The Vampire Prince returns to...

Mama_Kas tarafından

Sequel to The Vampire Prince goes to High School. It's been a few months since Rin and Alexander have dealt... Daha Fazla

The Vampire Equal Education Law
Into Pairs
Unspoken
Soul Searching
Catch
Understanding
Evaluation
Last Minute
Let's Talk
Gossip
Aftermath
Making Friends
Opportunities
Making Plans
Flying Solo
On a Date
Paying it Back
Rival?
Snacking
Handling It
Lawyers and Detention
Taking Care of Business
Warning
Cook-Out
A Small World
Blind Sided
Playing Dress Up
Dodging Questions
The Ball
Royalty
Royal Announcement
Numb
#TeamRin
Truth Searching
Confrontation
Hopeful
Heir
Backroom Dealing
The Talk
Relationship Advice
Seeking
Clarity
Fighting Love
Discussion
Leaked
The Spotlight
The Interview
A Quiet Moment
Exposed
T is for Traitor
Overkill
The Life of a Royal
Collaboration
To the Future
Signing of a Treaty
Aftermath
Always
Epilogue

The Agreement

3.8K 305 104
Mama_Kas tarafından

In the late hours of the night, I held Alexander to my chest. He'd shifted out of his kitten form - turns out I did enjoy cuddling with him as a kitten- and decided that I was going to be his pillow tonight. Unable to sleep, I ran my fingers through his hair.

Part of me wanted to believe Cassidy would successfully convincing her father to a treaty without marriage but the other part wasn't too sure. After all, he had exposed my relationship with Alexander and was probably responsible for people threatening me. I couldn't see King Caldor agreeing to anything. Alexander hadn't talked to his father either.

It takes time, I reminded myself.

I sighed, pressing my cheek against Alexander's head. If only there was something I could do to help. Maybe if I talked to the Kings . . . No, I would never get through the door. I could write them a letter. Or maybe Violet could help. I sighed again. She probably didn't want to interfere with this.

"Can't sleep?" Alexander muttered.

"Sorry," I said. "Didn't mean to wake you."

"I wasn't sleeping. Vampires don't sleep. The closest I can think of is meditating."

"Oh. Well, still. Sorry."

He nuzzled my neck. "I don't mind if you're the one keeping me up."

I closed my eyes. I needed to get some sleep. There was no use in overthinking.

Alexander nuzzled my neck again and I felt something brush against my skin.

"Alexander?" I began.

He pulled me closer and sucked the soft skin below my neck. I gasped in surprise. My face warmed.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, trying to squirm away.

He grinned at me. "A love bite," he said.

I glared at him. "Seriously? My parents-"

"Just wear a t-shirt," he said. "No one will see it." He shrugged. "I also thought you deserved a medal so this is the closest I can give you."

I shook my head. "At least do it where no one will have the possibility of seeing it," I huffed.

"Well," he said, propping himself on one arm. "I can arrange that."

He pulled my shirt up, exposing my tummy. My eyes widened.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to sit up.

He grinned at me. "Just a small one," he promised.

"Alexander Rothchester, don't you dare."

He froze for a second and pouted. "Okay," he said. "I won't."

I released the breath I'd been holding. Smiling to myself, I sat up and kissed his cheek.

"If you do that," I whispered. "I think I'll wake everyone up."

He pressed his forehead against mine. "Rin, you can be as loud as you want to be."

I blushed. "Maybe someday," I told him, "but not tonight."

He kissed my neck again. "I can't wait."

###

Alexander's POV

It took three days to talk to King Rothchester. And another three to set a date and time for the meeting with King Caldor. They would meet at the Palace and there be no other VIP around  It also meant he had little or no time with Rin.

I just need to fix this, he told himself. "Once this is over, we'll have all the time we want.

"Your Highness," came a voice from outside Alexander's study. "King Caldor and the Princess are arriving."

Alexander stood from his desk. As he walked down the corridor, he joined up with the King's entourage. It wasn't like Alexander wasn't nervous, he was, but a Prince couldn't be nervous. He had to remain confident.

The King walked at a brisk pace. The sun hadn't yet risen but no one doubted that this meeting wouldn't take all day. If anything, it might take longer. Such was the nature and importance of their talk.

King Rothchester and Alexander reached the foyer just as King Caldor arrived. Princess Cassidy walked behind him. Both Kings greeted each other curtly.

There was no handshake. No smiles or joyful remarks. One wrong word and there really could be war. Even as Alexander thought this, he felt a sense of calm wash over him. It was ultimately his fault for complicating everything. If it came down to it, he would take responsibility. After all, the King had other heirs.

As King Rothchester lead them to the meeting room, Cassidy and Alexander glanced at each other. If she was trying to give him a hint, couldn't tell. Maybe if things went well he'd ask her how she had convinced her father to attend the meeting.

The study was set up when they arrived. There was a large, square table in the center and four chairs around it. Upon the table were the treaty drafts Alexander had come up within three days. When they entered, the doors closed behind them. Their entourages waited outside.

The Kings wasted no time in sitting down. Cassidy and Alexander followed. Wordlessly, Cassidy placed her drafts upon the table as well. The Kings grabbed the other party's documents and started to read. 

"This is a mockery," King Caldor finally said. He threw the papers down on the table. "Our previous arrangement was perfectly fine." He glared at Alexander. "As the offended party, I demand reparations."

"Publicly, it was Princess Caldor that ended the engagement," Prince Rothchester answered coolly. "We never instigated such talks."

"This coming from a mere boy?" King Caldor scoffed. "Childish."

Prince Rothchester refused to look at his father. Take care of it, the King had said. That was the condition he had set to participate in the discussion. Alexander had understood that perfectly. King Rothchester was not going to interfere. It would be up to Alexander to convince King Caldor without any help.

"Your people want you off the throne," Alexander said bluntly. "That's no secret."

King Caldor growled. Cassidy gave Alexander a look but didn't comment.

"You dare," King Caldor began.

"It's past time you face it," Alexander continued. "Marrying into my family will not change that."

"I will not sit here and have you lecture me," King Caldor said, standing.

"Then stand," Alexander retorted. 

A stunned silence followed. 

"Regardless of the time that has passed," Alexander continued gently. "I have always held respect for the Caldor family. I'm sure your people have too. It's difficult not to notice everything changing. I'm not fond of change myself but I know it is necessary."

"I think so too," Princess Cassidy said. "Our people want a new form of government. They want o merge. As the next ruler, I'd want that too."

"That has yet to be decided," King Caldor sneered. "What good are you if you immediately give away the Crown?"

Cassidy sat up straighter. "My King, I have and will always sacrifice everything for the Crown. Our people aren't talking about a complete abolishment. It also doesn't mean I'll give up the throne. It will be a gradual merge with the government in place. But, at this moment, we are speaking of a treaty between two great Royal families. I implore you not to muddle the two."

"Our agreement is this," Alexander said. "We will continue to provide support and keep good relations with each other. In essence, everything from the previous arrangement will be the same. However, the bonding of this agreement will be one of friendship rather than marriage."

"For a mere human, huh?" King Caldor said.

Alexander clenched his jaw. He hated hearing Rin badmouthed.

"For our people," Alexander replied. "To be frank, I am fully aware I'm not qualified to take the crown from King Rothchester, but as long as I hold the title of Crown Prince, I am willing to do anything to keep the Crown from being dragged through the mud." He gestured to the chair. "King Caldor, join us, and let us discuss our future."

For a few seconds, Alexander wondered if the King would walk out the door. Cassidy looked pale and Alexander could almost see her shaking. Eventually, King Caldor grunted and sat. 

Now, Alexander thought to himself. Here comes the hard part. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

104 18 8
King Uther of Forland is old and failing. His grandson and heir, Prince Richard, lives the good life: anything that gives him an adrenaline rush. He...
1.6K 438 42
(Completed novel) 
She's the Posytyve. The half human who will save humanity and the supernatural world from the Gloans. One mishap causes her to end...
3.4M 149K 82
Twenty years ago, vampires emerged from the shadows and took their place among humans. With their King and the government working together, a fragile...
20.3K 801 9
MxFxM "You can't manipulate yourself out of this bind, my love" Arlo whispered into my ear. "We're going to paint your ass red for what you did. And...