Love, It's An Interesting Thi...

By Doyle02

Jessica has never really fit into her family. Her brother Eustace, has always been the focus in the family. H... More

Just a little note <3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 18

9.8K 269 108
By Doyle02

Jessica's POV

I walk into the room and Cas looks up to see it's me. I close the door behind me and start to walk to him.

But he gets up and speed walks to me. I notice this.

"Is everything al-" I start but the next thing I know his lips are on mine. He kisses me deep and just like before, he uses one hand to hold me close and the other to hold my cheek. I close my eyes and kiss him back, moving my hands behind his neck. I can tell he is pouring every ounce of love into this kiss. His hand that was holding my cheek moves to the back of my head, pulling our lips even closer together.

Our lips continued to move in sync. We stayed like that, kissing and holding the other, for as long as our bodies allowed us to. Cas pulled his lips back but continued to hold me tight, his breathing hard and short.

"What did I do to deserve that?" I ask with a smile.

"Turn to solid gold and scare the life out of me making me experience a lot of emotions that were not necessary because I could've simply kissed you and saved you... Also because our last kiss was interrupted." He tells me jokingly.

"Well, I will happily do that again if it gets you to kiss me like that." I teasingly say.

"Please no!" He laughs at me. I laugh with him until I'm out of breath.

"But seriously... when I thought I lost you..." He starts.

"Shh. I know... and I'm sorry for not telling you again. I wanted you to focus on saving this beautiful place, not focusing on being my babysitter..." I say to him.

"Yeah, I understand but when I was fighting and I didn't know how you were... it drove me crazy not being with you. I love you, Jess." He tells me.

"And I love you, Cas, my true love." I say with a smile and chuckle.

"Come on, let's go to deck." He says, wrapping his arm around me. I wrap my arm around him and smile down at me.

We walk out to see people playing in the water. Both Cas and I look at each other with mischievous smiles. He goes to push Ed into the water while I push Lucy and Eustace. We laugh at their protests when suddenly we both are pushed into the water. We resurface to hear everyone laughing and I look back up to the ship to see that it was Tavros and Drinian who pushed us.

Suddenly we hear a cheer and see a small splash of water. Reep comes up and smiles and laughs with us.

"Where the sky and water meet! Where the waves grow ever sweet!" Reep sings. But I suddenly realize something. I quickly taste the water again and the others look at me like I'm crazy.

"It's sweet..." I say, looking to Reep. Everyone tastes the water and is all caught by surprise when they see I'm not lying.

Suddenly we hear people pick up chatter and we see people pointing to something. We all look up to see beautiful white clouds and flower petals in the distant water.

"Aslan's Country!" I exclaim. "We must be close." Cas says.

"Well, we've come this far!" Ed says, climbing back onto the boat. We all follow him, changing into new and more appropriate clothes.

-----

It's just going to be me, Cas, Lucy, Ed, Eustace, and Reep that go to see Aslan.

"So what was it like, when Aslan changed you back?" I ask Eustace. I know he told our cousins but I wanted to hear it for myself.

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a Dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop." He tells us.

"It's okay Eustace. You were a pretty good dragon though." Ed says smiling to the boy.

"But know you're an even better boy. And I'm so proud of you." I tell him.

"As am I, you protected these people and I thank you for that." Cas tells him.

We all smile at each other, enjoying the moment when Reep speaks up.

"My friends... we have arrived." He says, looking forward to the beautiful sight before us.

The boat makes it to shore and we all hop out, I take Caspian's hand and we all walk forward. There is a big, long beautiful wave that looks like it's going to crash down but it doesn't. It's marvelous.

As we all continue to walk forward, Eustace says something making us all stop in our tracks.

"Aslan." Eustace states. I turn around to see the magnificent lion. His appearance and warmth not comparing to his constellation, his roar, or his voice that I experienced previously.

"Welcome, children. You have done well. Very well indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end." He tells us.

I knew this was coming... I didn't want to leave though...

"Is this your country?" Lucy asks, looking at the wave.

"No, my country lies beyond." He responds.

I look over to see Cas pondering something.

"Is my Father in your country?" He asks.

"You can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know that if you continue there is no return." Aslan tells him.

Cas lets go of my hand and approaches the wave. Wait... he's not thinking about leaving, is he? He sticks out his hand and lets the water wrap around his fingers and hand.

But suddenly he takes his hand back. He turns around, his face emitting a lot of thoughts and emotions.

"You're not going?" Ed inquires him.

"I can't imagine my Father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for. I spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. A people. A true love." He looks at me at the very end. But then he turns to Aslan. "I promise to be a better King." He says to him.

"You already are." Aslan says to him, proud of him. Caspian comes back over to me and wraps his arm around me, and me returning the gesture.

He then turns to us. "Children." He states, his voice returning to its normal tone.

"I think perhaps it's time we went home actually..." Ed says. Lucy looks at him confused.

"But I thought you loved it here..." Lucy asks him.

"I do. But I love home and our family as well. They need us..." Ed tells her. I can see that she knows he's right.

When she says nothing, Reep clears his throat. He approaches Aslan, taking off his feather ring and bowing to him. "Your Eminence. Ever since I can remember, I have dreamt of seeing our country. I've had many great adventures in this world but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy but with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes." Reep says. Tears start to form in my eyes.

"My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their bearers be." Aslan bows to Reep and he bows back saying, "Your Majesty."

"No one could be more deserving." Cas tells Reep.

"Well, I-" Reep starts but Ed stops him.

"It's true." Ed says. He bows to Reep and Reep bows back.

Reep then looks over to Lucy who looks like she is about to cry. She goes over to him and gets on her knees. "May I?" She asks him.

"Well, I suppose. Just this-" Reep starts but before he can finish, Lucy pulls him into a hug. He hugs her back and a tear falls down my face. "Goodbye, Lucy." He tells her.

He runs over to me. "Lady Jessica." He says while bowing. I laugh as I curtsied back. "Is there I chance I could have one of those too?" I ask him while kneeling down. He jumps up and hugs me. "Don't have too much fun without us, Reep." I joke to him, a tear falling down my face. He wipes my tear away and looks me in the eye. He then looks over to Caspian and then back to me.

"Let yourself live a little. 'There's no honor in turning away from adventure.'" He tells me.

I let him down and he goes over to Eustace. Eustace kneels down to him and starts to cry.

"Don't cry." Reep says. "I don't understand... Will I not see you again? Ever?" Eustace cries.

"What a magnificent puzzle you are, and a true hero. It has been my honor to fight beside such a brave warrior and a great friend." Reep tells him. They bow to each other and Reep runs off to the big wave.

There lies a small boat and oar made just for him. He stabs his sword into the sand saying, "I won't be needing this."

We all watch him paddle to the top and he looks back to us one more time. He turns back and goes over the edge to Aslan's country.

"This is our last time, isn't it?" Lucy cries.

"Yes. You have grown up, my dear one. Just like Peter and Susan." Aslan tells her.

A question pops into my head and figure I'll ask him after Lucy.

"Will you visit us in our world?" Lucy asks him. Edmund comes up behind them.

"I shall be watching you, always." Aslan says to her.

"How?" Lucy asks through her tears.

"In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason you were brought to Narnia. That by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there." Aslan states.

"Will we meet again?" Lucy asks.

"Mm. Yes, dear one. Some day." Aslan says to her.

I decided to speak up. "If I may ask, Your Majesty. Why did I come here, you said that Lucy and Ed had grown up like Peter and Susan but I am Susan's age."

"You came here for a different reason from your brother and cousins. I brought you here because someone needed you." He says looking to Caspian and then back to me.

He then turns to the wave and lets out a mighty roar, similar to the one I hear on the island. Suddenly, a hole appears in the waves. He turns back to me.

"Now, I am not here to separate true love but... the choice is yours, Jessica. You can leave Narnia and be with your family or you can stay here with your true love, Caspian. I will give you a short time to think it over. I believe you have some things to say to the Pevensie's, Caspian." Aslan says, turning to him.

Cas lets go of me and walks over to my family.

"You're the closest thing I have to family. And that includes you, Eustace." Cas tells them, looking to Eustace at the end and patting him on the shoulder.

"Thank you." Eustace says, patting Cas's arm.

He looks at Ed and they immediately pull each other into a hug. Once they let go, Ed turns to Aslan and bows to him. I see Lucy jump into Cas's arms, sobbing. He kisses her on the head and smiles at her. Lucy then turns to Aslan and runs up to him, hugging him with all she has. She kisses his cheek.

"Will I come back?" Eustace asks Aslan. "Narnia may yet have need of you." Aslan winks at him.

Aslan then looks at me. "What have you decided, dear one?"

I look at my family and then at Caspian. "I wanna stay here, with Caspian." I say.

I go over to my family and hug them.

"Lucy, don't you ever change. You are so amazing and kind." I tell her. I move over to Ed. "Ed, find yourself a girlfriend, someone who will love you for you and who will also believe in your Narnian tales, and then marry her." I laugh at him. I then move to Eustace. "Oh, brother, I love you so much. Be strong but be kind. It's okay to be wrong sometimes." I kiss his cheek.

"What do I tell Mother and Father?" He asks. I smirk.

"Tell them the truth. A King and I fell in love and they are never going to see me again, and also that they don't get any of his money." I tell him and he laughs. "But hey, Aslan said you'd be back, maybe it's while I'm still here so maybe I'll see you later." I tell him with a smile.

I back away and they all walk into the tunnel in the water. They all look back one more time and I wave goodbye,  tears falling down my cheeks, before the water closes.

Cas comes up and hugs me from behind. I lean into him.

"I love you, Cas." I say turning to him.

"I love you too, my Queen." He smiles, pulling me in for a kiss.

I miss back knowing that I've made the right choice.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 18.7K 60
Peter x reader Edmund x reader Caspian x reader Eustace x reader
59.3K 1.4K 52
Her mother was one of the few who still believed Aslan would return. Her father and even her brother didn't believe much anymore... And even after h...
104K 2.7K 16
after a long year, they finally have the chance. going back to narnia is just what the tattered family needs. except now, there's bigger threats and...
86K 1.5K 33
ReaderXEdmund Hello friends! This is a sequel to my first Narnia FanFic "An Unexpected Romance." This story takes place during the Voyage of the Daw...