Her Tranquil Tales

By thatabayagirl

A Collection of Short Stories which mostly contains romance but, along with few amazing twists and thrills... More

Author's Note
●1. YOU ARE THE ONE●
1.1 you are the one
1.2 you are the one
1.3 you are the one
1.4 you are the one
1.5 you are the one
1.6 you are the one
1.7 you are the one
1.8 you are the one
●2. MY JUNIOR BOY●
2.1 my junior boy
2.2 my junior boy
2.3 my junior boy
2.4 my junior boy
2.5 my junior boy
2.6 my junior boy
2.7 my junior boy
epilogue
bonus
•3. SPARK OF JUSTICE•
3.1 spark of justice
3.2 spark of justice
3.3 spark of justice
•M Y D E A R T H E M I•
note

2.8 my junior boy

4.7K 381 592
By thatabayagirl

"NAYEL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

He looked back at the person standing behind him and whispered, "Mom."

They both distanced themselves abruptly and looked down feeling ashamed of what they were doing.

"Naira, you go join them downstairs. I'll manage this." He whispered ensuring her.

"But-"

"No, Naira go." He said pushing her towards the doors in front of his mom. Mrs Ibrahim was glaring the couples, fuming with rage.

When Naira left, he felt nervous and anxious about how to explain the things that happened to his mom. He decided to tell things slowly before his mom could beat the shit out of him.

"Mom, I need you to understand me first. Please, don't say anything before hearing my side of the story." His mom nodded and sat on the bed, composing herself to hear the explanation.

By delicately using each word, he revealed everything that happened without missing out anything. Indeed she was outraged to hear these unexpected confessions from her son. But, taking out her vengeance and scolding him was not an option for a situation like this. So, instead, she asked tranquillizing herself,

"So, what are you both planning to do? You both are still studying and you even have one more year to complete your studies." She asserted the facts.

"I don't know mom. What should I do?"

"Do you like her?"

Upon hearing his mom's question, he snapped his head to her. Pondering in his thoughts for a few seconds later he replied, "Yes, I like her."

"Okay then, let's think about this after her studies. Will she wait for you?"

"I don't know mom. We haven't discussed this."

Conceding his situation his mom decided to give them some time to discuss and ordered him to join everyone downstairs. Everyone asked him why he took so much time but the only person he wanted to reply to was Naira, who asked the question with her eyes. Flickering both of his eyes with a small smile and nodding his head, he reassured her.

As soon as the study was over she decided to go back home without having the evening tea and snacks from his house as she was not yet ready to face his mom. Even Nayel didn't try to stop her from going by understanding her circumstance.

When she reached home, Laila was there and she explained everything that happened at his house. By listening to everything she spoke, Laila urged the question which she wanted to ask from the day she got to know about their relationship.

"Naira, do you like him?"

"What!?" She was startled by Laila's question.

"You heard me." She sternly said.

"I-I don't know Laila. I seriously don't know what I should do or how I feel."

"Okay, just answer my question and you may find your answers. How do you feel when you are around him?"

"I feel protected."

"How do you feel when you receive a message or call from him?"

"I feel happy."

"Do you feel uncomfortable around him?"

"N-no!"

"How do you feel when you don't see him or when you don't receive his messages or calls?"

That question jerked her and without her knowledge, she replied, "I-I miss him."

"See! I knew it!" Laila giggled over her victory.

Naira glared at her realising what she uttered and what Laila wanted to hear. But, a sly smile formed her lips pondering on how she feels about him.

"Now Naira elaborate your statement. How, why you miss him?" Laila was enjoying her moment probing these questions.

"I miss him when I don't see him from college. I miss him when he doesn't message me or call me. I miss his presence when he is not near me! Okay? Are you happy now?" She gritted her teeth and inquired her cousin.

"Aww, of cause! I'm happy by hearing your little confession. Now let me inform this to my Jeejuu..." In a swift, she grabbed Naira's phone from the side table near them and dialled his number.

"Laila! NO!"

"Oops. Sorry, the call is already ringing." Laila giggled and handed her the phone whispering, "He picked the call. Now talk to my Jeeju."

Rolling her eyes she grabbed the phone from her little mischievous cousin and spoke.

"Assalamu Alaikum."

"Wa Alaikumusalaam. Missing me already?" He snickered.

"N-no." She instantly said.

"Noo! She is lying!!!" Laila screamed from the other end.

"Oho, Should I come over there as you miss me now?" He teased her.

"N-no! I called to ask you something." She spontaneously made up an excuse.

"Ask about what?"

"About-about... What did your mom say? Is she angry?"

"No, she is not angry. She is okay with us and asked us to discuss what to do next."

"Mmm, Okay."

"Seems like you have something else to say? What is it Naira? You can freely say that you miss me instead of making up these excuse questions."

"It's nothing. All the best for your upcoming exams." She said thoughtlessly.

"Thanks, dear tuition teacher and my wife." She laughed on how he addressed her and hastily replied, "Okay, I missed you. Goodnight." Without waiting for his reply she cut the call.

"Cute" He muttered when she hung up the call after uttering those words.

Days passed by spending few evening together and messaging all day. But, they both never discussed what to do about their relationship and instead Naira enjoyed her last few moments with him in college.

Her final year college came to an end and finally, the farewell day was approaching. Everyone planned to wear Saree as per the opinion of the majority of girls. Even Naira agreed to wear and she was excited to wear it for the first time.

The day before the farewell program, she received his call and they started their first argument.

"Naira, I have clearly said, you don't need to wear Saree!"

"Why? Why can't I wear it? Everyone is wearing!" She firmly asked him.

"You are not like everyone! Understand why I am saying this." He tried to make her understand but she was not understanding him.

"I am wearing it and that's final!" She declared.

"Naira, don't try to test my patience. You are not wearing it and that's final." He sternly told.

"Why? Nayel?"

"I don't want everyone to see you in Saree." His reply made her shut and she didn't ask anything further.

"Naira, Do you trust me?" He asked in a serious pitch.

"Yes."

"Will you wait for me? Will you wait for me for one year till I complete my studies?"

"Can't promise that." She chuckled saying.

"Naira I'm being serious!" His voice was different and made her startled.

"Yes, I will."

"What will you say to your parents when they come with proposals?" He inquired her.

"I-I will say that I'll marry only after getting a job and I hope so they will agree to my this condition as they know how much I have waited to get a job and be independent."

"Let's hope for the best and please don't wear saree tomorrow." Pleading with his cute voice he cut the call and drifted off to sleep.

He was not being strict or possessive by not allowing her to wear saree. But, he said like that because he didn't want any other boys from the college gawking at her as he was sure that she would be looking stunning wearing them which would make him and others difficult to not stare at her.

As per his request, she didn't wear saree and instead wore a pink Pakistani suit salwar with high heels and Jummka earrings. She looked gorgeous in her outfit and Nayel pleaded to take a picture with her.

-

-

Finally, she is an MBA graduate and working in a small business firm near her house. Nayel used to call her daily with any fail and they both talked for hours on the phone. They even meet on weekends near her office. Her parents gave her some time for her to settle and then marry later.

Just like any other day, they were talking on the phone and then Nayel abruptly asked, "Do you miss me?"

"What if I say no?" She asked.

"Then it would be a waste." He stated.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Open your terrace door."

"WHAT!"

"Shh... don't shout. You will wake your parents and siblings up." He whispered.

Keeping the phone aside, she slowly tip toped from her room which was near the terrace. Only her room was in the upstairs and others were sleeping in downstairs.

She slowly opened the terrace door and was welcomed by a warm hug from Nayel and he whispered in her ear, "Happy Anniversary my sweet Wife!"

She was shocked to hear those and with wide eyes, she stared at him. "Really?"

"Yes, wifey! It's our First Anniversary, March 20." Saying this he gave her the rose bouquet which was in his hands along with a big Ferrero Rocher wrapped chocolate box.

"Ferrero! My favourite. Thank you Nayel." Without her knowledge, she embraced him in hug out of happiness.

"Just a thank you is not enough." He said and walked towards her room. Without even asking her, he lay down on the bed and asked her to come.

"What are you doing Nayel?"

"What? I didn't do anything." He replied with an innocent smile and sat up.

She strolled towards him and stood in front of him saying, "You came to give this right? I got it. Now go before someone wakes up."

"I'm not going anywhere without getting a proper Thanks from you." He said folding his arms.

"Thank you so much my Husband Nayel for giving me this." She started addressing him as her husband from the past few weeks.

"Ewww! I don't want a speech like thanks! Just a small kiss from you is fine." He winked saying.

"Nayel!" She roared.

"What? Don't I have the right to get it?"

"Y-yes. But not now. After marriage." She shyly replied.

"Are you kidding me Naira? We are already married." He started laughing.

She glared at him, pulled his hands and pushed him out from her room towards the terrace door.

"Bye Nayel." She waved her hands indicating him to go.

"You are so mean!" Saying this in a swift moment he slightly kissed on her right cheek and went away.

She closed the door behind her and stood there with a throbbing heart. If it was the old Naira she would have become angry but now, she blushed at what happened and touched her cheek where he placed his kiss.

Now, even his college was over but he didn't get recruited to any company and was currently jobless. The time her parents gave her was over and now they were asking her to marry. Many proposals came but she somehow managed to avoid those proposals by stating some faults in the man or the family. But, now it was not possible as her parents were getting tensed and wanted to marry her off.

"Nayel! Again a proposal came." She beamed as soon as he attended her call.

"So?" He casually replied, not getting much bothered about the situation.

"SO? YOU ARE ASKING ME SO? DIDN'T YOU ASK ME TO WAIT FOR YOU AND THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!" She roared and he got startled by her response as this was the first time making her this angry.

"Well, you know I don't have a job now. So, how can I come and ask you hand in marriage from your father." He stated.

"So, what should I do Nayel?" She asked in disappointment.

"Maybe just let them see you and go. Then you can reject saying you didn't like him."

"WOW! My very nice Husband is now asking me to see someone for marriage. Wow. Just great. I'll just marry him itself." She said in anger.

"I didn't say you to marry him. Just let them come and see you. Just for your parents. I'll find a way anyhow." He requested.

"Mmm, Okay." She reluctantly agreed and cut the call.

She went to her parent's room and declared on agreeing to meet the family. This proposal was brought by her uncle Hussain. Also, the guy was working at Google company. Only one in a million people get a job there and her parents were so happy knowing this.

Without having any interest she dressed up in a maroon salwar suit and with light makeup. Before meeting them she decided to call Nayel and tease him.

"Hello, Nayel. I'm going to meet my new Husband."

"Naira!"

"What? Didn't you want this right? I'm doing what you asked me to do. If I like the guy I may marry him." She replied playfully.

"Fine." He hung up the call after saying this. When she was about to call him again she heard her mom calling from downstairs indicating the guests have arrived.

Fixing her dupatta properly in her head with pins, she walked downstairs. She saw her sister running towards her and whispered in her ear, "The groom is so handsome."

Muttering I don't care, she strolled towards the sitting room.

She saw a man in his mid-fifties wearing a brown shirt and black pants. He immediately smiled seeing her and she returned back the smile. Then she looked at the lady sitting near him who looked a little familiar to her. As soon as their eyes locked that lady smiled and got up from her seat calling her name, "Naira."

She got startled when her named was called and became more shocked when she saw the person sitting on the single sofa beside her father.

Nayel. She whispered.

Hiding her shocked face, she sat beside his mom lowering her head in silence.

"I saw her from a wedding and instantly liked her and was sure she is the one for my son." His mom stated.

Wow, she is a good liar. Both of them thought.

"Heard that you work at Google company? Lucky Man!" Her father asked.

"Yes, I recently joined." He stated.

"If you want to talk to him anything, you can." Her father stated and send them to another small hall. When they reached there she almost screamed.

"NAYEL! Why didn't you say?"

"Hehe. I wanted to see your surprised face and it was worth watching." He chuckled.

"Not so funny."

"So, did you like the guy?" He asked leaning closer to her. She pushed him slightly and replied, "Not bad."

"But I still feel like we are cheating them, my parents." She stated her fear.

"Do you want me to reveal it to them now?" He asked.

"NONO! He will kill me if he came to know about this. If we marry we can tell them after that." She said.

"If? There is no if. We are getting married. They know I am one year younger than you but didn't say anything about that."

"Really?"

"Yes. There is no age in love my wife." He stated and leaned closer to her again. She pushed him like earlier and went to the sitting room where everyone was present.

Both the families liked each other and soon fixed the marriage. Naira was beyond happy to marry her husband, again with her parent's consent. Their phone calls increased and both of them were so happy about the marriage and to be together finally after more than one year of their actual marriage.

The wedding day appeared sooner than they thought and her eyes were filled with tears during the time of Nikkah. But, this time it was her happy tears to be officially Mrs Nayel in front of everyone.

Both Nayel and Naira invited their friends to the wedding but didn't reveal who the bride or groom was as they wanted to surprise them and see their reaction. As expected everyone was shocked and happy at the same time.

The saddest part of the day came, her leaving with the family. She cried and hugged everyone before getting on the car with him. He comforted her from the car by patting her shoulders.

When she reached his mom, all his family members welcomed her with joy and took her to her new room. Nayel had a bhabhi, his brother's wife. She was a very friendly outgoing person. She handed Naira a big shopper went they entered inside her new room which was decorated with small candle lights and petals.

"Naira, wear this after freshening up."

"What's it Bhabhi?" She asked.

"Nayel bought this and asked you to wear this." Saying this she went from there.

Naira opened the cover in her hand and smiled seeing what was inside. It was a maroonish red saree with the black handwork as the border.

She quickly took a warm bath and wore the saree. She decided not to wear any pins as she was lazy to pin and was an expert in wearing them now. Sitting in front of the dressing table, she dried her wet hair using a drier and combed it neatly, leaving the hair left open. She was nervous and excited as he was going to see her without a dupatta for the first time.

She heard the doorknob opening when she was wearing her earrings. In a swift, he was inside the room and was walking towards her slowly. Like a statue she sat there in front of the dressing table, hanging her hands near her ears, trying to insert the earrings. But, she was not able to as she became frozen.

Startling her posture, he slowly took the earring from her hands and embedded it in her ears delicately. Her shoulders shivered from his cold touch and she looked down feeling shy.

"Hey, Mrs Nayel." He whispered near her earlobe. His sound was intense and different heating the atmosphere between them.

She raised her head and gazed at his reflection in the mirror. He was standing just behind her and took out something from his pant pockets. He lifted her hair hanging in her back to her right side and slightly caressing her shoulders he placed a chain in her neck.

It was a gold necklace with his name Nayel engraved in Arabic. It was simple yet an elegant piece of necklace.

(Imagine the name as Nayel)

Touching the necklace slowly and gazing herself in the mirror with that necklace on her neck she replied, "Ma Sha Allah Nayel it's so pretty. I loved it."

"I was so nervous about whether you will like it or not." He said scratching the back of his head.

"It's really so beautiful." She said glancing at the gift he gave.

In an abrupt moment, she felt a strong pair of hands engulfing her and in the next second, she was in the air. He lifted her bridal style from the dressing table and gently placed her on their bed. Instead of protesting, she held him tightly fearing that she may fall.

She sat on the bed adjusting her saree hastily. But the gaze from him was making her heart whole body a different feel.

"See! This is why I told you not to wear saree on your farewell. My wife is looking so beautiful Ma Sha Allah." She blushed at his statement and looked down. He slowly took both her hands which were rested on her laps and kissed her knuckles gently. Holding her hands in his hands gently he said,

"We didn't have the perfect start for our marriage and everything were completely unexpected but still, I'm glad it happened as I got you. And also, you may already know how I feel about you but I never said these to you that I LOVE YOU NAIRA. I'm happy to get you as my wife and life partner for the rest of my life. You don't need to say back if you don't feel-" His sentence was cut off by her sudden peck on his lips. He was beyond shocked to see this side of her which was so surprising.

"I love you My Junior Boy." Saying this they both welcomed their new life together promising to stay together in every hardship and ease.

Love is always unexpected. We may fall in love with unexpected people at an unexpected time but everything is already planned by the Almighty even before they were born.

THE END

-

-

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM/ HEY

How was the story, 'MY JUNIOR BOY?'

Stay tuned for the EPILOGUE!

Lots of love

Thatabayagirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 107K 176
Baad mein jo hoga dekha jayega Abhi ishq mein hain kuch din yahi rehte hain -Amandeep Lots of different stories that will take you to another world...
120K 9K 33
✨𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐚𝐛 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐢 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐊𝐡𝐮𝐝 𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐢 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐭...
668K 28.5K 52
(NOT EDITED) This book is the collection of short love Stories. 1. Way to your heart (completed) 2. Fragrance Of Love ( unpublished) 3. Unexpected L...
375K 16.6K 27
A short story by a rookie writer.Please give it a try though Love is a combination of respect, friendship, understanding, communication and companion...