A Witch Thing | Jasper Hale x...

By Mrs--Marvel

What if witches existed and no one even knew? And what if a witch finds her One, who just so happens to be on... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

10.9K 367 185
By Mrs--Marvel

Carlisle and Esme waved from the door as they all got in the cars. "Have a good evening." Emse called after.

They all nodded their agreements and headed off. Jasper, Alice, and Y/N got in a car separate from Rosalie and Emmett, following after them as they headed to the school. Alice had started talking while Jasper and Y/N listened, enjoying the little rambling from Alice.

When they arrived at the school, they got into the actual party and the night began. Edward and Bella arrived soon after, immediately going where there wasn't so many people. Rosalie and Emmett broke off, going to dance with the loud music together. They danced and talked and enjoyed their time out and about. Y/N was enjoying herself, it had been the first time she had enjoyed herself in so long. She forgot how good it felt to be...human. Or at least act it.

"I'm going to go get some punch, I'll be right back." Y/N excused. Jasper nodded simply and watched as she turned toward the punch table. As she began pouring her a cup of the drink, a voice said behind her, "Hey, how are you?"

She turned around to see where the voice was coming from. When she saw an unfamiliar boy standing in front of her, she shrunk in her spot slightly as she smiled nervously, "Hi...I'm okay. And you?"

He nodded, "I'm great. You look great in that dress."

She nodded, "Thanks." She attempted to walk around, but he blocked her path, "Where are you going?"

"To dance..." She said with uncertainty in her tone.

The boy asked, "You wanna dance with me?"

She took a step back. She didn't want to dance with him at all, but she also didn't want to say no and have something happen. As she debated what to do, a voice came behind him and spoke, "Excuse me."

The boy turned around to see Jasper standing behind him, tall and intimidating. A calm feeling washed over Y/N and she closed her eyes, letting smile spread over her face when she opened them. The boy, on the other hand, looked a mix of uncomfortable and nervous to the point of fear as he saw Jasper in front of him.

Jasper looked at her with a smile, "Would you like to dance, m'lady?" He bent down, grabbing her hand and placing a kiss to it. She blushed and nodded, "Yes." He smiled and pulled her over to him. The boy nervously stuttered, "S-sorry, man, I-I didn't know she was taken."

Jasper shot him a glare and then walked away from him, leading Y/N away with him. "Thanks for the rescue." She told him softly. Jasper nodded, "Of course, anytime."

Y/N looked around for Alice, trying to see where she had run off to. When she spotted the pixie-haired girl, she smiled a little. She was dancing with someone off in the distance. Alice caught her eye and smile, subtly pointing to the guy with a smile.

Y/N smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. The music changed as a slow song began to play. Y/N looked up in the air as if it was where the music was coming from. Jasper gently grabbed her hand again and asked, "Would you like a dance?"

Y/N looked back at him, letting her smile wash over her again as she nodded, "Yes, I would." Jasper smiled at her and pulled her in, placing one hand in hers and the other around her waist. Y/N let a little bit of her nervous feeling escape her, Jasper catching it quickly.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Y/N chewed on her lip, quickly stopping herself before Alice somehow saw and came to scold her for it. "I've never danced." She told him, a slight embarrassed.

Jasper lifted Y/N up, getting surprised look from her, and set her down on his shoes, allowing her to use him as a guide. She chuckled softly as she moved her hand around his neck, allowing him to move the two of them.

She smiled as she stared up at Jasper, his golden eyes beckoning her closer. The dance continued and she was completely enchanted by him, as was he with her. Her smile unconsciously fell as her eyes shifted from his lips to his eyes.

She slowly began to lean in, unconscious of her actions as if she were in some sort of daze. It wasn't Jasper, she knew that was certain. She would feel his power over her, and he was not using it.

She took a breath in and was suddenly brought back to reality. "Oh...um..." She said as she took a step back from him, as the song had ended and had turned into something upbeat again. She smiled awkwardly and said, "I'll be right back. Restroom."

He nodded slowly, distantly, as if still trying to bring himself back to reality. He shook his head and nodded again, pointing her in the direction of the restrooms. She thanked him quietly and headed off to the restrooms.

When she reached the restrooms, there were a couple girls leaving with smiles on their faces as they headed off, back to the party. Y/N walked into the bathroom, checking to see if anyone was there. When she was alone, she stood in front of the mirror and let out a long breath as she stared at herself in it.

She closed her eyes, took in a breath and then opened them again, revealing the golden eyes of the witch inside of her. They faded and she couldn't help the little smile on her face. She shook her head and went to wash her hands, splashing her face to get her thoughts straight. Jasper definitely had a hold on her that she couldn't quite explain. She knew she had feelings for her, Y/N was never one to block those out because she so rarely felt anything other than fear and anxiety.

She went to dry her face, grabbing a paper towel. The door opened and she could immediately feel the vampire behind the presence. "Rose or Alice?" She asked, a smile on her face. She threw the paper towel away and turned around.

Her eyes widened in fear and she stumbled back, her back hitting the wall. The red-headed vampire in front of her let a small and angry smirk spread over her face. "Guess again." She said, quiet and harsh.

"Victoria..." Y/N breathed, her voice trembling slightly in fear. Victoria walked closer as she looked over her dress. "I gotta say, you do pull that dress off. But...I wonder how it would look covered in your own blood."

Y/N's legs grew weak as her fear only grew, overwhelming her. She hissed and dark laugh, "Don't worry. I won't kill you, not yet. I'm going to wait my time. And when it is right..."

She was directly in front of her in no time, she brought her hand up in the air, bringing it down harshly as she scratch her arm. Four deeps cuts began to bleed on her arm, seeping from the wound and dripping onto the floor.

"That will only feel like a papercut." Victoria finished, a harsh hiss in her tone. Her lips curled back over her teeth as a small snarl left her throat. In another moment, she was gone, leaving nothing behind but Y/N on the restroom floor with a bleeding arm.

She held onto her arm, trying her best to keep it down so she didn't alert any humans. She breathed heavy and harsh through her teeth as the cuts hurt like hell. She tried uttering a simple spell, one to heal the wound, but only words escaped her mouth as her magic didn't flow through them.

She continued to try and use the spell, but it didn't work. Y/N closed her eyes shut and instead mumbled a spell to calm the pain. "Calme la douleur, ne fait plus mal." She said.

The pain of the wound slowly slipped away, not entirely but enough for it to feel simply like a papercut as Victoria said. She stood up shakily, still weak in fear of what had just happened. She grabbed a bunch of paper towels and pressed it against her wounds.

A moment later, Rosalie and Alice were in the room, standing over her worried as they moved the paper towels out of the way to see the cut. They both covered their noses, smelling the strong and delicious scent of her blood.

She covered the cuts back up and did her best to keep it away from the two. "Are you okay?" Alice asked, her nose still covered. Y/N nodded and spoke, "You shouldn't uncover the cut. Witch's blood is strong and potent, any other time it smells mostly normal, but when fresh and spilled, it's too strong to resist."

They worried over her, looking back at the cut and at her face. "I'm fine. I put a spell on it, it only hurts a little. But I should go before it wears off and people see."

They still looked at her with uncertainty plain on their features. Y/N muttered a spell to set an illusion over the wound so no one saw the real thing, "Cachez ce qui est réel. Montrez ce qu'ils voient." Alice and Rosalie looked at the cuts and stared in wonder, not seeing the deep and bleeding wounds anymore.

Y/N sighed, disposing of the paper towels and grabbing more. She pressed them against the wound and spoke, "I'll go. You stay here and enjoy your night, I'll be fine."

"No way." Alice told her.

"We we're coming with you." Rosalie backed her.

Y/N sighed, "I don't want to take you away from this. It's not fair on you."

They sighed and Alice told her calmly, "It's okay. We've had the prom experience before."

They were insistent on helping her and she knew they wouldn't take no. They got her out of the restrooms and were immediately met by Jasper and Emmett right next to them. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Edward walking over, looking as inconspicuous as he could with Bella at his side.

"Are you alright?" Edward asked, looking at her arm as he could clearly catch a whiff of her blood. He scrunched his nose up a little, trying his hardest not to focus on the blood. She nodded, "Yes, you don't have to come. Stay here, I'll be fine."

Edward shook his head, "You're one of us now."

She smiled lightly and they left, a few people staring but others at the school used to the Cullens doing strange things like this. They all got in their cars, driving away to get back to the house.

On the ride back with Jasper and Alice, they asked what happened to Y/N to distract themselves from the blood. Y/N bit her lip, she didn't want to worry them with Victoria. She especially didn't want to worry Jasper. His hands were clenched on the steering wheel so tight she was afraid he might crush it.

She spoke hesitantly, "I don't know... It happened so fast I couldn't tell who or what happened... The whole thing remains mysterious to me..."

Alice was a little unsure of her answer, but accepted it nonetheless as she sat in her seat, a little unsettled. Jasper, on the other hand, only squeezed harder on the steering wheel. He knew she was lying. Not just because of how anxious she was, but because he could sense it in her. He could feel it.

Why would she need to lie to him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 1.2K 35
THIS BOOK IS CRINGE AND NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHAUL. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! [COMPLETED] [IN LINE FOR EDITING] {Book 1} From what we know, Vampires, W...
99.3K 3.3K 16
As a new member of the Cullen family, new adventures are taken when an incident pushes the Cullens to move away from Forks, Washington, the place Y/N...
14.5K 320 18
Sagelynn has always known that she's different. Why? Because she's been able to communicate with ghosts since she was 6 and view past lives since she...
186K 3.9K 23
the run away didn't go looking for love. lower case intended. [book one] *i do not own any of twilight. just my characters and their thoughts*