Death Reapers MC: Angels to A...

By marvelicious

// NO ONE EXPECTS AN ANGEL TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE. // Riley McKenna is fresh out of rehab following her sis... More

prologue.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
*Bonus Chapter* xi.5
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
epilogue.
*Bonus Excerpt* Death Reapers MC book #2

xvi.

2.6K 95 13
By marvelicious

Riley
"now suddenly you're asking for it back, could you tell me where'd you get the nerve? Yeah, you can say you missed all that we had, but I don't really care how bad it hurts. When you broke me first"
-you broke me first, Tate McRae
—-

Wolf had taken me to his room after we got back from my meltdown at Brynn's apartment. Our fight in the interrogation room was nearly forgotten. If I needed someone, he's the first person I'd call. I skimmed that report then freaked the fuck out. I went to her deserted room, her clothes all thoroughly eaten up by rats. It was like a horror movie and I was the star. I had to call him before I lost my shit. I was losing my touch on reality. I wasn't sure if I was truly crazy, or just grieving. It's funny how that works. I swear I even heard her ghost in that god awful rotting apartment. Her laugh.

I'd been in his room now for days, replaying my time in her apartment. Dallas, and what I liked to deem her minions, brought me meals and checked up on me. Rage didn't try to contact me and he was the furthest thing from my mind.

The initial police report confirmed Brynn was murdered. While she had been pregnant. So now the question was who was the baby's dad? I'm sure that would lead me to my answers. God, it was like my own personal torture. I was even more horrified by her death now. And I was alone in it. The report said she was shot up with drugs. The cause of death: a brain hemorrhage from a skull fracture. So her slit throat and everything else was done post mortem. While she was four months pregnant. What kind of monster would do this?

"Riley?" A knock sounded on the door. "I brought you something to wear for tonight." I had been staring at the powerless TV on Wolf's wall for hours now. I blinked, trying to orient myself. Breathe, swallow, live. Act normal. Fuck, get it together, bitch!

Dallas was there, holding a dress in her hands. I stared at her blankly, unsure of what she wanted from me. To follow her? Had she asked me a question? I didn't know.

She snapped her fingers in front of my face and I resisted the urge to bite at them like a rabid animal. I loved Dallas but no one meant shit to me right now. No one.

"God. You're scaring me." Dallas' words rang through my thoughts, as she sat down next to me on Wolf's bed. I studied her. She was nearly perfect, what did she have to be scared about? Seriously.

"There's an official party tonight in one of the warehouses. Tons of people will be there, local friends, Reapers from other chapters, people we need under our thumb. It's important to Trace. Some kind of merger. I wouldn't bother you, otherwise." Dallas talked and I watched her red lips, my brain trying to compute her words.

I said nothing, again.

Dallas cleared her throat. "I wish you would talk to me. You know I really do think of you like a sister." I just stared at the dress in her hands, stalling. Sister......my fucking sister. Murdered!

"Dallas," I tried to speak but I didn't have any words after that. I just stared at her, at a loss. If she didn't get it, I wouldn't bother to try.

She cleared her throat again, nodding. "I know. I mean I don't. I just know you went to your sister's apartment. And I know enough to understand that it messed you up." She picked at the dress in her lap.

I stared at the gingham material, squinting. She didn't understand. No one did. But who was I to burst her bubble?

I found my voice, wanting to just get rid of her. "No disrespect Dallas, but no one could ever fucking know what the fuck I'm feeling right now. Not even Trace."

Dallas shut her eyes tight. I licked my dry lips, trying so hard to pull it together.

"Thank you for the dress. I'll get ready." I paused, not thinking I needed to say it. "Alone."

Dallas grimaced, but stood. "Of course. Just know that I'm here for you, Riley. And I don't mean that as the girl chasing after the impossible catch that's your brother." I almost snarled. My fucking brother. Ugh. "I mean it as your friend." I nodded once, turning my back on her. I was so done with this conversation. This club. My brother. She could have him. Actually, no, she was too good for him. Where the fuck did Wolf go?

I got ready alone, sliding on Dallas' black and white checkered dress after I threw some of my hair up in a bun. I shoved sunglasses over my eyes and walked out. Dusk was settling.

The first person I saw was Kane. He paused, walking towards his own room.

"God. I can't even tell you how much I've missed that face." He hugged me, and I clutched on to him, needing the comfort. "I'm glad you decided to come out." He stepped back and away from me.

I just nodded at him, trying to smile. I didn't have words, and I wanted to say something. I missed him too. I kissed him on the cheek and just wandered off instead.

It wasn't hard to find the warehouse where the party was at. Tons of people led the way. Rage really was the furthest thing from my mind, but Angel wasn't. He'd read the police report. He knew the truth, the same as I did. What did he tell Trace and Wolf? And if he said nothing, then why? Guess we'd find out tonight.

I walked through the front of the warehouse doors, amazed at how Dallas had transformed it. The place was decked out in black lights, black and white balloons, and white furniture. There was even a designated dance floor. And a DJ, someone I didn't recognize. What was this all for, again? I couldn't remember but I was out of place.

There were at least eighty people milling about. My eyes searched the area for someplace safe. My anxiety threatened to choke me. The bar was the first place to come in view.

Diablo was manning it, surprisingly. I waited my turn, my eyes never leaving his face. His dark eyes met mine, showing nothing.

"Princess," he stated in his thick accent. He could bluff, but he had a big soft spot for me.

"Just Riley," I smirked at him. He knew better.

He bowed. "What can I get you?"

"Bold rock ale." I looked around, as I said it. I didn't see anyone I knew.

Diablo frowned but got my drink.

"I'm sorry I'm serving you this." He returned with my drink, his long dark hair curling around his face. "Six months is a long time to throw away."

"Don't I know it. Better make it two more, D."

Diablo frowned again, but complied. "I don't know what Angel is doing, but I'd hoped he'd help you."

I licked my lips. "Me too." I downed the first drink quickly, needing a buzz to get through this fucking crock of a party. Why was I even here? My dad wasn't the one needing me to keep up appearances, anymore.

I grabbed the second and third glass, winking at Diablo as I walked towards the dance floor. "Buzzin'" by Shwayze was playing and I danced alone with my drinks, no one near me. I was finally content. Alone, in my element.

Minutes passed before I felt arms around my waist. I opened my eyes, wondering if I'd have to fuck someone up. Some guy I didn't know was breathing into my hair and I was utterly repulsed. I stomped on his foot right before Kane hauled him off his feet. I smirked to myself as I watched Kane literally toss the guy out the doors and onto his ass. I downed my second drink and continued to dance alone. Fucking Reapers.

I didn't open my eyes until after a Bring Me the Horizon song ended. I found Trace and Wolf staring at me, but I ignored them. Fuck 'em.

I wandered around and saw Aspen all over Angel. I caught his eye, staring right at him. He returned my gaze as she sucked on his neck. He gave away nothing.

Piece of shit. I hadn't seen him since Brynn's apartment. And knowing that he knew what I did was driving me crazy. How could he be so causal, all over her?

I rose an eyebrow. Yeah? He wanted to shove his little girlfriend in my face? I could do him one better. I slammed down my third drink setting it down on a nearby table.

I walked up to Wolf, who was in conversation with Trace and some other Reaper chapter president and dragged him away.

He groaned, unhappy. "Leave me out of this, Ri."

"Out of what? You're my best friend and we're just dancing. Thought you'd be happy i didn't mean what I said days ago." I shot back.

We danced to some generic pop song, nearly keeping in PG-13. "Don't act dumb, it doesn't suit you." Wolf's nose was in my hair, actions contradicting his words. "Keep me out of whatever your shit is with Angel and Rage."

I looped my arms around Wolf's neck, smirking. "Who said anything about Angel or Rage?" I asked. I brung my lips dangerously close to his.

Wolf rolled his eyes dramatically, pulling back. "Please. I can read you like a book."

I huffed out a laugh. "Oh yeah?" Fucking Wolf.

Wolf nodded towards Angel. Aspen was still like an octopus all over him, but now Trisha and Tessa from XXX-capades were there too, at a Reaper party. The bimbo twins were glaring at Aspen and Angel like they had a right. I tore away from Wolf, forgetting him and our shit, and marched towards them all like a woman possessed. What in the actual fuck!?

Trisha was spitting at Aspen, who was hanging off of Angel like a sloth/koala hybrid. God, I hated that bitch..

"Rose!" Tessa exclaimed when she saw me next to her. "You're a long away from boss, don't you think?"

Even Raging XXX-capades bitches knew I was Rage's. I narrowed my eyes at her, wondering what she was doing in this world. It wasn't good, that's for sure. This was my world and I could not afford any more Bastards to know about it.

"Yeah, so what are you doing here?" I shouted over the DJ's loud music, genuinely curious.

Tessa looked like she was about to answer but Dallas suddenly popped out of nowhere, decking Aspen, Trisha, and Tessa all in the face so quickly they didn't see it coming. Jesus!

I gaped at Dallas. What in the actual fuck! Dallas shook her hand out, huffing. "No one messes with my best friend." She looked like she was about to stomp on one of the girls before Trace hauled her away.

"Let's get ice on that, killer. Shit, Dallas, what the fuck..." I heard him mutter as he led her away, his arms wrapped around her front.

"What in the fuck are you doing here? This is Reaper territory." I asked the twins, both of them still on the ground and holding their noses. Wolf cursed behind me, seeing who was all on the ground. He must have been familiar with the bimbo twins too. Very fuckin' interesting.

"Fuck, bitch. Get out of my sight before I beat your skanky ass!" Trisha screamed. Wolf restrained me quickly before I curbstomped her ass.

Tessa moaned, still rolling around. "Don't even try to say you've laid some title on Angel, everyone knows his dick is ours."

Aspen sat up, furious. Her nose and lip were gushing blood, fake blonde hair sticking up every which way. Her mascara and crimson lipstick were smeared, and I was growing more and more angry at the thought of what her and Angel had been doing. "The fuck it is, bitch!!! We fuck every night. He'll always choose Reaper over nasty fucking Bastard Bunnies!"

My mind spun and I wrenched out of Wolf's hold. He cursed behind me. What the actual fuck was happening? Angel wasn't mine, but all these girls laid claim on him? Suddenly, what I thought we had was tainted. Everything he said to me must have been a lie. Even the sex. He played me; If he was tangoing with Bastard Bunnies, especially these two, then I refused to have anything to do with him.

I blinked at the like of those girls, slowly turning towards Angel. He stood there; sexy as sin, gaping right back at me. His eyes were only for me.

"Is it true?" I asked, calmly. Way calmer than what I felt.

Angel stared at me, opening his mouth like a fish a few times. "It is, but you know I'd give them all up for you."

I licked my lips, shaking my head. "Your word means nothing to me. If you've fucked someone with the Bastards... Especially those two.. There really is no hope for us." I made sure the words registered with him before I turned to walk away. He stared after me, horrified.

I rushed back to Dallas' room, locking the door behind me. She didn't return that night either. Goddamnit it, fuck. Shit had gotten a little more complicated.

-

I was at XXX-capades, alone, unarmed, and not at peak business hours.

Grizzly opened the front doors for me, snarling out "Rage's slut," and just as I was about to deck him, Shooter appeared at the bar.

"Grizz. Two whiskeys. Then leave us."

I took a seat at the bar, face blank. Grizz set a pint of whiskey down in front of me. I greedily drowned half of it. I would need it for this conversation.

Shooter was staring at me with those lifeless, black eyes. "Who was she pregnant by?" I asked, getting to the point.

Shooter's eyes met Grizzly's, who stood there behind the bar with his arms crossed, glaring at me. "Not sure."

"Bullshit!"

Grizzly growled. "Careful now. Rage ain't here to save you."

"I said leave us, Grizz." Grizzly made his way to walk to the wall beyond the bar, really not leaving.

Shooter glared at his back as he slowly retreated. "Not sure I really do know, Riley. Your sister had a lot of men."

Again, bullshit.

I cleared my throat, downing the rest of the whiskey. "I'll make this abundantly clear to you, Prez. You can only have him when I have all the answers I need."

"Is that right?" He asked, smirking back at me. He sat up straighter, trying to appear menacing.

I bit my lip, standing strong. "You can bet your life on it."

Shooter leaned towards me, taking a lock of my hair and twirling it around his finger. "You threatening me, little Reaper?"

Was I? Fuck yes, I was. I huffed out a low chuckle. "Who knows, right? You want Rage?" I glared at Shooter. "I want answers, first."

Shooter leered at me, sucking on his teeth. "Nah, I want your man at my mercy first."

I bristled. My man? Not likely, not these days.

"I'm not lying when I say I haven't seen him. And I won't deliver him to you for good until I have what I need." I paused; reaching into my purse and taking out my gun. "He's a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them."

Shooter grinned, eyes on my gun. "You even know how to use that, McKenna?" I smiled, eyes on him as I racked it, turning and aiming right next to Grizzly's head. I fired into the wall, giggling as he jumped out of the way.

Grizzly was splayed out on the disgusting stained carpet, legs every which way. He looked like a baby giraffe. That's a good look for him.

"CRAZY BITCH!" He roared. I snapped my teeth at him as Shooter chuckled.

"You deserve it, I told you to leave us." Grizzly looked like he was about to spit nails as he stomped away down the back hallway. This wasn't the last of our fued.

"I know of a few guys who could have knocked her up. Like I fucking said, your sister was a popular whore here."

I bristled, ready to shoot him between the eyes. I even aimed my gun. "Think long and hard on it, honey."

Shooter glared at me, knocking back his whiskey, nonplussed. "Get your man at a deserted location of my choosing and I'll give you your fucking niece's father."

"Niece?!" I gasped, stunned. My world turned sideways. I lowered the gun.

"I always know what happens with everyone in the club. Including the strippers here. Everything. I was told it was a girl."

I stumbled out of my chair, legs weak as I ran for the exit.

"Talk soon, baby!" Shooter laughed after me. I thought, I would be the one to kill him.

-

The white bronco had been following me for the last 30 minutes. It looked like he was going to follow me all the way to the Reaper compound. He must have been goddamned determined. He knew better.

I stopped at a gas station near the clubhouse. No way was I trying to be too alone with him.

I started to pump gas in my Jeep, turning to Rage as he parked right behind me. There were empty pumps all around. I saw the scrawny, barely legal gas station clerk staring at me through the front windows. This was Reaper territory, he knew it, so I nodded once at him. The scrawny man reached for his phone. Letting the Reapers know that Rage was here, no doubt.

"What the actual FUCK are you doing with Shooter so much, Riley?" Rage roared. He slammed his drivers side door shut so loudly that it startled a young mom and her children walking across the parking lot. "You're nothing but a Fucking SLUT!" The mother and her kids started to run to their vehicle. Good. They should get out of here.

"Nice to see you too, sweetie." I egged him on. My gut screamed that he was in on my sister's murder. That's why Shooter was being so goddamn difficult. The cavalry would be here soon, no doubt. And if not, whatever.

"You better fucking talk or I'll douse you in this gasoline and set you on fire." Rage growled, pinning me up against my Jeep.

"Would you?" I asked, doubting him. He could never let me go. He was as codependent and toxic as they came. I called his bluff.

"You wanna push me, baby? You've pushed long and hard enough. I'm about at my wit's end, Riley." Rage's hands began to squeeze at my throat. My vision clouded and I gasped.

I struggled, kicking out at him.

"R-r-rage," I struggled to breathe. Fuck, he was finally doing it. He was going to finally end this. Minutes lapsed, and I thought this was the end. My body started to give out and I slumped down the side of the car. The gas pump clicked and Rage reached for the nozzle before someone was there. He had it over my head as someone spoke.

"Is this the day, motherfucker?!" I heard a voice as familiar as my own.

"Surprised to see you here, McKenna. You've never given a shit about any of your sisters before." Rage began to laugh before he was jumped, shoved to the pavement beside me. Several boots were raining down on him.

Wolf was there, scooping me up. "What's it mean when I'm always saving you, Riles?" He whispered in my ear. It tickled.

I rasped out, "it means you're my pack dude." Wolf laughed at that, carrying me down the street and behind the gates of the clubhouse. He set me down at the picnic table. I could finally breathe and I took in huge, deep breaths. It felt so good.

"What was it this time, Ri?" He asked, bent over beside me, running his hands through his hair roughly.

"The same. The usual. Shooter has a plan to bring him down. I'm just a piece in it."

Wolf growled loudly, standing up and leaving. Shit he didn't want to hear.

Angel and Trace tore into the lot on their bikes a little bit later, the gates closing behind them. Kane was driving my Jeep, winking through the open window at me as he parked.

"What would you have done if Mike hadn't been there to call me?" Trace stopped in front of me, sounding genuinely curious.

"Paid for our sins, brother." I muttered, eyes briefly meeting his sad ones before finding Angel's. Trace left and Kane passed me, tossing me my keys on the way.

I caught them. Angel still said nothing, standing right in front of me. I rubbed at my sore throat. Surely it would leave a nasty bruise.

"Rage?" I asked.

"He'll be fine." Angel dismissed, frowning. He looked damn good, standing their shirtless. I nodded in acceptance.

"Always still thinking about him, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just not in the ways you think." I retorted.

"God, baby. Just stop all this shit." Angel whispered, sounding so small.

I shook my head, grinning. "Hey, tell all your bitches I said hi."

Angel rolled his eyes, annoyed. "Jealous?"

"Of what? That you and I both know shit that Trace doesn't?" I asked.

Angel just shook his head, singing a song I knew well. "darlin' I could love you well... I've seen my share of trouble and I've held my weight in shame...."

We just stared at each other after that, no other words spoken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 8.3K 36
After leaving the only place she called home, Amanda Walter is on the road and on her way to Las Vagas, her new home. Running from her past has her l...
202K 6.8K 73
Secrets. Secrets have a way of keeping people captive and driving them to fear. Two worlds, one family, and endless secrets. Kaitlyn lived on her ow...
324K 7.3K 41
Scarlett was born into a life she never wanted. Her parents died when she was just a kid and after that she was raised by the Sons of Shadows MC, he...
559K 23.4K 44
"Choose. Her or the club." Briac demanded thrusting the gun in my hand as I looked back at her. The Riders are my family but she is the love of my li...