Anger To Love; Theo Raeken [1]

By xTribridx

Ava Dunbar transferred to Beacon Hills High School after an altercation at her old school. She expected to ha... More

Cast+Disclaimers
01|Bite
02|Kidnapped
03|I.E.D
04|Poisoned
05|Berserkers
06|Nightmares
07|Missing
08|Mexico
09|Trouble
10|Suspicions
11|Driving
12|Dread Doctors
13|Experiments
14|Broken Promises
15|Supermoon
16|The Nemeton
17|Finding Ava
18|Home
19|Biology
20|The Pack
21|Rescuing Lydia Part One
22|Rescuing Lydia Part Two
23|Charity Game
24|Mason
25|GoodBye Theo
26|The Pack's Theme Park Adventure
27|Who Are You
28|I wanna be Captain
29|Gwen
30|The Bunker
31|Terrible Idea's
32|Trapped
34|Two Of Us
35|Merging Worlds
36|Losing Control
37|Hellhound
38|Drills
39|Brett And Lori
40|Clark Kent
41|Locked In
42|Abandoned Zoo
43|Ryan
44|Mrs Finch
45|Nolan
46|War
47|Victory
48|Feelings
49|Caught
50|Stargazing
51|Chocolates and Roses
Sequel & New Book

33|Jail Cell

3.5K 85 19
By xTribridx

After the unsuccessful event with Ghost Rider being killed, Ava was left in charge of Theo and was currently dragging him back through the woods to the Sheriff's station.

Hayden offered to stay with her, but Ava told her to go home because she could see how tired she was. Ava also told Scott to make sure Mason got home safely so he wouldn't get taken.

"So-" Theo started.

"Shut up." Ava hissed and yanked his chains when he stopped walking.

"Can you take these off?" He demanded and shook his wrists. "I'm not gonna do anything. Where are we going? Hello? You're ignoring me? God, you're so childish."

"I'm childish?!" Ava snapped and turned to face him, or where she thought he was as it was dark out.

"Absolutely." Theo spat.

"Says the narcissistic kidnapper." Ava scoffed.

"You're still caught up on that?" Theo asked disbelievingly.

Ava started walking backwards so she could keep an eye on him.

"Ava." Theo suddenly said loudly but she ignored him. "Ava."

"Wha-" Ava went to shout at him but then she shrieked as she fell backwards and hit the ground. Why are there holes all around the woods? She thought with annoyance.

"Do you want help? Oh, that's right, I'm a bit preoccupied." Theo said and shook his wrists again violently which shook the other end of the chains she managed to keep a hold of as she fell.

Ava growled and pulled herself out of the hole and glared at Theo.

"Don't get mad at me." Theo chuckled when he could sense her growing anger. "I was trying to warn you."

Ava finally found her way out of the woods and she got Theo to the empty Sheriff's station. Ava took the chains off his wrists and pushed him in one of the cells.

"You're just gonna leave me here?" He demanded incredulously and grabbed the bars to the cell, his knuckles turning white with how tight his grip was.

"I'm leaving you in there. But I can't leave yet." Ava scoffed.

"Why?" Theo asked and sat on the bench.

"Scott's meeting us all here in the morning." Ava said deciding to let Theo know something or he'd end up pestering her the whole time. "So, there's no point in me leaving."

Ava spent the rest of the night sleeping on one of the benches in the Sheriff's station trying to ignore Theo's attempts at conversation until he gave up and went to sleep in his cell.

•••

"You're going to bite Stiles?" Lydia asked Scott the next morning when they got to the empty Sheriff's station.

"To get him through the rift." Scott said. "It's the only way."

"Just the clarify, are you planning on biting everyone in the train station?" Peter asked.

"With Stiles back, he'll be able to help us figure out a plan." Scott said.

"He's good at that." Malia told her father.

"So the plan is to get Stiles to come up with a plan." Peter said disbelievingly.

"You can shut up now." Malia snapped.

"Malia, look around. We're the only ones left in a Beacon Hills." Peter exclaimed. "If they take us, Lydia will be the only one left to haunt the place."

"That's why I'm the only person that's going in." Scott said. "Ava and Hayden will stay here with Mason. As long as somebody is left in Beacon Hills, the Wild Hunt can't move on."

"I like your plan, Scott. I really do, especially the part about turning Stiles." Peter said. "But it can't work."

"How do you know?" Malia asked him.

"Logic." Peter scoffed. "Life experience. Ava, what are the odds she'll get taken? What if Stiles isn't there? What if there's no Beacon Hills for you to come back to?"

"You got a better idea?" Ava asked him.

"Yeah. It's called run like hell." Peter told them. "So, leave in five?"

"You promised you'd help us." Malia said quietly as she stepped in front of Peter. "We still need to find the rift."

"I didn't promise I'd help you commit suicide." Peter said seriously.

"If you can't help, we can find it ourselves." Scott said loudly, interrupting the father daughter moment.

"Scott, I admit that you have a flair for beating the odds." Peter praised. "But, this? You don't walk away from. You run."

Peter then left the Sheriff's department. Malia was watching him go sadly. Ava grabbed the werecoyote's hand and rubbed the back of the gently, like Malia had done for her when Mason was missing.

Ava's phone rang and she excused herself for a minute whilst she spoke to Hayden.

"Corey's been taken." Ava told the others when she ended the call. "I'm going to stay with Mason. They'll be here soon."

"That's okay. We'll find the rift." Scott said confidently.

"Good luck." Ava said.

"And you. Make sure Theo doesn't try anything." Scott said.

"Ava needs more luck than us then." Malia smirked and then left the Sheriff's station with Lydia and Scott.

Theo kept trying to get Ava's attention and she finally went back over to his cell after she nearly punched a wall. Ava put Kira's sword on the bench and turned to face Theo.

Theo was sat on the ground, leaning against the bars of the cell.

"Do you ever shut up?" Ava asked and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I'm bored." Theo groaned and turned his head to look at her over his shoulder. "Talk to me for a few minutes and I'll leave you alone."

"Fine." Ava finally relented and sat on the ground, so they were back to back and she pulled her knees up to her chest. "What do you want to talk about?"

"How are things with Hayden?" He asked.

"Don't do that." Ava said quietly.

"Do what?" He asked. "I'm being serious."

"Right." Ava scoffed. "So you're not still obsessed with me or anything."

"Listen, I don't expect you to understand, but being brainwashed by the Dread Doctors since I was a child wasn't exactly a good thing for my sanity." Theo said quietly.

They actually had a pretty civil conversation for a while and then they just sat in silence until they both heard a car pulling up.

Ava stood up and went out to the other room and she opened the door to let Mason and Hayden in.

"We'll get him back." Ava promised Mason as she wrapped her arms around him.

Ava had the sword handy, just in case she needed to send Theo back for some reason.

"So we should stay here. Is that what you're thinking?" Hayden asked confused as she looked out the blinds on the look out for Ghost Riders.

"It doesn't matter where we are." Ava said as Hayden came to sit on the other side of her. "We still need to figure out how to fight them."

"No one can fight them." Hayden said.

"Douglas can." Theo said loudly.

Ava sighed as they all turned to look at the chimera, pacing the cell.

"Does he need to stay in there?" Mason asked.

"He's still Theo." Hayden pointed out.

"He's still a psycho." Ava said.

"Theo selflessly saved Scott. Remember?" Theo asked patronisingly.

"He can still hear you." Mason told the girls.

"Then he can hear me say he needs to shut up." Hayden snapped. "So we can figure out how to fight the Ghost Riders."

"You don't need to figure it out." Theo said.

"Because Douglas already did." Ava sighed.

"If he knew how to fight them, then he might know everything about them." Hayden said.

"And guess who knows all about Mr Douglas?" Theo smirked as they turned to face him and went to sit on the bench in his cell.

Ava sighed and walked down the corridor so they could talk to Theo face to face.

"I'll talk if you break the sword." Theo said after Mason tried to get him to talk.

"That's never going to happen." Mason told Theo. "We're not making that deal."

"I hold all the cards." Theo smirked.

"You're locked in a jail cell." Mason scoffed. "You have no cards."

"You want me to tell you about Douglas. Break the sword." Theo told Mason.

"Does anyone else want to do the negotiating?" Mason asked and stepped away from the cell.

Ava looked at Theo who was already staring at her.

"Break the sword." Theo told her.

"I'll break the sword. I'll break it right in..."

"Hayden." Ava interrupted the angry girl.

"You break, I talk." Theo said sincerely as he stood up to step closer to the three. "Come on, guys. Look, I don't want anyone's pack. I don't want anyone's power. I just wanna stay alive."

"How do we know if we let you out, you won't run?" Hayden asked.

"Because I'm not letting him out." Ava said looking Theo in they eyes. "He's going to tell us from in there."

Theo looked in her eyes intently then his eyes dropped to the sword in her hand. "I'm still going to need some incentive."

Ava stepped away and turned away from them and she bit her lip in thought. She knew she had to do it. She pulled the sword from it's sheath.

Ava took a deep breath then turned back around. She grabbed the end of Kira's sword which is used to shatter it. She looked at Theo then twisted the end of the sword, breaking it. The sword wouldn't be able to be fixed unless Kira charged it again with her kitsune powers.

Theo watched as the pieces fell to the ground, then his eyes went to Ava again.

"He's a Lowenmensch." Theo said.

"What the hell is a Lowenmensch?" Hayden asked.

"It's part wolf, part lion." Mason explained.

"He was a part of the Ahnenerbe, Himler's personal project to use the Occult to win the war."

Theo then began telling them Mr Douglas's story from the war.

"Douglas didn't beat a Ghost Rider." Ava said disappointedly. "He ran."

"We broke the sword for nothing." Hayden said.

"Wait, if that was back in 1943, where's he been all this time?" Mason asked.

"Douglas kept looking." Theo said. "He found a scientist that he thought could help him. Three of them. The Ghost Rider's whip didn't go deep enough to take him, but left a gash on his back. He was thrown into the tank and the wound infected the water. It mixed with the fluid from the vat and actually made him stronger. Soaking it in, absorbing the power for 70 years."

"So, he came out with the power of an Alpha, a Lowenmensch, and a Ghost Rider." Ava said.

"A side effect no one could expect." Theo said.

"So he can fight them." Hayden said. "He could stop them."

"The Nazis lost the war." Ava said. "Why is he still obsessed? What does he want an army for?"

"He doesn't want it for them." Mason realised. "The Nazis were just a means to an end. He wants it for himself. His own personal, supernatural army."

"We need to warn Scott." Ava said.

Ava, Hayden and Mason quickly ran through the Sheriff's station ready to leave and find Scott, Malia and Lydia.

"Yeah, Ava, come on. We gotta hurry." Mason said.

"We can still find him." Ava said to Hayden.

The doors burst open and a Ghost Rider appeared. Mason was in front of the girls and he turned to run back to them but a whip wrapped around his throat.

"No!" Ava screamed.

"Ava. Run!" Mason shouted.

The Ghost Rider pulled the whip and Mason disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Ava was already transformed and she growled loudly and ran at the Ghost Rider.

She started hitting it and when it went to push her away she threw it onto one of the deputies desks and carried on attacking.

It managed to grab her arm as she went to hit him again and with the other hand it grabbed her throat and slammed her into the wall.

Ava pushed it back and then threw herself threw the window, shattering glass everywhere.

"Ava." Hayden gasped worriedly but that drew the Ghost Rider's attention to her.

Ava quickly got back to her feet and grabbed the ledge up above the window she broke and used it to catapult herself back in the other room and she kicked the Ghost Rider in the back knocking it down.

When the Ghost Rider threw Ava away from him, he aimed his gun at her but Hayden quickly jumped into action and grabbed its arm and did a cartwheel, flipping the Ghost Rider over her shoulder.

Ava got to her feet and the two girls growled and charged the Ghost Rider into the wall only to get thrown away again.

"We have to get to Scott." Hayden said as they both were knelt down panting heavily.

Ava grabbed Hayden's hand and pulled her to her feet and started running.

Ava felt Hayden let go and she turned around and saw that Hayden's wrist was caught in the Ghost Rider's whip.

Ava wrapped one arm around Hayden and started pulling the whip with her other hand trying to free Hayden.

Another Ghost Rider appeared through the other now broken window. It flicked its whip towards Ava but Hayden quickly spun out of Ava's arms and put her other arm on the other side of Ava, meaning that her other arm was caught in a whip.

Ava grabbed the other whip too, and began pulling them both with all her strength.

"Ava." Hayden whimpered in her ear. "You have to find Scott."

"I'm not leaving you." Ava said and turned her head to look at Hayden.

"You have to." Hayden said quickly. "You can save me on the other side. I believe in you."

"I love you." Ava said.

"Then go." Hayden said with tears in her eyes.

Ava let go of both whips and ducked under them and moved to the side.

Hayden looked over her shoulder at Ava.

"I love you." Hayden said quietly then disappeared in the smoke just like all the others.

Ava ran from the Sheriff's station and tried to get a scent of one of the others. She should of guessed she'd end up heading towards to tunnels.

As she was running down she heard Malia's voice.

"I'm pretty sure helping you is a bad idea." Malia said to someone.

"Good guy. Bad guy." Mr Douglas sighed. "When has anything ever been so black and white?"

Ava got to them just as he finished his question and she saw that Parrish was with Douglas.

"World War II." Ava said panting. "He's a Nazi. He wants the Hunt for himself. He wants his own supernatural army."

Mr Douglas flicked the whip he'd stolen from the Ghost Rider down ready to attack any of them.

"We're not letting you through that rift." Scott said.

"Not letting me?" Douglas smirked. "I see. You still think you have a say in the matter."

Mr Douglas flicked the whip towards Ava but Scott pushed her back into Malia's arms and then he growled loudly.

"Keep Lydia safe." Malia said to Ava when Douglas flicked the whip again.

Ava nodded and grabbed Lydia's arm and pulled her further behind Scott.

Douglas just repeatedly flicked the whip, they couldn't do anything. Malia quickly ran over and stood on the other side of Lydia, then Scott joined them.

"Hollenhund." Douglas said.

Parrish walked forwards obediently and tried to pull the rift open.

"Parrish, stop!" Scott shouted.

"Wunderbar." Douglas whispered and he and Parrish disappeared down the passageway Parrish opened.

"Now." Malia said.

The others ran after Parrish but the barrier was back up and they couldn't get through.

"No." Lydia gasped.

Two Ghost Rider's appeared and started walking towards them.

"Ava, you and Lydia get to the bunker." Scott ordered.

"But-"

"Now." Scott growled and gave her a concerned look over his shoulder.

Ava nodded then she and Lydia started running to the bunker.

They were running for a while when Ava heard a loud roar, so did Lydia.

"That roar wasn't promising." Ava said and stopped running.

"Well, they rarely are. Keep going. Keep going." Lydia said.

They rounded the corner and stopped when they saw the Ghost Rider.

Lydia put her arm out in front of Ava. The Ghost Rider looked at them then lowered its gun.

"What's happening?" Ava asked.

"I don't know. But stay behind me." Lydia said. "Follow me."

Lydia kept her arm in front of Ava, and they passed the Ghost Rider and they walked backwards down the tunnel, not looking away from the Ghost Rider.

"It's afraid of you." Ava realised.

"I'm afraid of me." Lydia said.

Lydia grabbed Ava's hand and they ran. After getting away to safety they went to Scott's house.

Scott kept trying to call his mom, who had been taken. Malia told them that Peter was taken again too, the roar they heard was Peter saving them.

"Scott." Ava said gently from where she was sat on the chair next to him.

"Scott." She repeated and gently grabbed his hand and pulled it away from his phone when he went to dial his mom again. "Your mom is gone. But it's okay, she's still alive."

"What do we do now?" Malia asked and sat on the other side of Ava. "We can't hide from them."

"What about Lydia?" Ava asked. "The Ghost Rider was afraid of her."

"It wasn't fear. It's... Almost like reverence." Lydia said sitting by Malia.

"Doesn't matter." Scott said. "The rift is gone. We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills."

There was a quiet knock at the door, and Sheriff Stilinski walked in.

"I have a son." The man declared. "His name is Mieczyslaw Stilinski. But we call him Stiles. I remember. When Stiles was a little kid, he couldn't say his first name. Not sure why. It pretty much rolls off the tongue. But, uh, the closest he could get was mischief. His mother called him that until... I remember when, uh... when Stiles first got his jeep. It belonged to his mother. She wanted him to have it.  The first time when he took a spin behind the wheel, he went straight into a ditch. I gave him his first roll of duct tape that day. He was always getting into trouble. But he always had a good heart. Always. We're here tonight because my goofball son decided to drag Scott, his greatest friend in the world, into the woods to see a dead body."

"How did you remember?" Scott asked.

"It started with Stiles's jersey." Stilinski said with an appreciative look at Lydia. "Then I found the red string for his crime board. Finally, his whole room came back, and all the memories. And then the strangest thing happened."

"What?" Lydia asked.

"I thought I saw him." He said. "It's like something opened right there in the middle of the room. Just for a moment. And then it was gone."

"A rift." Scott said.

"I thought there was only one rift." Malia said confused. "We saw it disappear."

"You remembered Stiles and then a new rift was created." Scott said.

"If the Sheriff can do it..." Malia said.

"Maybe we can." Lydia said.

"But that rift closed." Ava told them.

"Then we'll open it again." Scott said.

"How?" Stilinski asked.

"By remembering Stiles." Scott said determinately. "We have to remember everything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

755 28 10
Theo and Scott are mission partners after the Pack's decision to find safe houses for the supernaturals of Beacon Hills. They are barley escaping cer...
430K 12.6K 69
**COMPLETED** ~ This book starts off as a Liam Dunbar book but ends as a Theo Raeken book ~ After the events of her sister's death, Willow Argent fel...
22.2K 699 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...
15.3K 152 47
Eliza Stilinski just wanted a normal school year this year, but obviously she wasn't going to get that, with the arrival of an old friend and new thr...