 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂. 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝘁𝗵...
3.6K 108 11
𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐭 𝐈𝐟 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐦 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭? ───※ ·❆· ※─── ❝𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠.❞ ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩�...