A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

This is too much for me

122 7 2
By somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 37

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

10:13 am

(Ivan's POV)

I look at the awards I got from getting my weapon back from the ape as Anenoid drove up to the KFC's drive through speaker. 

Lvl 5(0%)Fencers Strike- Your body automatically stabs your opponents body three times before kicking them in the face. 

I don't know how to feel about this skill. The automatic part sounds good, but the kicking part sounds weird to me. It's not like I can kick that high. I don't think I have kicked someone in the head in a fight. Everyone is taller than me anyway, so I can't do that even if I wanted to. It's a nice skill though.

"What do you want?" Anenoid asked.

"You're getting me something?"

"Only because Nuxiel wanted me to."

"I don't know order for me." Anenoid rolled his eyes and leaned his head out the window.

"Can I have the Hot Wings?"

What else did I get from the quest? Nothing else except ruined swords. I lean my head on the window. Can I even use it anymore? It's dull, dirty, I don't think it can cut anymore. It was my favorite weapon too.

"You know, Nuxiel really likes you." Anenoid said kind of angry I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Isn't he always like that?"

"No! You know what he did to me when I first joined?"

"No." I say not really interested.

"He made me go half-way across the world just to take one picture, then he made me find the Mayan demigod camp!" Anenoid groaned in frustration.

"Where was the camp?"

"In the ocean! In the goddamn ocean! He just madeyou  fight one thing and that's it."

"I'm more valuable maybe? Or I'am a child?" Anenoid shook his head viciously. 

"Hell no! I literally lead a whole army into war against demigod camps!  I got nothing for it! You got a buncha money and new place! It's no fair! You just joined! You didn't do anything yet!"

"I don't know, you were probably more willing. I don't know why he gave me a bunch of stuff." I suddenly realize that he said new place? "What do you mean new place anyways? Wasn't the money the only thing he gave me?" Anenoid took a deep breath.

"Yeah, I don't know what the place looks like, I just have to take you to it though. Don't forget the phone though." 

"Oh yeah, anyways, I already have an apartment though."

"I don't know he's giving you a new place. He barely gives me money. It's dumb."

Anenoid drove up to the window and pulled out his wallet. He took out a debit card and gave it to the employee. Me and Anenoid stayed silent as we waited for the food. The employee got eventually gave us the food, Anenoid drove away as soon as we got the food.

"So about these camps on the demigods?"

"What about them?" He said while giving me a box of food. 

"What did you do?"

"Nothing much. I just gave orders."

"What orders." 

"Don't want to talk about it." I nervously nod as I open the box. 

"What camps did you attack anyway?"

"Just the Aztec and Mayan camps. I'm just trying to find the Chinese camp though. I have no idea where to look."

"Did you guys take out the Greeks? They're pretty popular."

"About that. We're not sure they still exist."

"Really? I just thought, that they were still around. Especially since that, they're were one of the best civilizations of the past?"

"Nah, you remember war with all the gods and demigods from different religions fighting each other?"

"Yeah kind of."

"The Greeks got unlucky, they were moving to a new spot and they got ambushed by the Egyptians before they could build anything. I think some survived, but probably not. Kind of sad for the Greeks though." I gulp as I bit into a piece of chicken.

" Hmm." My body tenses up as I feel the spices fill my mouth. I breath in and out of my mouth quickly. 

"It's not even that spicy." Sweat falls down my cheek.

"I don't eat spicy food." I wince as my mouth felt like it was fire. The spicy feeling intensed with each bite. After awhile it wasn't that bad. It actually tasted good once you got use to it. I put the bone down and grab another one. Anenoid stopped with a piece of chicken in his hand. I look around, we didn't stop near anything Only a bridge, but that was it. The only thing worth mentioning was a man hole under the bridge. It was very hidden. There wasn't even a tent or any sign that some person was sleeping here. Anenoid grabbed his food and walked underneath the bridge. I put my food in my Inventory and, shortly follow after him. Anenoid walked over to the the manhole and lifted it up.

"What are you doing?"

"This is where your new place is."

"This just leads to the sewer." He put the manhole to the side and sat down my the ledge/

"Just trust Nuxiel. It's probably better than it looks." He jumped down and I hear the faint noise of him landing. I walk over to the ledge. The top of the hole was pitch black. I notice a ladder on the side. I sit on the edge and cautiously reach for the ladder.  

The second I climb down the space suddenly lit up. Before I knew it my feet were on the ground. I look up, the hole was just five feet above me. Not even that high. I turn around and notice Anenoid leaning against the wall. I look around, it was a tiny room with stairs in the middle of the room. The room was surprisingly clean. Anenoid had a key in his hands. He tossed me the keys, the keys landed at my feet. I bent down and picked it up. 

"I guess this is your place." Anenoid looked around. It's better than that tent." I nod at least water won't drip from the tent into the apartment. I shiver just thinking of the memory.

"Why does this place exist though? I thought it would be connected to the sewers."

"There's a bunch of secret tunnels under America. Some people even live in places like these. electricity and everything."

"How do they get the electricity?" He shrugged.

"I have no idea. Either way it's scary. Who knows what people are doing in the tunnels." 

"Yeah I guess." I look down at the stairs. There was a bright light coming from the feet of the stairs. 

"Ca-can I go in?"

"Sure it's your's." I nod and walk down.

"Let me just see what your place looks like."

"Sure." I say as I jog down the stairs.

My eyes widen as I notice how fancy everything looked in my new apartment. I don't even think it was an apartment, it was more like a mansion. The first thing that caught my attention was the balcony right above my head. I notice stairs on the right that lead up to the balcony. Is that the second floor? Right in front of me on the left, there was the kitchen and a wide open space filled with couches. Nothing really there, just couches. I guess this is a resting area? I will probably never use it. In between the kitchen and the resting area was a wooden table. I walk over the to the kitchen and notice that there weren't no stoves or anything like that. There was just a island in the middle and a sink. I notice on the right,just a few feet away was a closet that these weirdly shaped bottles.

"This place is nice!" I hear Anenoid scream at the entrance. I go into the closet and take a look at the bottles. I open my mouth like a fish when I notice that it was filled with wine bottles. Behind the wine bottles was a window that let me take a look at the other side. Right past the outside area and through the windows was a island along with I think was a oven. Is that the kitchen? Why is this place so big. I walk out of the closet and walk right past Anenoid. I go straight from the entrance and take a right. I notice the oven was in the middle of a wall of wood. On the left was where I finally found the sink along with a island right in the middle. Where's the fridge though? I notice a small handle right by the over in the wood. I walk over to it and pull on the handle. I felt a cold gust of air hit me as I realized that it was the fridge. So this area is the kitchen! I notice cans of soda, yogurt, almost everything that every fridge had filled up everything. It's too big!  I look to my side and see another resting area but this one had a fireplace. So much space! How can anyone live like this? Right by the resting area was a huge window that revealed a massive forest. It was a nice view. I notice a hallway by the fridge.

I peek into the hallway and notice one room on the left and along with a window on the right. with the left being a little bit closer.At the end of the hallway was a another hallway that turned left. I peek into the room on the left, it was just a tiny bathroom. Like everything else, even the bathroom looked expensive. I walk past the window and see a wooden patio that overlooked the forest. I notice that the window was a sliding door. I turn the corner, the first thing that I noticed was how huge the room was. In the back of the room was a tiny little hole, kind of the like the hole in my room. The only thing different was that the bed was bigger, looked more softer too. There was a bookcase in right beside it, in the corner was a computer with a weird looking box. 

On the side of the box were wires and weird rectangle things. I look around the place and see a huge TV with consoles I recognized and some I didn't. The only thing I recognized was the Xbox 360 and a blue ray player. Right beside the consoles was a huge shelf that had a bunch of boxes for games and movies. Why so much? I notice a door right beside the entrance to the door. This is going to be my room. I walk to the door and open it. There was sink to my left, the only thing that caught me off guard was a bathtub backed up against a wall in the middle of the room. The wall didn't take all of room, there was still some room to go behind the wall. There was even another hallway on the right side of the wall. I look away from the wall and realize that there was another door on my right. I quickly open the door. Inside the room was a closet that was the size of my old room. The closet was stuffed with all these expensive looking clothes.

I close the door and walk past it. Who needs that many clothes anyway? I walk into the hallway near the wall. In the hallway was a singular sliding glass door that lead outside. I walk outside and see a pool along with a tinier pool that had popping. Is that a hot tub! Across the pool was a tiny little building. I fly over the pool and land right by the building. I peek into a window and see a bunch of machines that you would see in a gym. Actually I think it was a gym. Right behind the building was huge empty field with a horse stable in one corner. This would be great for Sombra. I look back at the house and see stairs going up to roof. I jog over to the house and shoot up into the air. On roof were couches and a tiny glass table. Even the roof is used? I fly back down and see the patio from the beginning of the house. I walk up to the patio and see Anenoid searching through the fridge through the window. I notice that the window was instead a sliding door. I glare at Anenoid before looking around the place. I notice that I was right beside the wine closet.

My eyes widen as I notice another hallway right beside the wine closet. Another one? How big is this place! I did't even get to see the upstairs area. I walk through the hallway and see a door on the right, I open the door and see a empty room with a nice view of the pool. On the left side of the room was a door that led through to a bathroom, along with a walk in closet on the other side. I close the door and keep on walking through the hallway. It took me a few seconds to find a bathroom on the right. The bathroom was small, it wasn't worth mentioning. At the end of the hall way were two rooms, one on the left and one on the right. I walk into the right room and find another empty room with a bathroom without the walk in closet. I close the door and open the other door. Inside the room was a drying and washing machine along with a bench that had drawers underneath. The room had another door that went somewhere else. I open the door to reveal a gray room that was about the size of the yard outside. There was a huge door at the end of the room. I notice a single white car with a spoiler on the back. The word, "Doge," was on the back of the car.  Is this a garage? I look at the car disappointingly. I don't know how to drive though. I sigh as I open the door and see the keys in the cup holder.  I grab it and close the door and walk back to the entrance of the mansion. Hopefully I can drive that in the future. It looked like a really nice car too.

The moment I walk back into the main part of the house I walk up the stairs. The first thing I see was a pool table with sticks leaning against the wall. I walk pas the pool table and walk into a doorway on the other side of the pool table. There was only a tiny little room. I quickly walk back out and make my way over to one of the resting areas and sit down. I breath out as I lean my head back on the pillows.

"I have no idea where Alice and Michael are"

12:02 pm

Can you drop me off here?" I ask as Anenoid pulled up to my old house.

"You guys were staying here?"

"Yeah." I say as I open the door and step out. "I don't like it."

"I'm surprised it hasn't fallen down yet, or that its still here. It looks so old."

"I know." I say as I close the door and walk up to the house. I open the door and look around. No sign of Michael and Alice. I walk up the stairs and walk into my old room. My eyes widen as I see the two-tailed girl that was always near coach looking around in my room. She spun on her heel and looked directly in my eyes. She had a furious look in her eyes. I let out an audible gulp.

"Where were you?"

"I have no idea! I just got cut off and had to run away!" She let out a sigh, a portal suddenly appeared by her side. She pointed at the portal and said, "Just go." I nod and quickly go into the portal. My vision blurred, in less than a second I found myself sitting in a chair with Coach sitting right in front of me. In leaned forward with a worried look on his face. 

"You were cut off from your team by the Nekomata right?"I silently nod. Are those the cats that attacked? I thought they were just Kitsune. He gave off a very different vibe than the girl with two-tails. "What happened after?" My instincts told me to not tell them about Nuxiel. He does want to kill the gods, I doubt they would want me or anyone in the camp around him. 

"They chased me throughout the city, it took me awhile to get away from them."

"How many were there?"

"Three I think." His eyes widened before going back to normal.

"What happened to the person you and your team were looking for."

"Couldn't find him." He silently nodded his head. 

"Alright you can go now, thank you." I nod and get up. I walk out of the building and look over camp. 

I want to go back already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...
364 19 4
The primordial Void exists everywhere, engulfing us in its wake. The creatures that dwell in there know only destruction and hagemony. Now they come...
74 6 15
One day, Eien discovers a book that leads him to uncover the world's untold secrets and question the very nature of reality. He fights against demons...
1K 31 1
A threat that turned into a fight. A fight that turned into a battle. A battle that turned into a war. It's the year 2172. Humans and Monsters in...