Mia González

By senoradanah

|NOT EDITED| River Martin, the school's nerd, or so they thought, is going to high school for one mission tha... More

Chapter One - The Neighbor
Chapter Two - Encounter With The Two Boys
Chapter Three - Detention Day 1
Chapter Four - Detention Day 2
Chapter Five - He Broke My Heart Again
Chapter Six - A Kiss on the Cheek
Chapter Seven - Emotions
Chapter Eight - Overthinking
Chapter Nine - A Witness
Chapter Ten - Jealousy
Chapter Twelve - More Jealousy & Awkwardness
Chapter Thirteen - I Need to Tell Someone
Chapter Fourteen - The Trip
Chapter Fifteen - The Trip pt. 2
Chapter Sixteen - A Conversation With Cameron
Chapter Seventeen - I Have Feelings For You.
Chapter Eighteen - A Threat
Chapter Nineteen - Unknown Message
Chapter Twenty - Luciano
Chapter Twenty-One - A Traitor
Chapter Twenty-Two - Back Home
Chapter Twenty-Three - Angry River
Chapter Twenty-Four - I'm Truly Sorry
Chapter Twenty Five - Visitors
Chapter Twenty Six - The Beginning of The End
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Traitor & The Enemy
Chapter Twenty Eight - The Aftermath
Chapter Twenty Nine - Cindy 02
Chapter Thirty - Always & Forever
BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter Eleven - A Confession.

8.2K 253 84
By senoradanah

I hope you like this chapter! <3

"So, have you decided?" I asked casually.

"Decided whether to die or join the mafia?" Cameron chuckled nervously.

"Yes, however, it is more like a gang." I nodded.

"Oh sorry." He joked, "How can you ask me that? does Mia even knows about you?"

"You'd be surprised with what she is and what she knows." I replied.

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing. Now, what's your choice?" I asked firmly. I gave him all yesterday and he still hasn't decided. I mean...it's not math, it is either a yes or a no.

"I-I am scared." He stuttered nervously.

"Look, I understand, but you don't have another choice."

"I swear I won't tell anyone, please River." He pleaded.

I really felt bad for him. I know he is scared and I know he doesn't want to live this life, but he shouldn't have been at the school. I am not saying it is his fault, but it happened and now it is done. He saw us killing Josephine and he has to accept the consequences of this.

On the other hand, I cannot kill him, or should I say, I don't want to. He is innocent and he is Mia's friend. But in order to free him, I have to talk with Demetrio.

"Stay here, I'll come back later with the final decision."

I left the basement and went upstairs to Demetrio's office. My gang and I are doing our business in Demetrio's warehouse because we couldn't afford or actually didn't have time to buy one here. We only have one and that's in New York.

I knocked on the door and entered when I heard him say 'come in.'

"We need to talk." I started.

"What is it?"

"Cameron; Mia's friend, saw us kill Mrs. Jones at the school."

"Fuck!" He hit his palm on the table. "You should've been careful!"

"I know, but it happened and now he is in the basement."

"So? what do you want me to do? kill him?"

"No actually. I was going to ask you if I should let him go or force him to join." I explained.

"It is your gang and your call." He said and I rolled my eyes.

I mean...can't he give me a honest answer?

"I need a second opinion." I groaned.

"What do you want to do?" He asked curiously.

"I want...to let him go." I hesitated.

"Then do that."

"Wow, thanks man." I chuckled.

"By the way, how's Mia doing?" He asked while putting out his cigarette.

"Good." I simply said.

"Just good? no boyfriend or anything?" He suspiciously asked.

"Not to my knowledge." I shook my head.

"Good." He nodded.

After leaving his office, I have made my mind. I will let Cameron go, but I'll have to threaten him first.

Making my way to the basement, I opened the door and saw him still sitting in his seat looking scared to the core. Especially when he saw me come in.

"So?" He nervously asked.

"I will let you go." I rolled my eyes and he sighed in relief.

"but-" I started and he looked up, "-if you tell anyone Cameron, I will kill you and bury you somewhere no one would find." I dangerously added.

"I swear! I promise." He nodded.

I motioned for one of my men to cut him loose and show him out. He still doesn't know that we work with Demetrio or anything. I made sure he didn't see anything when he came in, and he is going out just like that.

I followed him outside since I have to get back home to see my sister. She just came with Danny and Adrian I presume. I mean, Adrian wouldn't come alone.

The image of him holding Mia's hand came back to me and I got angry again. FUCK!

Parking my car, I made my way to my house and entered. As soon as I opened the door, I heard a squeal.

"AHHH! FINALLY YOU ARE HERE!" Lara screamed and jumped on me.

"Slow down!" My voice hardly came out. She was suffocating me. Literally.

"I've missed you!" She came down and pinched my cheeks.

Yes everyone, my little sister pinches my cheeks and treats me like a small boy when it should be the opposite.

"I have missed you too Lara." I hug her.

We walk to the living room and there was Danny sitting.

"Hey man." I greeted him with a handshake.

"Hey." He replied returning my handshake.

"Thank you for bringing my sister with you." I nodded.

"Don't mention it." He winked. "I have to go now, I'll see you later, okay?"

"Of course."

After he left, I went and took a quick shower before coming down to sit with my sister. I can't believe I haven't seen her in 3 months. I really miss her a lot.

"So, do you want to eat something?" I asked.

"No thank you, uncle Danny already fed me." She softly slaps her stomach making my giggle.

"Don't giggle, it's creepy!" She giggled.

"Sorry, but you are finny!" I giggled again.

Suddenly, we heard a knock making us stop what we were doing. Who might that be? I slowly made my way to the front door and opened it.

Shit.

"Hey..." Mia greeted.

"Hi."

"Umm..sorry, did I come at a wrong time? we were supposed to study." She explained.

Shit, I forgot.

"Uh...actually, my friend is here right now." I nervously replied.

"Who is it River?" Lara's voice echoed through the whole house.

"Oh...a friend then." She swallowed hard.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked nervously.

"No, I wouldn't want to ruin your night with you, friend." She replied firmly.

"No, it's fine. Please, come in." I invited her in and closed the door behind us.

I already told Lara about this situation before I showered.

"Lara, this is Mia, Mia this is Lara." I introduced them to each other.

"Hey!" Lara hugged Mia shocking me and her in the process.

"Hello." Mia smiled and hugged her back.

"Is this your girlfriend?" Lara grinned.

Fuck you Lara! You know who she is, yet you are playing with fire.

"Uh..no, we aren't.." Mia replied shyly.

"Yeah, Mia is my friend from school." I casually said.

"Oh, okay." The grin did not leave her face whatsoever.

We sat down and I ended up ordering pizza for Mia and I. We also started watching a horror movie called Annabelle.

Did you know that there are some rumors that Annabelle escaped the museum? I mean that's ridiculous.

Sitting between the two ladies, each time a scary scene comes, they jump on me and hug me tightly as if their life depends on me. I mean...it's not scary at all.

"AHH!" Lara yelled and closed her eyes and I rolled mine.

"I can't take it anymore, I am going to my room." She said and left.

I know what she's trying to do. Smart ass.

She left Mia and I alone and went upstairs. After that, we watched the movie until it ended. I turned my face and saw Mia still holding me tight, scared to let go. A smile appeared on my face and soon a laugh broke out.

"Why are you laughing!" She groaned.

"The look on your face...priceless!" I laughed harder.

"It's scary." She pouted and that only made me want to kiss her more. I mean...look at her lips. This pout...

I stopped laughing and soon our faces were inches away. I know I said I have to control myself, but I don't know how. Every time I try, she appears in front of me and I forget everything I said.

Should I kiss her?

Without realizing, my lips crashed onto hers. Sparks flew here and there, and to me, this is the best kiss I have ever had.

It was slow, gentle, and short.

After breaking the kiss, we kept looking into each other's eyes. I couldn't look away and neither could she.

"W-What was t-that for..." She breathed heavily.

I swallowed hard.

I was about to answer when the door bell rang. I cleared my throat and walked towards the front door.

Who is this?

I opened the door and found Alexio standing with his hands in his pockets.

"Alexio? hey."

"Is my sister here?" He asked.

"Yes, she is."

"Alexio?" Mia's soft voice came from behind me.

"Adrian is looking for you and so is dad."

"Okay, I am coming." She quickly said and left.

Part of me is glad that she left fast because I didn't have an answer to her previous question. I had to make sure that Demetrio is okay with it and then I'll make a move. But again, I am lying to her. I cannot be with her when I lied to her.

Groaning, I made my way upstairs to get ready to go to the warehouse. I have to talk to Demetrio.

After getting dressed, I called Demetrio and asked him if he could meet me at the warehouse. I know he is at his house and probably sitting with his family, but this is urgent to me.

I also told Lara to get ready because I wasn't going to leave her here alone. Besides, I am sure Demetrio wants to see her.

20 minutes later, we parked the car beside the warehouse and made our way inside. Walking towards Demetrio's office, Adrian stopped us.

"River, Lara hey!" He greeted.

"Adrian." I nodded.

"Hello Adrian!" She hugged him.

"Going to uncle's office?" He asked.

"Yup." I replied.

He nodded and left.

I knocked on the door and entered.

"Lara! darling, how are you!" Demetrio smiled and hugged my sister.

"Hello uncle, I am good and you?"

"I am well." He nodded, "I am better now that I saw you.

"Aww, thank you." She hugged him again.

"Lara, can you leave us, we need to talk." I softly said and she nodded.

After she left the office, I made my way towards him and sat down on one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Is something wrong, son?" He asked worriedly.

"Actually....yes."

I was so nervous. I know he wouldn't lay a hand on me, but there is a possibility that he wouldn't want to see me again, and I don't want that.

Demetrio is like a father to me and I love him so much.

"Tell me, what is it?"

"What I am about to tell you, might angers you." I started and he frowned. "I wanted to tell you years ago, but I couldn't."

"What did you do, River." He glared at me.

"I-" I swallowed hard, "-I like your daughter."

The look on his face says it all. Any father would react the same.

"You? like my daughter? My daughter Mia?" He asked firmly.

"Yes, Mia." I look down, "I don't want to do anything before asking for your permission."

"Does she like you back?" He narrowed his eyes.

"I mean...we kind of kissed toda-"

"YOU WHAT?" He yelled.

"I TOLD YOU NO ONE TOUCHES HER AND THAT INCLUDES YOU!" He yelled again.

"I couldn't! okay? I couldn't control myself, I love your daughter!" I yelled back shocking him.

"YOU KNOW WHAT MIA IS TO ME, YET YOU DO THAT!" He was now fuming, "DOES SHE EVEN KNOW YOU WORK WITH ME?"

"No." I simply said.

"When she know, she will hate you." He calmed down a little. Just a little.

"And I plan on telling her. I will not lie to your daughter." I said.

"But, our deal was not to tell her or even befriend her!" He groaned.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"I don't know...the problem is I cannot stand in her way if she loves you too, but also, I cannot see you two together. Plus, there's our deal and a whole lie."

I nodded sadly and stood up.

I know some of you might say that you should fight for her and everything, but he is right. We made a deal and I should honor it.

I turned around to leave when he stopped me.

"I'd be happy if you don't see her again." He suddenly said.

"Why?" I frowned.

"If she discovered that we work together and lied to her for 3 years, she will hate us both." He explained.

"But, if I leave her, she's going to get hurt!"

"It's better than telling her now. Let's just stick to the plan River." He huffed.

"Demetrio...you know me, you trust me. I wouldn't hurt your daughter, I respect her...a lot." I started, "-and I-I like her..."

"The answer is no River and I don't want you to think that I don't want you to be with her....it's just that her knowing now is a big risk. She will want to work with us and I don't want that. I want her to live a normal life, do you hear me?."

"I-I understand." I nodded and left.

Now the million dollar question is, what am I going to tell her about the kiss? I can't tell her it's a mistake because it wasn't. It was amazing...god. And I can't let her hate me...so I have to be fake honest with her. How? I don't know.
~ ~ ~ ~

I hope you liked this chapter!!!!! I had fun writing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 6.4K 79
*Mafia boss and his lost love* Alessa Romanov had endured a difficult childhood. Kidnapped at two years old, she had no memory of her biological fami...
65 9 23
Katherine was starting her sophomore year in college with her best friend, Allie, by her side. Katherine was Ms. All American. Blonde hair, blue eye...
441K 16K 77
The Russian mafia princess and the Italian mafia king. It's a wise old mafia tale: they are each other's biggest competitor, but the heart doesn't se...
VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.4M 38.2K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...