spellbound [taekook] ✓

By -bangtanbbys

In a universe where elves and magic exist, Jeon Jeongguk is so desperately trying to train the newfound princ... More

zero: spellbound
one: good day
two: elvador
three: lies
four: a familiar lullaby
five: rekindled friendship
six: prince's first mission
seven: first love
eight: secrets
nine: by your side
ten: unleashing the power
eleven: all the kinds of love
twelve: trust
thirteen: the truth
fourteen: a royal confession
fifteen: sweet talk
sixteen: a love story
seventeen: late night snack
eighteen: coronation
nineteen: a future with you
twenty: crystal ball
twenty-one: right by your side
twenty-two: threat
twenty-three: compromise
twenty-four: cold
twenty-five: hugs and kisses
twenty-six: their world
twenty-seven: i need you
twenty-eight: stay alive
twenty-nine: love and war
thirty-one: earth
thirty-two: snow
thirty-three: reminisce
thirty-four: forever connected

thirty: desire

6.2K 519 171
By -bangtanbbys

Taehyung landed on the ground and laid Jeongguk down gently in the grass. The fireflies were all hidden as if they knew what was greeting them. Jeongguk looked peaceful amongst the scenery but Taehyung's heart was anything but. Bruises decorated the exposed skin of his body and Taehyung could only wonder about much pain he suffered before he was put at rest. He can only pray now it was quick.

The older sat on the ground with him. "You asshole, you broke our promise," Taehyung yelled while he brought the body closer to him.

"This isn't real, right?" Taehyung continued, holding back a sob. "I was able to fly, I never learned, remember? I'm dreaming for real this time, aren't I?"

Taehyung watched Jeongguk as if he was expecting an answer. He wasn't surprised when there wasn't a response from the man who was slowly losing the colour in him. The warmth had already left.

"Why'd you have to do that? God, please. Jeongguk, I need you. Get up, c'mon. I love you, you idiot, please," Taehyung tried, holding him tightly.

Taehyung clenched his teeth as the truth was settling down on him. He tried taking in deep breaths to calm himself down but his emotions felt as if they were all over the place. He felt the grass surrounding them dry out and Taehyung eyes darted all around. He saw the beautiful flowers begin to wilt and trees losing their leaves.

It was him. He was killing everything around him. If it had been any other day, Taehyung would've been scared to death about his uncontrollable power but at that very moment, he couldn't care less. He'd lost the elf that made him believe his gift doesn't define him and stuck with him through all his shit, what was the point in caring about anything else now?

"Our little world's being destroyed, and by me no less," Taehyung said with a light chuckle. The chuckle very quickly turned into hysterical laughts. He was going crazy and didn't realize the tears that had returned until he saw the droplets fall on Jeongguk.

"Taehyung," Namjoon's voice entered as he landed with Jeongguk's pegasus that helped follow Taehyung there. "You need to come back."

"Leave, I want to be alone," Taehyung replied, not even bothering to look back.

"Taehyung–"

"Wasn't he like a brother to you? How are you so unaffected?"

Taehyung turned his head back when he didn't hear a response. Namjoon stood there, no tears, just a frown as he stared at Jeongguk's limp body. Then only did Taehyung realize the countless amount of time Namjoon had to probably face the same scene with all the people he's cared for over the years. The tough exterior he had developed made him much stronger than Taehyung but the feelings were just the same.

"Please leave," Taehyung said, returning his gaze to the man in his arms.

"You're a King–"

Taehyung shut his eyes tight. "I don't want it!" he yelled and he felt a sudden push emit from his body. His surrounding were starting to die at a much faster rate.

It wasn't fair. He never asked for this. Sure, his life in New York wasn't all that but he was somewhat happy, at least stress-free and surely curse-free. Yet, Taehyung knew very well that if he was given the opportunity to go back in time and change it all, he wouldn't. He would fall in love with Jeongguk all over again. If there's anything he would change, it'd be making sure it was him in Jeongguk's place.

"I just..." Taehyung whimpered, moving Jeongguk's hair away from his face. "I want him," he finished with a gulp as he laid a kiss on his forehead. "I need him. I-I can't live without him."

Taehyung remembered reading Romeo and Juliet in high school and thinking how dumb the ending was. He didn't think they should've reacted the way they did. No matter how much they loved each other, he thought it was silly to think that life couldn't go on or that their lover would've wanted the same fate for them. He now understood how the star-crossed lovers felt.

"Romeo and Juliet were young and naive. Life can go on, dear," he heard someone say. It certainly wasn't Namjoon since the last time Taehyung checked, the elf couldn't mind read nor did he sound like an old lady.

Taehyung's eyes shot up to see the woman walking towards them with a staff as support. Every step she took, it was as if a little ray of light was making its way through the darkness.

"Who..." Taehyung trailed, not finding the face familiar. Even if she had knowledge about Earth and thought of Taehyung's exact thoughts, the smile on her face made no sense at all to Taehyung.

"It's you," Namjoon said and immediately fell on his knees. The elf looked at him and smiled wider.

"Good to see you again," she said to him and Namjoon stared back speechless. Taehyung pieced it together quickly. The elf who gave him and Jimin their immortality. She stopped right at where Taehyung held Jeongguk.

"Such a brave elf," she said. Her voice was so soothing and gave Taehyung hope for some unknown reason. What was there to be hope for when all is lost?

"And such a kind and pure soul," she said, flipping her staff so that the crystal, an astonishing and beautiful little piece, faced Jeongguk.

"What are you doing? Who are you?" Taehyung inquired, curious but mostly alarmed by the elf that just came out of nowhere. He watched Jeongguk's still clear orb float up and the crystal glow a bright purple.

"Well, you can say I'm a fairy that grants wishes," she said and paused to chuckle. "Yes, a fairy without wings, then I guess a pixie. Anywho, when a soul as pure as his passes, their power is so strong that they have enough magic for their deepest desire to be put into their last remaining energy. My crystal has the ability to manifest this power and grant it."

Taehyung shook his head, not a word of it really processing. "No, wait. Is this safe?"

"I've been doing this for, well, ever. I even collected your dear friend's parent's wishes," she said, pointing towards Namjoon with her staff.

Taehyung still didn't understand what was going on but if it meant Jeongguk's last wish would be granted, he would do anything. Jeongguk's orb was sucked into the crystal and the older elf shut her eyes and concentrated hard. Taehyung observed her carefully, wondering what it possibly could be.

"Love really works in its odd ways, huh?" she said as she opened her eyes and looked straight at Taehyung.

"What?" Taehyung whispered, turning back to Jeongguk.

"All he cared for until his last breath was your happiness," she said, moving her staff to point at Taehyung and the King looked at her confused. Was she going to boost him on some ketamine or something was the first thought that came into his mind.

"But your happiness," she began and hovered the staff back to Jeongguk. "Lies within him."

Before Taehyung could even ask what that meant, the crystal glowed bright, little spheres of light started to fly out of it and circle around Jeongguk. Taehyung gasped as the light lifted Jeongguk away from his hands.

"Lumen be heret tel," she casted and Jeongguk's entire body illuminated the same hue as the light. She repeated the spell again and Jeongguk's orb returned from the orb to return back into him. Taehyung held his breath, not wanting to have hope just for his heart to be shattered again.

Jeongguk slowly fell back into his arms and Taehyung searched his body for a sign of anything. He was startled when Jeongguk suddenly jolted gasping for air.

"Oh my god," Taehyung muttered as he took in the side of Jeongguk's face into his palm. The younger's eyes fluttered opened slowly. A small cry of pain was let out as Jeongguk adjusted his sight.

"Jeongguk!" Taehyung exclaimed, not wasting another second and hugging him tighly.

"Oh," Jeongguk yelped, bringing an arm up to wrap around his neck. Taehyung pulled away and looked at Jeongguk who stared back confused.

"You're alive," Taehyung muttered and placed a kiss on his forehead, then one on his cheek, then the other cheek, and every other place on his face before he finally landed on Jeongguk's lips.

"Wha-What-" Jeongguk searched for the words but he was cut off again as Taehyung pecked his lips one more time.

"You're warm again," Taehyung whispered against his lips. He pulled away and looked at the woman who had already turned around to leave.

"Wait, thank you! Thank you so much," Taehyung yelled after the elf who turned around and offered him a smile.

"Oh don't thank me just yet, my crystal is a little more complicated than that which I unfortunately do not have the answers to."

Taehyung nodded. "Can–" Taehyung stopped the lady again. He gulped, wondering if he was asking for too much after she saved Jeongguk. "Can your crystal remove the curse?"

The elf turned around and faced him with a frown. "It was not supposed to be a curse. To have such pure and powerful magic, its other half had to be placed elsewhere. As all elf's gifts, you can control it. I apologize for any prejudice you may have faced, but I can tell you can overcome it, dear. You have him by your side," she said and looked at Jeongguk.

"You don't need to apologize."

"I do, dear. Farewell, take care of him. He's still suffering injuries," she said and continued on her path.

Jeongguk latched onto his elbow and moaned. "Tae, it hurts," he cried and Taehyung immediately moved his attention back to him.

"I'm so sorry, love." Taehyung got up, carrying Jeongguk in his arms.

"Namjoon, let's go," Taehyung said and Namjoon nodded, snapping out of trying to find the vanished elf.

"What happened?" Jeongguk managed to ask but Taehyung hushed him.

"Don't strain yourself, I'll explain everything later. We won."

Jeongguk groaned but felt relived hearing the last words. He wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck and rested his head against his chest as Taehyung flew up followed by Namjoon.

Taehyung felt like all the events of the day were passing him like a quick flashes of lightning yet at the same time, it was like the storm was never going to end.

There was still so much to deal with. The casualties, Linda, Taewon, the council and he still has no clue what happened to Jeongguk. For now, he could only do it one at a time. Jeongguk first.

•—•—•

As soon as Taehyung removed the Steel of Death spell, he ran back to Jeongguk. Taehyung knew it wasn't fair of him, or more so responsible of him to dump everything on Namjoon and put his duties on hold so that he can be by Jeongguk's side until he woke up. He probably would've snapped at the first person who reminded him he needed to decide what to do with their destressed kingdom or to hold a meeting with the other kingdoms.

Taehyung sighed as he took Jeongguk's hand in his and rubbed the back with his thumb. The doctor said he would be fine and needed some rest but Taehyung wanted him to wake up. It was the fear of losing him again. He needed to know Jeongguk had actually come back to him and hearing his quiet breaths were not enough. He needed the elf to smile and laugh and say how much he loves him again. To hug him and kiss him and make love with him.

"Wake up already," Taehyung whispered, pressing a kiss against his hand. "We can go visit the village kids. I'll make you another flower crown. We could even run away. Somewhere no one would look for us. Like Earth–"

Taehyung stopped talking as he came to a realization. He let go of Jeongguk's hand and left the room as fast as he could and went to Namjoon in the meeting room in the middle of something with Jimin and other officials that the king should've been doing but Taehyung had other worries.

"Oh god, Tae–" Jimin started but stopped seeing the elf's alarmed expression.

"I need to go to Earth," he said.

Namjoon furrowed his brows but looked at the others and they knew to leave the three alone. "I know you've been through a lot, your higness, but you've already commited to this life."

"That's not why, Namjoon. I need to save Jeongguk."

"Jeongguk's fine now," Jimin said but Namjoon shook his head.

"He means Earth Jeongguk."

"Oh honey," Jimin said and stepped closer to him so that he could hold his arms. "There's no gurantee he's still... The world's too big, Tae. You won't be able to find him, Jeongguk might not even be his name. This is something you just can't stop, and it's not on you either."

"I can still try, Jimin. Earth Taehyung needs his Jeongguk too."

Jimin stared back at him. "There's so much to do here."

"I can handle it."

Taehyung moved his gaze to Namjoon. He didn't exactly think Namjoon would be on board with this. Taehyung was expecting him to refuse opening the portal or telling him that's not how relationships worked, that not everyone who end up together in this world are the same in the other. Taehyung knew that very well too but still, if he could prevent the death of someone who shared the same soul as the one he loved, he'll do it.

"They'll call him the King that ran away," Jimin said.

"After he won the war? I don't think it'll be too big of a problem. We've got time, we're currently trying to just recover the damages. If Taehyung records an announcement before he leaves, a victory speech, it'll be fine," Namjoon explained.

Taehyung smiled, for the the first time in that day. "Thank you."

"You shouldn't waste time. I'll open it right now."

"Then I'm going with him, we'll take Yoongi too," Jimin said and they both agreed.

As Jimin went to the side to call Yoongi, Taehyung approached Namjoon. "When Jeongguk wakes up, tell him I'm sorry for not being there and that I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Will do," Namjoon replied. Taehyung nodded and pulled the older in for a long needed hug.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm not the only one suffering. You can go see him whenever you want," Taehyung whispered and Namjoon knew he wasn't talking about Jeongguk anymore. Namjoon didn't say anything in return and they all went to the throne room where Yoongi waited.

"How's Jeongguk?" Yoongi asked even though he had visited not too long ago.

"Getting better, I hope. Still asleep," Taehyung answered and Yoongi nodded, his face relaxing ever so slightly. He realized no one in the palace really had the joy of winning a long-awaited war. There was just nothing satisfying about it.

"Don't talk to Linda. Leave her in isolation until I return," Taehyung told Namjoon among the other things he wanted to be done during his absence. Taehyung wiped away the frown and put on a proud smile for celebratory speech and recorded the video.

"Where to?" Namjoon said after opening the portal. Taehyung gnawed on his bottom lip. What are the chances Jeongguk had been in New York all along?

"If it helps, I know where Earth you is," Jimin said and Taehyung looked at him with his eyes wide.

"Or at least the last time I saw him. I had to ensure you two would never meet, remember when we both coincidentally moved to another country?" Jimin explained.

"You think he'll be near Earth me?"

Yoongi sighed. "Let's hope your connection is strong enough to cross over universes."

Taehyung nodded. "It's all we've got."

The man they need to find could've died weeks ago, and even if he hasn't, there's no telling when or how he will. It might sound like a hopeless mission, but this was Taehyung's way of dealing with what happened. He couldn't save his Jeongguk, this was his oppertunity to save the other.

The three stepped up to the edge of the portal. It's been a while since Taehyung had been through one and as usual, he was afraid but maybe for different reasons this time. He held onto Yoongi's and Jimin's hands who stood at his sides.

"Toronto, Canada!" Jimin yelled before they all jumped in.

—•

STREAM DYNAMITE!!!! IT'S SO GOOD LIKE???? ITS SO FUN AND IT JUST MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY TO LISTEN TO AND WATCH THEM HAVING FUN
I CANT WAIT FOR THE ALBUM

Bye<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 2.4K 32
in which Jeongguk is all in for Taehyung. © jooheonssi 2017
210K 7.5K 25
Compilation of stories I randomly think about TaeKook. TaeKook One Shots Top Kook Bottom Tae
51.8K 2K 17
"Jeon Jeongguk, the cold-hearted prince. Kim Taehyung, the clumsy servant." "Who knew they'd be such a great match for each other." *I'm sorry for an...
244K 13K 43
In which tattoo artist Jeon Jeongguk meets his parallel when the soft and delicate Kim Taehyung finds himself in Jeongguk's shop one day as a dare. ...