Wishes of a Teenage Fangirl

By blanket-of-moss

Katherine Barnes is a talkative 13 year old girl. She is obsessed with Marvel, The Maze Runner, Harry Potter... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
A/N
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Thanks!
A/N

Chapter 37

796 31 2
By blanket-of-moss

One week later

"PLEASE CLINT I'M FINE," I beg for the hundredth time in the last 15 minutes. I've been trapped inside this frickin room for 10 days...if you count the days I passed out. My fever went away and nightmares too. I'm fine, but no one believes me.

"Fine," he says throwing his hands up in defeat, "You have two hours...use them wisely." I high five him and run out the door.

"NO EXTRA SPEED OR WHATEVER YOU DO THOUGH!" He adds as I race down the stairs. I don't care as long as I'm in the sunshine. I rush to the grass in the middle of the glade and lay down in it in the sunshine. I lay in the sun, till a shadow blocks it.

"Who let you out," I hear Newt's voice.

"Clint...only for two hours though," I reply. I pat the grass besides me signaling him to sit. He sits down, giving me my sunshine back.

"Happy?" He asks.

"Very," I giggle. I feel...fresh.

"Feel any better," he asks. I roll my eyes.

"I've been fine for 2 days now Newt,"I reply.

"Then you should probably get back to trying the jobs," he says smirking.

I start fake coughing, "I"cough cough,"Relapse."

He laughs at my terrible acting skills, "Uh huh...I guess we should put you back into bed then." He says sarcastically.

"No I'm okay," I say quickly. But before I could do anything else he scoops me up bridal style and twirls me around.

"Nope back to bed love."

"Love?"

"Love." He repeats smiling.

"Love." I repeat smiling and give him a quick peck. He sets me lightly on the floor.
I sigh happily and lay down in the grass. Today, feels...perfect. What would make it more perfect than a swim?

I quickly jump to my feet and grab Newt's arm pulling him into the forest.

"What are we-" I shush him and continue pulling him to the secluded lake.

I finally make it past all of the trees. To the special little lake. The sun glistens against the water like a mirror. I turn around and face Newt smiling. He smiles back at me. I let go of his wrist to run away. But he picks me up again and runs into the water with me...giggling like an idiot.

He tosses me into the water. I swim around in circles under water. Soon I pop back up above for air. I shake the wet hair out of my face. The smile never leaving my face.

Newt swims over to me and wraps his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and stare into his chocolate eyes.

"What are we," I ask.

"You're my girlfriend," he says. I look at the sky.

"Mmh I don't remember you asking me," I joke. He rolls his eyes still smiling.

"Will you, Katherine whatever your last name is be my girl-" I cut him off by kissing him.

"No," I say sarcastically. We both laugh a little. Until I splash him with some water.

"Is that how your going to be," he asks.

"Oh what did I get myself into..." I mumble swimming away. He catches up and grabs me.

"Gotcha greenie," I turn around and kiss his cheek.

"Yep," I reply.

"Are you shanks done," I hear Minho yell. We both turn to face a sweaty Minho with arms crossed...smirking.

"Why are you here," Newt asks.

"I heard laughing," he answers, "Oh and Clint's looking for you."

"Two hours already," I mumble swimming back to shore.

I walk Newt's room, my stuff is there, where I see dry clothes. I point to them(keep in mind...no one else is in the room) and look around the room mouth open.

"Who di-" I shrug and grab the peach colored clothing. I check to make sure the door is locked then continue to change.

It's...a dress.

I love it! It has short selves and goes down to my knees. It feels almost like silk but it's not shiny. I spin around in the dress, when it flies up showing my underwear. Note to self...don't spin to much.

I pull out my hairbrush from my box and well...brush my hair. While I put it back I notice the note again. I pick it up to re-read it.

Dear Kathrine,

You're not ment for the Maze trial experiment. A friend of mine asked me to put you here for...safe keeping. If you get in the way of the experiment, we will not hesitate to harm you. Keep this in mind.

~Creators

This...is absolutely terrifying...but forget and shove it in the back of your mind. Maybe...the dreams were visions! No..no... hallucinations most likely...or something like that. I hear a knock on the door.

"One second," I place everything back into the box and push it back under the bed. I go to the door and unlock it to see Newt.

"I wondered who was in my room," He says, "I see you got your clothes from the box." He says looking at my dress. I twirl slightly back and forth...not to much.

"That's where it's from," I say facepalming, "Duh." He laughs at my outburst and kisses my cheek and walks inside into his room.

"Clint looking for you," he says. I groan. "See you at dinner." I nod and walk out the door playing with my gold locket.

.•*•.

I sit down at the picnic table across from Minho. He lets out a low whistle.

"What?" I ask, taking a spoonful of soup.

"You look nice in the dress," I start choking on soup and coughing. I feel a hand pat me on the back. Finally I stop coughing and see Newt standing next to me.

"You okay Kat?" He asks. I nod.

"I didn't know Minho was capable of making compliments," I say, Minho rolls his eyes.

We all quickly finish our dinner after that. Newt gets up.

"I'm going to bed, Night love," he kisses my forehead and leaves. Minho gets up and leaves also.

"And that leaves one," I mumble getting up. But I don't feel tired. I start walking towards the deadheads. Other than the cemetery...its nice, it's quiet, and best of all it has no people (unless you count the dead ones.)

I walk just past the trees so I'm not to deep into the forest and start climbing the tree. Branch after branch only going higher. And sit on the top branch that could hold me.

Jack? Are you up?

Of course I'm up it's the middle of the day!

Oh, it's night here.

Why aren't you asleep?

Not tired...

How are you-, he stops abruptly. He doesn't finish his sentence. I start panicking.

Jack?

No answer...nothing...just silence.

JACK?

Something's happening Ren...

What's wrong Jack?

I don't know... I gotta go..

Be careful...superheroes right?

Right...Be- he stops. Silence. Something happened.

Jack?

jack...

I sit there in the tree. Only the snores of the boys to be heard. No one knows what just happened, but me. I'm alone. What happened? Is he hurt? I touch my cheek to notice a single tear has fallen.

I've decided what I'm going to do...I'm going to help my best friend. Somehow someway...I'm getting out of here.

A/N

OHH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING... 1k! ONE FRICKIN K AHHH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

487K 15.6K 37
Julianne Cress is a foster kid, one that always jumped from home to home, so she's an expert in keeping under the radar and being unnoticed. At her...
22.2K 1.1K 40
And when she felt like giving up, He gave her the strength to keep going. When she felt lost and hopeless, He was the sun to light up her darkness. [...
131K 3.8K 31
An Alternate Universe where Superman had a daughter when was 21. Now she is a teenager who always wanted a brother, and won't let superman ignore sup...