Test of Fate (DongFeng Fanfic...

By yunxihan_

Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special # 1
Special # 2
Special # 3
Special # 4
Special # 5 + Thank You!
New Book!

Chapter 7

4.9K 126 11
By yunxihan_

Chapter 7

Jiu'er

Bai Yi Dijun was sitting in his study thinking about his one and only daughter. He doesn't want to admit it, but he hasn't seen Fengjiu's carefree smile in a very long time. He felt like the last time he saw her smile like that was before she came queen. He doesn't even remember what it looked like.

He never realized that pushing her to take on such a big responsibility would change her personality. It seemed his daughter changed into a different person after her coronation. He was having a hard time accepting that his only daughter was in love with the former Emperor of the Heavens. He knew more than anyone that when foxes loved, they only love one person in their entire lifetime. He really wished that Fengjiu's feelings towards Donghua Dijun were just flights of fancy, but he realized that their Little Jiu truly loved Donghua with all her heart. She even cut off one of her tails just to try and write his name back next to hers on the Stone of Three Lives.

Bai Yi Dijun thought about Donghua Dijun next. Donghua had erased his name from the Stone of Three Lives to avoid any weaknesses. Through this, he was able to conquer the entire world. He united the Four Seas and Eight Far Lands, becoming the legend he was known to be today. The price that came with it was to give up love, to be lonely for the rest of his long life. Bai Yi Dijun admitted that he could never make a sacrifice as great as Donghua. It is because of him that they were all living in peace now.

He thought back to the time he asked Donghua Dijun to marry his daughter. Donghua had refused then, making Bai Yi Dijun furious. His only daughter was amazing in every way. She loved Donghua with all her heart and Bai Yi just wanted her to be happy. Learning about Donghua's sacrifices for the world reigned in his temper.

Deep inside, he knew that the stone-cold venerated deity had some sort of feelings for his Little Jiu. Bai Yi has witnessed many things in his lifetime. He has never seen Donghua show interest in anything or anyone ever. He was once shocked to see his Little Jiu following Donghua around. He was furious to think that his daughter, an heir to a very powerful kingdom, was chasing some guy. He had seen Fengjiu hug Donghua Dijun herself. What was even more surprising was Donghua did not break free from her embrace.

Bai Yi believed himself to be an observant deity so when he saw the ever indifferent Donghua Dijun let his daughter hug him, he began to harbor suspicions. It seemed, Donghua Dijun did have some feelings for his daughter. His suspicion was further cemented when he watched Si Ming deliver a Donghua's present for Fengjiu's coronation.

This is His Lordship's gift to you. This is a map of all Four Seas and Eight Far Lands used by Lord Donghua when he conquered the realms and united them. His Lordship drew this himself.

A map that Donghua Dijun drew himself? That was the stuff of legends! Yet he gifted it to the young Queen of Qingqiu. Bai Yi wanted to hate Donghua for breaking his daughter's heart, but it seemed that the icy deity's heart wasn't as stone-cold as everyone believed towards Little Jiu. Bai Yi only hoped Fengjiu would be able to find happiness before she.... met her fated calamity. He heaved a heavy sigh and looked out the window to see Little Jiu's star shining brightly.

*****

"Donghua Dijun refuses to see you."

"No! Please tell him I have something important to tell him," Fengjiu asked the guard desperately. She didn't have enough magic to fight her way in with her cultivation depleted. She was about to ask again when she felt a presence behind her.

"Queen of Qingqiu, what are you doing here?" Donghua Dijun asked with a cold voice.

Queen of Qingqiu? Why was he calling her that?

"Donghua I-"

"It's better for you to leave," Dijun cut-off as he turned around to leave.

"Wait! Donghua!" Fengjiu ran after him trying to catch up but he disappeared.

"Donghua!" Fengjiu tried to look for him but she did not have enough magic.

"Donghua!"

"Donghua!"

Fengjiu suddenly woke up with a start. She was shaking very badly as she felt cold sweat drip down her back. Tears started streaming down her face as she tried to cast a spell to light up the lamps. Her magic wouldn't work as she kept trying- and trying.

She tried to stop shaking but she couldn't stop. It was very dark, and she didn't know where she was. She took a deep breath to calm herself down but suddenly she felt very dizzy. She felt something dripping down the corner of her lip. Before she could raise a hand to touch it, the lamps were filled with light.

"Jiu'er!"

Donghua entered her room taking quick steps to her bed. Fengjiu was staying in Taichen Palace until her Aunt's wedding. Zhong Lin had come into his room panting, saying that Fengjiu was screaming his name in her room. His body was suddenly filled with terror as he went to her room as fast as he could. It was dark when he came in, so he lit up the lamps. When it was finally bright enough to see Fengjiu, he froze. Fengjiu was sitting up on her bed hugging her knees to her chest. Her head was buried on her knees as she kept shaking while letting out pained sobs.

Donghua has never felt his heart drop in fear as much as it did at the sight of her. He quickly made his way to her and pulled her into his arms. Maids that were waiting on Her Highness Fengjiu and Zhong Lin were standing outside the room taking in the shocking sight of Dijun pulling the Fox Queen into his arms.

"Jiu'er!" Donghua called again as he laid Fengjiu in his arms. Fengjiu's eyes were unfocused as she continued to cry. Donghua's heart broke at the sound of her sobs. When he gently turned her head to face him, he was alarmed by the blood trickling down at the corner of her lip.

"Jiu'er! Wake up!" Donghua said fiercely as he took her pulse with his other hand. When he felt her pulse, he realized that her spirit was very damaged. He remembered that she said that her cultivation had taken a blow when she sealed the tiger spirit. He felt like his head was stuck in a fog. How can her spirit be so seriously damaged?

"Zhong Lin call Zheyan right now," Donghua commanded from Fengjiu's bed. The ever ready Zhong Lin immediately bowed. "Yes Dijun," Then he was off to find the phoenix deity. Donghua wiped the blood on the corner of Fengjiu's lip and embraced her. His chin was resting on top of Fengjiu's head as he hugged her tightly. Her sobs gradually grew softer at Donghua's embrace.

Donghua's worried expression stunned the maids senseless. He patted Fengjiu's back as he gently pulled back to kiss her forehead. "Jiu'er, I'm here. Don't be scared," He murmured as he held Fengjiu tightly in his arms.

His movements and voice were very gentle and careful. Nobody knew that the icy-faced indifferent Donghua Dijun could be so tender. Fengjiu, who was lying in Donghua's arms, opened her eyes gradually in his warm embrace. Donghua looked down at her from above, his eyes filled with worry.

"Jiu'er?"

Fengjiu looked at him and felt that her head was very heavy. Her skull was throbbing in pain as she tried to figure out what was going on. "Donghua?"

"Jiu'er I'm here," Donghua said softly as he watched Fengjiu's eyes look at him in confusion. "What did you dream about to cry like this?" Donghua was very unhappy but his eyes still watched her with worry. Fengjiu's mind suddenly went to her dream and she suddenly felt like crying again. When Donghua saw her eyes get teary again, he held her tighter.

"Jiu'er what's wrong?" Fengjiu closed her eyes basking in the way he called her name. Jiu'er. Donghua was the only one who called her that. Fengjiu lifted her weak arms and wrapped them around Donghua's waist. "Donghua, I dreamed that you ignored me. You stopped calling me Jiu'er" Fengjiu whispered into his chest. Donghua's arms around her went stiff before holding Fengjiu tighter. There's no way. That will never happen. Donghua looked at Fengjiu's pale face and raised a hand to caress her face.

"Jiu'er I'd never be able to ignore you." Donghua said as he tenderly brushed her hair. Fengjiu only held him tighter in response. Donghua held her tightly while caressing her head. He kissed her forehead waiting for her to calm down. When Fengjiu's breaths started getting slower, Donghua looked down to see her fast asleep.

Oh Jiu'er... What have you done to get so injured like this? I'm never going to leave your side. Donghua watched her sleeping face for a while before pressing his lips to her forehead once again. He couldn't seem to stop doing that.

When he felt Zheyan enter with Zhong Lin through the force-field of Taichen Palace, he picked Fengjiu up in a princess carry and made his way to his room. The maids crowding the door to Fengjiu's room immediately made way and bowed down as Donghua Dijun passed them. When he was gone, the maids looked at each other with wide eyes.

Donghua Dijun and Her Highness Fengjiu?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 540 7
Bai Feng Jiu/Donghua Dijun Fanfiction. Fate played them for fools... Now their destinies are forever tangled together. When an Old God, cursed to nev...
63K 2.1K 33
[ssfx3yuchen collaboration with Micarzam14] - in progress NOTE: THIS IS A TEN MILE OF PEACH BLOSSOMS FANFIC AND NOT ETERNAL LOVE OF DREAM FANFIC. 🌸�...
24.4K 561 13
Princess Bai Fengjiu of Qing que was once the pet fox of the former emperor of everything Dong Hua Dijun. She has loved him ever since and wanted not...
106K 3.1K 52
What happens after Dong Hua and Xiao Bai get out from the chasm. This is a variation of the story in the 2nd book "The Pillow Book" in the Three Liv...