Golden Child : Lucid Dream

By shxhxli

× BOOK 2 OF GOLDEN CHILD : LOVE ON × [ Golden Child Short Stories / One Shot / Imagines ] GNCD x GNCD GNCD x... More

GNCD : Genie
Wish: JangYoon
Would You Be My
Pass Me By
Don't Run Away
Without You
Wish: Junnie & Hyunnie
She's My Girl
pls read.

Wannabe

345 13 3
By shxhxli

Dedicated to yanagirenjiidealtype

Taylor Swift's song is playing on the radio while I'm driving. I hum along to 22 lyrics and suddenly it hits me. Today, I'm officially 22 years old, last year student, still single since birth. I wasn't sure what's wrong with me. It's not like I never interact with guy when in fact I have a lot of male acquaintance or friends.

I thought when I'm going to college I'll at least had a boyfriend since I'm too focusing on study during high school. I have above average grade and looking decent too. Probably because I'm not presentable or fashionable enough for my age. I always wear something oversized because it's makes me more comfortable. That's my problem, comfort over fashion wise.

I park my car at the basement parking. My friends asked me to come to shopping mall restaurant because they want to throw a party. That such a waste they could just wish me instead of wasting money to pay for the reservation. Why should we celebrate the day of we getting older?

"Happy birthday to you!" They sing the last line and I blow the candlesticks. Seven of them wished me happy birthday and gives me presents. I'm more than touched at how thoughtful and lovely my friends are.

"Make a wish!" Min urged me.

I close my eyes and clasped my hands together. What do I want to achieve at the age of 22? To fall in love. I'm a sucker for romance. My hobby is to read romance books and watching romcom dramas or films on repeat.

"So, what is your wish?" Nana wiggling her brows.

"What? You guys wanna be my genies?"

Shin pull a smug smile, "Indeed we are your genies for the day!"

I look at them in disbelief, "Nah, stop pulling my leg."

The most serious member of us, Hyeon speak up, "We just wanna do something for you within our capabilities. So, tell us please? Maybe it something we all can help?"

I gulped and makes eyes contact with each of them, "I want a boyfriend."

I close my eyes shut, waiting for them to laugh at me. Instead of laughter, I heard nothing. So, I slowly open my eyes, seeing them looks pleased. I'm not sure about their reaction because it's not something I expected. To be honest, two of us has fiancé, other three has boyfriend, another two just broke up, while me? Nuh uh.

"Oh god, my baby is grown up!" Min exclaimed.

Jae comes and hug me tight, "You're finally thinking about dating!"

The girls are circling and discussing about strategy to get me a boyfriend. I was totally left out because they won't let me has a say on it. They said I'm just inexperienced on the issue and better listen to them the so called dating expert.

🎳🎳🎳

"What are we doing here?" I look around with worry written on my face.

"You, Rin and me are going to blind dates tonight." Nana smile is so playful and it send chill down my spine.

"I haven't agree to it!" I protest but they won't listen and ask they hairstylist to start makeover me.

Nana broke up with her cheating boyfriend last week while Rin broke off her engagement because her fiancé's mother opposed their marriage. Me? Just SSB squad — Single Since Born. Well at least I'm happy to never feel what is heartbreak.

"Which blind date group?" Rin question Nana while flipping over the magazine.

Nana typing something on her phone with a smile, "Charm University students."

"Oh god! Isn't that the all boys university? How you get to know them?!" Rin put aside the magazine and give all her attention to Nana.

Nana smile smugly, "I was modelling with one of their student and we kinda friends now."

🎳🎳🎳

After doing our hairs, make-up, and shopping for new outfit, we three go to the café that we promised to meet. Nana lead us to a table of six. There's a trio are waiting for us. Nana is at my left, I'm in the middle and Rin on my right. We greet the guys awkwardly.

The man in front of Nana, he looks matured. From the way he talk, he's so friendly and humourous. The name is Lee Jangjun. He has a nice body and his face is my type. He makes us less awkward and lead the conversation well.

The man in front of Rin is doll-like. He's too good looking and cool. He like to keep his answer short but still he's a social butterfly too. The name is Bong Jaehyun. From his outfit, I could tell he is loaded.

Meanwhile, the man in front of me like to observe everyone and not talking that much. He laughs to our jokes and just comments here and there. He is tall and has actor-like face. Apparently he's the youngest among us. Why would Nana let someone younger than us to the blind date? None of us ever date younger guy.

Since both of the pairs clicked off, they suggested to take the date somewhere. Nana is gone with Jangjun and Rin with Jaehyun. I bid them goodbyes before walk to the bus station.

"I never go to blind date." My blind date partner, Choi Bomin blurt out of nowhere, making me stop of my track.

I turn my body to look at him, "Pardon?"

"Do you want to get to know me?" Bomin take a step closer to me.

I look into his eyes trying to understand this mysterious guy, "I thought... you don't want..."

"I never said I don't want to know you." He put his hands in his pocket, shrugged his shoulders.

"Then why you... I means in there you seem uncomfortable." I say truthfully.

He pull a smile and that's makes my heart skip a beat, "I don't like crowd. If I want to talk about myself with you, I would like done it privately. Just two of us, getting know eachother without disruption."

"Well, you're right. By the way, don't you think I'm a bit older for you?" We start walking to none destination in mind.

He chuckles, "Nuna, friendship or relationship isn't about age. It's about feeling."

🎳🎳🎳

Bomin never give me his number or his social medias for me to keep contact neither did I. We end the night changing story about each other. A fortnight passed, and my mind constantly thinking what he's doing right now. I never had a crush or liking any man, so I wasn't sure what am I feeling right now.

Nana and Rin actually casually dating those guys, Jangjun and Jaehyun. I wonder how they can make move that fast or I'm just inexperienced. I decided to get out from my small apartment because it's Sunday and I just need fresh air. I wear a blue hoodie, denim, black baseball hat and a sneakers. I walk around the Han River, enjoying the cherry blossom is blooming.

I stop on my track when I see a figure I haven't see in two weeks. That face that haunting my dreams, making me awake at midnight. My body froze, my voice locked. Then I remembered what happened that night.

"Bomin, you believe in destiny?" I ask while holding the railing, breath in the mountain breeze.

"I believe we have control over our lifes."

I smiled, "How about this, if we're meant to meet again, we will meet. That time I'll give you my number."

"You want to let fate decide it?"

I nod, "I know we can control our life but sometimes we can't run away from fate that written for us."

"Then promise me." He looks into my eyes, making me shudder.

"What?" I said almost a whisper.

"If I meet you by fate one day, you can't walkaway from me."

I looks into his eyes, losing in his darkness.

He continue, "That time, if you're still single and not interested in anyone, promised me you'll be mine."

"Now, I believe in destiny, nuna." He smile widely and embrace me into his arm.

"And you're my girlfriend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 36.6K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
336K 19.4K 73
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
205K 2.5K 32
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
267K 8.6K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...