A Life I Could Never Dreamed...

Από himani1411

Mahabharata. A tale of victory of Justice over injustice. A tale of sacrifices. A tale of diplomacy. The tale... Περισσότερα

something about me
Surprise gift. but for whom?
meddling with time?
A special chapter
An official meeting
meetings the pandavas
expecting the unexpected
what's right thing to do?
A little talk
its been days...
Gouri pujan
the ratings
the incrwonation
leaving Hastinapur...
hell broke loose..
the ratings
journey to Dwarka..
Reunion with Kahna
Journey continues
who am i?
Truths
different direction
ranking
where is Adrika?
New Avatar
New place dynamics
author's note...
Adrika
The Strategist Role
the talk
A Chalenge
Here It Is..
Return to the time line...
some confusion
Major heart break
Fall out
It's becoming complicated.
Big Dissions
Journey to Hasthinapur once again
A Time Changing Friendship
Business deal
Truth
His for ever
Khandavprasth
Indraprastha
Changes
Parth
Parth 2
A problem
A marriage or a conflict
Marriage of the century
The happy days
World fall apart
The next generation
The city of Seasons
Days in Island
The meet alash
Father
Family and moments
The things needed to sort
War of words
Alliances
War
The Falen Warriors
Vishma vadh
Chakravyuh
let's have some fun
Beginning of the end
The Ultimate Sacrifice
Thank you
Letters
the sequel
Announcement
Announcement 2

Time takes turns

2.6K 125 63
Από himani1411

Adrika's POV
      I read about Shishupal briefly in mahabharat and other books. Honestly I never thought of him as important enough but his words. How could someone be so veil with their words. He was uttering words that could make the food in your stomach reappear. This guy was the modern day equivalent of the guy can't say two words with out a curse word in between. He wasn't fit to be a face of anything. He wasn't fit to represent a class in school meeting let alone a kingdom. He shamed everyone. My brother for several things from kans's death to bhabi rukmini's marriage, bhrata bhim for marrying a demon, Droupadi for marrying pandavas and friendship with bhrata krishn. He even drag king Pandu into this. All while bhrata krishn reminding him to keep counting his sins that he promised his mother to forgive his 100 sins only. And my blood was boiling with his every word. He was insulting my brother in front of me.

"If being a Womeniser wasn't enough he brought this orphan from some slave market to flaunt as his sister." He said towards me. There were two people has rage dropping from their faces. My husband and Angraj. But he looked helpless as well.

"What do you think of us? Fools? Out of nowhere a lass just appears. Oh so great sister of krishn vasudev... I don't believe you witch.. Your powers are dark.. You are a witch. You should burned alive." He yelled.

"Stay in your limits prince Sishupal. Don't forget the lady you are addressing is a Queen and my wife." Nakul said. Aw.. Sweet.

"Don't bother yourself  Aarya. Everyone has their own way of praising. History witnessed when ever men can't exceed a woman in credibility they accuse her greatness to be abnormal. Witches are just very intelligent woman. Just the regressive mentality of men couldn't except their intelligence." I said. Wow history lession kicked in. Sishupal was shocked by this. But I continued "You must forgive the poor choices of words in my cousins case here due to the lack of ability of self analyzation. He is praising my intellect. But Cousin Sishupal do you happen to forget only bhrata krishn promised your mother to forgive your 100 sins.. Not me." I finished in a sickening sweet tone.

             He looked scared for a moment, then again started insulting my brother. Coward. Must have realised his mistake of insulting me. What happened after that was no mystery, he ran out of his sins. The moment he made the 101th mistake bhrata krishn's Sudarshan cut his head off. Duryodhan made a scene out of it but shut down immediately by everyone. They pick up weapons so as per punishment, they had to strip down their weapons. They left in a huff. Our lives fall on flow once again. This time my focus was solely on my Subhadra. For some reasons there she was constantly getting into accidents. Someone was definitely trying to harm my sister. But why. Maybe it's not Subhadra. It's Abhimanyu. As I was very wanted to be around Subhadra my amazing husband and chhote Kumar took over my responsibility. I get to spend a lot of time doing nothing. That was the first time I ever did that. Even jyesth bhrata point out that this relaxed time for me was long over due. One day three of us girls were at my chamber. They were playing some board game while I was just sleeping on the floor near them. We were talking and having a great time. While I heard chote Kumar's voice.

"Chhoti bhavi... Where are you?"

           He used to call me that once in a while as a joke. There wasn't any restrictions to enter my room for anyone. Only when Nakul was here his guards stop anyone at gate to inform us. So chhote Kumar came in not knowing Subhadra and Droupadi was here too. He looked at us.

"Forgive me Subhadra bhavi, Panchali.. I didn't know you are here." They both nodded. "Chhoti bhabi I'm here to inform something." He said. I looked up to him. I didn't bother to get up.

"Pehle baithiye to sahi.. Subhadra aur droupadi ke sath chousar khelenge?" I said patting the spot on the ground near me. He chuckled and sat near me. (Sit down first, would like to play the game with Subhadra and Droupadi)

"I never saw you so reclined before." He said picking up the hand fan and started fanning us both. "Jyeshth bhrata and bhrata bhim left for north some times back. There was a news for disturbance."

"But we secured the borders not may days ago." I replied.

"Hmm.. We need a strong border security force." He said. "Me and bhrata Arjun would need to go to the city center. Some matter is in hand."

"Aarya won't return today. He is out in Western woods for collecting herbs with healers." I said. I needed to be most careful. Men will be out today.

"That's right. Do you want me to increase security here?" He asked.

"No I will handle it." I said.

"This is so relaxing." He said. He wasn't any hurry. We talked a bit.

"Adrika did sahadev... " Parth came in talking. He looked at us. "There you are. You came here to inform her right?"

"Parth.. You don't have time for us.. At least let him." I said.

           He smiled before sitting down as well. I was very comfortable to get up to greet him. We talked about various things before they needed to leave. I had a bad feeling about their derparture. I was extra alert that day. After an early dinner Subhadra went to bed and I was roaming on the corridors checking the security. Droupadi came.

"Adrika.. Go.. Take rest. Everyone is here. Nothing will happen." She said.

"I am going to see subhadra once." I said.

"I just sent a maid to her room to check on her. She is sleeping." She said.

"Ok. Then. You also go to your room." I said. She nodded.

        I reached my room and started changing into my all white night dress. I knew I would not going to sleep so I started reading something. I didn't know why I feel like checking on Subhadra. I went to her room. Her doors were closed. I personally told her not to lock her doors today.

"Did Parth returned?" I asked the guard.

"No my queen!" He replied. I knocked.

"Subhadra... Sweetie it's me Jiji... Are you alright?" No answer. "Subhadra.. Are you sleeping dear? Why the door is locked?" No answer again. "Maybe she is in deep sleep." I said to myself. I was about to turn away when I heard her scream.

"Jiji..." My heart stopped. I banged on the door. "Break the lock."

           I ordered the guard. He immediately did so.  I ran inside to see my sister shivering in a corner. The room was trashed so is her hair and clothes. Someone tried to either murder or abduct her. I SAW BLOOD. I looked at the direction she was looking and there were three men trying to run I didn't thought twice before attacking them. I was determined not to let any of them leave with their life.

Arjun's POV

      Adrika wasn't very happy letting us leave today. Seemed like her gut was telling something wasn't right. I thought it just her paranoia for Subhadra's safety. It was a very wet and rainy night with thunderstorm. But when we reached the city centre the information we got made my blood ran cold. That was a trap. Our Chiefsman didn't sent any news for us to come here. But someone wanted us to leave the palace unsecured. We were not even process the information in our head, jyesth bhrata and bhrata bhim came. Turned out that was also a false alarm. Luckily a soldier was returning to the city for a family emergency, he said everything was so smooth that his chief let him go home for 2days. Nakul join us too. His work was over faster than he anticipated. When we reached the palace, it was under attack.

"Lords... Queen Adrika ordered us not to leave our places, the attackers are still inside and she is fighting with them. They are beyond our capability. Queen Adrika said we should just stop them if they surpass her." The guard inform us.

"Subhadra" Was all I could say before running inside.

      When we reached there we found very terrified Droupadi and Subhadra hugging each other looking at a fight between two figures in courtyard. Two men were laying dead. Adrika was well recognised by her white outfit in very little light. Another was an assassin. This wasn't new for us but still seeing her like this could run shivers in anyone's spine. Brutal was the only word you could describe her that time. The ladies were witnessing the wrath of their sister and friend for the first time. You could see they were terrified to their souls. With a cry of rage Adrika put her sword in the man's heart. We all were stunt watching her. She was covered with blood herself. But the power of this woman could easily shadow her injuries.

She came to us wiping the blood from the sword on her sleeves. She looked at us and smiled like nothing happened. Her mouth was full of blood, could not possible to tell whose blood was that. We didn't know how to address her right now. We just witnessed how cold bloodedly she could kill in order to protect her family. The dark shade of love was new for all of us. Subhadra took baby step towards her. Whatever happens she was her sister. When she was near her Adrika pull her into a hug.

"No one can harm you my sweet. Your jiji will destroy the whole world if necessary to keep you safe." She said equally darkly with an insane look in her eyes.

"Why we forget when the Nature has calmness and light of full moon it also has the darkness of new moon. If we embrace the light we can not deny the dark." Jyesth said. We all agreed to him. Nakul went to them and I pulled Subhadra to me. It was evident that he was very concerned.

"Don't look at me like that. You knew I am a freak before marrying me." And she was back.

         Next few months went by uneventfully. We were spending our days so peacefully and happy that it was a dream cum true for us. Subhadra's delivery was coming close. We talked about it was going to be in Island. Adrika didn't wanted to take any risks. One fine morning we were talking about some afire.

"Adrika do we really need to close our healers region?" Jyesth bhrata asked.

"Yes jyesth. I think this is the most important part of medical science. Think about how we loose our soldiers during war because they choose to die than go thought the pain of treatment. We can save them if we some how reduce the pain. So this is important. My healers will be going to the island for training under me, Helisha and the healers of island." She said.

"Ok if you say so. Anyway the healers are under island, I don't have any say on this matter. When they are leaving?" He asked.

"Tonight. I'll join them with Subhadra when we are around her delivery. I guess in one month." She replied. One month. That's so little time. I was going to meet my baby.

"Congratulations Arjun.." Bhrata bhim said. I was about to say something but Droupadi's voice cut me.

"Adrika..." She came running to her.

"What happened? Is Subhadra alright?" Adrika asked.

"A messager has come from Panchal, Dristadyumn has been shot by a poisonous arrow." She said crying.

"What... How..? And what maharaj Drupad sending messages for instead of sending him here?" Adrika said exactly what we all were thinking.

"He is very very serious and can't travel. Please Adrika save my brother. Please. I'm begging you.." Droupadi said. "You have to go."

"Aarya please send our fastest messenger to Island. Helisha need to reach Panchal as soon as possible." Adrika said to Nakul.

"No... We can't wait that long. No... Adrika you need to go." Droupadi cried louder.

"Droupadi. Dristadyumn is my also my family. Of course I will go. But I need Helisha there for after care. I can't stay there for long and leave Subhadra unattended." Adrika said calmly.

       After taking farewell from everyone she left. I saw Nakul was looking at the path. Sure and Behold  he always hated when Adrika had to travel, which she does a lot.

"She will return early Nakul. Don't worry." I said.

"She will. I'm not worried about it. But she is sick herself. Travelling in this state. It off putted me a little." He replied.

"She was sick?" I asked.

"A little. She was feeling out of blue a little lately. Her food choices were starting to change." He said.

"She will be fine." I said.

Adrika's POV

        This wasn't supposed to happen. But yet I had to go. It's Droupadi's brother. Even if I didn't wanted to leave my Sister at this phase. I had to. I was not at my best either. I have migraines. Insomnia and I was nauseous. But I was more focused on getting to Panchal as soon as possible. I reached there early in the evening. I wasn't able to send a message first so there was no one to accompany me into the city. I rode alone to the palace. Apparently maharaj drupad already informed everyone to just let me or my healers in as soon as we reach. Shreekhandini was the first one to see me. She came and hugged me.

"Thank god you are here Adrika." She said. I didn't mind her non royal adequate.

"Don't worry. He will be fine." I said.

"Queen Adrika... I can't thank you enough.." He  said.

"Maharaj it can wait. Where is Prince?"
       He nodded and took me to the room where Dristadyumn was laying on a bed wincing. He was awake. I went to him. His voice stopped as he saw me. There was a big piercing wound on his torso. I took out my equipments to take some skin sample to see what kind of poison it is. Oh.. No.. There were pus. It is starting to infect. These morons.

"What kind of poison it is?" I asked to the healer to see if it was a honest mistake.

"We don't know my lady." He said. Idiot.

"Then what you are treating him for?" I asked.

"Generic treatment for poisoning."

"Absurdity of your actions made this simple case of low intensity poison into this." I said shaking my head.

             I ordered him to drain the pus. As I started making some potion for the prince to drink. I sat down to make him drink the potion. He did. I was about to go he held my hand. I looked back. He wanted to say something.

"If I am at the gate of death I want you to know my biggest regret is that I let you go." He said.

"You never had me. Only person ever had me, has me now." I said with a smile. His eyes closed.

"I'm sorry from his behalf my queen. He isn't right at his senses." Shreekhandini said.

"Don't worry. It's just the side effects of the potion he just took." I said.

       I perform the surgery on him. It was fairly an easy one. Just took me half an hour. Towards the end I was so nauseous that I instructed the healer to wrap him while I went out and throw up everything that I had in my stomach. Wow I am more sick than I think. I thought off. Then a old maid was there rubbing my back. She looked at my face and hand while giving me water to wash my mouth.

"You should not have stress this much on your body at these times my queen. This isn't good for the fetus." She said. WAIT... WHAT? I looked at her shocked.

"You didn't know? See how the greatest healers can miss symptoms in their own body." She said amusingly. I was too shocked to respond. I.. I was pregnant.

"Oh... My... Thank you for this amazing news." Shreekhandini said and gave the maid the gold armlet she was wearing. She then hugged me.

"Adrika my child, this isn't Dwarika but as per relations this is also your maternal home. We will celebrate your pregnancy news as we would if it was Droupadi's." Maharaj drupad said.

         I hugged him as I would have if it was my father. He laughed. I was going to be a mother. I was overwhelmed with happiness, fear, excitement and what not. I needed to go home as soon as possible. I told Maharaj drupad to not send the news to anywhere. I needed to give this good news to my husband myself. I wanted to see the sparks in his eyes when he heard this. Our dream was fulfilling. We were going to have a baby. This was the most stupidest yet delighted moment of my life. Being a doctor yet missing the symptoms of pregnancy was stupid yet the news itself was good enough to cover for it. I needed to wait for Helisha to reach here as Dristadyumn needed supervision to get rid of all the toxins from his body due to the infection. I left Panchal the same day she reached. I was impatient to share this news with my family. Then we would go to Dwarika and Island. All the future events regarding this clouded my mind the journey back.

An
Here we are.... Big change. I'm so excited. It feels like I am having a child not Adrika....
Tell me what you think of this..
Please please please vote and comment.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

17K 655 14
Krisha a sweet and caring person who doesn't even have a single mean cell in her body who rules everyone with her heart and has everyone wrapped arou...
Tampered [SLOW UPDATES] Από Pragati

Ιστορικό φαντασίας

166K 9.9K 51
This is the story of two assassins, who travel back in time to the era of the Mahabharata..... ----------- Dishita and Aditya, two master assassins...
Ephemera Από 𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔇𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪

Ιστορικό φαντασίας

59.8K 2.9K 79
"Heavy is the head that wears the crown" Ephemera: Nothing is permanent, flowers that bloomed will die in a matter of weeks, before the trees leaf...
HELLO MAHABHARATA Από .

Ιστορικό φαντασίας

197K 9.9K 79
A sojourn it is. ❝His scent is petrichor. He shall always be the golden page of my recollections, of beautiful memories. The greatest archer of the...