Son of the Boss

By MB2697

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ His eyes seem to glaze over as something unsettling flashes across his face. I don't know what it is bu... More

R O L E P L A Y
San Diego
Alessio
New Girl
Crossfire
Chances
Morning After
Romano
Masquerade
Acceptance
Sweet Eighteen
Welcome Home
Omertà
Forgive and Forget
Brothers
Vendetta
You
Thirst
Promotion
New York
Betrayed
Heartbreak
Mine
Graduation
Promise
Leverage
Goodbye Friend
Traitor
RIP
Happily Ever After...?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Secrets

1.4K 38 4
By MB2697

O L I V I A

"You really can't hide this forever, Kimberly."

She looks up from her arms resting on the lunch table. "Sure, I can."

"A baby is going to come out of you." I point out.

"Keep your voice down!"

"It's been like two weeks since you found out and we are down to single digits until graduation! You need to tell them."

"I just want to focus on getting through this last bit of school." She groans dramatically.

I roll my eyes," Fine, but promise you'll tell Joe after graduation at the latest."

"Deal."

She goes back to being her usual moping and sad self as Sierra approaches us. I stare up at her blankly. I knew she had been around Kimberly a lot after school but she had made no effort to even come near me.

She looks a little better. Still tired and sad, but a lot more lively from the last few weeks.

"Hey."

Kimberly's head pops up. "Hey Sierra. How are you?"

"I've been better," She shrugs and sits down. "How are you all doing?"

"We're alright," I smile at her. "We were just talking about graduation coming up."

"Yeah, it's crazy how fast it's coming up...I've just been preoccupied." She mutters.

"I'm really sorry, Sierra." I tell her wholeheartedly.

I honestly do feel horrible. I wish I could take this pain from her.

I never really got to know Sierra since Kimberly kind of attached to me quickly but I wouldn't blame her if she hated me.

She had to watch her best friend start hanging out with the random chick from New York and then Austin flirt with me for days in front of her face.

I can't even imagine how that made her feel. I never stopped to think about it.

"It's okay," She smiles a bit."I did want to let you know that Austin's dad has been asking about you two."

My brows furrow, "Why?"

"He's been asking people to come down and just answer a few questions."

I look at Kimberly. "I-I uh..."

"We'll be there." Kimberly answers.

Fuck.

There's no way I can do this. I don't have Alessio anymore to keep me level-headed with this and now I have to try to lie my way through this.

No fucking way.

"It would mean a lot." Sierra says gently. "We just want to...have some closure...no matter how we find him."

"I understand..." I whisper and stare at the table. "Like Kimberly said, we'll be there."

"Thanks," She grins. "Are either of you attending any graduation parties?"

"Yea-"

Kimberly cuts me off, "Olivia's parents are letting her host one."

"Wait what?" I glare at her.

She smirks, "I talked to your mom when I was over the other day. She thinks it would be a great idea."

"Kimberly...that's a lot of work! Between the cafe, finals, and graduation....I don't know about a party right now."

She groans loudly, "Come on! It'll be fun. My parents are sticklers about parties and your mom seemed super excited."

I frown, "Fine. I'll hold a damn party, but you are decorating."

Her eyes lit up. "Oh, I got you. Don't you worry!" She turns towards Sierra. "I'll text you the details."

She smiles back at us and moves into a seat next to Kim.

They start up some conversation about colleges and I realize lunch is about to end.

"I'm going to head off to class." I tell them.

"Bye, Liv!" They say together and go back to looking at something on Kim's phone.

I head off in the opposite direction towards my next class and feel something tugging at the strap on my bag.

"Hey Olivia." Joe says from behind.

I turn around to face him and he smiles down at me shyly. It was odd to see him without his gang of sweaty friends and football gear. I swear this kid only thought about playing football in every waking moment.

"What's up?"

"Have you seen Kim?" He frowns. His voice sounds like something's been upsetting him.

"She was at the table back there with Sierra."

He nods, "Alright...she just hasn't talked to me much."

"She has a lot on her mind, I promise she is still obsessed with you."

Joe sighs and his dark green eyes light up a little.. "I'll take your word for it. Let her know I'm here when she needs me."

"You got it."

We give each other a little parting glance and I head back towards my class when I notice someone staring at me through the crowd of passing students.

Beto.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I walk up to him.

He's leaning against a locker and Westview's cheer captain is hanging onto him with her long nails while she flips her Blonde hair back and forth. Whatever she's saying must not interest him because he looks bored as hell.

"We were talking!" She snaps at me and Beto rolls his eyes.

"Great," I smile. "I'm talking to him now."

Nicole looks up at Beto with hurt eyes but he brushes her off. "I'll call you, Nicole. Bye now."

She gasps at his response and walks away with a loud huff. Beto and I laugh at her retreating figure.

"Picking up chicks, obviously." He shrugs.

"The truth, Beto." I glare. "Did Alessio send you?"

"Yes and no."

"Tell him to leave me alone."

He looks down at me with his boyish features and big eyes. You really would never know he was ever affiliated with one of Italy's most dangerous mafia gangs.

He doesn't look like he could even hurt a fly.

"He misses you, Olivia. I'm really worried about him."

"What do you mean?" My voice shakes.

"He's been drinking... a lot. Most nights he doesn't even come home."

"Where has he been?"

"The clubs I suppose," He says and moves his fingers through his dark locks."Giovanni can't get through to him. Anna doesn't care to try anymore."

"What about Monica?" Just saying her name makes me sick.

"She's been up Adolfo's ass. She doesn't give a fuck about, Alessio. I promise you, Olivia, he wants you. Monica is not who Alessio wants to be with."

I glare, "They're having a baby, Beto. They are going to be MARRIED."

He nods, "I know that, but what you need to understand is in a family like ours...sometimes things are arranged."

"Arranged?" I clarify.

"Yes. Adolfo arranged Anna's engagement and he has done the same with Alessio. He's speeding things up because he knows it'll benefit him more than anyone else."

"Then why doesn't he get out of it?"

Beto scoffs, "He can't just get out of it, Olivia."

I sigh and lean against the locker next to him. "Doesn't change anything, Beto. Alessio has done enough to hurt me. He disappeared for months, fucked with my head, and he hid this from me."

"Olivia, you know everything Alessio has done or will do is for your benefit. He is trying to protect you from himself. We aren't good people."

"I don't need protection."

Beto cocks his head. "Seemed you really needed us when your ex boyfriend tried to get you killed."

"I had it handled."

He rolls his eyes, "Sure. You really are a true gangster."

I glare at him. "I didn't ask for your family's protection. It's my own fault if I get myself into stupid situations."

"Some of these things would've never happened if Alessio didn't fall in love with you."

My heart starts to hurt thinking about him.

I missed him so much. I was really trying to forget him but nothing was working.

I missed hearing his voice and holding him.

I just wanted to have him in my arms again.

"I gotta go..."

Beto grabs my arm. "Olivia, please just understand why we are still looking out for you. He wants to keep you safe."

I stare back at him and feel tears burn my eyes. Beto gives me a small nod and turns to head back to the exit.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"Thank you for coming down today, ladies."

Kim and I nod politely as Officer Harrison holds the doors for us to step into his interrogation room. Sierra had decided to join us for the little field trip to the police station.

The three of us take a seat across from him at the table in the middle of the room. I feel little beads of sweat form on my forehead under the heat of the lights.

I look over nervously at Kimberly as he pulls out a notebook and pen.

Kim shrugs and looks as cool as a cucumber. Of course, she has nothing to worry about.

Not like her ex boyfriend murdered the guy.

"Now...I know the three of you were very close with Austin," Officer Harrison starts. "Kimberly and Sierra specifically."

I glance over at Sierra who dabs at her eyes.

"Unfortunately, we have had a lot of dead ends in our investigation," He says and wipes at his brows. "I'd appreciate any help."

"I wish we had more information for you, sir. After prom, we didn't see him again." Kimberly tells him.

"Well, it seems Olivia here had seen him at the party."Harrison says and pulls a photo out from a folder. "Isn't that right?"

Kimberly and Sierra look over at me confused as he pushes it to me. It's a picture of me clearly very drunk standing next to Austin. Someone had taken a group photo together and posted it on facebook.

Of course, there would've been photos plastered everywhere from that night.

"Yeah?" I try to shrug indifferently."I had drank a little too much and almost fell. He was helping me."

"What else happened?" Harrison pushes.

Sierra looks at me accusingly, "Yeah...what else happened, Olivia?"

"Sierra there was nothing going on."

She glares, "Clearly, there was something going on. The two of you were always flirting before he asked me out. Austin even said you were so pissed when he rejected you."

I shake my head quickly. "Sierra, I swear to you there was nothing going on!"

Harrison puts his hand up to stop the arguing. "Ladies, I just need honesty here. My son is missing and we are terrified."

Sierra sits back in her chair and folds her arms. "I knew nothing about this, sir."

He looks back at me and waits. "Anything else, Olivia?"

"Sir, I was too drunk and he was helping me out. That is the end of the story."

He nods and jots something down across the notebook.

"Tell me the truth about your relationship with Austin. Are you sure there wasn't anything between you two?"

I can feel Kimberly and Sierra staring me down.

"What are you even talking about?"

"Like Sierra said, Austin even admitted to me that you were upset when he didn't want to pursue the relationship. Are you sure you didn't retaliate? Maybe have someone help you out?"

"No!"I shout and bang my fists down. "You are accusing me of something that never happened!"

"I need you to remain calm, Miss Moore." Harrison warns.

"Sir, your son KISSED me. He wanted much more than a kiss actually."

He glares back at me and looks back at the girls. "I'd like to speak to Miss Moore in private."

Kim looks over at me confused and stands up with Sierra.

"Sierra! I'm telling the truth." I tell her as she passes.

She looks over at me and frowns. "I'll never know the full truth, Olivia, but I wish you would've told me about this from the start."

I stare at them hopelessly as they exit the room and leave me alone with Harrison.

I groan and sit back in the chair.

"Miss Moore," He begins and pulls out more photos. "I need you to fill me in on something."

I sit up and examine each photo. All three of them include someone else this time.

Alessio.

One of them is him entering the house with Giovanni followed by a picture someone caught of Alessio entering the back bedroom and Giovanni standing in the kitchen drinking.

"Some students posted these online and they got back to us. Why would the Romano's be there?"

I look up at him. "Alessio used to attend Westview, sir. Maybe he wanted to party with his brother."

He nods, "I'm aware of that but I don't really understand this interaction." He points to the photo of him entering the room. "Another student snapped this."

The new picture is of Austin helping me to the bedroom and me slouching towards the floor.

"Like I said, I was drunk and he helped me. There was a bed back there and he helped lay me on it."

"I never saw my son leave in any of the other pictures following this, Miss Moore. We have already done a full search in the home and there's nothing. So where did he go? Did Alessio take him?"

"Sir, they just showed up to the party, I really d-"

"What are you to Alessio Romano, Olivia? Why was he concerned with going in there?"

I frown and look down at the picture of Alessio's face. "I'm nothing to him,sir."

"If you are keeping any information you could face jail time, Olivia," He warns me. "I need the full truth."

"I'm aware, sir."

"Did he take my son while you made out with your boyfriend?" Mr. Harrison snaps and points to the image of Giovanni.

"Sir, I don't know. Giovanni was just with his brother."

"I really don't know what to believe here. Austin tries to kiss you and you say he wanted more, right?" Harrison taunts. "So I have room to believe your little boyfriend here would've done something about that."

My chest tightens and I stare at him blankly.

"Kimberly already told Sierra all about the two of you flirting and Alessio Romano visiting you at work. It's very clear you had or have some kind of romantic relationship with him."

"Sir, I don't know what you want. I'm telling you the truth."

He grinds his teeth and puts his pen down. "Do you know who the Romano's really are, Olivia?"

"No, sir. I don't know them too well."

"You don't want to, Olivia," He shakes his head at me. "Stay away from them for your own good."

I try to nod a little and wait for him to finally give up and point towards the door.

"Get out of here but I'll be keeping tabs on you."

A L E S S I O

"Alessio! Svegliare il cazzo! " (Translation: Wake the fuck up)

I stare at the dark ceiling above me and snatch the bottle of rum from rolling off my chest.

Olivia not being in my life has already really fucked me up.

I was never really into drugs and drinking, but every night I would spend as much time as I could in our clubs.

It usually consisted of snorting cocaine and drinking as much alcohol as I could before I blacked out.

I wanted nothing to do with anyone. Not my own family and certainly not Monica.

I wanted Olivia back more than anything.

I wanted to be the one to make her happy and give her everything I know she deserves.

I'm just lost without her now.

"Ti butto giù la porta! " Giovanni shouts out. (Translation: I'll kick your door down)

I roll my eyes and stand up from the bed. My head was already swimming with the liquor I had drank a little bit ago.

"What!" I snap and rip the door open.

He notices the bottle. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Mind your fucking business."

"Alessio...this is ridiculous! You have business to handle."

I wave the bottle around sarcastically. "Always fucking business. I know this Giovanni, I'll handle my shit."

He shakes his head. "You are wasted."

"Bingo!" I take another drink.

"I'm worried for you. All you do is come home high and drunk."

"I'm young," I laugh. "Can't I live my life?"

"This is living?" He knocks the bottle with his hand.

"Don't most young people party?"

"This is killing yourself."

"Fingers crossed." I push by him.

I'm glad he didn't come after me this time. The last time I was this drunk he had come after me and slammed me into a wall.

We almost got into a fist fight that night but thankfully Beto talked me out of it. I knew I wouldn't survive a hit from him anyways.

He's right though.

This isn't living. This is just hell.

I'm living in my own personal hell.

I walk down the last set of steps and find Anna curled up with her husband to be on our couch watching TV together.

Alonzo decided to actually come out here for a change. I didn't mind the guy.

He was business smart and kept to himself. He's been a great connection of ours for many years and having him help manage so many shipments in Italy has been a blessing.

"Alessio, nice to see you." Anna acknowledges as I pass and I grunt in response.

She shakes her head. "I assume you are going to continue your day in misery?"

"Guess you could say that." I take another drink.

"You look like shit."

"You are shit."

"King of comedy!" She snorts.

I nod, "Finally you recognize it."

"You two are childish."

Monica's voice rings out and my stomach turns. This alcohol may be coming back up soon.

She plops down onto my lap in the recliner and kisses my neck. "I haven't seen much of you lately." She whines.

"I know."

"When are you actually going to spend time with me?"

I look down at her and she bats her Green eyes up at me.

"No clue, Monica."

"Ridiculous!" She throws her hands up. "My own fiance doesn't even want to spend time together."

"Don't take it personal, Monica. He's an asshole to everyone." Anna tells her.

Wrong. She needs to take it very personal.

I keep quiet though and try to refocus my attention on the bottle in my hand.

"I haven't felt so good," Monica continues her pity party. "This baby is killing me."

I look at her. "Have you had OB care?"

She frowns, "Not recently."

"We can take care of it here then. I'll take you right now."

"Why now?" She pouts and tries to cling to me.

"You need prenatals and need to check up on the baby. One of the nurses should be here, she'll do it for you."

Monica continues to push her lower lip out and holds onto me as if her life depends on it. I roll my eyes and grimace as she buries her face into my neck.

"Giovanni! Let's go." I shout and remove her arms from me.

"Where are you going?"

"Business, Monica." I shrug my shirt off and grab a clean one from a passing maid. "I'll be back later."

"But-"

She starts her protest again but stops when she sees my expression.

"Margo will take you to the clinic, "I inform her and motion for the sweet old lady to come over. "You'll be fine."

Monica looks back as if she wants to continue her pity fit but Margo takes her by the elbow and steers her back towards the clinic.

"Where to?" Giovanni asks as he comes into view.

"Business in the city." I tell him. "Where's Beto?"

"I think Westview High."

I raise a brow. "Why?"

"You know he loves cheerleaders."

"Yeah, I know. What else?"

"I know he swings by to make sure Olivia is okay too."

"Just...just make sure he doesn't say anything to her about it."

"I can't promise anything for that kid.

I knew it was wrong to still keep tabs on her so closely but I couldn't help it.

Jesús has still been around here and trying to gather up his little army of gangs the best he can.

He still had his eyes on her and I knew he'd try to get to her if he could.

The two of us exit the house together and head to the Porsche.

"So what are we doing?" Giovanni asks.

"Last night I had word that one of Jesús' goons was spotted in our club. I think he's planning an attack again."

"Which one?"

"Gold Lounge."

Giovanni groans, "Fuck. I really like that place. The dancers are so hot."

"He's not going to get the upper-hand this time. I almost killed him once, I'll make sure I succeed this time."

We step into the vehicle and I turn the engine on. As soon as we hit the side roads I'm already nearing 80 mph through the narrowing roads.

I just want to shoot someone in the face right now. I need to kill him.

"Slow down." Giovanni warns and grabs the wheel as we veer off.

"Why? Scared?" I tease and push down again.

90 mph.

"You've been drinking, Alessio. Let me drive."

"Just shut the fuck up."

He sighs and gives up but keeps his hand out towards the wheel. I keep my eyes locked on the road as the trees around us blur.

My vision starts to cross a bit and I blink excessively to clear it. My head is a complete fucking mess and I know the alcohol is starting to take a toll.

I try to keep the wheel steady as we continue to take the next curve and drift along it at high speeds.

I loved this shit. Driving was fun as hell when you owned a lot of land and no cops were around to try and stop you.

"Hello?" Giovanni says loudly into his phone.

He glances over, "It's Anna."

"Speaker."

He hits the button. "How long will you be?"

"Why?" I ask and look at the speedometer.

105 mph.

"Something is going on with Monica."

I frown, "What do you mean?"

Also, why does she think I care?

"I went to make sure everything was going okay and she was arguing with the nurse."

I roll my eyes. "And? Doesn't sound like news to me."

"I don't...I don't know if something happened, but they couldn't find the baby on the ultrasound."

Giovanni and I stare at one another.

"What-"

"Alessio! Look out!"Giovanni's shouts as I lose control of the car.

I hit the brake hard but it's too late. The trees come up fast as we skid off the road.

Before I have time to realize what's going on my head hits something hard and everything goes black.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
65.7K 1.4K 33
"Easy," he hushed in a soft voice. His lips brushed against my ear and his breath fanned the side of my face. "Stop fighting. It'll be over soon."...
12.2M 369K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
4.4M 116K 78
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 16th OCT 2020 Finished: 14th FEB 2021 EDITING! Finally out of the orphanage, Arabella needs to find a job with a good pay tha...