Sanjie, Aniah & Sander

By zoooShaashaa

Sanjie, Aniah, and Sander share a history that began in childhood summers spent at their grandparents' homes... More

Sanjie, Aniah & Sander
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Sanjie, Aniah & Sander

Chapter 3

15 1 0
By zoooShaashaa

Sander kept his words. One month passed when He and Sanjie began dropping me off at my place. If one of them was busy, the other person will drop me off, they're shifting. I'm the topic of the school and I wanted to avert people but I can't. They've been talking about me since they saw me being with them. Those two men already knew my friends and they're like somehow socializing with us. Believe it or not, Sander's joining our company and he was having fun. He may not tell but, I can see that he was getting a kick out of it.

Sanjie told me one time when were inside the car that, Sander's changing. Imagine, it's just a month and he's already altering. Probably my friends were right. It was a blessing to Sander Callum Pangilinan. I concede with what Sanjie said because I could also see Sander's changing, he began to be talkative but when with me.

"So huhulaan na naman natin kung sino ang susundo mamaya sa soon-to-be Mrs. Pangilinan," Maxi told.

Lorraine laughed. "I bet it would be, Sanjie." She replied.

"I think it's Sander," Maxi argued, and they began laughing.

The Pangilinan cousins started to open up and tell something about themselves and it wasn't hard to know more about them. Certainly, they're fun to be with and one of them takes you out whenever we have free time. It's not a date that you were guys thinking, it's just a friendly date but when I'm with Sander, I feel like he's taking me out on a date. What do I feel whenever Sanjie's taking me out? I feel pleased and leisurely at the same time.

Now, Maxi and Lorraine are doing the bet of who's gonna drive me home after class, and whoever wins will receive a cash prize. Ever since those two started driving me home, these two also started a bet. I don't get these girls sometimes.

"Oh My Gosh!" I heard Maxi shrieked.

Lorraine and I looked at her and gave her a troubled look.

"Bakit?" Lorraine asked.

"Sanjie's here," Maxi murmured to us.

I leaped out of my chair. "H-Ha?" I asked in skepticism.

Lorraine looked at me. "Siya yung susundo sa'yo? Eh, hindi pa naman nagsisimula yung last subject natin ah."

I didn't reply to her and began walking to Sanjie, who's waving at me. The girls in my classroom began giving me scowls.

"Zephaniah!" Sanjie happily called my name while waving at me.

"H-Hi! What are you doing here?" I asked him as I went out of the classroom.

"I came here to see you." He replied.

My heart's whipping fast. I felt my cheeks were burning. My classmates who were standing behind me began murmuring but I didn't mind them.

"You're blushing." I heard him said.

I instantly looked away. Oh My Gosh! He saw that?! It's a fluster!

"I-I'm not!" I cried out.

He laughed and messed with my hair. "So, let's go?" He asked.

I looked at him. "Ha? Hindi pa nagsisimula yung last subject namin." I told.

"You mean with Mister Gonzales? He's not feeling adequate today."

"H-How did you kn—"

He smiled. "—Sander and I memorized your schedule. Mister Gonzales was also our History teacher and he's not around here today." He clarified.

Okay? That explains why they knew where I was.

The next thing I knew was, Sanjie entered the classroom and I was surprised. Girls started to shriek in enthusiasm because only Sanjie entered our classroom. I don't know why. It's even too late to stop him.

Then I saw him chatting to Lorraine and Maxi, and then Maxi pointed something. I lately knew that Sanjie is asking them where my bag was because I saw Sanjie took my bag and things on my chair. But before he left, he said something to my friends, that made them smiled. I got odd because they're narrowly far from me.

I was surprised to see Sanjie who's now standing in front of me. That was sharp.

He smiled. "Let's go." He said and grabbed my wrist, then we started walking.

"By the way, where's Sander?" I asked.

"He was with his group mates and busy doing their group project. So that's why I'm here with you today." He replied.

"Wala kang practice ngayon?" I asked him in turmoil.

"I have." He answered.

"Then why aren't you there? Baka mapagalitan ka pa." I asked again.

He halted and looked at me.

"I told them I'm not going to practice today dahil walang maghahatid sa'yo." He retorted.

How many times did my heart battering at him? Because my heart is thumping on him again. Oh My! I don't know what to say. I am silent! He pardoned himself from practice just because no one will drive me home?

"So, let's go?" I heard Sanjie asked.

I nodded and we continued walking. I can't believe that he forfeited his dance practice just for me! Am I important to him? Oh!!! I still couldn't believe it! I wanted to cry out in joy but Sanjie's with me.

We reached the parking lot after a couple of minutes. Sanjie as being a guy opened the car door for me, and put my things in the back seat. He orbited his car and opened the car door of the driver's seat and he began driving.

None of us were speaking while he was driving but I saw him staring at his wristwatch. I think he's checking the time if he could still enmesh to his dance practice.

"Do you wanna catch up to your practice?" I asked him.

"Why'd you asked?" He asked me back while his eyes were at the road.

I looked at the side of the window.

"Nakita ko kasing panay ang tingin mo sa relo mo." I replied.

He chuckled. "No. I'm just checking the time if it's still early." He told.

"Bakit?"

He smiled. "Because I'm taking you out."

"H-Ha?"

A date? He's taking me out on a date? Or just a friendly date?

I can't help but guessing where Sanjie will take me this time. He didn't even tell me if this was a date or just a friendly date. I don't want to infer okay?

"You planned all of these," I said when we arrived at a garden and saw the setup was into a picnic.

He stroked his hair while looking at the picnic setup. "Naisip ko lang kasi na I should try something new whenever I'm taking you out. Ang common na kasi kung dadalhin pa ulit kita sa mga restaurants." He clarified.

I laughed. "Well, I didn't ask you to bring me there. Kinokontra pa nga kita eh kasi sa mamahalin na pagkainan mo pa talaga ako dinadala." I stated.

"Because you deserved it. I mean, you deserve to be treated special." He said.

I looked away when he said that. I felt butterflies in my belly and he gave me his hand, I ratified and we walk towards the picnic set up on the grass.

We sat on the blanket and began eating the food that's on the basket. We talk and laugh while eating. Frankly, I'm delighted to be with Sanjie, but I'm pleased when I'm with Sander. Maybe I'm confiding it because I'm in love with Sander, and not with his cousin.

"This belongs to my grandmother." He said while his eyes wandered around the garden.

"Hindi ba siya magagalit na dinala mo ako dito?" I asked.

He laughed. "Of course not!"

I was about to ask him another question when he asked me.

"Do you know why I brought you here?"

I shook my head. I don't know. He just brought me here and was shocked to see a picnic set up in this garden.

He looked at me. "Because you're special." He admitted.

I was amazed to hear his answer. I didn't foresee it coming. I'm special? To him? My heart's whipping so fast again and I don't comprehend why.

"My grandfather made this garden for my grandmother because he was special to her. So, my grandfather told me before, if there's a girl who's special to me, I'll bring her here." He dealt.

I'm special to him... Maybe, I'm just a special friend to him.

I somehow felt unhappy because I think Sanjie only sees me as his friend...his special friend. He didn't tell me precisely to. I shouldn't be disheartened rather I should be thankful because someone dealt with me special, but I can't.

I'm not falling for him, right? Because I'm into Sander...I'm into his cousin.

***

"Are you okay? Kanina ka pa tahimik."

I nodded. "I-I'm okay," I answered.

We arrived at my house. So I got out of his car and so he was. He gave me back my things and I thanked him.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked clearly.

"Yes...I'm okay. Napagod lang ako sa byahe kaya tahimik lang ako." I...lied.

I'm not okay. I'm still thinking about what he said when were still in the garden. I couldn't help to think what he meant by special? Special friend? Special—what?

I almost scream when Sanjie pulled me to him and hugged me. I was surprised at what he did. W-Why?

"Whatever you're worrying about right now. Stop it. Get rid of it in your mind." He mumbled.

I didn't respond, so I heard him sigh.

"I can read your mind, Zephaniah."

I froze. W-What?

"You've misinterpreted it." He proceeded.

I laughed awkwardly. "W-What are you talking about?"

"You're more than a special friend." He confessed.

What he said surprised me. What does he mean? I was about to ask him when he quit hugging me and smiled at me. His smile made me bewildered.

"You better go inside Zephaniah. It's getting cold." He said, and walk towards back to his car and get in the driver's seat.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said and began the engine of his car, then left.

I was left standing and stunned as to what he said. What does he mean by more than a special friend? Does this mean... Sanjie likes me?

——

"You okay Aniah girl?" I heard Maxi asked.

"I-I am!" I replied quickly.

Lorraine gave me a skeptical look which made me stunned. "What do you wanna tell us, Aniah?"

"N-Nothing!" I fibbed.

"Then why are you behaving strangely?"

"Me? What do you mean?"

They were nearly to respond when someone spoke behind us.

I froze when his voice sounded common to me.

"Hi girls!" He greeted.

I instantly stood up from my chair and swiveled at him. "H-Hi!" I greeted him back while waving my hand to him.

"That weird." I heard them muttered.

He smiled at me and looked at the girls.

"What are you girls talking about?" Sanjie asked.

Maxi smiled teasingly. "Oh nothing! We're just teasing Aniah!" She responded.

"About what?" He asked.

"It's not a what, it's a who." Lorraine rectified.

He laughed. "So, who?" He asked.

I broadened my eyes at them, glancing at them not to tell him, but they're not conspiring.

"Sander." They replied in unison.

I saw how Sanjie froze, but a minute later he laughed...awkwardly. "S-Sander? What about him?" He asked.

"She likes him," Lorraine replied.

Oh My Gosh! I can't believe they just screwed me to Sander's cousin!!

"S-Since when?" He asked again.

Maxi laughed. "Noon pa noh!"

Sanjie smiled...slightly. "Is that so?"

My friends might have seen Sanjie's smile, so they halted. Sanjie turned around to me and smiled at me.

"Don't worry. I won't tell him but I'll help you get closer to him." He said and pardoned himself.

I was left speechless. So I turned to the girls and they were shocked.

"W-What just happened?" Maxi asked as he left.

I sighed. I told them what Sanjie told me last time when we're at his grandmother's garden. It's been five days since he said that I was more than just a special friend to him. Their reactions were rare and if you guys started thinking about where we were at. Well, we're hanging around in the school lobby. It was our vacant time.

"I cannot believe this." Maxi clamored.

"So you're saying..." Lorraine covered her mouth in skepticism. "...That he likes you?"

Maxi looked at her in surprise.

"I don't know. I didn't even ask him kasi bago ko pa nagawa yun ay nagpaalam na siya sa'kin." I replied.

"Oh My Gosh! We didn't know Aniah girl. We're very sorry." They admitted guilt.

I shook my head. "You don't have to be sorry, girls. Wala naman kayong kasalanan at kakausapin ko nalang siya mamaya." I said.

So, by lunchtime. We joined with the cousins. I sat next to Sanjie every day, but as we arrived at the cafeteria, I was surprised when he requested me to sit next to Sander. The girls sit between the side of the table.

So I was about to reply when Sander grabbed my arm and sit me next to him. I have no option but to stay silent and let Sanjie do what he wants. He smiled and gave me a thumbs-up up, but I looked away.

AND this happens every day. He doesn't want me to sit next to him. He even rarely drives me home from school and it's because he was busy with his practice on their dance club, busy doing his projects with his group mates, will gonna do his home works as soon as possible, and was tired. He's not like that before! He can even excuse himself to practice just to drive me home and now, he's making up excuses for me? He's like avoiding me! And I don't know why.

I tried talking to him but he usually says that "Let's talk later. I'm busy." Seriously? He still gives me time even though he's busy. I don't understand him. Last time, he told me that I was special, but now? It's like I'm not special to him anymore because he's avoiding me. I don't get him! We rarely talk to each other because he was busy if I know he's just making up excuses. Sander didn't notice that his cousin and I weren't much talking to each other like before because he was also busy, but he was giving me time and he sometimes takes me out—I deemed it as a date although he never said it was. I'm pleased when I'm with him.

But I also missed Sanjie's existence.

"Where are we going?" I asked Sander while he was driving.

"You'll know." He replied.

Today's our vacant time and it was a good thing that Sander's schedule today is the same as mine. So he's taking me out again—on a date, that's what I deemed.

I'm just quiet while he was driving. I don't know what to talk about with Sander. He's a serious type of man. Firmly, I missed how Sanjie and I talking loudly inside of his car. It's one of our ways to spend time with each other. But I think it'll never gonna transpire again because he altered. I missed him so much.

After a couple of minutes, his car stopped at the place where Sander wanted to take me. I get out of the car and turned around to see the place, and when I saw it, my jaw dropped. Oh...My...Gosh!

Sander was now beside me. "Do you love it?" He asked.

I didn't answer. I stayed to gaze at the place. I...I can't believe this!

"Welcome to my grandmother's garden."

He grabbed my hand and we get inside Sanjie and Sander's grandmother's garden. Oh My Gosh! I feel like I wanted to erupt!

I didn't tell him that Sanjie already brought me here when he skipped practicing just to be with me.

"Matagal na ang garden na 'to. Teenagers pa lang ang grandparents namin ni Sanjie. Grandma wanted to have a garden for herself, so grandpa made this for her. This is one of our grandpa's ways of showing love to our grandma." He shared.

He smiled while wandering his eyes at the garden. "I recall when Sanjie and I were still kids, our grandpa used to tell us, if there's a woman who's special to us, we'll bring that woman here and tell them the reason why." He began again.

My heart began pounding. I've been waiting for this moment to come. Sander and I...being together. I've been dreaming about this since I was seven.

"Do you wanna know why I brought you here?" He asked.

I looked at him and he was looking at me. My heart won't stop whipping fast. Why are you doing this to me, dear heart?

"W-Why?" I asked him.

He holds my hand and stared at it, he smiled when it was trembling. Then looked at me.

"It's because I love you."

——

Sander opened the car door for me. We arrived at my house and it was somehow getting dark. His hands were at both of his pockets and he shyly smiled at me.

"Uhm, thank you for this day." He said.

I smiled. "Thank you too, Sander."

He stroked his hair. "You better go inside. It's getting dark." He said.

"Oo. Ikaw, mag-iingat ka pauwi sa inyo."

He nodded and went back in his car then began the engine. He bid his goodbye and after that, he drove away.

When his car was out of my sight, I unlocked the gate and was about to go inside when someone called me. I looked back to see who it was and I'm stunned to see Sanjie standing five feet away from me. He's in his casual outfit. His hands were at both of his pockets, black shorts.

"W-What are you doing here? G-Gabi na." I asked.

"Waiting for you." He replied coldly.

"B-Bakit?"

He didn't retort instead he just stared at me. I can't read his thoughts. I want to know what's running into his mind, but he's too hard to read.

"K-Kung wala kang sasabihin ay papasok na ako." I break the silence and opened the gate but before I could enter he spoke.

"Your parents gave me two hours to be with you tonight since I told them that you're with Sander today." He told.

I turned to him in shock. "W-What?"

"I inquired for their authorization and they let me. I'll take you home before nine." He proceeded.

"W-Why?" I asked.

"Just because." He replied.

He turned back and started walking away from my house, so I have no choice but to follow him. I was just following behind him and none of us were talking. I don't know how to start a conversation because we stopped talking when he started avoiding me.

Sanjie and I have been walking for a couple of minutes and it's somehow scarcely away from my house. I was amazed when he stopped at the tree where Sander and I met ten years ago. He sat under the tree and I followed him. I put my bag and two books beside me and brightened at the sky.

"How are you?" He asked coldly.

"I-I'm okay," I replied.

"That's good to hear." He said, and then we stayed silent.

I sighed. Why does Sanjie have to act cold in front of me? Why does he have to avoid me? What did I do wrong to make him act like that? I wanted to cry right now but I have to regulate it from falling because I don't want Sanjie to see me weeping.

I turned to him and he wasn't looking. He was looking up the sky too.

I took a deep breath. "Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"What is it?" He asked, still looking up at the sky.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I frankly asked him.

He stopped, but later on, he went back to himself. "Was I?" He asked me back.

I sighed. "Don't answer me in another question," I let out.

He looked down and I heard him sighed. "I told you I was busy." He responded.

"Does that have to be every day?" I asked.

"I'm in the star section, Zephaniah. What do you expect?" He asked me back.

I was alarmed by his answer. Okay, hold your tears Zephaniah.

"You are, but you used to have fun with me. You skipped practice just to drive me home. You're still giving me time even though you're busy." I told.

He's still looking down. "Things don't have to be consistent, Zephaniah. There should be changes sometimes." He replied.

"Is that why you've changed and chose to stay away from me? Because things don't have to be consistent?" I asked. I'm hurting.

He didn't answer.

"Is that the reason why?" I asked him again.

And for the second time, he didn't answer.

"Sinanay mo akong nandyan ka, Sanjie. Palagi kitang hinahanap dahil hindi makukumpleto yung araw ko pag wala ka. Sinanay mo ako, Sanjie." I indicated.

He was still looking down and my eyes are getting watery. "If avoiding me was your choice, then I'll do the same thing," I said and pick up my things, and stood up.

I turned my back on him and was about to walk away when he grabbed my arm. So I looked at him and he was looking at me now.

"You won't understand." He mumbled.

I gave him an illogical look. "Then make me understand, Sanjie!" I cried out at him.

He stood up and he was staring at my eyes and so I was. My heart's whipping so fast. I don't know how to stop this.

The next thing I knew was, he pulled me to him and hugged me. I was amazed at what he did and that made me dropped my bag and books.

He took a deep breath. "You're in love with someone else..." He confessed.

I know but why is he telling me this? Does that worry him?

"...And I don't want that to happen."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.6K 52
#1 in schoolmates (5/6/2019) This is a tale of school mates who were separated by destiny due to a fateful prom night. Presently they have succesful...
160K 15.5K 49
Sidharth Shukla, a famous rockstar and Shehnaaz Gill, a crazy fan of him. Their worlds are totally different. Shehnaaz's always dreamt that one day s...
2.3K 220 10
"I am done with you." she huffed. Yet she whispered, "I can never get enough of you." "It hurts to be with her." he groaned. Yet he added, "But it hu...
4.1K 177 9
Ayano Aishi has never been able to feel emotions. She pretends to, not to fit in, but because she genuinely Hope's to learn to this way. When she and...