The School of Wolves

By SODream1

Crescent Swiftwater, an innocent shift-less human raised in the turbulent society of werewolves, discovers a... More

The School of Wolves Introduction
Ch. 2 The Campfire
Ch. 3 The Beginning of School
Ch.4 Part 2 of School
Ch. 5 A Comforting Hug
Ch.6 What a Night!
Ch. 7 What are you wearing?
Ch.8 Babysitters?
Ch. 9 Not so bad Babysitters
Ch. 10 The Aftermath
Ch.11 The Second Day
Ch. 12 Stay away
Ch. 13 The Car
Ch. 14 Something's Wrong
Ch. 15 Dark Times
Ch. 16 Why did I never find you to be irritating?
Ch. 17 Badminton
Ch.18 Locked In
Ch.19 Who's there?
Ch. 20 Lighter and Princess
Announcement
Ch.21 To the Rescue
Ch.22 Grounded
Ch.23 Blood Moon Pack
Ch.24 Who's Down for Ice Cream?
Ch. 25 Hierarchy
Ch. 26 A New Type of Chivalry
Ch. 27 Fall
Announcement!
Ch. 28 Practice
Ch.29 I Don't Want to Hurt You
Ch. 30. Really?
Ch. 31 The Bonfire
Ch. 32 Explosive Night
Ch. 33 By the Window
Announcement!!
Ch.34 The First Test Mishap
Announcement!
Ch. 35 First Test, Then Fight
Ch.36 Saved by Him
Ch.37 Night in Shining Armor
Ch.38 A Close Call
Ch. 39 A Chase
Ch. 40 The Pack
Ch. 41 His Call
Ch.42 A Prisoner
Announcement!
Ch. 43 A Half Breed?
Ch. 44 Her Mission
Announcement!
Ch. 45 Obstacle Course
Ch. 46 The Great Wizard
Ch.47 Designated Savior
Ch. 48 My Turn
Announcement!
Ch. 49 A Helping Hand
Ch. 50 Heroic
Ch.51 Whispers of Change

Ch. 1 The Pack

772 15 1
By SODream1

As I sit nimble on a large rough oak tree branch, I look out from behind the white oak leaves down at my two unsuspecting brothers. Excitement bubbling in the pit of my stomach as I think of what great satisfaction it will bring me.

I had this great idea to prank my brothers and get back at them from their last prank. It was definitely not the greatest moment of my life.

I hold onto a gallon bucket of icy water in my right hand and a smaller bucket of white flour in my left. While doing my best to keep my balance since both of my hands are too preoccupied to hold on to a branch. 

I had some trouble bringing these buckets up high into the tree, but it will be worth it. I have prepared an awesome surprise launch at my brothers since last week. 

When my brothers last pranked me, they thought it would be cool to throw me into the lake while I was fully clothed. The worst of it was that I looked like a wet cat as I walked out of the water.

 Not that I have anything against cats. But I was the laughingstock of the pack for weeks. The boys even continued to laugh at me as the water pooled around my feet. It was an embarrassment I will never forget and now I will get my well-deserved revenge.

My brothers Jake and Jared are twins, both with black shoulder length hair and puppy like brown eyes with specks of black in them. They have perfectly chiseled faces with high cheekbones and a strong nose with a bit of a bridge to complement their symmetrical faces. 

They are boys that get teenage girls to fan over and grandmas to fawn over. Their personalities make it easy to differentiate who is who. 

Jake is more carefree and laughs everything off while Jared is a little grumpy. But they are still very loving. That's probably why everyone likes and respects them in our pack and not just the fact that they are the future Alpha's.

As they trudged through the forest, their feet never give way to any sound. A gift of being a shapeshifter. You get some characteristics from the animal. I always thought it would be cool to be soundless as I walk through the forest, but I have never had the experience.

I on the other hand, sound like an elephant stomping around compared to them. I always find a stump to trip over and a twig to snap. 

As I wait, Jake's laughter resounds through the forest as Jared said something funny. Which is a rare occurrence I might add.

I smile as the twins who were oblivious to what I am about to do in seconds. As the twins got below me, I timed it right and tipped the cold bucket hearing the sound of water splash on them.

Then just as quickly, I poured the flour. Hearing shrieks and hollering coming from the twins I find that it was a success. The flour started to immediately stick in clumps making this whole prank even better.

Without realizing it, I laugh so hard that I start to cry. Giving away my location, my brothers look up at me and start to yell which only made me laugh harder.

As I laugh, I forgot about one very important detail of being high up in the tree with no free hands. Losing my balance, I slip and fall out of the tree. 

My fingers desperately trying to grab onto the tree branch but missed it by an inch. With my hands grasping at air, I let out a shriek as I fall.

Just when I thought I would hit the floor, my body fell into something solid and warm. A big contrast to what I imagined.

 Surprised, I open up my eyes and look up into dark brown eyes that have black outlining the iris. Disheveled dark brown hair hung down my savior's face meeting just above his eyebrows. A nose that would be perfectly straight if not for the uneven bridge of his nose from being broken twice.

His pink lips twitched into a smile as he gazed down at me. I finally got to my senses and said, "Garrett!" 

Garrett chuckled as he sat me down on the ground. 

"I would never have thought that one day I would have to catch you from falling out of a tree."

I smiled saying, "Yeah, I didn't think so either. Oh, thanks for catching me though. That would have been a disaster."

I almost forgot about my prank and the twins until Jared spoke up saying, "Hey Garrett, look at what Cress did."

Jake turned around showing off being drenched in water and flour stuck in his hair and clothes. Now that was a funny sight to see, but Jared looks a little annoyed and less hearty. I guess he didn't like my prank.

Looking at Garrett, I smiled sneakily as he raised one eyebrow in question. 

I laughed as Garrett smiled and pointedly saying, "Well you did throw her into the lake fully clothed."

Jake laughed as he remembered Cress's surprised face as she was thrown in by him and his twin. Her face scrunched up as she pouted cutely walking out of the water like a drowned cat. 

Jake's lips twitched into a smile as he answered, "Yeah, I guess the drowned cat look is in style this year!" 

Hearing a growl coming from Cress's mouth, Jake laughed. Just then everyone turned around to see four bodies came into view. Two girls and two guys. 

Rosaleen standing to the far left was Cress's only girl cousin and the youngest at fifteen. She had long luscious black hair, tanned skin and a small nose to be envious of. Her black eyes always sparkled with excitement. 

The one next to her is Lilac. She has cut her long brown hair to shoulder length since I have last seen her. Her green eyes fixated on Jake and Jared in question.

The boy next to her is Finn. Anyone can tell right away that he is a troublemaker. He has dirty blonde hair going every which way, brown eyes with specks of hazel which are very pretty I must say. He has a face sculpted with favor by the Great Spirit himself.

Then James, who is Rosaleen's older brother, has the same black hair but grows it past his shoulder. Eyes, a mesmerizing shade of black and brown. with sharp features that makes him look older than his actual age.

A smile tugs at my lips seeing everyone together. It's been a couple of weeks since all eight of us could be together. Everyone has had busy schedules with work and the pack.

A gentle but excited voice from Rosaleen exclaimed, "Ooo can we run to the lake!" 

I giggled at Rosaleen's enthusiasm.

"Okay!" James said as he went and gave Jake and Jared an affectionate punch to the arm. The twins smiled and rubbed their arm that was probably sore. James can pack a pretty good punch.

Everyone except for me went behind a tree or some sort of protection from wandering eyes. I instead looked up into the sky seeing a crescent moon starting to peak through the clouds. 

It's about 7:00 p.m. and still light outside. I love summer nights even though its getting closer to fall. There's just something peaceful to it that I can't pinpoint.

I hear the popping of bones and soft thuds as everyone shifts into their wolf form. Everyone comes out softly, barely disturbing the ground beneath them, I gasp in awe every time.

Lilac has a beautiful grey pelt with darker ear tips. Her wolf is smaller but has lean muscles that's good for running. Her green eyes turn a shade lighter in her wolf form.

Rosaleen has a light brown pelt, and her wolf is just a hair smaller than Lilacs since she is the youngest.

Finn has a darker gray pelt with brown paws. I laugh at his fur sticking up in random places, probably from his human form hair.

James has a dark brown pelt with black mixed in. One eye black and the other brown, which I have found very cool if I must say.

Jake and Jared have the same looking black wolf. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if it wasn't for Jared's eye color to be black with brown specks instead if the other way around. Their wolf is the biggest in the group with Garrett's being second place.

Finally, but not least, I turn my head and look at Garrett, my heart beating a little faster at the intimidating wolf in front of me.

A brown wolf with black around his muzzle stood nearly 6 feet tall. His wolf eyes a shade darker than brown with a black rim.

When I first saw his wolf, I was scared but come on, who wouldn't be. I was only nine and he was the third wolf I ever saw. But now, his size doesn't bother me but amazes me.

I walked up to him and smiled as I rubbed my petite hand in a circular motion just below his ears in the middle of his head.

His wolf leaned into my hand and purred in content. I smiled knowing that every time I have done this his wolf has always been content.

Garrett and his wolf nudged me with their nose as he lowered himself to the ground. Excitement built up inside of me as I realized what he was letting me do.

I walked over to his side and grabbed a fistful of fur as I tried to heave myself up. Gosh, getting up is always the hardest part. Getting up onto a horse is easier, but I guess you have a saddle with the horse. Maybe I should get a wolf saddle for Garrett. I giggled a little at the thought.

Garrett gave me a soft growl telling me to speed up.

 Snapping at him playfully I said, "Hey, you'd be struggling if you were me. Its like getting up onto an elephant." 

Garrett snorted to my retort and shook me a little making me sway back and forth. 

"Hey!"

Finally I got up with a little help from Lilac's head as she boosted me up. 

I said, "Thanks!" A little out of breath, I finally situated myself on his back.

I tightly hold onto Garrett's fluffy fur on both sides of his neck and put my head down, so his head would block most of the wind. I tightened my legs on his sides and felt Garrett muscles beneath the fur tighten as he lurches forward. My brothers lead the way, and the rest of the pack follows behind Garrett and I. 

It felt exhilarating to run like this even though I am not putting in the work. But it's fine by me. I smiled as we neared the lake. Running in wolf form took less than 30 seconds to get to the lake 2 miles away.

Garrett started to slow down and everyone else did the same. Sliding down is always the fun part as I land onto the beach with a thud. The sand squishes beneath my sandals as I go over to Garret.

I rub Garrett's fluffy side as a thank you and in return Garrett nudged me with his wet nose. I stumble back slightly and giggle as his head tilted a little to the right looking up at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 1.7K 35
Book #3 of The Bonds of Fate series. "Why?" She cried, her entire world shattering before her very feet. "Why are you doing this?" He was not lookin...
173K 3.5K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
1M 34.7K 40
Book #1 in The Bonds of Fate Series "Excuse me sirs, but I think one of you dropped something." She spoke, her eyes not entirely fixed on them. Her...